Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Brighton (13/05/18 - 3pm)

Read 16821 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Brighton (13/05/18 - 3pm)
      Reply #23: May 09, 2018 12:18:02 am
      Man city v Brighton tomorrow., I don't reckon Brighton will rotate for the weekends game.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: May 09, 2018 12:33:31 am
      Taken..what..2 pts from the last 9...not top 4 is it. Now we have to get something from the Brighton game or we could lose out on the top 4.

When we looked certainties to this has only been tolerated because of our Champions League endeavours. Much more grief would've been expressed, much more criticism would've come klopp's way.

But we don't question Klopp. Crunch game. Get the result.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25: May 09, 2018 12:42:35 am
      Team had a recovery session Monday and given Tuesday off.

Hopefully the rest puts some life back into legs and our quality can shine through.

Brighton play tonight (Wed 9th) @ City before playing us at the weekend.

Surely we can get three points off them. Surely ?

Week off at long last. We will win this.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #26: May 09, 2018 12:50:05 am
      We’ll get the job done but no way we get an early goal and coast home 3 or 4-0. That’s just not our way!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: May 09, 2018 12:51:15 am

If we can't (and together with results in the last four league matches), nobody else to blame.

I do think we will rise to the occasion.
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2018 01:48:13 am by Robby The Z »
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: May 09, 2018 01:41:37 am

If we can't (and together with results in the last four league matches), nobody to blame.

I do think we will rise to the occasion.

YesYesYes

Just win, come on guys, we go again then to the CL Final

:kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #29: May 09, 2018 04:05:09 am
      Boys win this and relief pressure in the ucl final game, we can do it !
      COYR :scarf:
      Kopite78
      Reply #30: May 09, 2018 06:56:14 am
      Taken..what..2 pts from the last 9...not top 4 is it. Now we have to get something from the Brighton game or we could lose out on the top 4.

When we looked certainties to this has only been tolerated because of our Champions League endeavours. Much more grief would've been expressed, much more criticism would've come klopp's way.

Had we not had the champions league with all the injuries we are currently dealing with then I doubt we would have taken 2 points from the last 9
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #31: May 09, 2018 07:02:13 am
      Have no doubt that Klopp will put out our best side (not that the personnel can be debated-has a team ever picked itself so clearly as this one?). Hopefully Brighton will get the runaround from City tonight and will be a few steps off the pace. Just need to keep an eye on Izquido (however you spell it) because he is quality. Hopefully the pace, movement and tempo will return to our game after a weeks break from fixtures
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #32: May 09, 2018 07:50:33 am

Wouldn’t have happened without the Champions League and a brutal injury crisis though would it?

To turn it in it’s head - one might actually say what a great position he’d got us into to cope with the strain of the above and still have it in our own hands........AND a European Cup final on the horizon.

If there’s anyone out there who’d NOT have bitten their own arm off to get this at the start of the season then I despair........

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #33: May 09, 2018 09:34:37 am
      Chelsea V Huddersfield former manager Bill Shankly
      Newcastle V Chelsea manager former Liverpool boss Rafa
      Spurs V Newcastle ditto
      Surely one of these connections is going to favour us its in the Stars.
      Or maybe not.

Isn't Jurgens mate manager of Huddersfield surely he will go all out to beat Chelsea.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: May 09, 2018 09:53:55 am
      Isn't Jurgens mate manager of Huddersfield surely he will go all out to beat Chelsea.

I imagine the prospect of securing Prem football for next year will be an even greater incentive :-)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #35: May 09, 2018 10:01:42 am
      Wouldn’t have happened without the Champions League and a brutal injury crisis though would it?

To turn it in it’s head - one might actually say what a great position he’d got us into to cope with the strain of the above and still have it in our own hands........AND a European Cup final on the horizon.

If there’s anyone out there who’d NOT have bitten their own arm off to get this at the start of the season then I despair........

Spot on sir. The word perspective comes to mind...
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #36: May 09, 2018 10:03:56 am
      Huddersfield will definitely look for a draw, cos if they get beaten tonight and a defeat against Arsenal on the final day might ruin their GD compared to Swansea, who with a win vs Stoke will move above them to 17th.

So, Wagner! You better snatch a draw again tonight
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: May 09, 2018 10:05:24 am
      Huddersfield will definitely look for a draw, cos if they get beaten tonight and a defeat against Arsenal on the final day might ruin their GD compared to Swansea, who with a win vs Stoke will move above them to 17th.

So, Wagner! You better snatch a draw again tonight

If they could get a draw against a rampant Citeh away then there is no reason why they can't get a draw tonight, I'd love them to win but they don't really ever score do they hence their sh*t goal difference.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #38: May 09, 2018 10:40:26 am
      I can’t see Huddersfield getting anything tonight.
      They were run ragged at the weekend by City so I doubt they can do it again 3 days later.

We are going to have to beat Brighton.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #39: May 09, 2018 11:44:53 am
      We were 10 points ahead of Chelsea at the start of April.  They can go level on points with us tonight.

6 points from 5 games is only marginally better than relegation form and sadly that's where we are at form-wise.

Our injury record this season has actually been relatively good but we're now in a situation where there is effectively no competition for places for a Champions League final.   The players have been coasting in the league and getting away with it for over a month now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #40: May 09, 2018 11:56:52 am

Indeed.

If a few weeks back I had a choice between guaranteed finishing 2nd but our of the CL or 1 win needed in the last game to get top four along with a CL final, I know what I'd have went for.

Like you say if we didn't have the CL games to play in I'd fancy us to have had a top four finish guaranteed a few games back.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41: May 09, 2018 12:02:37 pm
      I can’t see Huddersfield getting anything tonight.
      They were run ragged at the weekend by City so I doubt they can do it again 3 days later.

We are going to have to beat Brighton.

Chavs have been inconsistent though, they got smashed by Bournemouth remember. Also Huddersfield have had some good results against City and the Mancs this season so I wouldn’t write them off completely. Chelsea have very little attacking threat, especially if they play Morata and given that Huddersfield only need a point for survival, I can see them having everyone behind the ball, creating next to no space, wasting time from the off and looking to constantly take any momentum out the game the Chavs might be building. Wagner is no fool, he knows what’s at stake and what he needs his team to do tonight.
      Quietly optimistic for them actually...hopefully.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42: May 09, 2018 03:17:04 pm
      Chavs have been inconsistent though, they got smashed by Bournemouth remember. Also Huddersfield have had some good results against City and the Mancs this season so I wouldn’t write them off completely. Chelsea have very little attacking threat, especially if they play Morata and given that Huddersfield only need a point for survival, I can see them having everyone behind the ball, creating next to no space, wasting time from the off and looking to constantly take any momentum out the game the Chavs might be building. Wagner is no fool, he knows what’s at stake and what he needs his team to do tonight.
      Quietly optimistic for them actually...hopefully.

I agree with you, Chelsea are really not that good, despite recent results, which is what made the loss to them at the weekend so bloody annoying, a fully fit and motivated Liverpool team would have ripped them a new one. Even if they do manage yet another 1-0 win tonight I think the Geordies in the final home game of the season might have a bit of a point to prove, that will not be an easy game by any stretch of the imagination and I'd much rather have Brighton at home than Newcastle away.

In any case I really think we will win on Sunday, probably quite comfortably as well because surely the Brighton lads will already mentally be on their holidays safe in the knowledge that they get Prem league football next season. Even if the Brightonlads are pumped for this game then we have had a week off plus we know that we have to win, no more F***ing about, I'm confident Jürgen has got that message across to them.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #43: May 09, 2018 04:07:45 pm
      It really should not have come to this, and am frustrated that even with a win against Brighton we will fail to improve upon last season's point total. Not that it means a whole lot, but i just wanted to have that visual sign of improvement in the league. However, a CL trophy and 75 points are more than enough to make me happy with the season  :)

The recent injuries really screwed us and we were clearly running on fumes. The week off should do wonders for us against Brighton, who secured their place in the PL with their win against United so hopefully they're in summer mode.

Have to give Chelsea credit. They were in a tough spot looking like they were done after losing to Spurs and only a tie vs. West Ham, but they have won their last 5 and put the pressure on us.

Oh, and if i can make a wish, is for us to finish 3rd, Chelsea 4th and those diving, cheating fucks at Spurs 5th.
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2018 04:12:23 pm by CT_LFC »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44: May 09, 2018 04:13:10 pm
      Game has come at the right time for us considering what's at stake, we should be going in with a high intensity attitude which would put us in the right competitive mindset for the CL final..

Too many folks worrying..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #45: May 09, 2018 06:21:51 pm
      I'm worrying

Quick Reply