Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 168295 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1035: Jul 19, 2018 04:19:41 pm
      Yeah good luck. Won't say I'm a expert but after your replies. Pretty sure I have more knowledge then you. Peace out.

Passive aggressive Peace, ;D ;-) OK we'll just have to agree to disagree I guess.

In any case I can't wait for this new season to start, it could be the one.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1478 
      Reply #1036: Jul 19, 2018 04:21:11 pm
      ;D wtf are you rambling about

This is the best thing you've said in the last 24hrs.

Just because you don’t understand or disagree with how I’m thinking? That’s your own opinion.

You’ll probably dislike me even more when I throw my support for the club to sell Mo if an offer of £250m comes in. Go on and call me crazy but that’s a cool £215m profit.

I’m a fan of the club, but my mind is not just focused on the games. I look at the business and economic sides as well. We acquire quite shrewdly these days I’d say.
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1037: Jul 19, 2018 04:28:07 pm
      Yeah, I didn't defend Karius. I would have stuck with ward or something. Even maybe bought a cheaper keeper.
      Kane has Eriksson. Do you want me to name creative midfielder for every team out there? Because every team needs balance and our hasn't.
      I'm not gonna explain football to you because what I'm saying about needing a attacking midfielder is pretty basic and simple.
      now sit back and relax then think about every good team, they have a creative midfielder/cam/am who's main role is offensive. Who is ours? Shaqiri?

Yup, i see CAM as our biggest weakness and one that needed to be addressed and so far it hasn't, but with a couple weeks left to go in the window we have to let this play out.

With Ox out all year, we are very thin in midfield and no true CAM. Fekir (or an equivalent) is very needed, as he can make that last pass, dribble past players to open up space or hit a free kick to help unlock that tight game.

Right now we only have Lallana, Gini, Milner and Keita for the other top 2 midfield positions, but Milner and Gini do not offer enough going forward and Lallana is injury-prone and should have more of a squad role rather than playing frequently. Imagine Keita goes down? a Fekir-type just makes us so much more well rounded.

I get Shaqiri is around but he's the only cover for the front 3, so he'll be getting plenty of game time there
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1038: Jul 19, 2018 04:28:35 pm
      Just because you don’t understand or disagree with how I’m thinking? That’s your own opinion.

You’ll probably dislike me even more when I throw my support for the club to sell Mo if an offer of £250m comes in. Go on and call me crazy but that’s a cool £215m profit.

I’m a fan of the club, but my mind is not just focused on the games. I look at the business and economic sides as well. We acquire quite shrewdly these days I’d say.

FSG won't sell Mo for the simple reason he will be worth a fortune in marketing and merchandise for years.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #1039: Jul 19, 2018 04:30:57 pm

If you look at the business and economic side of it then you aren't a fan of the club, you are a fan of money and business.

I wouldn't sell Mo no matter what kind of offer comes in, but then I have the best interest of the team at heart, not the executives and owners pockets.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1040: Jul 19, 2018 04:38:21 pm
      I'm not saying we will stop scoring because we won't, just like we are going to concede.

We will struggle to break down parked busses and that's something lower openants like doing against us at anfield.

And we have nearly three times as many of those games in England.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #1041: Jul 19, 2018 04:46:27 pm
      If you look at the business and economic side of it then you aren't a fan of the club, you are a fan of money and business.

You lost me there.

Football is now run as a business whether you like it or not. Being realistic about it doesn't make you less of a fan of a club.

There is a reason why LFC attract so many fans worldwide. This is because LFC matches are broadcasted on TVs, the TV get to choose good/strong teams to broadcast and to build a strong team, you need money and lots of them. Running a football club as large as LFC without thinking about the business side of it is unsustainable.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1042: Jul 19, 2018 04:51:32 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1043: Jul 19, 2018 04:56:55 pm
      I wouldn't sell Mo no matter what kind of offer comes in, but then I have the best interest of the team at heart, not the executives and owners pockets.

I would if someone came in with a 250m+ and we end up using that money to buy, let's say, Asensio, Bertrand and someone like, Brandt, Malcolm, Bailey etc :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #1044: Jul 19, 2018 05:16:49 pm
      You lost me there.

Football is now run as a business whether you like it or not. Being realistic about it doesn't make you less of a fan of a club.

There is a reason why LFC attract so many fans worldwide. This is because LFC matches are broadcasted on TVs, the TV get to choose good/strong teams to broadcast and to build a strong team, you need money and lots of them. Running a football club as large as LFC without thinking about the business side of it is unsustainable.

We have people in charge at the club that take care of the business side, for a fan to worry about it (when the club is financially stable) is foolish. Worry about the team on the field and how well they play. A fan should never be concerned with how much of a profit we might make from players. Go play FM if you want to think like that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #1045: Jul 19, 2018 05:17:40 pm

Who cares...that's after the transfer window closes right? It's just more BS from their director. That guy is a Grade A douchebag.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1046: Jul 19, 2018 05:19:26 pm
      is that a good source or are you sharing sh*t?
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #1047: Jul 19, 2018 05:26:38 pm
      So, souness reckon a it's back on.

Klopp for sure would speak to him about it

I'm getting Fekir on my shirt now
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1048: Jul 19, 2018 06:12:43 pm
      is that a good source or are you sharing sh*t?

Its definitely got more credibility than you, that much I'm sure!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1049: Jul 19, 2018 06:40:41 pm
      If Fekir's knee is too big of a risk, here's the guy I think would be the best alternative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgB6tBB3Tuw
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1050: Jul 19, 2018 07:10:47 pm
      Its definitely got more credibility than you, that much I'm sure!
      I'm not a news outlet, so you posted sh*te then.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1051: Jul 19, 2018 07:22:16 pm
      I'm not a news outlet, so you posted sh*te then.

For one day, nah, for one minute, stop being a pr*ck and a pain in the bu**. Google, you lazy dumbo! Its on Lyon's official account.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1052: Jul 19, 2018 07:26:36 pm
      If Fekir's knee is too big of a risk, here's the guy I think would be the best alternative:

Not a bad shout mate! A left-footed attacking mid, a profile that Jürgen apparently prefers.
      Scottbot

• 9,598 posts | 2156 
      Reply #1053: Jul 19, 2018 07:34:56 pm
      This seems to be what reports are indicating. It was Alisson or Fekir, not both. We've done the wrong deal in my opinion. Having Karius in goal was less a liability than the lack of creativity in the midfield, especially with the defence that did so well the second half of last season infront of him. After the news yesterday that Ox is probably out for most of next season, it was doubly important we have quality in there if we wanted to seriously compete on multiple fronts.

I’d like us to able to win a few more 1-0 games mate. First VVD, then Fabinho and now Alisson are very much a part of making that a reality. I’d certainly like to see a player of Fekir’s ability at the club but if it was a straight up choice between a keeper and number 10 it’s the keeper all day long. It had to be addressed. Also, I believe Keita will surprise a few with the impact he has on our ability to breakdown packed defences. The tempo of our passing game will increase, he has got excellent close control and he will break defensive lines with his willingness to drive forward with the ball. I think we’ll be fine on that front.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1054: Jul 19, 2018 07:54:24 pm

He the guy who was at Newcastle?

Awful there if I remember?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #1055: Jul 19, 2018 08:14:21 pm
      Echo saying this morning we're unlikely to go back in for Fekir now we're signing Alison. They don't explicitly say it's one or the other but they certainly intimate it.

Echo knows F all.....just like most of the English media who only seem to get a scoop once everything's been done and dusted for the most part.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1056: Jul 19, 2018 08:15:39 pm
      So what's the consensus?

We still in for Fekir the 'Liverpool way'..?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1057: Jul 19, 2018 08:17:20 pm
      It was never either or, not sure where you are getting that.

All of the reliable (take that with a grain of salt I know) journos from our end have said all along that Klopp wanted a GK and a #10.

Echo saying this morning we're unlikely to go back in for Fekir now we're signing Alison. They don't explicitly say it's one or the other but they certainly intimate it.

I’d like us to able to win a few more 1-0 games mate. First VVD, then Fabinho and now Alisson are very much a part of making that a reality. I’d certainly like to see a player of Fekir’s ability at the club but if it was a straight up choice between a keeper and number 10 it’s the keeper all day long. It had to be addressed. Also, I believe Keita will surprise a few with the impact he has on our ability to breakdown packed defences. The tempo of our passing game will increase, he has got excellent close control and he will break defensive lines with his willingness to drive forward with the ball. I think we’ll be fine on that front.

I respect your opinion Scott, I really do, but I fundamentally disagree with you. I want to win trophies. Lots of f**king trophies. I'm sick and tired of season after season us being an alsoran. I want us to win something, even if it's the Mickey Mouse cup. The Trophy cabinet has been bear too long. Success breeds success and we're not going to be successful without a replacement for Coutinho. If it's an either/or situation, I want the outfield player who brings creativity and scores goals, not a goalkeeper who is only a moderate upgrade, not when we have one of the best defensive records in the league since big Virg joined. Hopefully it's not an either/or and we sign a replacement for Coutinho, be that Fekir or someone else, just so long as they're versatile, experienced and talented.

Quick Reply