Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 166346 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      May 13, 2018 01:04:14 pm
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nabil-fekir-perfect-signing-liverpool-14636517

A Mahrez look a like ...this lad has bags of talent currently captaining Lyon.
      Has allegedly had talks with us .

He's the kind of game changing talent that we lost in Coutinho.

They are different players, although they do both have great close control and are deadly with free kicks.

He's effective in a multitude of positions, which we know Klopp likes in his attackers, and both his finishing and crossing are at a very high standard.

He's been the captain of Lyon and is another strong character in the mould of Van Dijk & Keita.

He treads that line of confidence and arrogance as well, so I'm sure if he does arrive our rivals will love to hate him.

We're still a long way from finding out how the ideal Klopp midfield will look in 18/19, but the pursuit of Fekir indicates we're looking for more options to break down the massed defences we've seen often at Anfield this season.

We are in dire need of some leaders . Its been a while.

We miss Gerrard ,Carra, Lucas, Agger , Pepe  et al.

Bring back Tommy Smith . Red Power.  ;D
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2018 01:12:15 pm by MIRO »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1: May 13, 2018 07:54:51 pm
      I think we'll sign this guy.

Looks a Klopp player, oozes class, works hard, scores and creates.

Get him in before the WC.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2: May 13, 2018 11:54:53 pm
      I think we'll sign this guy.

Looks a Klopp player, oozes class, works hard, scores and creates.

Get him in before the WC.

I reckon it hinges on whether Lyon gets CL or not.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3: May 14, 2018 01:22:43 am
      Would be a great add. I think it happens because he's someone that'd make sense for us to pursue as he fits us really well with his quality and versatility
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4: May 14, 2018 04:10:09 am
      There was some rumor that this one would be contingent on us getting CL again. Well we have it, wonder if we see some movement now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5: May 14, 2018 11:23:34 am
      Lyon fans saying farewell?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #6: May 14, 2018 01:11:39 pm
      Lyon play Nice while Marseille play Amiens. If Marseille manage to beat Atletico in the Europa, they might take it easy for the weekend game. However, if Marseille win their final league game, Lyon HAVE to beat Nice.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #7: May 15, 2018 12:49:15 am
       Klopp will persue, Lyon will resist, Fekir goes on strike, and we sign him in time for 1919/20 season. done deal.   :couch:

Seriously hope we get him.
      danaxe
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon) + 2 signings that would take us to a new level
      Reply #8: May 15, 2018 10:00:11 pm
      Post have been moved to the topic - The Unofficial 2018-19 Liverpool Season Squad Discussion.
      « Last Edit: May 15, 2018 11:10:07 pm by danaxe »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #9: May 15, 2018 10:34:38 pm
      Hi my fellow lfc friends,

I'm not a native english speaker so please have understanding regarding typos and misspellings. I joined the forum a while ago hoping to get input on theories that might be spinning in Klopps head. However I did realise after reading the rules that I wasn't allowed to create topics just yet.

So I'll sort of hijack this topic since it's closely related to mine.

So for the past weeks I've spent a couple of hours a day reading a lot of different transfer romours sorrunding Liverpool. And a lot of the speculation ties back to squad depth which all of us probably agree on. However I do think that media and us (the fans) are making to big of a deal out of it.

If we managed to sign 3 class players this summer we would be set for quite some time ahead.

I've sketched on a starting 11 containing three new signings which in turn would give us the depth we need. Have a look at this link for a more visual appealing overview: http://www.futhead.com/18/squads/3316345/

The eleven:

Mane - Bobby - Mo
                  Fekir
           Hendo - Keita
      Robbo- VVD - De Ligt - Trent
                 Oblak

Bench: Ox, Milner, Origi, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Karius, Clyne
      Reserves: Mignolet, Matip, Ings, Can, Sturridge (Expecting most of them to be sold - the available spots we fill up with talanted academy youngsters)

Obviously I can't mention every lfc player above so I've left out the likes of Lallana, Solanke etc.

If Bobby gets injured/sick we can push up Fekir as ST and Ox as CAM.
      Ox, Origi and Fekir can fill for Mane and Salah as wingers.
      Milner can fill for Robbo.
      Clyne can fill for Trent.
      Lovren has been decent in the CB role last few months and can fill for vvd/de ligt.
      Ox, milner and wijnaldum can rotate with Hendo and Keita.
      Karius can fill for Oblak.

The focus isn't the particular names I've decided to run with here. If it's Fekir or Dybala doesn't matter, neither does if it's Oblak/Alisson or someone else. What I wanted to highlight is that we are just 3 signings away from a true title challenge in the league.

If you could pick 3 players to complement our squad this summer wich would you pick?

My pick:
      Fekir since he can play CAM, ST + winger and have a good eye for opening passes as well as a clinical finisher.
      De Ligt since he is a natural-born leader, a complete defender and a mature, reliable performer at the back. Not bad for someone who will only just turn 19 by the start of next season.
      Oblak since he has plenty of rutine and is a world class stopper. Karius will develop a lot chasing Oblak.

Over and out  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Sorry, you lost me when you didnā€™t even put Lallana on the bench.
      danaxe
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #10: May 15, 2018 10:51:58 pm
      Sorry, you lost me when you didnā€™t even put Lallana on the bench.

30 years of age working quite hard with injury rehab trying to get in form, with Keita and (hopefully Fekir) joining increasing competition in the midfield while we have younger players fighting for the same spots. I think Lallana will have a hard time readjusting, he'll need to earn that spot since both Milner and Wijnaldum has been doing quite well lately.

Also noticed now that I put Ox on the bench - obviously he shouldn't be there due to the injury update stating he'll be back november.

Out of curiosity - who would you swap Lallana for on the bench?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #11: May 15, 2018 10:56:58 pm
      Just a reminder this is a topic regarding the transfer links with Fekir.

Next seasons squad discussion can be found here - The Unofficial 2018-19 Liverpool Season Squad Discussion.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #12: May 16, 2018 01:36:54 am
      I actually watched a fair bit of this guy about 3 years ago -- I had a lot more time then as I didn't have so many kids.  We were being heavily linked with Lacazette, but my view was that Fekir was the real star in that Lyon side.  I haven't seen him play since, but he looked pure class back then.  Would seem like an ideal player to rotate with our current front 3. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: May 19, 2018 03:37:12 pm
      Echo article says Lyon getting impatient about what will happen with this player. Liverpool probably don't want to do/announce anything until after next Saturday (last year Klopp asked hypothetically something like "should I tell the players, 'Hey lads, before the big game I wanted you to know we've signed someone to take your jobs next year?'"

If we are after him (hope so), presume the deal will go something like the Keita deal where the signing announcement was the first we heard about it for a long time beforehand (hopefully not with the caveat that we have to wait a year for him to come in).
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14: May 19, 2018 06:47:45 pm
      https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/05/lyon-manager-hints-at-nabil-fekir-move-ahead-of-ligue-1-decider

Lyon manager Bruno Genesio has tipped Nabil Fekir to fire his side to Europe, but hinted he could play his last game for the club on Saturday. (Today 19/5/18 )

Lyon  v  Nice . ( 20.00 )

The Reds were rumoured to have agreed a Ā£62 million deal with the French club earlier this month, though reports seem to have been premature.

Regardless, interest in Fekir remains, and JĆ¼rgen Klopp is poised to add ā€œat least one high-quality attacking playerā€ to his squad this summer according to Goalā€˜s Neil Jones.

Fekir would fit the bill, complementing the established trio of Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino, with Klopp alluding at a change in system in the future in the 4-0 win over Brighton.

Lyon take on OGC Nice in their final game of the Ligue 1 campaign on Saturday night, with victory guaranteeing a place in next seasonā€™s Champions League.

And speaking ahead of his sideā€™s decisive clash, Genesio suggested Fekir could be set to turn out in Lyon colours for the last time.

ā€œWe have to put aside everything related to emotion. For some, this may be the last game,ā€ he said.

ā€œIt must give [those players] even more strength because you have to say: ā€˜[I will] leave by qualifying this team for the Champions Leagueā€™.

ā€œThere is also the World Cup. The very great players are able to ignore all this. I think Nabil will play a big match on Saturday.ā€

Fekir is Lyonā€™s top goalscorer this season, with 23 in 39 games, with the France international also laying on seven assists, serving as one of Genesioā€™s most influential players.

At 24, he still has great scope to develop further, and doing so in Kloppā€™s squad would be hugely beneficial, taking up an advanced midfield role behind Firmino.

Having been at Lyon his entire senior career, signing off by firing them to Europeā€™s elite wearing the captainā€™s armband would be a fitting finale.

Methinks we are waiting on Can to Juve to be confirmed ?
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2018 06:54:29 pm by MIRO »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #15: May 19, 2018 09:02:45 pm
      Lots of speculation that Fekir is playing his last game for Lyon today with Canal+ stating during the game the deal with us is 99% done.

Really hope this is true.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16: May 19, 2018 09:48:42 pm
      Just caught the last 30 mins of Lyon, and he went off injured with Lyon securing CL football. I can't see Fekir leaving tbh.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #17: May 19, 2018 10:37:44 pm
      Just caught the last 30 mins of Lyon, and he went off injured with Lyon securing CL football. I can't see Fekir leaving tbh.

If we offer Ā£62 million I think Lyon will accept.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #18: May 20, 2018 07:57:39 am
      This will be my wet dream come true, this guy has everything. reminds me alot of the great rivaldo.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #19: May 20, 2018 10:32:20 am
      Lyon beat Nice 3-2 getting CL .
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #20: May 20, 2018 08:05:26 pm
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nabil-fekir-perfect-signing-liverpool-14636517

A Mahrez look a like ...this lad has bags of talent currently captaining Lyon.
      Has allegedly had talks with us .

He's the kind of game changing talent that we lost in Coutinho.

They are different players, although they do both have great close control and are deadly with free kicks.

He's effective in a multitude of positions, which we know Klopp likes in his attackers, and both his finishing and crossing are at a very high standard.

He's been the captain of Lyon and is another strong character in the mould of Van Dijk & Keita.

He treads that line of confidence and arrogance as well, so I'm sure if he does arrive our rivals will love to hate him.

We're still a long way from finding out how the ideal Klopp midfield will look in 18/19, but the pursuit of Fekir indicates we're looking for more options to break down the massed defences we've seen often at Anfield this season.

We are in dire need of some leaders . Its been a while.

We miss Gerrard ,Carra, Lucas, Agger , Pepe  et al.

Bring back Tommy Smith . Red Power.  ;D

Henderson, Milner, Van Dijk, Lovren not enough for you then?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #21: May 20, 2018 08:55:49 pm
      Henderson, Milner, Van Dijk, Lovren not enough for you then?

Van Dijk and Milner yes. The other 2, no. Iā€™ve said before Hendo lacks the leadership we need, he will be a better player without that responsibility IMO. Lovren showed vs Spurs in particular he hasnā€™t got the mentality to be a leader, as much as heā€™s improved, once his head has gone he looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

But thatā€™s for another day.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22: May 20, 2018 09:04:40 pm

Liverpool or Lyon right now is a no brainer.

Dont care if hes a life long Lyon fan to a dad called Leon. If we want him he will want us.

Quick Reply