Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 169235 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #92: May 27, 2018 02:05:47 pm
      Suddenly?  It was only itk's who said the deal was alnost done, the echo never went that far, jeez you would think that people would have learnt by now.

Thatā€™s not what Iā€™m saying, I couldnā€™t care less what so called ā€œITKsā€ say or donā€™t say. What Iā€™m saying is heā€™s chosen until this moment, after our defeat to say nothing is close.

I pay no attention to what muppets on Twitter or whatever are saying about transfers.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #93: May 27, 2018 02:10:03 pm
      See I just want more good f**king players..  fed up with this only if he wants to like sh*t

I want winners, depth, quality

They can be selfish horrible cu*ts if they like

Yup.

We need more devil.

Fellas thatā€™d flog their grannyā€™s furniture on gumtree while taking her round the garden centre for a cuppa..........in a fitba sense ;)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #94: May 27, 2018 02:59:55 pm
      And then we get the Coutinho situation, someone always looking for the "bigger and better". Whatever happens happens but I don't have to like being held hostage by guys because of CL or Trophies or whatever.

That's the reality, whether you like it or not. The best players want to play at the best, earn as much as possible, and win as many trophies as they can in their relatively short careers. To pretend there's anything wrong with that is to ignore that this is our main pull for players from RB Leipzig, Southampton, Hull City. They may love their former clubs but they move on to LFC because we are bigger and better. Then our best move on because Real and Barcelona are way better. You can't have a full squad of Gerrards and Tottis, romantic as that may sound.

Not sure if people remember it these days but LFC at one point announced that Gerrard was leaving Liverpool for Chelsea in 2005. In the last minute he changed his mind but I have zero doubt he would have left if we hadn't just won the Champions League. And that's Gerrard we're speaking about.

Fernando Torres was one of the nicest guys to have played for us. Everyone always praised his character, his conduct and so on. Then he left us and we all love to call him a traitor and speak ill of the guy as if he's suddenly become a terrible human being when he was in fact just looking to win something... and guess what, he did, even though he's never been the same player.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #95: May 27, 2018 03:25:18 pm
      Shitty snubbed Sanchez cause he was a money grabbing mercenary.
      He's a good player, and if he had shown a better attitude, think City would've signed him.

Top clubs want top players, but why not try an get ones with the right attitude too.
      As FL said, VVD, top player, but seems to be a top character in with it.

Once Coutinho was more trouble than he was worth, time to get rid, no matter how good he is imho

Want guys who want to be here. Just an opinion..

Coutinho only became trouble because he's reaching his peak as a footballer but has won F**k all in his career. Six months at his new club and he's won a league title. Were we winning stuff he'd still be the nice likeable magician he was said to be.

Don't you guys ever get tired of going through this process of idolising footballers then demonising them? Dont get me wrong, I've been there myself, but after a while you realise the failure is on us, not on the character of every single top class footballer we've had in recent times.
      Kopite78
      Reply #96: May 27, 2018 03:32:40 pm

Don't you guys ever get tired of going through this process of idolising footballers then demonising them? Dont get me wrong, I've been there myself, but after a while you realise the failure is on us, not on the character of every single top class footballer we've had in recent times.

I know what you mean Diego

I don't hate the players anymore that want to leave this current Liverpool because ultimately we don't have the funds to compete with the top clubs. As sad as that is it's the reality

Had we got the finances to bring in 4 or 5 more Torres or Coutinhos then maybe they don't leave because we can live up to their expectations

We have a very good 11, but the reality is in modern football you need a very good 18 plus.. and we don't have the ability to bring that in

So them wanting  to leave to fulfil their ambitions in what is a short career? Can't really blame them truth be told.

Klopp has worked miracles with a limited squad but we don't have the depth of quality to get over the line
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #97: May 27, 2018 03:39:16 pm
      Not sure if people remember it these days but LFC at one point announced that Gerrard was leaving Liverpool for Chelsea in 2005. In the last minute he changed his mind but I have zero doubt he would have left if we hadn't just won the Champions League. And that's Gerrard we're speaking about.

In 2005 it was all about contracts Diego, Steven expected the contract to be sorted days after, while Rick Parry fu**ed off on holiday.

The big move to Chelsea that was supposed to happen was actually the year before we won the European Cup in the summer of 2004, when he was talked around from signing for them by his dad & his wife.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #98: May 27, 2018 03:46:28 pm
      In 2005 it was all about contracts Diego, Steven expected the contract to be sorted days after, while Rick Parry fu**ed off on holiday.

The big move to Chelsea that was supposed to happen was actually the year before we won the European Cup in the summer of 2004, when he was talked around from signing for them by his dad & his wife.

You may be right mate but I do vividly remember an announcement in the club official website that Gerrard had handed in a transfer request, and that was after Chelsea (then under Mourinho) had made an offer for him. Effectively those news came to everyone as "Gerrard is leaving for Chelsea". That was because he was 1. frustrated with lack of success (even after having just won the CL) and 2. because he wanted more money. Eventually he stayed so he's a hero but had he left he'd have become another "money grabbing tw*t" or any other silly name calling that people most recently have used against Coutinho :roll:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #99: May 27, 2018 04:33:13 pm
      Don't you guys ever get tired of going through this process of idolising footballers then demonising them?

Not sure what you mean. Do you think we should've kept Coutinho ?  I don't hate the guy, but don't like the way he wheedled his way out [tho probably a bit hypocritical given I'm delighted we signed VVD who put his club in similar position]
      Just saying yes, I do want quality players, but if at all possible ones who do actually have a desire to play for us. They don't have to be Liverpool fans from birth or that kinda thing - but don't want to play silly beggars with guys F***ing us around either.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #100: May 27, 2018 04:40:19 pm
      Not sure what you mean. Do you think we should've kept Coutinho ?  I don't hate the guy, but don't like the way he wheedled his way out [tho probably a bit hypocritical given I'm delighted we signed VVD who put his club in similar position]
      Just saying yes, I do want quality players, but if at all possible ones who do actually have a desire to play for us. They don't have to be Liverpool fans from birth or that kinda thing - but don't want to play silly beggars with guys f**king us around either.

I meant he was a nice enough fella up until he decided he had to leave the club. And that only happened because he couldnt win anything. And it will happen again if we continue to win F**k all. That doesn't mean he's now suddenly a horrible human being he's just a footballer looking to have the best career he possibly can. Torres was also a model pro until his transfer request; people could stand Suarez racism and biting but as soon as he asked to leave he was a traitor; even Gerrard shirts were burnt when he handed in a transfer request.

We can go on demonising players that want to leave for better clubs or we can get our sh*t together and win stuff. The players we sign from smaller clubs are all looking the best for their careers as well. VvD didnt particularly handle his departure from Southampton with much grace but we don't give a F**k then, do we? It's naive and a bit hypocritical to be honest.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #101: May 27, 2018 05:27:09 pm
      I meant he was a nice enough fella up until he decided he had to leave the club. And that only happened because he couldnt win anything. And it will happen again if we continue to win f**k all. That doesn't mean he's now suddenly a horrible human being he's just a footballer looking to have the best career he possibly can. Torres was also a model pro until his transfer request; people could stand Suarez racism and biting but as soon as he asked to leave he was a traitor; even Gerrard shirts were burnt when he handed in a transfer request.

We can go on demonising players that want to leave for better clubs or we can get our sh*t together and win stuff. The players we sign from smaller clubs are all looking the best for their careers as well. VvD didnt particularly handle his departure from Southampton with much grace but we don't give a f**k then, do we? It's naive and a bit hypocritical to be honest.

Cou and Suarez, when they left I thought it was time. They had been good players for us. And though didn't like how they left, particularly Cou, don't recall demonising them. Torres was a crock when he left anyway.
      So don't think I'm disagreeing with you on that stuff. Top players want to win trophies, and if we're not, and then a side who are come in for a player, I can absolutely understand why the might want to leave. Hard to win things without top players, hard to sign top players if not winning stuff and all that chicken and egg stuff.

But that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about SIGNING guys - and that signing quality players, and signing players who really want to play for us, and are of good character, are not mutually exclusive things.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #102: May 27, 2018 05:39:31 pm
      I meant he was a nice enough fella up until he decided he had to leave the club. And that only happened because he couldnt win anything. And it will happen again if we continue to win f**k all. That doesn't mean he's now suddenly a horrible human being he's just a footballer looking to have the best career he possibly can. Torres was also a model pro until his transfer request; people could stand Suarez racism and biting but as soon as he asked to leave he was a traitor; even Gerrard shirts were burnt when he handed in a transfer request.

We can go on demonising players that want to leave for better clubs or we can get our sh*t together and win stuff. The players we sign from smaller clubs are all looking the best for their careers as well. VvD didnt particularly handle his departure from Southampton with much grace but we don't give a f**k then, do we? It's naive and a bit hypocritical to be honest.

Spot on, seen fans on twatter saying they will boo coutinho next week, just move on ffs, he has so should we, we can laugh when a player does it to join us and moan when they do it to us
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #103: May 27, 2018 05:46:17 pm
      You may be right mate but I do vividly remember an announcement in the club official website that Gerrard had handed in a transfer request, and that was after Chelsea (then under Mourinho) had made an offer for him. Effectively those news came to everyone as "Gerrard is leaving for Chelsea". That was because he was 1. frustrated with lack of success (even after having just won the CL) and 2. because he wanted more money. Eventually he stayed so he's a hero but had he left he'd have become another "money grabbing tw*t" or any other silly name calling that people most recently have used against Coutinho :roll:

That was the year before mate, Chelsea leaked the news to sky and then ran with that stupid yellow bar saying he was off to Chelsea, followed by vids of nobs burning his old no 17 shirt. The year after when we won in Istanbul he was interviewed on the pitch and asked about his contract with him saying something along the lines of it should be sorted in the next couple of days. Rick Parry fu**ed off to the Carribean on holiday, it dragged on & Gerrard got his agent to drop something in the press about Chelsea to kick Parry's arse into gear.

From recollection there was more of a worry of him leaving in 2004 than 2005!!

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #105: May 28, 2018 08:53:36 am
      That was the year before mate, Chelsea leaked the news to sky and then ran with that stupid yellow bar saying he was off to Chelsea, followed by vids of nobs burning his old no 17 shirt. The year after when we won in Istanbul he was interviewed on the pitch and asked about his contract with him saying something along the lines of it should be sorted in the next couple of days. Rick Parry fu**ed off to the Carribean on holiday, it dragged on & Gerrard got his agent to drop something in the press about Chelsea to kick Parry's arse into gear.

From recollection there was more of a worry of him leaving in 2004 than 2005!!

That is how I remember  the situation with Stevie.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #106: May 28, 2018 09:06:35 am
      Wow this thread fairly digressed, to the point I was surprised by Vicks post and reminded that this topic was about Fekir.

So I guess the next few days will give us an idea if he will end up here. All the talk before was that discussions would start following Saturdayā€™s match and we know that Klopp likes to work fast. Would be chuffed if we can get an agreement in place and then we can focus our attentions on other areas of the pitch (ahem, goalkeeper).

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018 09:12:52 am by ConzS »
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #107: May 28, 2018 09:10:52 am
      Wow this thread fairly digressed, to the point I was surprised Vicks post and reminded that this topic was about Fekir.

So I guess the next few days will give us an idea if he will end up here. All the talk before was that discussions would start following Saturdayā€™s match and we know that Klopp likes to work fast. Would be chuffed if we can get an agreement in place and then we can focus our attentions on other areas of the pitch (ahem, goalkeeper).

I know mate. Glad you realized it  :P
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #108: May 28, 2018 11:16:46 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #109: May 28, 2018 01:36:52 pm

Just a rehash of the Lā€™ equippe article no?
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #110: May 28, 2018 02:36:17 pm
      If Klopp really wants this guy then I don't think it would mean a formation change. He is predominantly a No.10, well that's how he is positioned at the moment at Lyon as they play more of a 4 2 3 1 formation. I think it will be more of he will have to adapt to the way we play. Personally with our current players, a 4 2 3 1 would not suit us. When Coutinho played for us he was a winger/No.10 and Klopp had him playing more of a No.8/No.10. So maybe Klopp sees us as playing better this way. He admitted that when Coutinho left we had to adapt to a different way of playing because we didn't have a replacement for Coutinho so I'm guessing Fekir will be just that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #111: May 28, 2018 02:42:22 pm
      If Klopp really wants this guy then I don't think it would mean a formation change. He is predominantly a No.10, well that's how he is positioned at the moment at Lyon as they play more of a 4 2 3 1 formation. I think it will be more of he will have to adapt to the way we play. Personally with our current players, a 4 2 3 1 would not suit us. When Coutinho played for us he was a winger/No.10 and Klopp had him playing more of a No.8/No.10. So maybe Klopp sees us as playing better this way. He admitted that when Coutinho left we had to adapt to a different way of playing because we didn't have a replacement for Coutinho so I'm guessing Fekir will be just that.

So would this guy be an option up front to compliment Mane, Mo and Bobby? If so then he ticks the box for me and if we can get that sorted then its just a GK we need. If we have extra money a CB and another midfielder, DM, please. If we can get all that then next season should be very interesting.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 1099 
      Reply #112: May 28, 2018 03:10:54 pm
      So would this guy be an option up front to compliment Mane, Mo and Bobby? If so then he ticks the box for me and if we can get that sorted then its just a GK we need. If we have extra money a CB and another midfielder, DM, please. If we can get all that then next season should be very interesting.

1. Coutinho replacement
      2. GK
      3. Definsive mid
      4. CB
      5. LB

In that order
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #113: May 28, 2018 03:18:10 pm
      1. Coutinho replacement
      2. GK
      3. Definsive mid
      4. CB
      5. LB

In that order

The first 3 are musts.

But I would prefer another pacy winger over a CB and LB.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #114: May 28, 2018 04:58:22 pm
      1. Coutinho replacement
      2. GK
      3. Definsive mid
      4. CB
      5. LB

In that order

Striker mate. Between keeper and DM on your list for me....

Quick Reply