Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 167615 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #736: Jun 24, 2018 06:29:41 pm
      Anyone else been following all the snippets from Lyon’s President? Man that dude loves to hear his own voice. Starting to think we didn’t pull out because of a medical but that this guy pulled out trying to drum up a better fee after the WC.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #737: Jun 24, 2018 06:38:02 pm
      Anyone else been following all the snippets from Lyon’s President? Man that dude loves to hear his own voice. Starting to think we didn’t pull out because of a medical but that this guy pulled out trying to drum up a better fee after the WC.

Shot himself in the foot & now has a unhappy player who won't entertain any other clubs but Liverpool, the club now has the leavarge to drive down the fee..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #738: Jun 24, 2018 06:40:13 pm
      Shot himself in the foot & now has a unhappy player who won't entertain any other clubs but Liverpool, the club now has the leavarge to drive down the fee..

Especially if Fekir doesn't feature to much for France
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #739: Jun 24, 2018 06:47:57 pm

I thought the same thing, but all of our "club insiders" have been adamant that we pulled out due to concerns over his knee.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,381 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #740: Jun 24, 2018 08:00:03 pm
      I thought the same thing, but all of our "club insiders" have been adamant that we pulled out due to concerns over his knee.

Should just call his bluff
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #741: Jun 24, 2018 08:25:16 pm
      Now he’s supposedly been hinting at Man United interest. This guys a muppet.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,115 posts | 126 
      Reply #742: Jun 24, 2018 09:27:19 pm
      Perhaps we should pay the full asking price, if Lyon agree to a full refund when he breaks.
      Bit like you would get when buying a pair of shoes or a chair or something.
      That should do it 😂

As with everything in our lives, does the parasites from the insurance have anything to do with this?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #743: Jun 25, 2018 10:09:23 am
      https://mobile.twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/1011153026046943232

Aulas; ”when we decided to stop negotiations with Liverpool.”

Maybe puts a halt to the talk that we were the ones that walked away due to his medical.
      Kopite78
      Reply #744: Jun 25, 2018 10:30:00 am
      https://mobile.twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/1011153026046943232

Aulas; ”when we decided to stop negotiations with Liverpool.”

Maybe puts a halt to the talk that we were the ones that walked away due to his medical.

Depends how you read it mate

It could be that we tried to renegotiate post the medical issues and he walked away and ended the talks because he wouldn't renegotiate
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #745: Jun 25, 2018 01:46:22 pm
      Still think he’ll be signed by August
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #746: Jun 25, 2018 02:53:52 pm
      James Pearce just interviewed stated we pulled out of deal the to worries about his knee, states that we won't be going back in for him but klopp is looking for a Couthino replacement won't be rushed and is prepared to wait for the right person to come along.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #747: Jun 25, 2018 03:34:48 pm
      James Pearce just interviewed stated we pulled out of deal the to worries about his knee, states that we won't be going back in for him but klopp is looking for a Couthino replacement won't be rushed and is prepared to wait for the right person to come along.

Regurgitation of the weekend reports linking us with Asensio.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #748: Jun 25, 2018 04:01:25 pm

There are only so many replacements out there. Don’t know why we always have to “wait” on our targets. Just open up the checkbook and go spend. We can’t go into the season light on numbers for quality players.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #749: Jun 25, 2018 04:12:13 pm
      Depends how you read it mate

It could be that we tried to renegotiate post the medical issues and he walked away and ended the talks because he wouldn't renegotiate

Or it could be that Aulas is trying to protect his investment and painting it like he pulled the plus when it was us all along. Those dueling narratives were present within 48 hours of the deal being stopped.

Personally think we have moved on from Fekir and that the "news" items that keep appearing are smoke and mirrors to drive readership.

But....preseason begins in a week, so if we are buying another attacking mid, should be getting busy. Holiday is over.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #750: Jun 25, 2018 04:19:10 pm
      There are only so many replacements out there. Don’t know why we always have to “wait” on our targets. Just open up the checkbook and go spend. We can’t go into the season light on numbers for quality players.

Because Klopp's purchases so far suggest they're worth the wait? When Van Dijk's talks collapsed at the 11th hour last summer i am glad we waited for him and did not settle for someone else who would not have been as good. I wasn't here then, but in the forum i was at the time there were so many cries of "get someone else in! we cannot go into the season with our current defense!".

I think Keita will have the same effect, where his performance will make it worth the wait and not settle on someone else. If Klopp prefers to wait i have full trust in him that it's the right decision.

Add: Just because we are waiting does not mean we are not willing to "open up the checkbook". Going for 2nd choices like Jonny Evans or Michael Keane (2 names i remember rumored as 2nd options last summer) would have cost about half of what Van Dijk did but we rather wait and pay more for the player that Klopp really wanted.
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2018 04:27:41 pm by CT_LFC »
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #751: Jun 25, 2018 04:55:17 pm
      Regurgitation of the weekend reports linking us with Asensio.

No it was a direct interview with Pearce as ITK go he's got to be one of the most trusted. As such I don't expect us to go back in for this lad unless the price is drastically reduced to offset the risk.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,664 posts | 883 
      Reply #752: Jun 25, 2018 07:05:38 pm
      No it was a direct interview with Pearce as ITK go he's got to be one of the most trusted. As such I don't expect us to go back in for this lad unless the price is drastically reduced to offset the risk.

Maybe the price or maybe our men behind the signings sit down with the boss and they all want to take the risk with fekir.
      you never know.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #753: Jun 25, 2018 07:50:43 pm

Pearce doesn’t get any scoops anymore. He just speculates, club seems to have closed up any leaks to him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #754: Jun 25, 2018 08:27:29 pm
      No it was a direct interview with Pearce as ITK go he's got to be one of the most trusted.

Pearce is no more reliable than anyone else now, find myself less and less interested in what he has to say because the amount of times he clearly comes across as having no idea. If there is anyone worth paying a bit of attention to then it's Reddy.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #755: Jun 25, 2018 08:52:08 pm
      Pearce is no more reliable than anyone else now, find myself less and less interested in what he has to say because the amount of times he clearly comes across as having no idea. If there is anyone worth paying a bit of attention to then it's Reddy.

Follow them both, both tend to break the same stuff Pearce has been first on the latest round of transfers.

But like you said they only get fed what the club wants them to have but both are the only ones I take notice of.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #756: Jun 26, 2018 11:02:55 am
      I've always trusted Pearce, I don't really trust Reddy. I think Reddy just posts stuff as soon as a legitimate source such as Guardian or BBC posted it. She got right obvious things and guesses based on law of averages. She sat next to Klopp once on a photo and all of a sudden people take that as credibility, it's not the case. If Peace says Fekir has a bad knee and we won't be rushed into finding another replacement for Coutinho, I believe that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #757: Jun 26, 2018 09:56:43 pm
      Well as it stands, any hope Aulas had about Fekir's price going up from his performances at the World Cup isn't going to plan. Even when they've rotated the team he's restricted to about 25mins off the bench.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #758: Jun 27, 2018 09:41:39 pm
      Here’s one for those that love a conspiracy theory...if you’d call it that.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Koloholic/status/1011944970482343937

That last numbers are 070618 too, which is of course the day before so called “Fekir Friday”

Await all the so called “ITKs” now jumping on this and saying it will be announced 1st July.

Quick Reply