Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Relegated clubs - who would you pinch??

Read 29985 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Relegated clubs - who would you pinch??
      Reply #23: May 09, 2018 10:14:21 pm
      I'd have Shaqiri.  I remember we were linked with him when he came over.

Someone genuinely different to what we have IMO.

Obviously it's price sensitive and I'd imagine Stoke have enough Premier League TV money banked to not be forced into a firesale?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #24: May 09, 2018 10:39:03 pm
      I'd have Shaqiri.  I remember we were linked with him when he came over.

Someone genuinely different to what we have IMO.

Obviously it's price sensitive and I'd imagine Stoke have enough Premier League TV money banked to not be forced into a firesale?

Hard to see him keeping up with a Klopp side...fat and slow; shows flair but disappears.

Would hope we could do a whole lot better level of player.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #25: May 09, 2018 11:13:52 pm
      Quite like Rodriguez and Rondon but if we get CL football for the second year in a row we should be aiming higher in all honesty.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #26: May 10, 2018 07:46:48 am
      With Keita already coming, once Fekir becomes official that will be almost 120M paid for the 2 of them with more transfer to come. Wonder what excuse people will use then

Maybe the £143m they got for Phil?

Plus tbc.......
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #27: May 10, 2018 10:27:55 am
      Personally, considering we've been thin on the ground in the midfield area I'd get the "Welsh Xavi" back. Would be a good squad player.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #28: May 10, 2018 10:56:34 am
      Personally, considering we've been thin on the ground in the midfield area I'd get the "Welsh Xavi" back. Would be a good squad player.

I always liked Joe Allen I think, particuarly this season he'd have got plenty football if he'd stayed around. To be fair I think it was him that wanted to go and play rather than Klopp shoving him out the door
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #29: May 10, 2018 04:27:43 pm
      Maybe the £143m they got for Phil?

Plus tbc.......

No, no, no. the 143M for Phil is already used to net out this season's spend. We need new excuses  :)
      Kopite78
      Reply #30: May 10, 2018 04:35:15 pm
      No, no, no. the 143M for Phil is already used to net out this season's spend. We need new excuses  :)

There is a body of evidence to show we spend no more than 30m net per year
      The owners laid out their plan from day one

It's stupid to deny it

And I don't dislike the owners for the record

I don't look for hyperbole to one extreme or the other but the figures are there since their ownership began 🤷‍♂️

We spend what we generate nothing more..
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #31: May 10, 2018 04:35:53 pm

We are way past looking at the Allen's of the world. We need quality that is close to the starters we already have, to provide competition and maintain quality levels when rotating.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #32: May 10, 2018 04:41:58 pm
      There is a body of evidence to show we spend no more than 30m net per year
      The owners laid out their plan from day one

It's stupid to deny it

And I don't dislike the owners for the record

I don't look for hyperbole to one extreme or the other but the figures are there since their ownership began 🤷‍♂️

We spend what we generate nothing more..

I see, so the sale of Coutinho was pushed onto Klopp to zero out our net spend and with Keita costing 50M, Fekir a rumored 60M, and with more quality transfers to come in, surely this summer we will see the departure of one of Firmino, Salah or Mane, possibly 2, to be able to balance this magical 30M budget  :lmao:
      Kopite78
      Reply #33: May 10, 2018 04:44:31 pm
      I see, so the sale of Coutinho was pushed onto Klopp to zero out our net spend and with Keita costing 50M, Fekir a rumored 60M, and with more quality transfers to come in, surely this summer we will see the departure of one of Firmino, Salah or Mane, possibly 2, to be able to balance this magical 30M budget  :lmao:

Where the F**k did I say that you bell end?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #34: May 10, 2018 04:53:21 pm
      Where the f**k did I say that you bell end?

We spend only what we generate and nothing more, right? So having spent over 150M on VVD, Salah, Ox, etc, surely meant Henry and Co had to force a Coutinho sale to be able to offset that spend, because we cannot purchase beyond what we generate.

Kopite78
      Reply #35: May 10, 2018 04:57:48 pm
      We spend only what we generate and nothing more, right? So having spent over 150M on VVD, Salah, Ox, etc, surely meant Henry and Co had to force a Coutinho sale to be able to offset that spend, because we cannot purchase beyond what we generate.

If that's what you read into what I said then you are illiterate too
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #36: May 10, 2018 05:04:42 pm

Just go back and look at our net spend since FSG have been in charge and that £30M a year won’t be far off.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #37: May 10, 2018 05:06:12 pm
      The real conundrum will be this summer. Who will we sell to be able to hit no more than 30m net? Phil's money already went to pay for last year's transfers, and Keita is not cheap, neither would be Fekir and the other midfielder, either Can's replacement or Gini's replacement if he's moved to the #6 spot, won't be cheap either. That is without a VVD-quality CB or 60M for Allison. It'll be sad to see our world-class from 3 broken up, but the budget needs to balance not to exceed 30M as the owners laid the plan out from day 1 :(

JFC, to think that we have a definite budget we need to stick to is absurd, even more so to think we can only spend what we generate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Kopite78
      Reply #39: May 10, 2018 05:12:00 pm
      Just go back and look at our net spend since FSG have been in charge and that £30M a year won’t be far off.

It's not even that much (but by circumstance more than design I'd guess)

Spent 644m
      Revieved 550m

94m spent since 2011 works out at under 12m net per year (including 2018 January and not summer)

Figures from the echo

Jürgen has signed 11 players since 2015 to think he will either have the budget or inclination to sign 6-8 players this summer is fanciful
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #40: May 10, 2018 05:14:53 pm

You can’t have it both ways dude. £70m on VVD leaves £70m+ minimum in the coffers.........I’ll give you £50m for Naby IF you insist that’s next season but that only partially offsets......

Either way trying to mitigate the ludicrously low net spend is a bit like climate change denial........

That’s not even a good effort ;)
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #41: May 10, 2018 05:26:35 pm
      It's not even that much (but by circumstance more than design I'd guess)

Spent 644m
      Revieved 550m

94m spent since 2011 works out at under 12m net per year (including 2018 January and not summer)

Figures from the echo

Jürgen has signed 11 players since 2015 to think he will either have the budget or inclination to sign 6-8 players this summer is fanciful

and almost half of that came from 3 players (Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho) who threw fits to leave the team, but in tinfoil hat world the sales were really made to balance the budget, right?

and we don't need 6-8 players, unless you're talking kids with potential for the U23. We need 2-3, maybe 4, but of high quality and they won't be cheap, so using your logic the owners will surely be pushing for the breakup of our front 3 to be able to afford that. tinfoil hat and all.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #42: May 10, 2018 05:30:37 pm
      You can’t have it both ways dude. £70m on VVD leaves £70m+ minimum in the coffers.........I’ll give you £50m for Naby IF you insist that’s next season but that only partially offsets......

Either way trying to mitigate the ludicrously low net spend is a bit like climate change denial........

That’s not even a good effort ;)

Not sure i follow. YOu are looking at calendar spend and i am looking at it from a '17-'18 season spend. This season we have spent on Salah, Ox, Robertson and VVD and that was offset by Phil's sale. Keita is part of 2018-2019 season spend, at least as transfermarket has it

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-liverpool/transfers/verein/31

So i'll also say you can't have it both ways. If Phil's money goes towards this summer's spend, then that means last summer and january windows we spent 168M (oh no, the budget!), or if you count Phil towards this season's spend, then this summer and next Jan window we'll need to sell big-name players to raise enough funds to buy, under the tinfoil logic.
      Kopite78
      Reply #43: May 10, 2018 05:38:07 pm
      and almost half of that came from 3 players (Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho) who threw fits to leave the team, but in tinfoil hat world the sales were really made to balance the budget, right?

and we don't need 6-8 players, unless you're talking kids with potential for the U23. We need 2-3, maybe 4, but of high quality and they won't be cheap, so using your logic the owners will surely be pushing for the breakup of our front 3 to be able to afford that. tinfoil hat and all.

You'd not still prefer to have those 3 players?

You don't read so well do you?

I said swayed due to circumstances

I personally don't think that we spend all that without recouping all of that.
      Know why? Because the owners said so

Did I say or do I think the owners forced the Coutinho sale? No I don't but I don't think Jürgen would be looking to replace him had he not left
      I believe that coutinho forced it and the owners said it's yours to replace.. why? Because it fits with what the f**king owners said

I don't believe they are asset stripping or pocketing money or holding up other businesses off of us but I belief we spend what we generate.. why? Because the f**king owners said so

You know why I believe it? Because there is a body of evidence that backs it up.. Not one or two years but the figures back it up from the day they walked through the door.

Unbelievable

I believe what I can see, not what I choose to hang onto

I bet you believe santa  don't You? Cause someone told you
      (can just imagine you now shaking your head with a wry simple... this lad doesn't even believe in the big man who brings me presents that me ma told me about

I believe in evidence that is there to see

So no I don't believe have had the ability to spend 200m a year but chose not to.. the figures are there over a long period to prove otherwise

I don't belief in santa  or a man with a beard sitting in the clouds
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #44: May 10, 2018 05:38:20 pm
      Good player called Fookin Noone is the best from the relegated clubs.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #45: May 10, 2018 05:39:26 pm
      Not sure i follow. YOu are looking at calendar spend and i am looking at it from a '17-'18 season spend. This season we have spent on Salah, Ox, Robertson and VVD and that was offset by Phil's sale. Keita is part of 2018-2019 season spend, at least as transfermarket has it

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-liverpool/transfers/verein/31

So i'll also say you can't have it both ways. If Phil's money goes towards this summer's spend, then that means last summer and january windows we spent 168M (oh no, the budget!), or if you count Phil towards this season's spend, then this summer and next Jan window we'll need to sell big-name players to raise enough funds to buy, under the tinfoil logic.

You would be wrong though. That’s just a lot of words that all the plants before you have used and it says nothing to contradict the facts........

FSG net spend is not good enough to create and maintain the squad depth required.

The job Klopp is doing is unbelievable with the funds available. His refusal to compromise on quality is what is rewarding us right now.

Quick Reply