Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Loris Karius
      1 (1.9%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (5.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.7%)
      James Milner
      7 (13%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      5 (9.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      30 (55.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (3.7%)
      Dominic Solanke
      1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: May 10, 2018 06:23:13 pm

Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25824 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,013 posts | 523 
      Re: Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: May 06, 2018 07:58:50 pm
      And what's all this anti solanke sh*t he had about 15 mins to do something and you lot want him fu**ed off give him a break no one was on form today and he had nothing to work with.

Yeah, got to give the boy time. Too many subscribers to the Mourinho school of youth development around.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,534 posts | 242 
      Reply #369: May 06, 2018 08:02:34 pm
      No real positives from today apart from sly might show the game live on Sunday, unless Huddersfield play a blinder against  chelski midweek
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #370: May 06, 2018 08:31:54 pm
      AS I said earlier at times Chelsea had three men on Salah, and the lack of penetrating runs buy our midfielder never really afforded Salah any real space... beside needing a decent back up striker, the front three is not the problem... Our midfield is....

We also need Backups in the GK,RB,LB and If we can two CB's.... Going to be a tough and exciting Summer transfer window
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,795 posts | 464 
      Reply #371: May 06, 2018 08:34:27 pm
      AS I said earlier at time Chelsea had three men on Salah, and the lack of penetrating runs buy our midfielder never really afforded Salah any real space... beside needing a decent back up striker, the front three is not the problem... Our midfield is....

We also need Backups in the GK,RB,LB and If we can two CB's.... Going to be a tough and exciting Summer transfer window

Those three men on Salah probably knew his deodorant choice, Salah had zero space out there.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #372: May 06, 2018 08:35:00 pm
      I wouldn’t take Sturridge back, but I’d probably bin Solanke

I  wouldn't bin him but he's not ready for the first team squad right now and we need to be looking for a better option. The problem we have is the front three are so good any decent player is going to be reluctant to join us for fear of never getting a game. Nonetheless we have to try because relying on Solanke and Ings is no more a solution than bringing back sick note Sturridge. Unless someone can bring back the 2014 Sturridge, that'd do.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #373: May 06, 2018 08:38:06 pm
      Those three men on Salah probably knew his deodorant choice, Salah had zero space out there.
      Very true, think after the Utd game when the had you and co mark him out of the game do people here believe that Chelsea would not try something similar ..??
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #374: May 06, 2018 08:40:10 pm
      Anyone else think Wijnaldum was decent today? Thought his defensive work was as good as what Hendo usually shows, and his short passing neat and tidy, but I felt he could have been more confident in his ability and make more risky passes, but was that down to us not having an attacking midfielder and how defensive Chelsea was? I thought our other CM players (TAA & Milner) were more wider than usual.
      Kopite78
      Reply #375: May 06, 2018 08:49:03 pm
      Absolute w*nk F***ing shithouse fans some of you

F***ing embarrassing
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #376: May 06, 2018 09:02:43 pm
      Absolute w*nk f**king shithouse fans some of you

F***ing embarrassing

Aye.

More depressing than anything I’ve seen in red since Victor Moses.........
      Kopite78
      Reply #377: May 06, 2018 09:08:23 pm
      Aye.

More depressing than anything I’ve seen in red since Victor Moses.........

Honestly some of the comments by so called fans
      So called fans who think of themselves as something special on here

Shithouses

Absolute shithouses
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #378: May 06, 2018 09:11:58 pm
      Honestly some of the comments by so called fans
      So called fans who think of themselves as something special on here

Shithouses

Absolute shithouses

Correct.

Like spoiled children without youth as a defence.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #379: May 06, 2018 09:32:52 pm
      Unbelievable some of the posts in this car crash of a thread.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #380: May 06, 2018 10:09:00 pm
      In all honesty, If i  were the Chelsea's manager and could choose any Liverpool players to buy that would enhance Chelsea's team; and to go along side what they already have, then I would only look at Salah and Firmino (No offence Mane) But that is the quality difference between us and them... They have better individual players, Under Klopp we just perform better as a team
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #381: May 06, 2018 10:10:10 pm
      How the F**k was hazard motm ?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #382: May 06, 2018 10:11:24 pm
      Too many here not in it "for better or for worse."

And the shortness of memories and attention span....Ugh.

Nothing wrong with this team a couple of days off won't take care of. Milner, Gini, Bobby, Robbo all looked shattered to me. Yes we could do with a bit more depth but we're still in the driver's seat with a fantastic chance to achieve something historic. Some of you seem rather eager to lead the panic train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TuEWtXBT_0

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0PijNCEwo
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #383: May 06, 2018 10:14:09 pm
      In all honesty, If i  were the Chelsea's manager and could choose any Liverpool players to buy that would enhance Chelsea's team; and to go along side what they already have, then I would only look at Salah and Firmino (No offence Mane) But that is the quality difference between us and them... They have better individual players, Under Klopp we just perform better as a team

VVD is better than any of their defenders and  Robertson isbetter than Alonso , would also argue with your assessment of Mane.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #384: May 06, 2018 10:19:13 pm
      And what's all this anti solanke sh*t he had about 15 mins to do something and you lot want him fu**ed off give him a break no one was on form today and he had nothing to work with.

I don't think anyone is talking about Solanke based on today only, but well, he surely didn't do much to change people's opinions.

The thing is - he hasn't impressed in one single match this season, and if he's going to play for a club (hopefully) competing for the league next season, he'll hardly have more than those 15 minutes here and there, or the odd start in the cups.

So if he isn't the sort of youngster that is capable to come in and make a difference - and I mean ANY impact whatsoever, for he usually has none - then there's no point of him staying at LFC next season. He isn't displacing Firmino, so it only makes sense to either loan him out or move him on.

I personally think he has a lot of work to do in terms of using his height and his body, at the moment I couldn't see him starting at any Premier League club, so as much as people say "we should only loan him out to a PL side", I can't actually see any PL sides taking him as a starter. Perhaps a season in a club that will actually give him time and help him learn how to cope with the physicality of professional defenders would be best.

He will be 21 at the start of next season, so I can't really see him developing himself at the club. He isn't ready for first team football and won't mature by playing under 23s. I imagine he'll probably go on and have a decent career but not at LFC. Well, that's my prediction based on what I've seen, of course. If he proves me wrong then all the better.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #385: May 06, 2018 10:22:01 pm
      VVD is better than any of their defenders and  Robertson isbetter than Alonso , would also argue with your assessment of Mane.

I love Robertson (probably my favourite player at the moment) but Alonso is class, don't think Andy would be much of an improvement if at all better. VVD definitely starts for Chelsea though, easily
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #386: May 06, 2018 10:31:27 pm

Don't get me wrong Robertson,TAA and VVD are great for us as is Mane, just not sure with the players Chelsea have they would would be in a hurry to buy them...

I was trying to point out the gulf in quality between Us and Chelsea as far as Quality players go... The three player they bought on, Zappacosta,Willian, Pedro game changers all.... We bought on Moreno,Solanke,Henderson. hardly game changers are they...

Still It was what I expected... Not what I wanted mind you, but what i expected
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #387: May 06, 2018 10:36:55 pm
      I love Robertson (probably my favourite player at the moment) but Alonso is class, don't think Andy would be much of an improvement if at all better. VVD definitely starts for Chelsea though, easily
      Totally agree with most of what you have said except VVD.... Great player, great organizer, but lacks a little pace so not sure he would enhance what  Chelsea has
      « Last Edit: May 07, 2018 10:17:19 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #388: May 06, 2018 10:47:46 pm
      Totally agree with most of what you have said except VVD.... Great player, great organizer, but lacks a little pass so not sure he would enhance what  Chelsea has

Which CB of Chelsea is better at passing than VVD?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #389: May 06, 2018 10:51:51 pm

I think as a full-back Alonso is very, very ordinary......he does however have a magnificent left boot.
      With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,277 posts | 183 
      Reply #390: May 06, 2018 10:57:43 pm
      The absence of Oxlade-Chamberlain and by extension Can are really being felt.

You forgot Lallana.

Agree with all of your post, the Lallana of last season would have been a tremendous asset to this.

Quick Reply