Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 168977 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1288: Aug 03, 2018 11:47:12 am
      Feel sorry for the lad, with rumors that he did the 'Welcome to Airfield Video' and all that to have it fall through... There is still a glimmer of hope as the window has 6 days left but I just cant see it.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1289: Aug 03, 2018 01:26:43 pm
      That’s bull, there’s plenty of money available.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1290: Aug 03, 2018 01:56:43 pm
      That’s bull, there’s plenty of money available.

Clearly not 🤷‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1291: Aug 03, 2018 02:20:31 pm

Believe what you want. Was there no money available last summer when we tried to sign VVD? I mean we didn't sign him till January so there must not have been money available till then. Surely Klopp isn't stubborn and will wait to get exactly who he wants in some circumstances (VVD, Keita, Allison)
      Kopite78
      Reply #1292: Aug 03, 2018 02:24:17 pm
      Believe what you want. Was there no money available last summer when we tried to sign VVD? I mean we didn't sign him till January so there must not have been money available till then. Surely Klopp isn't stubborn and will wait to get exactly who he wants in some circumstances (VVD, Keita, Allison)

So he didn't want Fekir? But by belief that is off due to his knee..
      Now there's stubborn and waiting but he can't be that if it's a medical issue no? He can't wait on this one ?
      So if you think he wanted Fekir he wanted one in that position but now he doesn't? Nah

We've spent up on other areas and now the money is gone 🤷‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1293: Aug 03, 2018 02:29:56 pm
      Now there's stubborn and waiting but he can't be that if it's a medical issue no? He can't wait on this one ?
      So if you think he wanted Fekir he wanted one in that position but now he doesn't? Nah

Nah...we have plenty of money. Klopp's been here long enough that you can start to build a case for how he does business. Not to mention we spent (at the time) record money on Salah, we then spent record money on VVD, record money (at the time) on Keita (even though we didn't get him right away) and then record money on a Goalkeeper. And Fekir was done and dusted till the medicals. I don't buy the "renegotiating" because of the knee thing. I think it's a foolish decision, but our medical staff obviously gave it a no go and Klopp's willing to wait to find someone else. It is what it is. My preference would be Pulisic over Fekir to be honest and nothing would be smarter than wrapping up a "next year" deal for Pulisic if that's the best we can do. I fear if we don't, we will miss out on him down the road. Great Klopp player and would be a fixture for us for a long time.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1294: Aug 03, 2018 02:31:52 pm
      Nah...we have plenty of money. Klopp's been here long enough that you can start to build a case for how he does business. Not to mention we spent (at the time) record money on Salah, we then spent record money on VVD, record money (at the time) on Keita (even though we didn't get him right away) and then record money on a Goalkeeper. And Fekir was done and dusted till the medicals. I don't buy the "renegotiating" because of the knee thing. I think it's a foolish decision, but our medical staff obviously gave it a no go and Klopp's willing to wait to find someone else. It is what it is. My preference would be Pulisic over Fekir to be honest and nothing would be smarter than wrapping up a "next year" deal for Pulisic if that's the best we can do. I fear if we don't, we will miss out on him down the road. Great Klopp player and would be a fixture for us for a long time.

I'm not saying we haven't spent big I'm saying there's no more
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1295: Aug 03, 2018 02:32:58 pm
      I'm not saying we haven't spent big I'm saying there's no more

And I'm saying I don't believe that. Our net spend is still not that high at this point. 
      Kopite78
      Reply #1296: Aug 03, 2018 02:35:17 pm
      And I'm saying I don't believe that. Our net spend is still not that high at this point.

It never is
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1297: Aug 03, 2018 02:44:53 pm

Ok who is available who is a like for like with Fekir? If you know of one then maybe drop Jürgen a line.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1298: Aug 03, 2018 02:48:10 pm
      Ok who is available who is a like for like with Fekir? If you know of one then maybe drop Jürgen a line.

I don't need to but are you telling me there is no one? That Jürgen wouldn't know one? 😂

It's Fekir ( who's knee is fu**ed) is literally the only one 😂

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1299: Aug 03, 2018 02:54:39 pm

£100m NET since the sale of Coutinho if you include VVD.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1300: Aug 03, 2018 02:57:27 pm
      I don't need to but are you telling me there is no one? That Jürgen wouldn't know one? 😂

It's Fekir ( who's knee is fu**ed) is literally the only one 😂

Personally I can't think of many players in the mold of Coutinho/Fekir and who are available. With Jürgen I suspect he doesn't know of another one who ticks all the boxes like Fekir would have either or he'd have gone for him. I suspect that the Fekir signing was a nice to have rather than being crucial to his plans
      Kopite78
      Reply #1301: Aug 03, 2018 02:59:05 pm
      Personally I can't think of many players in the mold of Coutinho/Fekir and who are available. With Jürgen I suspect he doesn't know of another one who ticks all the boxes like Fekir would have either or he'd have gone for him. I suspect that the Fekir signing was a nice to have rather than being crucial to his plans

One more is crucial

There's loads of players who can play there

But don't hold your breath.. money is spent
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1302: Aug 03, 2018 03:05:35 pm
      One more is crucial

There's loads of players who can play there

But don't hold your breath.. money is spent

Why is it crucial? We seemed to do ok last season, second half, without Coutinho, scoring at a reasonable rate, which is more than can be said for England's cricket team at the moment ;-)
      Kopite78
      Reply #1303: Aug 03, 2018 03:07:55 pm
      Why is it crucial? We seemed to do ok last season, second half, without Coutinho, scoring at a reasonable rate, which is more than can be said for England's cricket team at the moment ;-)

Until April when they looked knackered and another body was crucial
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1304: Aug 03, 2018 03:24:18 pm

Quite true, even if the opportunity arose to buy a sh*t hot forward as back up for Mo the Coutinho dosh is gone.
      Players are being sold/loaned out to lighten the wage bill so the prospect of money being conjured up for back up is bleak.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1305: Aug 03, 2018 03:33:38 pm
      Quite true, even if the opportunity arose to buy a sh*t hot forward as back up for Mo the Coutinho dosh is gone.
      Players are being sold/loaned out to lighten the wage bill so the prospect of money being conjured up for back up is bleak.

Feels like that when the Fekir deal fell through the option was there to pick up Alisson and Shaqiri.
      Probably a better result for LFC if it panned out that way.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1306: Aug 03, 2018 04:54:35 pm
      Until April when they looked knackered and another body was crucial

We have another 2 bodies, Shaquiri and Lallana, how many more do we need?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1307: Aug 03, 2018 04:55:42 pm

Rolls out "Lallana like a new signing bunting".
      He can't be relied on for the season.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1308: Aug 03, 2018 05:06:30 pm

One more
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1309: Aug 03, 2018 06:18:58 pm

There's money if Klopp wants to spend it.

Nothing to do with net spend, the money is there.
      For instance, the club has millions parked in derivatives (to hedge against currency fluctuations), as well as other safe havens.
      This is done both to keep it un-taxed, and also to increase it (as well as hedge).

It's all in the accounts.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1310: Aug 03, 2018 06:29:59 pm
      There's money if Klopp wants to spend it.

Nothing to do with net spend, the money is there.
      For instance, the club has millions parked in derivatives (to hedge against currency fluctuations), as well as other safe havens.
      This is done both to keep it un-taxed, and also to increase it (as well as hedge).

It's all in the accounts.

Doesn't mean they'll spend it

Quick Reply