Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 169012 times
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #552: Jun 10, 2018 09:28:06 am
      But if he hardly plays do we get him cheaper?

probably not :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #553: Jun 10, 2018 09:35:02 am
      That doesn't fit either

The deal was too far down the line for that theory to fit

You can always scupper a deal until its all signed and this chairman has a history of acting a tw*t in almost all transfers he does.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #554: Jun 10, 2018 09:42:17 am
      Mad one.

Nabil Fekir’s £53m move from Lyons to Liverpool called off

Paul Joyce Northern Football Correspondent

June 9 2018, 12:01am, The Times

Final hurdle: Fekir recorded interviews with Liverpool but his switch has been called off

Lyon dramatically called off Nabil Fekir’s £53m transfer to Liverpool last night. The Ligue 1 club released a statement saying they had put an end to negotiations at 7pm and would be able to ‘count on the presence’ of their captain for next season’s Champions League campaign. ‘Transfer negotiations with Liverpool and Nabil Fekir have not succeeded and Olympique Lyonnais has decided to put an end to this negotiation tonight,’ it read.

The midfielder, 24, looked set to become Liverpool’s third major signing of the summer on Friday but a complication with his medical provided a hitch after a deal was agreed between the clubs. Personal terms with the France international had also been agreed.

It is believed Liverpool wanted to restructure the deal in light of Fekir’s medical, but the French club, and their combative president, Jean-Michel Aulas, baulked at this.

The transfer negotiation could resume, but it is likely this will not happen now until after the World Cup finals.

The Times

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,437 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #555: Jun 10, 2018 09:45:23 am
      Let's hope our back up to fekir are as bad as mane and salah
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 879 posts | 102 
      Reply #556: Jun 10, 2018 10:24:49 am
      My theory is that Lyon chairman won't sell before wc, because he feels that price for Fekir could get x2 after WC. if he had great tournament. Fekir was great yesterday , when he came on.

are you sure thats your own theory ?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #557: Jun 10, 2018 10:34:56 am
      Maddest thing about it all was the club's leaks to their favourite three, Reddy, Joyce and Pearce before this was over the line.

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #558: Jun 10, 2018 10:38:06 am
      https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1005396078152146944

It doesn't make sense that we were trying to lower the fee down after the clubs agreed on the fee, and after having agreed the fee comes a medical....

I am still leaning towards failed medical, makes more sense.

Would not put this past FSG, trying to lower the fee that is.... Sound very Trump like to me
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #559: Jun 10, 2018 10:40:32 am

are you sure thats your own theory ?

Who gives a sh*t who's theory it is, he's entitled to his opinion just like you are.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #560: Jun 10, 2018 10:40:45 am
      Mad one.

Nabil Fekir’s £53m move from Lyons to Liverpool called off

Paul Joyce Northern Football Correspondent

June 9 2018, 12:01am, The Times

Final hurdle: Fekir recorded interviews with Liverpool but his switch has been called off

Lyon dramatically called off Nabil Fekir’s £53m transfer to Liverpool last night. The Ligue 1 club released a statement saying they had put an end to negotiations at 7pm and would be able to ‘count on the presence’ of their captain for next season’s Champions League campaign. ‘Transfer negotiations with Liverpool and Nabil Fekir have not succeeded and Olympique Lyonnais has decided to put an end to this negotiation tonight,’ it read.

The midfielder, 24, looked set to become Liverpool’s third major signing of the summer on Friday but a complication with his medical provided a hitch after a deal was agreed between the clubs. Personal terms with the France international had also been agreed.

It is believed Liverpool wanted to restructure the deal in light of Fekir’s medical, but the French club, and their combative president, Jean-Michel Aulas, baulked at this.

The transfer negotiation could resume, but it is likely this will not happen now until after the World Cup finals.

The Times

so we tried to save more pennies after the medical? if that is the case that is pretty low. Paul joyce is reliable so i believe that is the case. think we screwed this one up.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #561: Jun 10, 2018 10:43:39 am
      Would not put this past FSG, trying to lower the fee that is.... Sound very Trump like to me

Lets say you were buying a house and the survey comes back saying there are some issues, they are fixable but will cost a bit of money. Now you like the house a lot but it will cost you more than you originally thought to be able to live in the house, would you not try to lower the asking price, it's really not that unreasonable is it. in this case it was just a case of restructuring the payments so less up front and more based on appearances so not that bad, assuming his knee is ok and he plays for us then Lyon still get their money.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #562: Jun 10, 2018 10:49:48 am
      Lets say you were buying a house and the survey comes back saying there are some issues, they are fixable but will cost a bit of money. Now you like the house a lot but it will cost you more than you originally thought to be able to live in the house, would you not try to lower the asking price, it's really not that unreasonable is it. in this case it was just a case of restructuring the payments so less up front and more based on appearances so not that bad, assuming his knee is ok and he plays for us then Lyon still get their money.

Your example doesnt apply to football world. Its a player, and purchasing player is always a risk no matter what. You need to do your homework and if a injury scares you that much. then you wait with agreeing a deal after the medical is done.
      What we have done is we have agreed the deal. the full monty and went back after everything and said. we want to pay less or so on.

We screwed this one up and the fault lies with us. Im not getting my pitchforks and saying lets chase americans out. Everybody makes mistakes. lets learn from this and go on.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #563: Jun 10, 2018 10:55:03 am
      Your example doesnt apply to football world. Its a player, and purchasing player is always a risk no matter what. You need to do your homework and if a injury scares you that much. then you wait with agreeing a deal after the medical is done.
      What we have done is we have agreed the deal. the full monty and went back after everything and said. we want to pay less or so on.

We screwed this one up and the fault lies with us. Im not getting my pitchforks and saying lets chase americans out. Everybody makes mistakes. lets learn from this and go on.

I disagree, I actually see nothing wrong with this, the deal was based on a successful medical. The medical threw up some question marks and in that case the asset is not worth the same as it was previously so I see nothing wrong with trying to restructure the deal to be less up front but more based on appearances. Lyon might not like it but we still hold all the cards unless a club wants to take a gamble with a player who might have a new long term injury.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #564: Jun 10, 2018 10:56:03 am

With no inside knowledge or info, I’m guessing this is about right.
      Basically, we’ll hold a bit back, but you’ll get the full amount in time if his knee holds up.
      If he gets plenty of minutes in the World Cup without any issues, think we’ll still get him after.
      If his knee breaks down, the Lyonnaise owner is gonna wish he’d gone ahead !
      Only my opinion though 😊

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #565: Jun 10, 2018 11:04:59 am
      What's up with us and embarrasing ourselves with transfers?

Our PR is seriously bad since FSG came in.

Dempsey
      Keita
      VVD
      Fekir

In each of the 4 there was something crazy about those sagas which generally do not happen to any other club. And the whole Suarez t-shirt thing was also pretty bad.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #566: Jun 10, 2018 11:10:53 am
      Maddest thing about it all was the club's leaks to their favourite three, Reddy, Joyce and Pearce before this was over the line.
      Above all else ,That's the one thing I can't get my head around either,I hope the deal is still salvageable though & we have another go at trying to get the deal done.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #567: Jun 10, 2018 11:11:41 am
      What's up with us and embarrasing ourselves with transfers?

Our PR is seriously bad since FSG came in.

Dempsey
      Keita
      VVD
      Fekir

In each of the 4 there was something crazy about those sagas which generally do not happen to any other club. And the whole Suarez t-shirt thing was also pretty bad.

The list and examples goes much further than those four too.

I still find it crazy how people jump to the defence of FSG.

I'm not as anti FSG as some other people on here, but my god, they don't half make us look foolish and embarrass us at times.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #568: Jun 10, 2018 11:17:57 am
      The list and examples goes much further than those four too.

I still find it crazy how people jump to the defence of FSG.

I'm not as anti FSG as some other people on here, but my god, they don't half make us look foolish and embarrass us at times.

Tell me how they fu**ed up the transfers of Robertson, Mane, Salah, Fabinho, Matip, Firmino, Ox etc. Yes there have been some complicated transfers but some just are, would you rather our owners looked at the medical report and just went "ah F**k it lets chance it".
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #569: Jun 10, 2018 11:18:00 am
      That's a great analogy to use regarding buying a house ,I've certainly tried to buy a house cheaper after a full survey,so I agree you can apply the same practice to almost anything it's a reasonable thing to do.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #570: Jun 10, 2018 11:37:26 am
      Tell me how they fu**ed up the transfers of Robertson, Mane, Salah, Fabinho, Matip, Firmino, Ox etc. Yes there have been some complicated transfers but some just are, would you rather our owners looked at the medical report and just went "ah F**k it lets chance it".

And what about all the names we missed out on because we couldn't negotiate a deal or more simply FSG wouldn't pay the money? Could go on forever. Even some of the players we do have now we very nearly fu**ed them up.

Some of those examples you've used are hardly credible to your case either let's be honest. Matip was a free signing ffs.

Robertson was signed for buttons and at the time pretty much all of us were underwhelmed by it as the LB position had caused us all kinds of problems for the best part of a decade but once again FSG were shopping around in bargain bins instead of going out and buying a proper, experienced, established left back.

Luckily for them Robbo has taken his opportunity by storm and klopp has gotten the best out of him. It could have easily gone the other way though like many similar signings have in the past.

There were negotiating problems with salah too and at one point it looked like we weren't getting him.

In fact, its only Fabinho that I can think of where we dealt with it professionally and acted like a big club for once. We turned up, paid the asking price and kept it all under wraps. The way we handled that transfer was superb and it should be the case in every deal we make.

Put it this way, FSG have done far more bad than good when it comes to our transfers. We have been for the most parts a laughing stock in the transfer market under their ownership but you're entitled to your opinion, I just find it baffling.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #571: Jun 10, 2018 11:39:13 am
      And what about all the names we missed out on because we couldn't negotiate a deal or more simply FSG wouldn't pay the money? Could go on forever. Even some of the players we do have now we very nearly fu**ed them up.

Some of those examples you've used are hardly credible to your case either let's be honest. Matip was a free signing ffs.

Robertson was signed for buttons and at the time pretty much all of us were underwhelmed by it as the LB position had caused us all kinds of problems for the best part of a decade but once again FSG were shopping around in bargain bins instead of going out and buying a proper, experienced, established left back.

Luckily for them Robbo has taken his opportunity by storm and klopp has gotten the best out of him. It could have easily gone the other way though like many similar signings have in the past.

There were negotiating problems with salah too and at one point it looked like we weren't getting him.

In fact, its only Fabinho that I can think of where we dealt with it professionally and acted like a big club for once. We turned up, paid the asking price and kept it all under wraps. The way we handled that transfer was superb and it should be the case in every deal we make.

Put it this way, FSG have done far more bad than good when it comes to our transfers. We have been for the most parts a laughing stock in the transfer market under their ownership but you're entitled to your opinion, I just find it baffling.

For heavens sake do you imagine that all other clubs complete their transfers perfectly, all transfers are tricky, especially the high profile ones.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #572: Jun 10, 2018 11:42:28 am
      For heavens sake do you imagine that all other clubs complete their transfers perfectly, all transfers are tricky, especially the high profile ones.

Of course not.

But for heavens sake are any other top clubs involved in as much drama when it comes to their transfer dealings as much as Liverpool are?

Seriously mate it's like a F***ing circus at times.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #573: Jun 10, 2018 11:51:35 am
      Lyon are playing a risky game as well they could be holding on to player who they could have received a healthy cashpot for who A- Could easily play the game and not give 100%
      B- If the injury does come back be left with a player no resale value

I've got a feeling Aulas using WC to get favourable price

Either way be very surprised if this is dead in water
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,437 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #574: Jun 10, 2018 11:54:42 am
      Feel sorry for the lad more than anything

Quick Reply