Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST

Read 58250 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #253: May 21, 2018 09:59:44 pm

I don't think I will ever tire of hearing that...its just perfect .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #254: May 21, 2018 10:01:29 pm
      It was reported that RM had returned 2,000 of their ticket allocation.
      Don't worry there are 2000 scousers called Juan and Pedro queueing up at their ticket office right this minute
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #255: May 21, 2018 10:23:16 pm
      Don't think Can will feature at all, he's not fit for a start and even if he was close he wouldn't be risked, he'd be a liability having not played for weeks,

We're down to the bare bones so our starting X1 is predictable....

Karius
             Trent  Lovren Van Dijk Robertson
                               Henderson
                        Milner           Wijnaldom
                Salah        Firmino      Mane

Bench ;  Migs, Klavan Clyney Moreno
                     Lallana Solanke Ings

3-1 MIGHTY REDMEN

YNWA

If Can's fit, I'd have him on the bench at least.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #256: May 22, 2018 12:25:29 am
      If the game heads to extra time, I fancy our chances of really taking advantage, I can't see Madrid matching our lads on fitness, especially when we've had 2 weeks to prepare. Especially Ronaldo, no matter how Zidane wants to dress it up, he's just come back from an injury, he wont last 120mins at his threatening best IMO. Hopefully we get the business done before then mind.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #257: May 22, 2018 02:15:43 am
      Who says we wouldn't have beat those teams as well?

Not saying we wouldn’t have. Just saying that you don’t beat those three teams in a row through just ‘luck’.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #258: May 22, 2018 02:40:24 am
      If the game heads to extra time, I fancy our chances of really taking advantage, I can't see Madrid matching our lads on fitness, especially when we've had 2 weeks to prepare. Especially Ronaldo, no matter how Zidane wants to dress it up, he's just come back from an injury, he wont last 120mins at his threatening best IMO. Hopefully we get the business done before then mind.

Agree, but their bench is ridiculous so Zidane would just bring in fresh new legs.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #259: May 22, 2018 06:59:03 am

I’m a lot more worried about Ronaldo than anyone else, the fact is he’s still banging more goals than games he plays. His ratio is second to none, especially in the champions league.

He’s made for the big occasion and I just hope he has an off game.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #260: May 22, 2018 08:44:21 am

This is when I think our chances lessen. It is well known that we fade towards the end of games due to the intense nature of our play.

What makes anyone think we would all of a sudden have way more energy come extra time?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #261: May 22, 2018 08:53:35 am
      We need to beat them over 90 mins it's no great surprise they really struggled against Spurs high pressing and we implement that style better than Spurs.
      Milner to run his heart out, closing down and harassing for 70 mins and then Lallana for the last 20.
      Hendo and Gini can easily run full pelt for the 90 mins.

Hopefully the Kunts are this arrogant.

https://twitter.com/dankennett/status/998692263172689923?s=21
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #262: May 22, 2018 09:12:58 am
      We need to beat them over 90 mins it's no great surprise they really struggled against Spurs high pressing and we implement that style better than Spurs.
      Milner to run his heart out, closing down and harassing for 70 mins and then Lallana for the last 20.

Well that's Jürgen's pre match talk sorted then.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #263: May 22, 2018 09:35:48 am
      Genuine question, how do Salah, Can and Mane prepare for the final during Ramadan... surely eating right is the best way to prepare your body for the most intense game they will ever play?
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #264: May 22, 2018 09:40:12 am
      Well that's Jürgen's pre match talk sorted then.

Brilliant. Pin it up on the dressing room, just like Paisley and co.did in the past.

Let them woefully underestimate us, at their own peril.

I'm very confident that we'll be buzzing around the pitch for 90 minutes with huge amounts of adrenalin and energy.

We won't underestimate them however if we play to our peak, they won't be able to stay with us. I don't think Real really knows what's about to hit them.

I can see Marcelo shitting his pants at the prospect of Salah marauding down his flank and I really feel that Ramos is due another red any time soon as he just can't help himself.
      If our Fab 3 are firing and in-sync, we'll run them off their feet.

I cannot wait! This week feels like a month.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #265: May 22, 2018 10:00:18 am

Oh I really hope the team are as confident as this tw*t of a journalist who when describing Liverpool's defence as terrible forgets about the clean sheets and the fact that we kept Man City, the best attacking team in the world at this moment, to one goal over 2 legs and beat them in 3 matches in one season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #266: May 22, 2018 10:02:48 am
      Genuine question, how do Salah, Can and Mane prepare for the final during Ramadan... surely eating right is the best way to prepare your body for the most intense game they will ever play?

Apparently because of work commitments and essentially travelling around, they are allowed to make up the days of fasting when it’s more convenient... if that makes sense.
      Well Red
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #267: May 22, 2018 10:33:48 am
      Real Madrid really don't know what's about to hit them. All this bravado talk about how they're the calmest they've ever been etc is actually telling me the opposite.They won't have played a team like us, the way we'll have attacks coming from literally anywhere at any time. Counter attack, patient build up play, long balls, crosses - 3 players ready to pounce.
      Wingers bombing forward when the opportunity calls for it.
      Meanwhile they'll have players stranded like Ronaldo waiting for the ball from a disjointed set of individuals with limited team ethic. We'll go out as a team, a solid team of players who are humble yet extremely dangerous. One of the most dangerous teams in terms of variation in potential goal threats.
      Madrid are dodgy at the back and I think their goalie is terrible, he's a flapper.
      Yes, I'm prepared for the worst case scenario, all I hope for is the ref isn't one of those refs who's a mug.
      Klopp deserves this win and of course the players too for all that great football they've played, lit up the champions league like no other.
      The fans, we'll see what happens and try to enjoy the ride.

Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #268: May 22, 2018 10:39:00 am
      Real Madrid really don't know what's about to hit them. All this bravado talk about how they're the calmest they've ever been etc is actually telling me the opposite.They won't have played a team like us, the way we'll have attacks coming from literally anywhere at any time. Counter attack, patient build up play, long balls, crosses - 3 players ready to pounce.
      Wingers bombing forward when the opportunity calls for it.
      Meanwhile they'll have players stranded like Ronaldo waiting for the ball from a disjointed set of individuals with limited team ethic. We'll go out as a team, a solid team of players who are humble yet extremely dangerous. One of the most dangerous teams in terms of variation in potential goal threats.
      Madrid are dodgy at the back and I think their goalie is terrible, he's a flapper.
      Yes, I'm prepared for the worst case scenario, all I hope for is the ref isn't one of those refs who's a mug.
      Klopp deserves this win and of course the players too for all that great football they've played, lit up the champions league like no other.
      The fans, we'll see what happens and try to enjoy the ride.

The Madrid goalkeeper was excellent against Bayern in the Semi, Ramos was superb also. I dont think you win 2 champions leagues in a row without being pretty decent. Honestly this over confidence ruins me, we will need to be at our best to win this - normal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #269: May 22, 2018 10:47:30 am
      The Madrid goalkeeper was excellent against Bayern in the Semi, Ramos was superb also. I dont think you win 2 champions leagues in a row without being pretty decent. Honestly this over confidence ruins me, we will need to be at our best to win this - normal.

It doesn't matter whether us the fans are over confident or not, all that matters is that the players and coaches are 100% focussed on the task ahead of them as I am 100% confident they all are. What I do find interesting though is the mood of the Spanish press, if they are overconfident then that might mean the players are as well and that could play very nicely into our hands when we launch our blitz.
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #270: May 22, 2018 11:09:35 am

That winds me right up, nobody can handle us on our day. The more they talk like this the more we announce ourselves back on the top stage when we go in 3-0 up at half time
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #271: May 22, 2018 11:37:17 am

They can either make it up later or, most likely, offer (once it has been cleared first) something else (like aid or meals to families etc) as a substitute for missing out on Ramadan. Salah wont be the first Sports Star to miss out on Ramadan due to sporting commitments.
      ruthcity
      • Started Topic

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #272: May 22, 2018 12:51:52 pm

Good. They've just the right attitude we need.

Don't train anymore and go straight to the actual match. Treat the final as a training or pick up game. Keep telling yourselves this Liverpool team is a walk in the park. Tell yourselves you've already won it. You're just there to lift the cup. Let Liverpool self destruct. Don't tackle, don't win second balls, don't even need to try. You've already won it. Congratulations.

Liverpool will smash you in Kiev.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #273: May 22, 2018 12:58:12 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #274: May 22, 2018 01:07:05 pm

Surprised they haven't wheeled one of their Sporting directors out to call us "sh*t on a stick" again!!

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #275: May 22, 2018 01:21:22 pm
      These should be shown to our players every day till the final. Yes they are from a Spanish Journalist (Diego Torres)...but the implication is that he has ties to the club and these comments are coming from the club:

“Liverpool probably is not even among the top 10 teams in Europe.

“It doesn’t have a good goalkeeper. It doesn’t have a good defence. It only has one international-class defender – Virgil van Dijk.

“Its full-backs are very limited. Maybe they’re strong, fast; they’re able to do OK in the English Premier League, but none of them signed for Chelsea or Manchester City or Manchester United because they don’t have the level to play for those teams.

“Liverpool’s midfield has players who are also forceful, disciplined, self-sacrificing. They know their profession. They are tradesmen. Footballers like Jordan Henderson and James Milner are footballers that lack creativity.

“There are other British teams with better midfielders. Liverpool doesn’t have a player like [Paul] Pogba, nor [Ilkay] Gundogan, nor [Kevin] De Bruyne nor [David] Silva, nor Dele Alli in the centre of their midfield. Liverpool is missing footballers in this part of the pitch with ingenuity.”

Quick Reply