Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 167831 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #644: Jun 11, 2018 04:02:32 pm
      Echo saying today that Lyon pulled the plug. anyways i wouldnt be shocked if we went after him again. See Keita and VVD, they were our main targets, i suspect thats because JK wanted them and we got them no matter what.
      Both of those deals looked dead for awhile. heck we even apologised for going after VVD.
      I used to trust Echo, but their website is full of adds, popups and all sorts of garbage these days. If Lyon pulled the plug, it would have been us lowering the offer after a medical. Can't fault us. I almost asked for a discount on bran new trainers once because they smelt rank. Somebody with stinky feet must have tried them on.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #645: Jun 11, 2018 04:24:56 pm
      I used to trust Echo, but their website is full of adds, popups and all sorts of garbage these days. If Lyon pulled the plug, it would have been us lowering the offer after a medical. Can't fault us. I almost asked for a discount on bran new trainers once because they smelt rank. Somebody with stinky feet must have tried them on.

Bran or Brand?..

Have a look in here Rib..

https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,25691.420.html
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #646: Jun 11, 2018 04:28:27 pm
      Can't fault us. I almost asked for a discount on bran new trainers once because they smelt rank. Somebody with stinky feet must have tried them on.

FYI, there are no brand new trainers in a second hand shop.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #647: Jun 11, 2018 05:11:02 pm
      At least we didn't stick his shirt on the club online shop
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #648: Jun 11, 2018 06:22:55 pm
      Listened to Mel Reddy talk about this on TAW this morning...From what she said it seems they did the medical, did not like what they saw for the long term, had him sent for a second for a 2nd opinion and that was not good either. This is supposedly not an issue in the short term but more a long term concern where his knee is going to potentially shorten his career.

I also did not know this but apparently at Lyon he has his own special training program and does not do normal conditioning like the rest of the team.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #649: Jun 11, 2018 06:27:18 pm
      Listened to Mel Reddy talk about this on TAW this morning...From what she said it seems they did the medical, did not like what they saw for the long term, had him sent for a second for a 2nd opinion and that was not good either. This is supposedly not an issue in the short term but more a long term concern where his knee is going to potentially shorten his career.

I also did not know this but apparently at Lyon he has his own special training program and does not do normal conditioning like the rest of the team.

Makes sense. He was out for 2 months last season with another knee injury. We can't afford to pay that much for a potential crock.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #650: Jun 11, 2018 06:49:01 pm

Ye just listened to this. Sounds dead to me now. If we just don’t trust his knee, that isn’t going to change. Only way I guess if we somehow put together a much shorter contract. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #651: Jun 11, 2018 10:32:21 pm
      Games missed in the last 2 seasons from injury:

🇫🇷- Nabil Fekir - 10 Games
      🇳🇬- Moses Simon - 12 Games
      🇨🇭- Xherdan Shaqiri - 12 Games
      🇫🇷- Thomas Lemar - 15 Games
      🇧🇷- Philippe Coutinho - 24 Games
      🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿- Adam Lallana - 42 Games
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #652: Jun 11, 2018 10:53:35 pm

Think this one we need to trust the judgement of the doctors and trainers...if they don't like what they see then it is what it is.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      Reply #653: Jun 11, 2018 10:59:02 pm
      Think this one we need to trust the judgement of the doctors and trainers...if they don't like what they see then it is what it is.

Mate, I'll be gutted if he goes to Arsenal or the Chavs and plays the majority of the season.

10 games missed in the last 2 seasons, doesn't feel like a gamble to me whilst we keep Adam Lallana on our books.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #654: Jun 11, 2018 11:18:49 pm
      Mate, I'll be gutted if he goes to Arsenal or the Chavs and plays the majority of the season.

10 games missed in the last 2 seasons, doesn't feel like a gamble to me whilst we keep Adam Lallana on our books.

But I'll laugh my arse off if he goes to them, plays a few games and is then injured the rest of his contract. We have to trust that the club know what they are doing.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #655: Jun 11, 2018 11:27:00 pm

If he does, and if we then go from Fekir to Shaqiri, serious questions will be in need of answering by the club's transfer team. It is simply an unacceptable drop off in quality.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #656: Jun 11, 2018 11:39:11 pm
      If he does, and if we then go from Fekir to Shaqiri, serious questions will be in need of answering by the club's transfer team. It is simply an unacceptable drop off in quality.

For the last time Shaqiri is NOT an alternative to Fekir.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #657: Jun 12, 2018 12:03:29 am
      But I'll laugh my arse off if he goes to them, plays a few games and is then injured the rest of his contract. We have to trust that the club know what they are doing.

Kind of where I am at....would not be surprised if the mancs try and nab him...but like you said have to trust the club on this one.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #658: Jun 12, 2018 12:06:22 am

If that happened serious questions would also have to be asked of the manager...we've already shown with VVD and Keita that he can't get what he wants he waits until he can...If Shaqiri is the alternative then that is a major change in policy.

I would think they are looking to strengthen even more in other positions if a suitable candidate is not found to replace Fekir.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #659: Jun 12, 2018 01:01:53 am
      For the last time Shaqiri is NOT an alternative to Fekir.

I'm not suggesting he is. I was responding to the suggestion that he might be while Fekir joins one of our rivals. Try to keep up.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #660: Jun 12, 2018 01:03:08 am
      Echo saying today that Lyon pulled the plug.

Thought the Echo said that Liverpool walked away.

I assumed Lyon had pulled the plug from their tweet saying they were ending negotiations.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #661: Jun 12, 2018 01:15:43 am
      Thought the Echo said that Liverpool walked away.

I assumed Lyon had pulled the plug from their tweet saying they were ending negotiations.

Both. Liverpool walked away without announcement, but rumoured to be due to fitness concerns raised in the medical, then Lyon, presumably to save value on the player, made the statement that they had pulled the plug.

If that happened serious questions would also have to be asked of the manager...we've already shown with VVD and Keita that he can't get what he wants he waits until he can...If Shaqiri is the alternative then that is a major change in policy.

I would think they are looking to strengthen even more in other positions if a suitable candidate is not found to replace Fekir.

That was a gamble that paid off. The big question is whether we're in a position were we can afford to take such gambles now? Chelsea are in a state, Arenal are rebuilding, we need to further consolidate our position as a Champions League regular and not every gamble is going to pay off. I'm sure there are other good players out there we can sign this Summer.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      Reply #662: Jun 12, 2018 01:42:08 am

It's Liverpool....you know our luck....it won't pan out that way at all. He will probably play every league game.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #663: Jun 12, 2018 01:48:34 am
      It's Liverpool....you know our luck....it won't pan out that way at all. He will probably play every league game.

It's not luck, its finances. We're not so rich as to be able to afford to take such risks in the market. If they aren't 100% certain on the player, better to have walked away.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #664: Jun 12, 2018 07:27:49 am
      I don't know where people are pulling the missed games due to injury from but here are the facts, taken from transfermarkt.co.uk

2015/16 -   Cruciate Ligament Rupture   - Sep 7, 2015 to Apr 7, 2016 - 213 days - 39 games missed.

2016/17 - Knee Injury - Aug 28, 2016   to Sep 20, 2016 - 23 days - 3 games missed.

2017/18 - Knee Contusion - Feb 26, 2018 to Apr 2, 2018 - 35 days - 7 games missed.

From my understanding of what i have read a deal was done in principle pending the result of the medical. The medical team obviously noticed something problematic or potentially problematic and we tried to restructure the deal based on this observation. This then lead to us pulling out of the deal and Lyon saying they had pulled the plug.

I have absolutely no issue at all with us pulling out of the deal if there were possible or probable concerns regarding the longevity of his knee, all injuries were to his right knee. With his most recent injury coming in the last month it is definitely possible that the bruise hasn't fully healed which is why the medical team were unable to commit to declaring him fully fit.

This is what makes me think the deal is not dead. A bruise can take 2 to 4 months to heal fully and it is possible that we reassess him in a month and go ahead. If we lose him then so be it, i fully back the medical team on this and commend them on bringing this issue to the table, it was obviously of high concern as it completely stopped the transfer.

I would rather wait and see what happens than become impatient and end up with another Daniel Sturridge.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #665: Jun 12, 2018 07:46:53 am
      I don't know where people are pulling the missed games due to injury from but here are the facts, taken from transfermarkt.co.uk

2015/16 -   Cruciate Ligament Rupture   - Sep 7, 2015 to Apr 7, 2016 - 213 days - 39 games missed.

2016/17 - Knee Injury - Aug 28, 2016   to Sep 20, 2016 - 23 days - 3 games missed.

2017/18 - Knee Contusion - Feb 26, 2018 to Apr 2, 2018 - 35 days - 7 games missed.

From my understanding of what i have read a deal was done in principle pending the result of the medical. The medical team obviously noticed something problematic or potentially problematic and we tried to restructure the deal based on this observation. This then lead to us pulling out of the deal and Lyon saying they had pulled the plug.

I have absolutely no issue at all with us pulling out of the deal if there were possible or probable concerns regarding the longevity of his knee, all injuries were to his right knee. With his most recent injury coming in the last month it is definitely possible that the bruise hasn't fully healed which is why the medical team were unable to commit to declaring him fully fit.

This is what makes me think the deal is not dead. A bruise can take 2 to 4 months to heal fully and it is possible that we reassess him in a month and go ahead. If we lose him then so be it, i fully back the medical team on this and commend them on bringing this issue to the table, it was obviously of high concern as it completely stopped the transfer.

I would rather wait and see what happens than become impatient and end up with another Daniel Sturridge.
      Knee contusion is an impact injury. It has nothing to do with what happened years back.

The one thing I fail to understand is if his knee is not good enough at £53M, what makes it better at £45M or less or whatever figure some people at Anfield chose to go with later.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #666: Jun 12, 2018 07:56:39 am
      Knee contusion is an impact injury. It has nothing to do with what happened years back.

The one thing I fail to understand is if his knee is not good enough at £53M, what makes it better at £45M or less or whatever figure some people at Anfield chose to go with later.

Please read the post properly. His last injury was the contusion, that was in February of this year, 3 months ago.

As it is early in the morning i will forgive you for your oversight concerning this matter.  :D :D :D

Quick Reply