Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST

Read 58293 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #161: May 18, 2018 08:47:08 am
      They also thumped us.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #162: May 18, 2018 09:02:26 am
      From my prospective its gegenpress from the whistle! If we sit back at all and attempt to hit them on the counter they will punish any mistakes harshly! We must dictate the pace and tempo of the game.
      Any concerns I have centre around our mental strength after 70 minutes. This can be won by then, we've demonstrated that fact amply this season.

Oh and I hope Lady Luck has got her flight booked and ticket?

Prediction......I haven't got a clue, spoken like a true sh*thouse! :f_whistle: :f_wah: :lmao:
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2018 09:07:38 am by neilh2105 »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #163: May 18, 2018 10:06:10 am
      We need to put pressure on Real Madrid from the kick off just like we did against Roma at Anfield. Once in front we cannot any slip ups at the back, just bring that cup back to Anfield.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #164: May 18, 2018 10:17:29 am
      We need to put pressure on Real Madrid from the kick off just like we did against Roma at Anfield. Once in front we cannot any slip ups at the back, just bring that cup back to Anfield.

IMO we just need to score more goals than them
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #165: May 18, 2018 10:30:59 am

I agree, it really is that simple, we need to pressure and swarm them, we need to be at least 2 goals ahead by the 70th minute otherwise I'll be extremely nervous.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #166: May 18, 2018 10:37:04 am
      Get at their fullbacks and we'll open up space to pull them apart. Kroos and Modric are not mobile at all and their attackers aren't going to drop back to help, either.

Of course, with the ball, they pose a different and serious threat. But I think our game plan in Europe sets us up well to be able to strike and cause them serious problems.

Just hurry the F**k up already.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #167: May 18, 2018 10:57:59 am
      I agree, it really is that simple, we need to pressure and swarm them, we need to be at least 2 goals ahead by the 70th minute otherwise I'll be extremely nervous.

Swarm . Nice word that. Even better when Poetry Is In Motion on the pitch.

Bought myself a new scarf online from the official club shop.

;D

As far as the game is concerned keep dropping the ball over Marcelo... he won't track back.
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2018 11:05:16 am by MIRO »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #168: May 18, 2018 01:31:15 pm

and like we did at Porto, vs. Man City at home, vs. Spartak, vs. Maribor, 1st half vs. Seville. Like we do.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #169: May 18, 2018 03:24:28 pm
      Don't worry, we have the royal wedding to keep us going for a full week and to take our minds off the game.

And the separation mid week 😁
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #170: May 18, 2018 05:39:33 pm
      The Foreign Office have chipped in again!!

Liverpool FC v Real Madrid travel advice
      Travel advice for Liverpool fans travelling to Kyiv for the UEFA Champions League Final between Liverpool FC and Real Madrid on Saturday 26 May.

Advice for fans travelling to Ukraine for Liverpool FC’s match with Real Madrid on 26 May 2018

Date: Saturday 26 May 2018

Venue: Olimpiyskiy Stadium, Kyiv

Kick off time: 9.45pm (local time)

Passports and visas
      you don’t need a visa to enter Ukraine for less than 3 months, but your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay

if you are travelling by road through Belarus, you will need a visa. Check out FCO travel advice for Belarus

your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is not valid in Ukraine, so comprehensive travel insurance is essential, even if you’re only going for one night. It could save you a lot of money if you get into difficulties

you must carry your passport with you at all times. Police may carry out passport checks on foreign nationals and your original passport is required since no other document can provide information on your legal status in Ukraine. Policemen should introduce themselves (name, post, rank, reason for ID check) and present a document verifying their position

always take care of your passport, as getting a replacement is costly and time-consuming; keep a photocopy separately from the original document and make sure your next of kin details on the back page of your passport are up to date

if you lose your passport, you’ll need to get an Emergency Travel Document from the British Embassy in Kyiv. The fee for travel document is £100.

Travel arrangements
      it may take several hours or longer to get across the land border

you can find information on how to get to the city centre on the websites of Kyiv’s two main airports: Boryspil airport and Kyiv (Zhulyany) airport

you can plan your route on Kyiv public transport using the eway website

use official taxis which display the name and telephone number of the taxi company. Agree the fare with a taxi company or a driver in advance

Getting to the stadium
      the Olimpiyskiy stadium is located on 55 Velyka Vasylkivska street in central Kyiv, about 2 km from Maydan Nezalezhnosti (Independence Square), 3 km from the central railway station, 35 km from Boryspil airport and 8 km from Kyiv (Zhulyany) airport

it takes around 30 to 40 minutes to walk to the stadium from the city centre

Olimpiyska metro station will be closed before and after the match. The nearest metro stations that will be operating are Palats Sportu and Ploshcha Lva Tolstoho

At the match
      buy match tickets only from an authorised seller

tickets to the stadium are holder specific. You might be asked to show your passport to enter the stadium

Liverpool fans will be seated in blocks 37-55 (lower level) and 40-56 (upper level) in the north stand - the nearest entrance to these sectors in the stadium is from Esplanadna and Saksahanskogo streets

doors open 3 hours before kick-off – get to the stadium early, as access can be slow due to ticket and security checks

there are designated rows for wheelchair users in the away sections, which can be reached via lifts from the ground floor

no large bags (over 20x25x45cm) are permitted inside the stadium. Luggage of a bigger size has to be left at accommodation or stored in lockers near Shevchenko Park (see below)

no fireworks, smoke bombs, poles for flags are allowed to be brought into the ground. Pitch invasion is prohibited (see Rules of conduct at the stadium)

police and security staff have the authority to deny entry into the stadium to supporters under the influence of alcohol or drugs; alcohol is banned inside the stadium

smoking is not allowed anywhere at the stadium

food outlets and toilets will be available at the rear of the seating area

items should be paid for by cash in the local currency

obey instructions from the stadium security to avoid being removed from the stadium and detained by the police

fans may be kept behind for a time to be determined by police/ stadium security after the match

Taras Shevchenko Park
      a meeting point for Liverpool FC supporters will be set up in Taras Shevchenko Park. Food and beverage facilities, toilets and flight information will be provided here. The meeting point is open on 26 May until 6pm and after the match from midnight to 6am

if you have a ticket for the match, you will be able to use free shuttle buses to travel between Borispol airport and the meeting point

a bag deposit facility will be available near the park, on the way to the stadium

from Taras Shevchenko Park, it is a 15 minute walk to the stadium

UEFA Champions Festival
      The UEFA Champions Festival will be held on Kyiv’s main Khreshchatyk Street, between Independence Square and the TSUM Department Store. The Festival will be open from 24 to 27 May from 11am to 11pm on 24 and 25 May, from 11pm to 8pm on 26 May and 11am to 9pm on 27 May. There is no scheduled public viewing of the Final at the Festival
      Tips
      most trips to Ukraine are trouble free, however there have been cases of violent attacks on foreign nationals in Kyiv and some of these may have been racially motivated, so take extra care and be vigilant at all times

be aware of the current political situation (in particular the tension between Ukraine and Russia) and avoid any action that could provoke a hostile reaction

the pavements, even on the main roads, are difficult to negotiate for those with disabilities. Access to public transport is also difficult

the currency of Ukraine is the Hryvnia (UAH). US dollars and Euros are the easiest currency to exchange, Sterling may be exchanged at a limited number of sites, Scottish and Northern Ireland notes are not accepted. Use banks and official exchange booths and keep the receipt as you may need to produce it if you exchange money back on departure

ATMs are available and credit cards are widely used in Kyiv
      as in any other city beware of pickpockets and bag snatchers at airports, railway stations, around the town centre, in the stadium and when using public transport; keep valuables and wallet out of sight
      take special care not to leave jackets or bags containing wallets or passports unattended if you’re in a restaurant or a bar
      be wary of accepting drinks in bars from strangers or people you’ve just met

drinking alcohol is prohibited in public places (except bars, restaurants). Local alcoholic drinks are often stronger than in the UK so make allowance for this

smoking is prohibited in public places, including bars, bus stops, subways, the metro, playgrounds, parks and the stadium itself. Use designated areas for smoking

don’t get involved with drugs - the penalties are severe

drink bottled water; this is readily available from local shops and hotels

for the latest information on safety and security - visit our travel advice page for Ukraine
      Lost wallets
      If you lose your wallet try to cancel your credit cards as soon as possible. British consular officials cannot provide you with the funds to help you return home. You can receive money from relatives or friends in the UK via commercial money transfer agencies, e.g. Western Union and MoneyGram.

If you are arrested
      British consular officials can visit you in remand / prison at your request and give you the list of English speaking lawyers if you need one. But they cannot get you out of prison, represent you in court or pay your bills. If you wish to see a consular official please make this request clear to the local police authorities.

British Embassy in Kyiv
      British Embassy Kyiv

9 Desyatynna str, 01901 Kyiv, Ukraine

Telephone (+38 044) 490 36 60 (also for out of hours emergencies)

Office hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #171: May 18, 2018 06:09:20 pm
      Not at all overly concerned about them if I'm honest, what I've seen doesn't fill with fear like RM side's of the past,
      In fact it could be argued that they fear us irrespective of their experience of late and of being favourites....i remember the same scenario in '05', nobody gave us a cat in hell's chance of beating the Rossineri...and we all know how that turned out 😁😁😁😁😁,

Jürgen will have done due diligence for every player likely to feature in the final, he would have studied their strength's and weaknesses and figured out a game plan to suit,
      Zidane likewise, however, at this moment in time I'm struggling to find a side that could cope with the way we Swarm all over them, we play as a total unit where every player knows almost with instinct what is about to occur,  it is not perfect of course but we have swept teams aside on a regular basis in this competition from the group stages thru to the final itself...and good sides at that,
      With our method of play, we start of kind of slow..ish but grow into a rhythm and carry it through 75-80% of the game,

The movement up front with Mo Mane & Bobby is very difficult to manage, and i can see RM struggling to cope with them,

Perhaps only Bayern could manage us as they are more defence minded but i guess we'll never know,

I'm quietly confident that no6 will be delivered one week tomorrow, too early to get excited but i bet this week coming f***in drags...but come it will...can't wait to see that F***ing smug kunt Ladyboy's face at the end, and not forgetting that other smug tw*t Ratboy....his taxi is fuelled and waiting, kunt !!

YNWA

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #172: May 18, 2018 06:42:10 pm
      the first semi with Bayern and Real was incredibly slow paced and when Bayern turned up the heat in the second leg Real struggled.
      If we are on our game I feel we will cause them real problems and hopefully many of them.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #173: May 18, 2018 07:18:32 pm
      The whole footballing world will be watching this game. Liverpool win this, every player in the world will want to be at this club.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #174: May 18, 2018 07:23:50 pm
      The whole footballing world will be watching this game. Liverpool win this, every player in the world will want to be at this club.

Think I'll have a early nite so take me of the whole world list.  :f_whistle:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #175: May 18, 2018 07:48:58 pm
      Think I'll have a early nite so take me of the whole world list.  :f_whistle:
      I forgot that united fans got accustomed to boring matches.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #176: May 18, 2018 09:36:50 pm
      4-0 Liverpool.

Dawn of a new era..

Empire of the Klopp...

Get at their fullbacks and we'll open up space to pull them apart. Kroos and Modric are not mobile at all and their attackers aren't going to drop back to help, either.

Of course, with the ball, they pose a different and serious threat. But I think our game plan in Europe sets us up well to be able to strike and cause them serious problems.

Just hurry the f**k up already.

;D

As far as the game is concerned keep dropping the ball over Marcelo... he won't track back.

and like we did at Porto, vs. Man City at home, vs. Spartak, vs. Maribor, 1st half vs. Seville. Like we do.

Not at all overly concerned about them if I'm honest, what I've seen doesn't fill with fear like RM side's of the past,
      In fact it could be argued that they fear us irrespective of their experience of late and of being favourites....i remember the same scenario in '05', nobody gave us a cat in hell's chance of beating the Rossineri...and we all know how that turned out 😁😁😁😁😁,

Jürgen will have done due diligence for every player likely to feature in the final, he would have studied their strength's and weaknesses and figured out a game plan to suit,
      Zidane likewise, however, at this moment in time I'm struggling to find a side that could cope with the way we Swarm all over them, we play as a total unit where every player knows almost with instinct what is about to occur,  it is not perfect of course but we have swept teams aside on a regular basis in this competition from the group stages thru to the final itself...and good sides at that,
      With our method of play, we start of kind of slow..ish but grow into a rhythm and carry it through 75-80% of the game,

The movement up front with Mo Mane & Bobby is very difficult to manage, and i can see RM struggling to cope with them,

Perhaps only Bayern could manage us as they are more defence minded but i guess we'll never know,

I'm quietly confident that no6 will be delivered one week tomorrow, too early to get excited but i bet this week coming f***in drags...but come it will...can't wait to see that f**king smug kunt Ladyboy's face at the end, and not forgetting that other smug tw*t Ratboy....his taxi is fuelled and waiting, kunt !!

YNWA

From my prospective its gegenpress from the whistle! If we sit back at all and attempt to hit them on the counter they will punish any mistakes harshly! We must dictate the pace and tempo of the game.
      Any concerns I have centre around our mental strength after 70 minutes. This can be won by then, we've demonstrated that fact amply this season.

Prediction......I haven't got a clue, spoken like a true sh*thouse! :f_whistle: :f_wah: :lmao:

the first semi with Bayern and Real was incredibly slow paced and when Bayern turned up the heat in the second leg Real struggled.
      If we are on our game I feel we will cause them real problems and hopefully many of them.

All of the above, plus.... Just don't sub a forward for a defender in the last 15 mins Jürgen.  Our lads will run themselves into the ground for you. DONT TRY FIX IT IF IT ISNT BROKEN, AND DONT MAKE SUBS JUST TO LET SOMEONE GET MINUTES TOWARDS THE END.
      I'm convinced we'll be ahead late on, don't give them a way back into it.
      Tattoos do hurt a bit, but I just can't wait for my next one. My 6th Gold Star. 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #177: May 18, 2018 09:38:57 pm
      4-0 Liverpool.

Dawn of a new era..

Empire of the Klopp...

Just hurry the f**k up already.

;D

I'm quietly confident that no6 will be delivered one week tomorrow, too early to get excited but i bet this week coming f***in drags...but come it will...can't wait to see that f**king smug kunt Ladyboy's face at the end, and not forgetting that other smug tw*t Ratboy....his taxi is fuelled and waiting, kunt !!

YNWA

All of the above, plus.... Just don't sub a forward for a defender in the last 15 mins Jürgen.  Our lads will run themselves into the ground for you. DONT TRY FIX IT IF IT ISNT BROKEN, AND DONT MAKE SUBS JUST TO LET SOMEONE GET MINUTES TOWARDS THE END.
      I'm convinced we'll be ahead late on, don't give them a way back into it.
      Tattoos do hurt a bit, but I just can't wait for my next one. My 6th Gold Star.   ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #178: May 18, 2018 10:52:31 pm
      the anticipation is killing me but only a week to go now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #179: May 19, 2018 06:36:30 am
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #180: May 19, 2018 09:07:45 am
      I hope we make a strong enough team so that we can successfully defend the champions league next season while warping up the premier league.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #181: May 19, 2018 09:42:27 am
      NB: Team no longer available

If Milner is really fit, I would replace him with Lallana.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #182: May 19, 2018 10:21:00 am
      NB: Team no longer available

If Milner is really fit, I would replace him with Lallana.
      Milner will be 120% fit.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #183: May 19, 2018 11:25:25 am
      Nice one UEFA.

The Distance for both teams/countries to get to the Ukraine is crazy for a single game of football on a Saturday night.

https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/997782182268678144

Quick Reply