Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 167820 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1081: Jul 20, 2018 10:18:17 am
      Anything else good in the metro Mate? 😄

No idea it is yourself who seems to have a fixation with the link.

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2018 12:19:22 pm by stuey »
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1082: Jul 20, 2018 11:21:43 am
      Fekir's signing would be the icing on the cake.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1083: Jul 20, 2018 11:27:59 am
      This seals it then!! Our new #10 Ladies & Gentlemen!

https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1020251241815953408
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1084: Jul 20, 2018 11:53:57 am
      Actually love to see Mane in number 10 role.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #1085: Jul 20, 2018 12:17:17 pm

I'd rather have him on wings, where he can use his pace. That's his strong side, pace and acceleration.

OH sorry, did you mean just the shirt nr or typical 10 role. A am/cam?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1086: Jul 20, 2018 12:18:20 pm

Love him where he is
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1087: Jul 20, 2018 12:25:54 pm
      I'd rather have him on wings, where he can use his pace. That's his strong side, pace and acceleration.

OH sorry, did you mean just the shirt nr or typical 10 role. A am/cam?

He looked good for Senegal and Saints when he played AM role so why not try him there?

Play Shaq Bobby and Mo up top.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #1088: Jul 20, 2018 12:28:57 pm
      Fekir's signing would be the icing on the cake.

Yeah, fekir or somebody else who can be the link between our midfield and strikers.
      Somebody creative, at this point. I'm ready to downgrade from fekir to someone else.
      Really want us to win something next season and I fear that our team isn't creative enough. If our front loose their form or get injured then basically we are fu**ed.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1089: Jul 20, 2018 12:30:53 pm
      LFC still in for the lad as the gossip goes with the mancs and RM in the mix, Fekir's preferred club remains LFC.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/989413/Liverpool-transfer-news-Nabil-Fekir-Manchester-United-Real-Madrid-gossip-picks
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #1090: Jul 20, 2018 12:31:11 pm
      He looked good for Senegal and Saints when he played AM role so why not try him there?

His pace. He has been better on the wings. He matured at the wing and his abilities suit him to play at wings.
      He will do alright in middle, because he is a good player but he will do better at wings.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1091: Jul 20, 2018 12:47:03 pm
      Yeah, fekir or somebody else who can be the link between our midfield and strikers.
      Somebody creative, at this point. I'm ready to downgrade from fekir to someone else.
      Really want us to win something next season and I fear that our team isn't creative enough. If our front loose their form or get injured then basically we are fu**ed.

Entirely agree, how many times has one or two injuries completely derailed our campaign?
      The manager saying he is not signing anyone else because now he is happy with the current line up, the 'keeper is a perfect example in that if he takes the knock we are back to square 1, record signings or not.

People can extol our owners all they like but 6 or 7 years of relative mediocre activity in the transfer markets is bound to hit home at some point.
      Happy scouser that I am there is reservation as regards back up and strength in depth, as the previous poster pointed out one injury in a particular area of play could F**k the season irrevocably.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1092: Jul 20, 2018 12:55:04 pm
      I never buy into the Twitter ā€œITKā€ nonsense. But, that Oliver Bond lad seems to only ā€œretweetā€ and post the odd bits and heā€™s been pretty bang on. He was often retweeting the stuff about Alisson over the last few days, but regarding Fekir being a no go, heā€™s not posting anything, only stuff that says we are still in for him. Think he seems as sound as they come on there, still wouldnā€™t take it as gospel though, not by a long shot, just something I noticed like.

But we canā€™t take Klopps word for it either to be honest. He ruled out Ox and said Coutinho would be available for the City game, but he was at Barca by then. Going to be interesting to see what happens over the coming weeks. Regarding our Coutinho replacement, after near on a year of the club probably looking at it, the list seems to start and end with Fekir so I would be surprised if nothing happened.

Regarding the likes of Pearce, King etc, seems like they donā€™t want it to happen so they can just say ā€œI told you soā€.
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2018 12:59:23 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #1093: Jul 20, 2018 01:31:04 pm
      I wonder, if the Fekir deal is still on, would Mane still be getting the #10 jersey? Or is Moreno giving up his 18? Or has Mane simply earned the right to get the bloody number, and who really gives a F**k about speculating to this degree??
      Jrwanderer
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • Team Spirit of Champions
      Reply #1094: Jul 20, 2018 01:42:21 pm
      Is giving Mane the #10 shirt part of a game being played with Lyon, since we were supposed to be reserving it for Fekir!?
      To make it look like we're not fussed anymore and get a better deal?
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #1095: Jul 20, 2018 01:59:00 pm
      Good point!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1096: Jul 20, 2018 02:29:33 pm
      I thought at the time, signing Shaqiri was the end of Fekir coming here. It now looks that way, but the Ox situation has left us a player down, so hopefully JĆ¼rgen and Edwards might think it's with the financial risk.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #1097: Jul 20, 2018 03:28:54 pm
      Is giving Mane the #10 shirt part of a game being played with Lyon, since we were supposed to be reserving it for Fekir!?
      To make it look like we're not fussed anymore and get a better deal?

You have tendency to believe in conspiracy theory my friend.
      Mane wears no. 10 with his national team and when he was with S'oton.
      If Fekir is joining, he doesn't need to wear no. 10 shirt to play as a no. 10.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #1098: Jul 20, 2018 03:31:41 pm
      I simply don't agree with you. As for Alison, I suggest you compare the stats between him and Karius over an eighteen game period. He certainly isn't Ā£67 millions worth of upgrade. It's a ridiculous fee but he'll pull off some decent saves and idiots will claim he's the greatest keeper in the world. Should we upgrade on Karius? Sure but not at the expense of outfield players.

Itā€™s a game of opinions dude! I consider him to be a massive upgrade regardless of the stats. GK has been a problem for the last 6-7 years so I donā€™t necessarily subscribe to the idea that outfield players are of more importance. Iā€™m just delighted we have addressed the situation and gone out and done so in spectacular fashion and once again the chavs (who evidently matched our first bid) couldnā€™t do anything about it.

As for Fekir or another player letā€™s just wait and see what happens.

Oh and as for the stats, some nice ones in this bbc article that paint Alisson in a very nice light indeed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44875174

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2018 03:51:27 pm by Scottbot »
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #1099: Jul 20, 2018 03:37:57 pm
      I thought at the time, signing Shaqiri was the end of Fekir coming here. It now looks that way, but the Ox situation has left us a player down, so hopefully JĆ¼rgen and Edwards might think it's with the financial risk.

Shaqiri is not a direct replacement of Fekir, not a "playmaker" in the type of Coutinho is. Shaqiri tends to operate in the wing. However I think he's versatile enough to play through the middle and he can provide those final through balls for someone else to score. Shaqiri can also hit the ball pretty well from distance/outside penalty box.

Another player who can provide through balls is Naby, as he has just shown last night. So, in term of attacking midfielder, we're quite well covered, hence there are no pressure to push through Fekir deal IMHO.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1100: Jul 20, 2018 03:46:41 pm
      Shaqiri is not a direct replacement of Fekir, not a "playmaker" in the type of Coutinho is. Shaqiri tends to operate in the wing. However I think he's versatile enough to play through the middle and he can provide those final through balls for someone else to score. Shaqiri can also hit the ball pretty well from distance/outside penalty box.

Another player who can provide through balls is Naby, as he has just shown last night. So, in term of attacking midfielder, we're quite well covered, hence there are no pressure to push through Fekir deal IMHO.

Yeah, I didn't mean he was a direct replacement, but he does add squad strength. I was thinking more that his relatively cheap price opened the door four another high price player which turned out to be Allison.
      Fekir would make us very close second favourites behind City, well still be there or thereabouts without him so long as we don't suffer injuries to key attacking players, but its a risk to go into the season hoping that doesn't happen.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1101: Jul 20, 2018 03:50:37 pm
      I've never heard a club interested in buying a player makes them put on the jersey,photo shoots etc etc then pull out the deal.. Granted their maybe a issue with the medical but the club has not officially binned their approach, just waiting on the knob jockey owner of OL to wind his neck in and negotiate a better deal..

I personally don't think the deal is off, we want Fekir but on better payment terms..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1102: Jul 20, 2018 04:20:27 pm
      I've never heard a club interested in buying a player makes them put on the jersey,photo shoots etc etc then pull out the deal.. Granted their maybe a issue with the medical but the club has not officially binned their approach, just waiting on the knob jockey owner of OL to wind his neck in and negotiate a better deal..

I personally don't think the deal is off, we want Fekir but on better payment terms..

Good point, especially seeing as theyā€™d have been aware about the injury and any injuries since.

If he ends up somewhere else, especially another English team, will be disappointed, he could really add something to our side that we are lacking.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1103: Jul 20, 2018 05:35:41 pm
      Do they do part exchange surely Sturridge is worth Ā£30 mil. I still think JĆ¼rgen doesn't want his squad to change too quickly by introducing too many players. This his family he can only do so many Klopp hugs per day.

Quick Reply