Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 168280 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,681 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #690: Jun 16, 2018 01:30:26 pm
      I only saw him today at the World Cup. I know I can't judge him on only one game but if we weren't interested in him, I would say he didn't impress.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #691: Jun 16, 2018 01:37:13 pm
      History is full of players bought off the back of major tournament performances and most have been disastrous
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #692: Jun 16, 2018 02:13:33 pm
      History is full of players bought off the back of major tournament performances and most have been disastrous

Yes. Any targets for the coming season should already have been identified and evaluated based on their long-term club form. The shop window of the World Cup should really only be for fans. Even if someone from out of the blue knocks us off our feet, tread very carefully.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #693: Jun 16, 2018 05:13:41 pm
      Its all well and good in some theories i have read in this thread. A house and now a car. The thing is that we are talking about a human being here and biology is complex. He have played fair amount of games for Lyon for last couple of seasons.

If we backed off because of the medical, fair enough. I understand that we didnt want to take the risk because it all boils down to taking a risk with the money.
      Remember a decade back united bought a teenager for crazy amount of money. Ronaldo. thats also some kind of risk.
      If Fekir keeps performing like he has then some other team will come and pick him up. In transfers, there is always a risk. With some signings there are more risk then others.

But if the people who make desicions, dont want to take the risk then i wont boo them but cant help being a bit dissapointed. I watch bit Ligue 1, (psg, monaco, lyon and marsielle games) and Nabil is quality.

What im trying to say is i understand that people are dissapointed like me, and there is no way knowing if the fekir transfer would have turned good or not. its just a risk we werent willing to take.

Billo, this deal isn't dead yet. There is still a possibility of this deal happening. The fact we had him do an interview and wear the shirt and all that other commercial bullshit shows how committed we were. Part of me thinks this is Lyon playing silly fuckers and the other part thinks we are waiting for his injury to fully heal. He played today so it does seem a bit of a strange one if i'm honest.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #694: Jun 16, 2018 10:24:10 pm
      Billo, this deal isn't dead yet. There is still a possibility of this deal happening. The fact we had him do an interview and wear the shirt and all that other commercial bullshit shows how committed we were. Part of me thinks this is Lyon playing silly fuckers and the other part thinks we are waiting for his injury to fully heal. He played today so it does seem a bit of a strange one if i'm honest.

Agree with the above, any deal going forward would see us pay less with more performance related add on's ... We have our poker face on..
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #695: Jun 16, 2018 10:39:40 pm
      Lets say you were buying a house and the survey comes back saying there are some issues, they are fixable but will cost a bit of money. Now you like the house a lot but it will cost you more than you originally thought to be able to live in the house, would you not try to lower the asking price, it's really not that unreasonable is it. in this case it was just a case of restructuring the payments so less up front and more based on appearances so not that bad, assuming his knee is ok and he plays for us then Lyon still get their money.

Originally gave you a plus 1 for this one, but having seen him come on for France today, i'll fall back to my original point...
      I believe that this was just FSG trying to get the player on the cheap and not down to current injury concerns
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #696: Jun 16, 2018 11:56:08 pm
      Originally gave you a plus 1 for this one, but having seen him come on for France today, i'll fall back to my original point...
      I believe that this was just FSG trying to get the player on the cheap and not down to current injury concerns

Why did you change your mind?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #697: Jun 17, 2018 12:44:59 pm
      Came on for France at the world cup, Could not see the French taking him there if there were injury concerns, and especially not playing him (even if it was as a sub) if those injuries where bad enough that it was a problem in a transfer...

Still liked the way you presented your argument though  ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #698: Jun 17, 2018 12:47:32 pm
      Came on for France at the world cup, Could not see the French taking him there if there were injury concerns, and especially not playing him (even if it was as a sub) if those injuries where bad enough that it was a problem in a transfer...

But we aren't saying he's injured now are we?
      We are worried about the long term situation around his knee

Completely different. You must understand that
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #699: Jun 17, 2018 01:55:34 pm

Of course France would take him if he is fit, if he gets injured long time then it doesn't cost France anything does it, it costs the club.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #700: Jun 17, 2018 03:41:47 pm
      But we aren't saying he's injured now are we?
      We are worried about the long term situation around his knee

Completely different. You must understand that

Yeah I get it to an extent. But its a bit like saying the car that you are thinking of buying had break issues before and that there could be break issues in the future so you want to rearrange the finance agreement just in case that there are issues. or I am I totally wrong here...?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #701: Jun 17, 2018 03:43:51 pm
      Yeah I get it to an extent. But its a bit like saying the car that you are thinking of buying had break issues before and that there could be break issues in the future so you want to rearrange the finance agreement just in case that there are issues. or I am I totally wrong here...?

Car breaks can be replaced as new.

Knees can not.
      Kopite78
      Reply #702: Jun 17, 2018 03:44:03 pm

Yes cause we're not buying a car
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #703: Jun 17, 2018 03:48:47 pm
      Of course France would take him if he is fit, if he gets injured long time then it doesn't cost France anything does it, it costs the club.
      That's my point... If he's fit.

There my have been concerns about his long term fitness, but they may never have arisen in his time at Liverpool. It's all "If" and "Maybe's" and gives the impression it is all Deli Ali-ish, yeah I know; not wages wise but trying to re-negotiate things last second
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #704: Jun 17, 2018 03:57:21 pm
      Car breaks can be replaced as new.

Knees can not.

Yes cause we're not buying a car
      OK... Using Car Breaks may not of been the best example, but the point is still a valid one... Just because you had certain issues in the past it, does not mean you will have those issues in the future, and If we apply this to Fekir, should we not then apply this to every player and say If you have had an injury in the past then you could have that injury again in the future so we then re-negotiate all deals we make in the transfer market

Kopite78
      Reply #705: Jun 17, 2018 04:02:25 pm
      OK... Using Car Breaks may not of been the best example, but the point is still a valid one... Just because you had certain issues in the past it, does not mean you will have those issues in the future, and If we apply this to Fekir, should we not then apply this to every player and say If you have had an injury in the past then you could have that injury again in the future so we then re-negotiate all deals we make in the transfer market

That's why you have medicals and scans to ascertain the level of damage and risk

It's not that difficult lad

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #706: Jun 17, 2018 04:05:39 pm

He's not coming here mate.

He FAILED his medical.

I don't care if he runs around for a few minutes for France injury free in the WC we should not gamble on a major summer signing if the medical team advise against it.

End of.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #707: Jun 17, 2018 05:18:28 pm
      The computer said NO!!!. We rightly expect the very best to come to Anfield now so anything showing up on a Medical hast to cast major doubt on the player
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #708: Jun 17, 2018 05:45:25 pm
      He's not coming here mate.

He FAILED his medical.

I don't care if he runs around for a few minutes for France injury free in the WC we should not gamble on a major summer signing if the medical team advise against it.

End of.

It's not that he failed his medical, he never. But they discovered a bit of scarring on his knee that could affect him in the future, hence the second scan & us trying to renogotiate the fee with Lyon.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #709: Jun 17, 2018 05:56:22 pm
      They say he will stay at Lyon because the cat is out the bag with his potential dodgy knee and his fee will have been reduced significantly.
      I suspect we may well have offered a fee dependant on appearances which makes sense
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 2810 
      Reply #710: Jun 17, 2018 06:23:25 pm

Using your car analogy - if someone told me at the last second that a car I'm trying to buy has a decent chance of breaking down to the point I need a new one in the next five years then I'd probably swerve it and find another car or at the very least I'd try and get that car for cheaper.

I'm really struggling to see how we can blame any of this on the club really, our medical team have done their work and we've taken it on board. Nothing more to it really.
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2018 07:58:12 pm by chats »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,744 posts | 858 
      Reply #711: Jun 17, 2018 09:10:14 pm
      Using your car analogy - if someone told me at the last second that a car I'm trying to buy has a decent chance of breaking down to the point I need a new one in the next five years then I'd probably swerve it and find another car or at the very least I'd try and get that car for cheaper.

I'm really struggling to see how we can blame any of this on the club really, our medical team have done their work and we've taken it on board. Nothing more to it really.
      You are right, but the part where I think we went wrong is when we decided to renegotiate. From what I've seen in the past, the club comes out and calls it a failed medical and that negotiations end there. We're a club struggling to raise enough funds to get our transfer targets in a league where we are fighting clubs with very deep pockets like Chelsea, City, and Utd. We can't lower the fee to 40M as if it was pocket money for us and then watch the guy be Lallana#2. 

In the situation where you still feel like the guy is worth it at a reduced price, then you should come out with a statement saying that you detected a problem that prompted you to renegotiate towards a lower price in order to take into account the risk linked with his knee problem in order to cover yourself in front of the world instead of letting the speculation go wild. 

Of course, when we look back at it, it's easy to say that. The club might be avoiding such a statement in order to protect the player or they might simply be trying to be delicate because there is still talks going on or whatever. For all we know, this knee story might not even be the problem (even tho it really looks like it since day 1).
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #712: Jun 17, 2018 10:58:13 pm
      You are right, but the part where I think we went wrong is when we decided to renegotiate. From what I've seen in the past, the club comes out and calls it a failed medical and that negotiations end there. We're a club struggling to raise enough funds to get our transfer targets in a league where we are fighting clubs with very deep pockets like Chelsea, City, and Utd. We can't lower the fee to 40M as if it was pocket money for us and then watch the guy be Lallana#2. 

In the situation where you still feel like the guy is worth it at a reduced price, then you should come out with a statement saying that you detected a problem that prompted you to renegotiate towards a lower price in order to take into account the risk linked with his knee problem in order to cover yourself in front of the world instead of letting the speculation go wild. 

Of course, when we look back at it, it's easy to say that. The club might be avoiding such a statement in order to protect the player or they might simply be trying to be delicate because there is still talks going on or whatever. For all we know, this knee story might not even be the problem (even tho it really looks like it since day 1).

You explained it better than I could 

Quick Reply