Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST

Read 58258 times
      DynamoKyivFan
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #207: May 20, 2018 08:33:12 pm
      Greetings, Reds!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

We, group of Kyiv residents, would like to invite you to the free tour around Kyiv (approximately 3h long) during the Final week-end. We just want to show you the city and to prove that Kyiv is a great city and Ukraine is a wonderful country. All the information is here:

https://freetouraroundkyiv.wixsite.com/main

P.S. Please don't consider this message as spam - the tours are free and totally noncommercial. We really just don't know other ways how to invite people who are coming to Kyiv for the game in some other way, that's why decided to post here.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #208: May 20, 2018 09:18:04 pm
      Madrid failed to win again this weekend, with Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Casemiro, Kroos etc all playing. Also once again failed to keep a clean sheet too, letting in another 2 goals, 1 was a comical bit of defending from Marcelo.

I really can’t understand how so many people think Madrid are nailed on for this, their whole season in Europe has been based on luck. They’ve been twatted by Spurs and pretty much got gifted the Bayern game by Ulreich. As for in the league, they’ve been poor.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #209: May 20, 2018 09:19:45 pm
      Madrid failed to win again this weekend, with Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Casemiro, Kroos etc all playing. Also once again failed to keep a clean sheet too, letting in another 2 goals, 1 was a comical bit of defending from Marcelo.

I really can’t understand how so many people think Madrid are nailed on for this, their

its not the football that worries us its the dark arts getting players sent off, penalties, free kicks etc
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #210: May 20, 2018 11:16:21 pm

I really can’t understand how so many people think Madrid are nailed on for this, their whole season in Europe has been based on luck. They’ve been twatted by Spurs and pretty much got gifted the Bayern game by Ulreich. As for in the league, they’ve been poor.
      Let 'em think that. They'll see soon enough.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #211: May 21, 2018 08:50:30 am
      Let 'em think that. They'll see soon enough.

Lets just hope we don't get stage fright because if we properly turn up, we will nut these!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #212: May 21, 2018 08:55:23 am
      we don't need to play well for 90 mins we have proved that we can in 20 min bursts destroy teams.
      Unlike the FA Cup managers we know our manager will not change and his team will go out to win the game .
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #213: May 21, 2018 09:12:12 am
      Expecting a 4-3-3 of:

Karius
      TAA Lovren VVD Robertson
      Milner Henderson Lallana
      Salah Firmino Mane

Largely forward passing players. Gigi to come in for the last 15 mins.

3-1 win
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #214: May 21, 2018 09:23:05 am
      Lets just hope we don't get stage fright because if we properly turn up, we will nut these!
      Really can't see us getting stage fright or overawed by the occasion mate,I felt the acid test in this seasons  European cup was against Man City & for the best part of the two legs we took them apart.
      If we play anywhere near to the way we played against city & Roma in the two home legs I think we will do it & that's not taking into account the 16,000  reds in the crowd getting behind us  ,even though I fully expect there to be well more than that who manage to get into the ground.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #215: May 21, 2018 09:30:51 am
      Expecting a 4-3-3 of:

Karius
      TAA Lovren VVD Robertson
      Milner Henderson Lallana
      Salah Firmino Mane

3-1 win

Why on earth would you start a player, Lallana, who is not match fit? No Wijnaldum starts for me with the option of Lallana off the bench if we need to freshen things up in the second half and please please please no more of this taking Mane or Salah off in the final 10 minutes.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #216: May 21, 2018 09:34:11 am
      Really can't see us getting stage fright or overawed by the occasion mate,I felt the acid test in this seasons  European cup was against Man City & for the best part of the two legs we took them apart.
      If we play anywhere near to the way we played against city & Roma in the two home legs I think we will do it & that's not taking into account the 16,000  reds in the crowd getting behind us  ,even though I fully expect there to be well more than that who manage to get into the ground.

I agree, I think the team has matured massively over this season, they are almost all seasoned internationals and have been through some very tough and emotional matches this season in Europe. My fear is the final 20 minutes, we have to be ahead by that point and not F**k about with the formation, Mane and Salah have to stay on even if they are a bit knackered because without that offensive threat Real Madrid will just apply relentless pressure on us.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #217: May 21, 2018 09:48:45 am
      I think this team trust each other and they will find a way of winning on the 26th. (this is my positive head I will be along shortly with my not so sure head)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #218: May 21, 2018 10:26:20 am
      Jürgen picks on form and currently you can’t warrant anyone dropping out.

Back five stays solid; Gini, Milly and Henderson in the middle and the front three starts.

Having Lallana potentially back is huge. Gives our bench some fire power or an option if things need changing.

Just F***ing praying we settle early and don’t get stage fright.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #219: May 21, 2018 10:28:41 am
      I agree, I think the team has matured massively over this season, they are almost all seasoned internationals and have been through some very tough and emotional matches this season in Europe. My fear is the final 20 minutes, we have to be ahead by that point and not f**k about with the formation, Mane and Salah have to stay on even if they are a bit knackered because without that offensive threat Real Madrid will just apply relentless pressure on us.
      Absolutely,regarding the formation I'm pretty confident jk will finish  the match with the same 11  that started it,barring injuries or what have you of course.
      As a side note I personally would like us to get the job done in the 90,I do not fancy another nail biting,arse twitching,heart palpitating & nerve  jangling scenario of 1984 & 2005 which put years on me

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #220: May 21, 2018 10:30:53 am
      its not the football that worries us its the dark arts getting players sent off, penalties, free kicks etc

Spot on but it's about time we learned this tactic and use it to our advantage also.

I don't care how we win the game lets just win it.

We need to be more streetwise and have needed to be for years.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #221: May 21, 2018 10:40:37 am

Because I just can't see UEFA letting an English team - never mind Liverpoll to win it. I am sure the ref is under instructions to give Real Madrid as many penalties as possible or deny us penalties if we are behind.  If we lead then they will get a penalty for sure or as many as they need. UEFA don't like us - simples. They will do anything to get a Spanish to win it.

Unless we can lead by 4/5 - 0 then I think we may have a chance because the ref may not be able to give 3/4 penalties.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #222: May 21, 2018 11:01:50 am
      “When We Were Kings” - Dalglish and Souness reflecting on 3 x European Cup victories at 9pm on LFCTV tonight......
      ruthcity
      • Started Topic

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #223: May 21, 2018 11:16:47 am
      is it true with this being an important Final Harry Kewel has in fact declared himself fit and ready to play.

Harry started in the 2005 Final. Does that ring a bell?

It's very true that with this being an important final, even the most injured player will do what they can to start.

Our players will be very available for selection. Why not? I would too as a squad member. Wouldn't you?
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2018 11:23:20 am by ruthcity »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #224: May 21, 2018 11:36:25 am
      Crouchy can you respond to your PM mate?

Need your mobile asap!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #225: May 21, 2018 12:54:08 pm
      Gonna be a long week waiting for this European Cup Final......

It's only 13.00 on Monday like and I'm already here in my head running through how the game will go. I can picture the big empty space between Mane & Salah and the goal, bodies chasing them frantically, and then also the big empty space behind the goal to the stand, a lĂĄ the Olympic Stadium. We are shooting right to left. We miss the big chance. Camera pans to Salah with his head in hands. But don't worry we will score one before HT.

Planning my subs in my head. We are 2-1 up in my head. 70 mins gone, legs are going. Lallana is coming on for Milner. Can for Gini 10 mins later....still holding on.

Who next? Clyne or Ings..... the nerves are kicking in now big time.

help.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #226: May 21, 2018 01:03:08 pm
      Because I just can't see UEFA letting an English team - never mind Liverpoll to win it. I am sure the ref is under instructions to give Real Madrid as many penalties as possible or deny us penalties if we are behind.  If we lead then they will get a penalty for sure or as many as they need. UEFA don't like us - simples. They will do anything to get a Spanish to win it.

Unless we can lead by 4/5 - 0 then I think we may have a chance because the ref may not be able to give 3/4 penalties.

Bloody hell tinfoil hat time, I'm fairly sure UEFA wold want some variation on who wins and not just have Real Madrid year after year.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #227: May 21, 2018 01:05:08 pm
      I'm pretty chilled & confident over the game, I think we will win 3-1..
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #228: May 21, 2018 01:15:47 pm
      Expecting a 4-3-3 of:

Karius
      TAA Lovren VVD Robertson
      Milner Henderson Lallana
      Salah Firmino Mane

3-1 win

What?! No chance is Lallana playing! Why would you drop a super fit player like Wijnaldum who has been EXCELLENT in the champions league
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #229: May 21, 2018 01:27:34 pm

I think Real are favourites and probably rightly so. They've had luck yes but they've beaten the champions of France, Italy and Germany just to get to the final - can't all be down to luck. They've also got the experience of many recent finals, whilst we don't know how some of our players will react to the biggest game of their lives.

Still think we'll win though.

Quick Reply