Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 167839 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1311: Aug 03, 2018 06:36:51 pm

You mean Klopp?

As he has stated frequently, the owners have no problems backing him.
      If he asks for it, he gets it.
      Asked whether he was satisfied with the support of FSG, Klopp told the ECHO: “100%. Absolutely, I've been able to do what I wanted.
      “There was never a discussion where I had 1% of the feeling I didn't understand our situation or something. They have been really cool.

“I speak with (FSG president) Mike Gordon regularly and we're working on different fronts, working here, developing this, bringing together this.”
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-hails-100-backing-liverpool-11655814

Nice that you finally acknowledge the money is there though.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1312: Aug 03, 2018 06:50:42 pm
      You mean Klopp?

As he has stated frequently, the owners have no problems backing him.
      If he asks for it, he gets it.https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-hails-100-backing-liverpool-11655814

Nice that you finally acknowledge the money is there though.

I mean the club.. I doubt Klopp makes final financial decisions though

For someone so obsessed with money and the books though I'm sure you're fully aware of how the wage bill will come into thinking.
      No way more is added without the likes of Origi Ings Markovic at al are moved on

Klopp wanted one more..  Now it's unlikely he gets it so .....

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #1313: Aug 03, 2018 07:35:03 pm

For someone so obsessed with money and the books though I'm sure you're fully aware of how the wage bill will come into thinking.
      No way more is added without the likes of Origi Ings Markovic at al are moved on

Wait....so Klopp can't have Fekir because he's not allowed to spend the money?

I don't think that's even remotely true.

Klopp wanted VVD....Southampton slapped us on the wrist and told us to buzz off. Klopp could have bought someone else instead he waited till the winter and went back in and made him the most expensive defender ever.

Klopp wanted Kieta. RB wouldn't sell....so instead of getting someone else he waits and makes a deal for a transfer a year away because he doesn't want an alternative to Keita.

Fekir had a knee injury and seemingly is healed and good to go. Except when our doctors took a look at the knee, they realized that the operation to fix the injury was not performed correctly and the likelihood that further injury may occur is higher than you'd like for a player that costs that much. So he looks at the other options out there (not sure who they even are to be honest, other than Pulisic) and decides he's going to go with who he's got (Dybala isn't going anywhere).

I don't think it's that far fetched. I wanted us to get Fekir as much as anyone and I'd be wiling to say screw it, just spend the money, but it's not my money so it's easy for me to say that. I don't think Klopp is playing games when he says he's ok with our team. It's not how I'd do things, but he's the boss and he's the one whose head will be on the block. If it were me, I'd go in for Dybala or Pulisic and I'd also go grab another CB as well.

I think the only reason we'd be waiting on outgoings is for the total bodies, not the financials. We simply can't bring anyone else in unless we shift out some dead weight (Origi, Marko, Ings, etc....).
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1314: Aug 03, 2018 07:35:52 pm

:laugh:

There's a big difference between understanding the financial issues and being obsessed.
      There's also a difference between being able to understand the accounts and being obsessed.

For instance, like someone being obsessed about "being right".

If the Klopp could get the right player, we'd be in for them.

FYI, last season wage bill was 57% of turnover, as long as we don't go above 60% for an extended period, it's all good.

Once again, if we don't get anyone else in, it's not for lack of money.

I can't wait to see how you try and spin it this time  :laugh:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1315: Aug 03, 2018 08:27:08 pm
      One thing to remember in the "there must be more players like this" discussion: It's not just about skill set, although obviously that is important (and I would agree that there are others who can play the role). It's also about how carefully Klopp considers individual temperament in his entire team-building approach. The fact that we have healthy squad spirit/team chemistry/whater you call it - isn't down solely to Klopp being a terrific guy. He wouldn't go out and sign a Joey Barton type any more than he wanted to keep Mario Balotelli (extreme examples I know) I don't think anyone comes in if he doesn't have some assurance that the player is going to be a positive in the changing room, on the training room, in hotels and coach rides - just a good guy to have around. Either that being true of Klopp being able to determine whether its true must be a big part of his decision-making in selecting targets.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #1316: Aug 03, 2018 08:34:51 pm
      Swab makes the most important point in this thread.

Anyone who has ever been in business knows that paying employees 60% or more of the income of the business is financial suicide.

You have to factor in taxes, operational spending, building costs, staffing.

How much does Klopp make per year?  What about the rest of the coaching staff? Etc etc etc.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1317: Aug 03, 2018 10:30:11 pm

There's a big difference between understanding the financial issues and being obsessed.
      There's also a difference between being able to understand the accounts and being obsessed.

For instance, like someone being obsessed about "being right".

If the Klopp could get the right player, we'd be in for them.

FYI, last season wage bill was 57% of turnover, as long as we don't go above 60% for an extended period, it's all good.

Once again, if we don't get anyone else in, it's not for lack of money.

I can't wait to see how you try and spin it this time  :laugh:

Spin out of what?

We won't spend anymore and if we want to win we should

I don't care about being right

Only one obsessed and it's you buddy

I'm just giving an opinion
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1318: Aug 03, 2018 10:35:36 pm

2 more, we lost Can and Ox is out for the season, we then got Shaqiri, Keita and Fabinho and we have Lallana back. Btw yes I know Shaqiri is more of a forward/winger but he can also play Am.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1319: Aug 03, 2018 10:39:12 pm
      Spin out of what?

We won't spend anymore and if we want to win we should

I don't care about being right

Only one obsessed and it's you buddy

I'm just giving an opinion

You've gone from "we have no money left" in the owners thread, to "we have no money left" in this thread, to "we won't spend any more", all after being shown we actually do have the money.
      Saying "we have no money left" is a definitive statement, so not really an opinion.

But OK, that's not trying to spin a narrative.

Enjoy the season  :laugh:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1320: Aug 04, 2018 12:15:34 am
      Personally i think the spending is done but I could be wrong. Until we sell some of the deadwood it might even be a good idea not to load the wage bill.

Whatever happens i'm ready for the bew season. This was the spending i wanted and for this window at least all without selling any top player.

The first XI is improved and the squad looks slightly bigger. Until January at least I think we have enough to get ourselves in the title mix for the first time in a long time.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1321: Aug 04, 2018 06:11:49 am
      You've gone from "we have no money left" in the owners thread, to "we have no money left" in this thread, to "we won't spend any more", all after being shown we actually do have the money.
      Saying "we have no money left" is a definitive statement, so not really an opinion.

But OK, that's not trying to spin a narrative.

Enjoy the season  :laugh:

No

I said we wouldn't spend anymore

You not read too well?

I've said we won't spend anymore unless we sell

There's a difference between having it and spending it

Thing is you weirdo is I'm not saying I'm not happy with what we have done, I'm not saying I don't think we haven't had a really good summer.. I'm saying we won't spend anymore

You just get your knickers in a twist constantly when people don't follow your narrative on the owners
      Your defence of them, the lengths you go to is weird

I think We've had a good summer, I just ideally think we need one more but I don't think we will spend anymore irregardless of having it or not

You enjoy the season too
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1322: Aug 04, 2018 11:23:41 am
      Has the club 100% pulled the plug on the deal?, I've not seen concrete proof of such.

I still have a belief Fekir will sign for us, would be a royal piss take to dress the lad up in the jersey,do the promo's & at the last minute F**k him off..

I don't believe  Klopp or the club are about that..
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1323: Aug 04, 2018 11:38:18 am
      Has the club 100% pulled the plug on the deal?, I've not seen concrete proof of such.

I still have a belief Fekir will sign for us, would be a royal piss take to dress the lad up in the jersey,do the promo's & at the last minute f**k him off..

No way we're signing him this late in the day.

Maybe next Summer.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1324: Aug 04, 2018 12:02:09 pm
      No

I said we wouldn't spend anymore

You not read too well?

I've said we won't spend anymore unless we sell

There's a difference between having it and spending it

Thing is you weirdo is I'm not saying I'm not happy with what we have done, I'm not saying I don't think we haven't had a really good summer.. I'm saying we won't spend anymore

You just get your knickers in a twist constantly when people don't follow your narrative on the owners
      Your defence of them, the lengths you go to is weird

I think We've had a good summer, I just ideally think we need one more but I don't think we will spend anymore irregardless of having it or not

You enjoy the season too

So he didn't want Fekir? But by belief that is off due to his knee..
      Now there's stubborn and waiting but he can't be that if it's a medical issue no? He can't wait on this one ?
      So if you think he wanted Fekir he wanted one in that position but now he doesn't? Nah

We've spent up on other areas and now the money is gone 🤷‍♂️

I'm not saying we haven't spent big I'm saying there's no more

One more is crucial

There's loads of players who can play there

But don't hold your breath.. money is spent

Oh, I read very well thanks.
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1325: Aug 04, 2018 12:04:49 pm

I still have a belief Fekir will sign for us, would be a royal piss take to dress the lad up in the jersey,do the promo's & at the last minute F**k him off..

I've been reading up on this, as I missed it while it was playing out, and it does seem a strange one, doesn't it.

As far as I can see, there's no concrete proof of anything, just journo speculation and the ever popular "reading between the lines".
      Maybe I missed something, but it's all very strange.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1326: Aug 04, 2018 12:12:45 pm

I've been reading up on this, as I missed it while it was playing out, and it does seem a strange one, doesn't it.

As far as I can see, there's no concrete proof of anything, just journo speculation and the ever popular "reading between the lines".
      Maybe I missed something, but it's all very strange.

It's very odd, You can image the lad not being in a good place if it were true we have pulled the plug after making him go through all that effort..

I just don't believe it's clear cut as some are making out as a no deal..

No way we're signing him this late in the day.

Maybe next Summer.

How can you be so certain..? maybe we are waiting to let a few go before we press the green button on Fekir.

« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2018 12:18:36 pm by Shabs »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1327: Aug 04, 2018 12:36:41 pm
      It's very odd, You can image the lad not being in a good place if it were true we have pulled the plug after making him go through all that effort..

I just don't believe it's clear cut as some are making out as a no deal..

There are probably a lot of things that went on that no one except the 2 clubs know anything about.

Things are rarely as clear cut as some say they are.
      Binary thinking regarding complex issues rarely results in accuracy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #1328: Aug 04, 2018 12:38:12 pm

I still have a belief Fekir will sign for us, would be a royal piss take to dress the lad up in the jersey,do the promo's & at the last minute f**k him off..

It was all timing. Doing promo stuff early figuring the medical would be fine then finding out the knee wasn’t fixed correctly. Last minute pullout somewhat like Remy.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #1329: Aug 04, 2018 12:52:13 pm
      Irregardless... my favourite non-word.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1330: Aug 04, 2018 12:58:07 pm
      It was all timing. Doing promo stuff early figuring the medical would be fine then finding out the knee wasn’t fixed correctly. Last minute pullout somewhat like Remy.

That would suggest our medical staff or powers to be don't have a clue... We know the lad had a issue with knee injuries in the past..so let's do a medical first before we do all that promo stuff..

Or is that too easy?.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1331: Aug 04, 2018 01:02:56 pm

The mistake was doing the promotional stuff before finishing all the medical evaluation. Don't think you'll ever see that happen again with us.

That is the embarrassing aspect and I wouldn't doubt some private expression of regret has been conveyed to the player. But a few reporters did signal in June the club had pulled out because of the medical and since then it has been Aulas and/or traffic-craving media sites (and transfer-addicted supporters - holding my hand up here)  that have kept this thing in the headlines.

That's my best read on the  whole deal, minus some inside info. After the Virgil saga, I imagine our journos are forced to look away from the club for information.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1332: Aug 04, 2018 01:28:29 pm
      So, in short, we don't really know what happened, except that there appeared to be a done deal, because media stuff was done, and then reporters said his knee was still dodgy, and that the deal had fallen through because of it.

Is that a fair summary?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1333: Aug 04, 2018 01:37:36 pm
      So, in short, we don't really know what happened, except that there appeared to be a done deal, because media stuff was done, and then reporters said his knee was still dodgy, and that the deal had fallen through because of it.

Is that a fair summary?

Sort of 😄

Quick Reply