Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 167853 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1012: Jul 19, 2018 03:30:04 pm
      Ah so, Fekir deal is off then. Yes?

Maybe. Maybe not.

We won't know for sure until the window closes.

Either way it's still a brilliant transfer window.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1013: Jul 19, 2018 03:38:29 pm
      Bascomb says the deal for Fekir is off and won’t be resurrected. But that we are still in for another 10.

Who that is at this point is anyone’s guess.

Pulisic, Brandt, Draxler, Dybala?

That makes the most sense. What about the French guy from Marseille, Thauvin is it?
      Saw a stattobthingie that showed him as the most Fekir-lije option. Know him?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1014: Jul 19, 2018 03:44:00 pm
      That makes the most sense. What about the French guy from Marseille, Thauvin is it?
      Saw a stattobthingie that showed him as the most Fekir-lije option. Know him?

You know who I would love from Marseille for a couple of seasons? Payet!! Yeah, he is 31, but he is a very special creative player and would help us unlock those defensive teams with ease, could also help vs the big teams too!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1015: Jul 19, 2018 03:47:29 pm
      You know who I would love from Marseille for a couple of seasons? Payet!! Yeah, he is 31, but he is a very special creative player and would help us unlock those defensive teams with ease, could also help vs the big teams too!!
      Top player, but his age is a deal-killer. Thauvin is I think 25. On my phone so can't access that TTT breakdown. He has some good YouTube vids though
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1016: Jul 19, 2018 03:48:10 pm

Is this the same Payet who threw a massive sulk to get out of West Ham and is now considering going back to them??
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #1017: Jul 19, 2018 03:50:30 pm
      Oh you are so correct on this, if there is one thing I constantly told myself as Mo charged towards his golden boot last year it was that we lack creativity and goals!!! On the other hand every time I saw Migs or Karius in goal I got a warm fuzzy feeling, I just knew we were safe with both of them, especially in a final!!!!
      The GK position was the #1 most important thing to sort out in the team, has been for bloody years, adding yet another attacking element would be nice but is far from crucial, hell its not even that important.

Well he does have a point. A good one. Salah has had a brilliant season and what if he struggles this season. Everybody in the league knows him now. He favors his left foot and that isn't a secret.
      we have struggled to break down parked busses for a while now.
      You can't expect salah to be the savior again. We need everybody to chip in and for that, you need a creative midfielder or a am/cam.

Just because you thought keeper was the most important position to strengthen, doesn't mean everybody needs to agree with that.
      We still gonna concead goals, with Alisson or with Karius. It's the way we play. Hopefully we concead less but we need to score too. Hence a am who takes off the pressure from front three and provides assists.
      Seen a lot of "well we have signed two midfielders"
      yes we have, the one is a DM and the other one is a genuine cm. It's like expecting maschreno to provide goals. Hendo isn't a goal machine, gini refuse to score away. Lallana is very slow and ox is injured.

We need balance in the team. We need someone who provides passes for the front three. Score a goal and someone who can take freekicks.
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2018 03:55:35 pm by Billo »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1018: Jul 19, 2018 03:51:16 pm
      Top player, but his age is a deal-killer. Thauvin is I think 25. On my phone so can't access that TTT breakdown. He has some good YouTube vids though

Yeah, I haven't seen Thauvin play , so can't comment. Shame Payet wasn't younger, he would have been up there with the likes of, Neymar, Salah, Hazard etc.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #1019: Jul 19, 2018 03:51:49 pm

I swear to God I was thinking about same thing earlier today.
      didn't he have most chances created in Ligue 1 or in whole Europe or something?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #1020: Jul 19, 2018 03:53:57 pm
      This seems to be what reports are indicating. It was Alisson or Fekir, not both. We've done the wrong deal in my opinion. Having Karius in goal was less a liability than the lack of creativity in the midfield, especially with the defence that did so well the second half of last season infront of him. After the news yesterday that Ox is probably out for most of next season, it was doubly important we have quality in there if we wanted to seriously compete on multiple fronts.

Yeah, I'm with you and it seems like we are in minority. That's fair enough.
      I really hope that Alisson does well and he is going to get my support like every other Liverpool player but still, we should have gone for fekir IMO
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,139 posts | 1084 
      Reply #1021: Jul 19, 2018 04:00:53 pm
      I know everyone is saying this deal is dead and we are done, but the way this window has gone who knows what FSG will do. I think they are completely changing people’s mind with these summer moves, and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they keep their cards close to the vest and pull off one more ‘oh sh*t’ move. Even if they don’t this offseason has got us all dreaming.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1022: Jul 19, 2018 04:01:22 pm
      Well he does have a point. A good one. Salah has had a brilliant season and what if he struggles this season. Everybody in the league knows him now. He favors his left foot and that isn't a secret.
      we have struggled to break down parked busses for a while now.
      You can't expect salah to be the savior again. We need everybody to chip in and for that, you need a creative midfielder or a am/cam.

Just because you thought keeper was the most important position to strengthen, doesn't mean everybody needs to agree with that.
      We still gonna concead goals, with Alisson or with Karius. It's the way we play. Hopefully we concead less but we need to score too. Hence a am who takes off the pressure from front three and provides assists.
      Seen a lot of "well we have signed two midfielders"
      yes we have, the one is a DM and the other one is a genuine cm. It's like expecting maschreno to provide goals. Hendo isn't a goal machine, gini refuse to score away. Lallana is very slow and ox is injured.

We need balance in the team. We need someone who provides passes for the front three. Score a goal and someone who can take freekicks.

Yes I know, you are in the minority that actually thought Karius was good enough for us, but hopefully you'll get to see what Goalkeeping should look like now after years of crap. Secondly can you explain how Kane keeps scoring year after year, how about Messi/Ronaldo/Suarez/Neymar/Aguero/Griezman etc etc etc. The very best strikers evolve and find new ways to score and I have every faith that Mo will as well, but if he is to be used as a decoy this season to act as a magnet for all defenders thereby opening up space for Bobby and Mane then so be it, but I have no doubt that we will score more goals and have a bigger goal difference this season than last with or without Fekir.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1023: Jul 19, 2018 04:03:39 pm
      Yeah, I'm with you and it seems like we are in minority. That's fair enough.
      I really hope that Alisson does well and he is going to get my support like every other Liverpool player but still, we should have gone for fekir IMO

Remind me again how the team fell apart last season after Coutinho left, that is the guy Fekir would be replacing isn't it?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1024: Jul 19, 2018 04:04:06 pm
      Yes I know, you are in the minority that actually thought Karius was good enough for us, but hopefully you'll get to see what Goalkeeping should look like now after years of crap. Secondly can you explain how Kane keeps scoring year after year, how about Messi/Ronaldo/Suarez/Neymar/Aguero/Griezman etc etc etc. The very best strikers evolve and find new ways to score and I have every faith that Mo will as well, but if he is to be used as a decoy this season to act as a magnet for all defenders thereby opening up space for Bobby and Mane then so be it, but I have no doubt that we will score more goals and have a bigger goal difference this season than last with or without Fekir.

Gotta admit, I am looking forward to your reactions when Alisson fucks up for us, and he will because every goalie does and he has his own shortcomings. Wonder what it will be "oh for F**k's sake, ANOTHER sh*t goalie???", or an excuse-making machine "hey, he's getting used to our system, it happens".
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #1025: Jul 19, 2018 04:06:44 pm

Yeah, I didn't defend Karius. I would have stuck with ward or something. Even maybe bought a cheaper keeper.
      Kane has Eriksson. Do you want me to name creative midfielder for every team out there? Because every team needs balance and our hasn't.
      I'm not gonna explain football to you because what I'm saying about needing a attacking midfielder is pretty basic and simple.
      now sit back and relax then think about every good team, they have a creative midfielder/cam/am who's main role is offensive. Who is ours? Shaqiri?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #1026: Jul 19, 2018 04:08:38 pm
      Remind me again how the team fell apart last season after Coutinho left, that is the guy Fekir would be replacing isn't it?

So you are gambling on Salah having the same season as last one?
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #1027: Jul 19, 2018 04:09:31 pm
      Gotta admit, I am looking forward to your reactions when Alisson fucks up for us, and he will because every goalie does and he has his own shortcomings. Wonder what it will be "oh for f**k's sake, ANOTHER sh*t goalie???", or an excuse-making machine "hey, he's getting used to our system, it happens".

You should not even think about this, although mistakes do happen.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1028: Jul 19, 2018 04:10:09 pm
      Gotta admit, I am looking forward to your reactions when Alisson fucks up for us, and he will because every goalie does and he has his own shortcomings. Wonder what it will be "oh for f**k's sake, ANOTHER sh*t goalie???", or an excuse-making machine "hey, he's getting used to our system, it happens".

No, not at all, I realise that not every shot can be saved and I'll be patient and realise that there might be some adjustment required between leagues, but yes if in my opinion Alisson is as poor as Karius come the end of the season I will be very disappointed and also very surprised, baffled and shocked.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #1029: Jul 19, 2018 04:12:46 pm
      I'm not saying we will stop scoring because we won't, just like we are going to concede.

We will struggle to break down parked busses and that's something lower openants like doing against us at anfield.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1030: Jul 19, 2018 04:13:05 pm
      Yeah, I didn't defend Karius. I would have stuck with ward or something. Even maybe bought a cheaper keeper.
      Kane has Eriksson. Do you want me to name creative midfielder for every team out there? Because every team needs balance and our hasn't.
      I'm not gonna explain football to you because what I'm saying about needing a attacking midfielder is pretty basic and simple.
      now sit back and relax then think about every good team, they have a creative midfielder/cam/am who's main role is offensive. Who is ours? Shaqiri?

So you are an expert on football who doesn't realise the need for a good defence and GK, OK I think I'll pass on getting any tutorials from you. In an ideal world it would be great to have another Countinho type player but we have so much creativity in the team already, especially now with the addition of Keita and also Shaquiri, that I really don't see it as a major problem.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1031: Jul 19, 2018 04:15:22 pm
      So you are gambling on Salah having the same season as last one?

Are you gambling that all the strikers I mentioned will also have worse seasons, if not why not, what is the difference? Perhaps this season Bobby has the season of his life or Sadio or perhaps Mo gets even better. There are far to many ifs and buts there to factor into a transfer strategy and if funds are limited, which I'm not convinced they are, then GK was the correct move.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1032: Jul 19, 2018 04:16:38 pm
      I'm not saying we will stop scoring because we won't, just like we are going to concede.

We will struggle to break down parked busses and that's something lower openants like doing against us at anfield.

I disagree because I think we have more creativity already with Keita and also Shaquiri and Lallana
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #1033: Jul 19, 2018 04:17:00 pm
      So you are an expert on football who doesn't realise the need for a good defence and GK, OK I think I'll pass on getting any tutorials from you. In an ideal world it would be great to have another Countinho type player but we have so much creativity in the team already, especially now with the addition of Keita and also Shaquiri, that I really don't see it as a major problem.

Yeah good luck. Won't say I'm a expert but after your replies. Pretty sure I have more knowledge then you. Peace out.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1034: Jul 19, 2018 04:19:06 pm

Quick Reply