Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Relegated clubs - who would you pinch??

Read 29986 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Relegated clubs - who would you pinch??
      Reply #92: May 30, 2018 10:54:10 pm
      True, but I’m getting at is that buying the best players from rivals (english or euopean) weakens them and strengthens us. And now we have the money and the stature to pull from anywhere.

Disagree slightly as I don't think we'd be buying the absolute star players from the likes of Real, Barca, both set of Manc clubs, Chelsea, PSG.

In terms of our targets so far, Fabinho is making a step up as would Fekir if we got him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #93: May 31, 2018 12:11:25 am
      Disagree slightly as I don't think we'd be buying the absolute star players from the likes of Real, Barca, both set of Manc clubs, Chelsea, PSG.

In terms of our targets so far, Fabinho is making a step up as would Fekir if we got him.

Is like to see us try to nick a big name player though from another team. I suppose with all of the Bale rumors he’d do.

Wonder if there was any truth to the rumor that Bale spent more time in our locker room than his own after the game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #94: May 31, 2018 01:19:17 am
      Is like to see us try to nick a big name player though from another team. I suppose with all of the Bale rumors he’d do.

Wonder if there was any truth to the rumor that Bale spent more time in our locker room than his own after the game.

Sounds like it is, probably still mates with Lallana.

Would love the rumour about Courtois to be true, but I don't it'll happen.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #95: Jun 06, 2018 12:19:00 pm
      Shaqiri for only £12 million.

Yes please.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #96: Jun 06, 2018 12:24:23 pm

Yes please.

Don't get the hype with him to be honest
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #97: Jun 06, 2018 12:27:05 pm
      Don't get the hype with him to be honest

Would be a handy squad player. I think with his pace he would excel in our system.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #98: Jun 06, 2018 01:10:30 pm
      Would be a handy squad player. I think with his pace he would excel in our system.

Not convinced to be honest, agreed we need someone who can play out wide etc as back up but for me he didn't stand out in a poor stoke team
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #99: Jun 06, 2018 01:35:50 pm

Yes please.

When you consider that Moses guy that has been linked to us is £10 million then Shaqiri would be a steal for £12 million. Premier league experience, has pace and can play left,right or behind the striker. I think Klopp could get a tune out of him, if he's willing to sit on the bench and wait for a chance that is.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #100: Jun 06, 2018 02:50:54 pm
      Not convinced to be honest, agreed we need someone who can play out wide etc as back up but for me he didn't stand out in a poor stoke team

Really?

I thought he was head and shoulders above every Stoke player last season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #101: Jun 06, 2018 02:52:11 pm
      When you consider that Moses guy that has been linked to us is £10 million then Shaqiri would be a steal for £12 million. Premier league experience, has pace and can play left,right or behind the striker. I think Klopp could get a tune out of him, if he's willing to sit on the bench and wait for a chance that is.

Agreed mate I think Klopp would get the best out of him he still has more potential to unlock.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #102: Jun 06, 2018 03:32:07 pm
      Really?

I thought he was head and shoulders above every Stoke player last season.

Not convinced about that but wouldn't be saying much to be fair, not sure if playing second fiddle would suit him, just my opinion but think we need better
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #103: Jun 06, 2018 04:24:00 pm
      Shaqiri? No thanks. We need better and cannot see him as a fit here. Shakira? yes, please.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #104: Jun 06, 2018 04:32:11 pm

Yes please.

Doesn’t have the right attitude to cut it at a top club with expectations IMO. There’s a reason he didn’t cut it at Bayern Munich or Inter Milan and ended up at Stoke.

He’s no where near the level of Salah or Mane and he wouldn’t be prepared to fight for his place.

Even at Stoke he’s hardly been anything special; very inconsistent, goes missing game after game and will only perform at a good level from time to time.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #105: Jun 06, 2018 04:41:36 pm
      Doesn’t have the right attitude to cut it at a top club with expectations IMO. There’s a reason he didn’t cut it at Bayern Munich or Inter Milan and ended up at Stoke.

He’s no where near the level of Salah or Mane and he wouldn’t be prepared to fight for his place.

Even at Stoke he’s hardly been anything special; very inconsistent, goes missing game after game and will only perform at a good level from time to time.

True his attitude is suspect didn't he publicly slate his fellow team mates recently?

There's no place for arrogance at this club.

But I do think with a better attitude he would be at a bigger club he has ability.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #108: Jun 06, 2018 06:00:15 pm
      He certainly carries a bit of cargo
      Must be all that Swiss chocolate.
      I understand those saying  we should be looking at better but personally speaking I think he would be a good addition & under klopp I'm sure there wouldn't be any attitude problems seeing as the gaffer doesn't strike me as being someone who takes sh*t from players
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #109: Jun 06, 2018 06:05:52 pm
      True his attitude is suspect didn't he publicly slate his fellow team mates recently?

There's no place for arrogance at this club.

But I do think with a better attitude he would be at a bigger club he has ability.

Yeah he slated the stoke team for not being at his level and said not even Ronaldinho could make them look better.
      Granted he’s probably right, but it’s something he didn’t need to say.

Think I’d rather that Simon Moses lad. Know nothing about him other than he’s rapid. But, he’s 22 so has a lot of time to develope and would be prepared to fight for his place. But then again, Shaqiri could turn out to be a relatively low cost gamble that could potentially pay off if he knuckles down. Ultimately they both would initially be signed as cover and cover is something we are really lacking.

Think I’d rather see us concentrate on our key targets first though....hopefully Oblak :laugh:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #110: Jun 06, 2018 06:11:55 pm
      He certainly carries a bit of cargo
      Must be all that Swiss chocolate.
      I understand those saying  we should be looking at better but personally speaking I think he would be a good addition & under klopp I'm sure there wouldn't be any attitude problems seeing as the gaffer doesn't strike me as being someone who takes sh*t from players

He is what is called a hungry player, story is klopp wants 2 attackers incuding fekir so we will see
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #111: Jun 14, 2018 06:21:36 am
      To be honest, none. Not for the amount the relegated clubs would expect to recuperate, and not for players who would be unlikely to thrive as merely squad players. I don't think Butland is the answer for us (I'd rather Pope, and unfortunately we let Everton claim Pickford). Shaqiri did surprisingly well for Stoke last year in the systems they played, however, he's not going to be content being just a dude we'd consider bringing on for the last 20 min of a game, for there's no way we'd start him in our system with his lack of pace and defensive input. He'd be better suited playing week in week out for a lesser team, perhaps as a replacement for Mahrez at Leicester if they'd rather an option in that position who can hold it up more rather than solely counter attack.

Mawson from Swansea would also be better suited to a mid-table team than ours. There are much better options available than him for the price other teams would be prepared to pay. And Rondon, Rodriguez, and Hegazi? As useful as they'd also be for lower premier league clubs, we'd be better off blooding our own youngsters than signing them.

So yeah, slim pickings. We'd be better off going after some of these departing Sporting Lisbon players if we can pull it off over the other vultures.

Quick Reply