Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Relegated clubs - who would you pinch??

Read 29979 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Relegated clubs - who would you pinch??
      Reply #46: May 10, 2018 06:08:40 pm
      You would be wrong though. That’s just a lot of words that all the plants before you have used and it says nothing to contradict the facts........

FSG net spend is not good enough to create and maintain the squad depth required.

The job Klopp is doing is unbelievable with the funds available. His refusal to compromise on quality is what is rewarding us right now.

They are not words, they are facts. The tinfoil runs deeper on here than i thought.

If Phil had not become a snake, he'd still be here, regardless of whatever imaginary budget you folks think we have. Getting Keita, plus Fekir, plus whatever other transfers we bring in this summer, will cost well in excess of 100M and without breaking up our front 3 we'll have a massive net spend this summer. Look forward to the excuses then. But you need to be creative and get new ones because Coutinho is already used up.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #47: May 10, 2018 06:33:55 pm
      They are not words, they are facts. The tinfoil runs deeper on here than i thought.

If Phil had not become a snake, he'd still be here, regardless of whatever imaginary budget you folks think we have. Getting Keita, plus Fekir, plus whatever other transfers we bring in this summer, will cost well in excess of 100M and without breaking up our front 3 we'll have a massive net spend this summer. Look forward to the excuses then. But you need to be creative and get new ones because Coutinho is already used up.

He was used up when he left fella.........that’s the way love goes.......
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #48: May 10, 2018 11:28:39 pm
      Good player called Fookin Noone is the best from the relegated clubs.

Fookin Noone...Fekir...

If these deals happen, I think we need to consider putting nicknames on the back of next season's shirts.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #49: May 11, 2018 01:55:40 pm
      So....a new FSG champion has emerged. Interesting.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #50: May 11, 2018 03:35:25 pm
      ;D, the amount of tin foil is amusing. As i said, i look forward to the excuses this summer, but keep them fresh, please.
      Kopite78
      Reply #51: May 11, 2018 03:48:42 pm
      What's tin foil about facts and praise where praise is due?

Can't be arsed with continuing the money argument with a simpleton.. it's all there in black and white.. what we've spent..what we've sold.. the overall.. the net..

If you can read you can see it, no one is making figures up here

I don't dislike them whatsoever.. they've done some good stuff and some poor stuff

They've kept me at Anfield where my grandad went, where he took me and now where I take my son's..
      They've brought in the best manager we could hope for who is doing an amazing job and I'm happier than I've been in over a decade football wise

All good.. but the figures are there in black and white..  no tin foil.. you're just making yourself looking F***ing stupid by suggesting something other than what's there for all to see

👌
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #52: May 11, 2018 04:13:28 pm
      Rather check out Burnley. They can be the new Southampton.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #53: May 11, 2018 04:27:10 pm
      Rather check out Burnley. They can be the new Southampton.

Think they will become the new West Brom and Stoke the way the try to bore the game to death.
      Worked for them this season but chances are it won’t next time.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #54: May 11, 2018 05:06:31 pm
      What's tin foil about facts and praise where praise is due?

Can't be arsed with continuing the money argument with a simpleton.. it's all there in black and white.. what we've spent..what we've sold.. the overall.. the net..

If you can read you can see it, no one is making figures up here

I don't dislike them whatsoever.. they've done some good stuff and some poor stuff

They've kept me at Anfield where my grandad went, where he took me and now where I take my son's..
      They've brought in the best manager we could hope for who is doing an amazing job and I'm happier than I've been in over a decade football wise

All good.. but the figures are there in black and white..  no tin foil.. you're just making yourself looking f**king stupid by suggesting something other than what's there for all to see

👌

Here are a couple of things about the tin foil community that i find amusing when it comes to net spend:

1. You look at net spend to satisfy your confirmation bias and never looking at the context of why key players were sold that are driving the transfer money coming in. Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho all forced their way out and their sales were to get rid of a problem but with your tunnel vision you only see these sales being done to fund purchases. There is no other possible explanation.

Countinho is a great example of this shitty view. Phil was given a shiny new contract but a few months before he started his ploy to leave the team by putting in his TR the day before the opening game of the season, being "injured" and not playing but miraculously recovering on the flight to Brazil to play for the national team, only for the same flight back to injure him again. At that same time he was doing this and we had spent on Salah, Ox, Robertson, tried like hell to get Keita and would have gotten VVD if not for some weird F**k up by someone, we were saying "Phil is not for sale" and he was told to stay. Eventually when Klopp had had enough Phil was sold but your cynical, short-sighted view is that we made the purchases we did because we knew we were going to sell.

2. It undermines the excellent job the scouts and operations team does for this team in both buying and selling players, where one year they can sucker teams into paying 30M for Benteke and 15M for Ibe, who have 5 goals between them this season, and the following year turn around and get Salah for basically the same money. Or get 15M for Allen and unearth Andy Robertson for 9M. While i look at these examples and think "holy sh*t, we did a great job getting that much for those players who are busts and brought in a 40gl scorer and our potential LB for the next 8yrs for a bargain", all tin foilers see and think is "ah ha! we got 60M and spent 50M and that is unacceptable from our owners". That is a really shitty attitude to have towards the team.

Tin foilers are unable to see intent and are fixated on what the net spend ends up being without regard for context, so i know the excuses will continue this summer when we go after quality players, but i just hope they are fresh and innovative. Phil's sale has already been sliced too many ways so it is worn out.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #55: May 11, 2018 05:11:36 pm
      Here are a couple of things about the tin foil community that i find amusing when it comes to net spend:

1. You look at net spend to satisfy your confirmation bias and never looking at the context of why key players were sold that are driving the transfer money coming in. Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho all forced their way out and their sales were to get rid of a problem but with your tunnel vision you only see these sales being done to fund purchases. There is no other possible explanation.

Countinho is a great example of this shitty view. Phil was given a shiny new contract but a few months before he started his ploy to leave the team by putting in his TR the day before the opening game of the season, being "injured" and not playing but miraculously recovering on the flight to Brazil to play for the national team, only for the same flight back to injure him again. At that same time he was doing this and we had spent on Salah, Ox, Robertson, tried like hell to get Keita and would have gotten VVD if not for some weird f**k up by someone, we were saying "Phil is not for sale" and he was told to stay. Eventually when Klopp had had enough Phil was sold but your cynical, short-sighted view is that we made the purchases we did because we knew we were going to sell.

2. It undermines the excellent job the scouts and operations team does for this team in both buying and selling players, where one year they can sucker teams into paying 30M for Benteke and 15M for Ibe, who have 5 goals between them this season, and the following year turn around and get Salah for basically the same money. Or get 15M for Allen and unearth Andy Robertson for 9M. While i look at these examples and think "holy sh*t, we did a great job getting that much for those players who are busts and brought in a 40gl scorer and our potential LB for the next 8yrs for a bargain", all tin foilers see and think is "ah ha! we got 60M and spent 50M and that is unacceptable from our owners". That is a really shitty attitude to have towards the team.

Tin foilers are unable to see intent and are fixated on what the net spend ends up being without regard for context, so i know the excuses will continue this summer when we go after quality players, but i just hope they are fresh and innovative. Phil's sale has already been sliced too many ways so it is worn out.

Here’s a tip.

If you used less rhetoric you really wouldn’t need to number your deep, considered argument all the way to................2

Just sayin’ ;)

Oh and are you sure you have the tin foil label right way round......because you’ve got my fillings going crazy!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #56: May 12, 2018 07:54:12 pm
      Forget about Shaqiri, he is a prima donna and will kick up a fuss if he doesn't start games, and is too much of a luxury player to have around.

In my opinion the best transfers (to improve our bench) we could make from the relegated teams are:

WBA - Salomon Rondon (good target-man who could offer us a plan B against bus parkers)

Swansea - Fabianski (very good backup if Mignolet leaves and we don't sign a top keeper), Mawson (decent backup for Matip and VVD), i was going to say Andre Ayew but he is in the same bracket as Shaqiri

Stoke - Butland (again a very good keeper who could challenge Karius), Ramadan Sobhi (young, a decent backup for the wing role), Josh Tymon (a good prospect who could develop further).
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #57: May 13, 2018 03:05:29 pm
      No. No one of interest.

See Crouchie is lining up as centre forward for Stoke today .

He left us 10 years ago.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #58: May 15, 2018 09:12:16 am
      If a gun was put to my head and I had to take one from each it would be:

Swansea - Mawson
      Stoke - Shaqiri
      WBA - Evans (I know he is a former Manc but he is solid)
      Kopite78
      Reply #59: May 15, 2018 09:19:57 am

If  gun was put to my head and I had to choose one from each

I'd let them pull the trigger

😩
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #60: May 15, 2018 10:09:16 am

Swansea - Mawson
      Stoke - Shaqiri
      WBA - Evans (I know he is a former Manc but he is solid)

If  gun was put to my head and I had to choose one from each

I'd let them pull the trigger

😩

I’d point it at them.......
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #61: May 16, 2018 12:08:00 am
      How about signing players that probably kept a club up.

West Ham:

Lanzini or Arnaoutovic.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #62: May 16, 2018 12:16:14 am
      How about signing players that probably kept a club up.

West Ham:

Lanzini or Arnaoutovic.

Good shout. Arnautovic is an interesting one - when we played West Ham a couple of months back he was definitely the in form player (and probably one of the most in form players in the league). We did really well in stopping him from doing any damage although there were a couple of moments where on another day he would have got something. Really strong and powerful as well and would be an excellent player for us in many ways. But his attitude however is something I don't know about. I know he goaded Mark Hughes on the touchline a few weeks back and I'm not sure if Klopp would like that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #63: May 16, 2018 12:28:30 am
      Good shout. Arnautovic is an interesting one - when we played West Ham a couple of months back he was definitely the in form player (and probably one of the most in form players in the league). We did really well in stopping him from doing any damage although there were a couple of moments where on another day he would have got something. Really strong and powerful as well and would be an excellent player for us in many ways. But his attitude however is something I don't know about. I know he goaded Mark Hughes on the touchline a few weeks back and I'm not sure if Klopp would like that.

We need a snide.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #64: May 21, 2018 09:10:20 am

Certainly quick (enough) and physical.

Good finisher......Bobby understudy?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #65: May 21, 2018 10:23:49 am
      Not Arnautovic. Comes across as an arsehole - thick, egotistical, potential trouble maker. Don't think Klopp would go near him.

Lanzini I like, but I'm not sure if he's the type of player we need. Ox was our Coutinho replacement, and Lallana is is our other option for the creative mid role. If there are question marks about Lallana's fitness, then maybe Lanzini might come into the reckoning ( although if the rumours about Fekir are right, we may be already addressing that.)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #66: May 21, 2018 11:38:42 am
      Not Arnautovic. Comes across as an arsehole - thick, egotistical, potential trouble maker. Don't think Klopp would go near him.

I agree
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #67: May 21, 2018 12:09:37 pm

Lanzini I like, but I'm not sure if he's the type of player we need. Ox was our Coutinho replacement, and Lallana is is our other option for the creative mid role. If there are question marks about Lallana's fitness, then maybe Lanzini might come into the reckoning ( although if the rumours about Fekir are right, we may be already addressing that.)

Just spitballing........BUT funny though I do remember Jürgen specifically talking about Arnautovic’s quality before / after a game this season or last.

Was very complimentary.......
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #68: May 21, 2018 12:15:07 pm

Remember when he left werder bremen bild thanked arnautovic for all the stories he managed to create for them and at inter milan he knicked samuel eto'o's cat

Quick Reply