Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 169000 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #506: Jun 09, 2018 09:48:19 pm
      So what is my FSG agenda mate?

No clue mate, not seen what you’ve been posting.

All I know if you could use journo reports to either say he’s signing tomorrow, he’s close to being signed, he’s failed a medical, passer a medical, Lyon never accepted a bid and probably everything else under the sun.

It’s hard to say exactly what’s happened until the window is closed and even then it’s still hear say.

Last year it was a merry-go-round with Keita, people calling the owners incompetent because they cherry picked journos comments about the deal ‘being off’, then not a word of ‘got that wrong’ after Keita was confirmed. Fekir is this years version I see, and I imagine if he does sign those saying we’ve sh*t the bed won’t retract statements this year either.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #507: Jun 09, 2018 09:49:44 pm
      Bit of a worry none the less. We’ve gone from looking to smash the transfers this year to really take us to the new level but after a good start we now appear to be no closer to a new keeper and this deal is off.

Not good.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #508: Jun 09, 2018 09:54:28 pm
      If this is off the table whats out thete? Meyer? Tallisca??
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #509: Jun 09, 2018 09:56:22 pm
      There's no way the lads injury history is worse than Chamberlain's and a better player too, gutted we've missed out on a gem there.  :f_wah:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #510: Jun 09, 2018 09:56:42 pm
      He came on in the 73rd in our game (USA) and was easily their man of the match. He is the French Coutinho
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #511: Jun 09, 2018 09:58:35 pm
      Won't be surprised if we don't sigh any one if boss can't get player he what's end up give Wilson and wood burn chance
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #512: Jun 09, 2018 10:05:26 pm
      Really disappointing to see this one fall through and I’m desperate to know why it has done. If it was really linked to this knee injury then I can understand pulling the plug on the deal because it’s a lot of money and you have confidence in the player holding up. This fella Aulas is evidently a very difficult person to deal with so I’m willing to give Edwards the benefit of the doubt right now, if the medical had been successfully passed then there should still be a small window for this to still go ahead. In the mean time I am sure there are plenty of other players out there but it’s a blow to cone so close to wrapping this one up and lose it.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #513: Jun 09, 2018 10:09:28 pm
      Shaqiri won't be surprised if buy him cheap and plan b and we buy other player that be it for summer with Wilson and wood burn give chance in preseason
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #514: Jun 09, 2018 10:26:19 pm
      Another wait till January scenario?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4587 
      Reply #515: Jun 09, 2018 10:30:11 pm
      Cynic in me suggest we were really not 100% in for him as we were for Fabinho..

No leaks with the Brazilian but plenty with Fakir..

Maybe FSG tried to low ball Lyon?.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #516: Jun 09, 2018 10:32:43 pm
      I'm going with you on this.

We had enough with Sturridge @ only £12 mill missing more games than he played ... and he had a known history.

I think you are bang on.

There was an unacceptable risk and we weren't going to pay the mazoolahs that Lyon wanted.

Now all thats left is for Lyon to try win the fake news war to ... as you say .... keep his stock up.

F**k Lyon ...f**k the French ...we should play hardball and say it ..... medical didn't come up to scratch. Whether that is fake news or not.   ;D
      The only problem is that if what we're imagining is right then it's too late to come out with the statement because you came back at the negotiation table trying to lowball them which makes us look stupid bc we were actually willing to accept the risk in exchange of a reduced price.

Of course at this point it's all speculation, but based on the info we had all the way up to today, this version sticks better than all the other mentioned.

I mean I wouldn't believe he had an A-okay medical, took the pictures, interview and was on the brink of being anounced only for us to come back at the table with an offer that brings us back at square one after we had essentially wrapped up what everybody described as "hard negotiations with a hard to negotiate with owner"
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #517: Jun 09, 2018 10:33:53 pm
      What a strange couple of days
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #518: Jun 09, 2018 10:37:46 pm
      Just hope buy couple good players for start new season we seem be always short couple players of be very good team maybe win league
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #519: Jun 09, 2018 10:53:58 pm
      Swear it’s only us involved in bizarre transfer sagas like this one.

No idea what’s gone on really but if it’s true that his knee really is fu**ed then we need to be decisive and sack this off and move on to the next one.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,201 posts | 836 
      Reply #520: Jun 09, 2018 10:59:51 pm
      Rory Smith & Maddock saying deal is off unless Lyon change their position and are able to negotiate something new
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #521: Jun 09, 2018 11:06:50 pm
      Fekir obviously failed his medical and all parties are keeping it hush, otherwise it would damage his price tag.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #522: Jun 09, 2018 11:17:48 pm
      Fekir obviously failed his medical and all parties are keeping it hush, otherwise it would damage his price tag.

Well no it’s not obvious at all. He didn’t fail his medical, it’s been said about 100 times that he passed it, the French football president said that Fekir told him he had passed the medical. What would he gain by just making it up?
      Also what would we gain by then keeping it hush? It was made known straight away with Remy he failed the medical so why keep it quiet to benefit them and protect his price tag?

There's no way the lads injury history is worse than Chamberlain's and a better player too, gutted we've missed out on a gem there.  :f_wah:

Was thinking that myself, he’s missed a lot more football over the last couple of seasons than what Fekir has, yet we paid about £40mill for him, in his final year of contract too! Not to mention he’s not even at the level of fekir.

Can’t help but think it’s just Lyon being cu*ts for the sake of it, they were adamant the deal wouldn’t be done before the World Cup, think they’ve done it just so they don’t look like they’ve gone back on their word. He will leave Lyon this summer I think, but it won’t be until France are finished in the World Cup and he hands in a transfer request. Whether it’s for us or somewhere else, I can’t see him staying.
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2018 11:23:23 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #523: Jun 09, 2018 11:21:57 pm
      BBC says that we tried to renegotiate deal with Lyon. Does it mean that we agreed on a deal then went back and said that we want pay less or something? If that is the case then we acted like ameaturs.

And no I don't hate owners, we lost a good player here. I do watch bit Ligue1. He is a tidy player and it IS our loss. Last summer or January. I remember me and Diego was posting about us getting fekir.
      We almost got him but we screwed it up.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #524: Jun 09, 2018 11:55:17 pm
      Devastated about this. I really rate fekir he is such a tidy player. Would have been the perfect replacement for coutinho and I couldn't help but get excited over the thought of our front four next season.

Just as I was about to give some credit to FSG for bringing in Fabinho, Keita AND fekir in one window before selling anybody which is just unheard of under their ownership, this deal collapses.

Is it down to them? Well let's be honest, they've got form for it so it wouldn't surprise me. What does surprise me is how people still heavily defend them.

Hopefully they prove me wrong and if fekir is well and truly dead then they quickly move on to our second target, somebody of similar calibre who demands a similar fee.

I will be absolutely raging if we end up with Lanzini or Shaqiri now.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,436 posts | 3419 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #525: Jun 10, 2018 12:06:23 am
      BBC says that we tried to renegotiate deal with Lyon. Does it mean that we agreed on a deal then went back and said that we want pay less or something? If that is the case then we acted like ameaturs.

And no I don't hate owners, we lost a good player here. I do watch bit Ligue1. He is a tidy player and it IS our loss. Last summer or January. I remember me and Diego was posting about us getting fekir.
      We almost got him but we screwed it up.

Phil mcnulty on the bbc website says we didn't try to renogotiate the deal
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #526: Jun 10, 2018 12:13:30 am
      Phil mcnulty on the bbc website says we didn't try to renogotiate the deal

OH I'm drunk so maybe I read it wrong. Il try to read it tomorrow 😁
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #527: Jun 10, 2018 12:14:29 am
      Devastated about this. I really rate fekir he is such a tidy player. Would have been the perfect replacement for coutinho and I couldn't help but get excited over the thought of our front four next season.

Just as I was about to give some credit to FSG for bringing in Fabinho, Keita AND fekir in one window before selling anybody which is just unheard of under their ownership, this deal collapses.

Is it down to them? Well let's be honest, they've got form for it so it wouldn't surprise me. What does surprise me is how people still heavily defend them.

Hopefully they prove me wrong and if fekir is well and truly dead then they quickly move on to our second target, somebody of similar calibre who demands a similar fee.

We'll Lanzini did his knee the other day so he's hardly an option.

If we sign Shaqiri it won't be as an alternative to Fekir either since then play in different positions.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #528: Jun 10, 2018 12:17:21 am

Mane & Salah weren't initial targets, we'll go after someone else if the Fekir deal is dead in the water.

Quick Reply