Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 167592 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1104: Jul 20, 2018 05:38:32 pm
      Do they do part exchange surely Sturridge is worth Ā£30 mil. I still think JĆ¼rgen doesn't want his squad to change too quickly by introducing too many players. This his family he can only do so many Klopp hugs per day.

Honestly don't think we could get more than 15 mil for Studge...injury record and 1 year left on his contract along with his high wages....just can't see 30.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1105: Jul 20, 2018 05:57:32 pm
      Honestly don't think we could get more than 15 mil for Studge...injury record and 1 year left on his contract along with his high wages....just can't see 30.

didn't think I need a tongue in cheek emoji thingy for that . Nobody can deny Sturridge is a lovely footballer but to take any sort of chance on him would have to be on a loan basis but if someone come in with Ā£15mil I think we would bite their hands off.
      CT_LFC

• 6,798 posts | 1398 
      Reply #1106: Jul 20, 2018 06:50:02 pm

I see his wages being a bigger problem with a loan rather than with a transfer. When a transfer happens doesn't a player negotiate new terms with the buying club? given that, if Sturridge were to give teams the heads up that he's willing to accept lower wages it would not be an issue. However, if he goes on a loan he goes under his current contracted wages, so the receiving team may be adverse at paying him. Last year a desperate WBA team accepted to pay all his wages, so it can happen.
      CT_LFC

• 6,798 posts | 1398 
      Reply #1107: Jul 20, 2018 07:21:22 pm
      Itā€™s a game of opinions dude! I consider him to be a massive upgrade regardless of the stats. GK has been a problem for the last 6-7 years so I donā€™t necessarily subscribe to the idea that outfield players are of more importance. Iā€™m just delighted we have addressed the situation and gone out and done so in spectacular fashion and once again the chavs (who evidently matched our first bid) couldnā€™t do anything about it.

It definitely is. Skills and style wise what we will get out of Alisson will not be that much different than what we got out of Karius last season, certainly not 67M different. Karius performed at a level last season where if Alisson were to replicate his numbers (or close to it) over a full season, we'll probably win the league. What will be MASSIVELY different is the attitude and perception towards each of them.

When Karius' 10 clean sheets and only 14 goals allowed in his 19 games last season have been brought up, some quickly came out saying "oh, it's because of Van Dijk leading the defense". If Alisson finishes his first 19 league games with those stats, i'm pretty sure it'll be because he's world class.

When Danzel (i believe) showed those pretty neat charts / stats about Karius' performance and attributes last season compared to average and other goalies, we heard stats are useless and we cannot compare goalies from different leagues and styles, but when stats are brought up for Alisson they just scream world class.

Alisson will be celebrated and given the benefit of the doubt (at least for a while) as he comes to us labeled as the world class keeper we've needed for a long time. On the other hand, everyone outside the club would be sharpening their pitchforks between games waiting to jump on Karius. After the Tranmere game, between the Echo and ESPNFC, 2 sites i visit for LFC news, there were 4 articles headlined with Karius between them, and that's before looking at social media. For a team with title aspirations, that circus distraction would only take away from the team so i get why a change can be beneficial. You cannot win the league by January, but you can lose it and we need to start with as much positivism as possible and not have Klopp or the other guys on the team having to constantly answer stupid questions and have that dark cloud hanging over the team the first couple months of the season.

So yes, a game of opinions.
      ruthcity

• 6,916 posts | 1475 
      Reply #1108: Jul 20, 2018 07:35:26 pm
      Good point, especially seeing as theyā€™d have been aware about the injury and any injuries since.

Taking a step further, we probably will not be able to look at the player until we put in an indicative bid. So we put it in indicatively but perhaps found that he didnā€™t check off all the boxes which led us to renegotiate and call off that price.

We already had Ings and Ox on long layoffs and cannot afford another at that price. We donā€™t know everything but at least we know there are safeguards in place to minimise risks when doing deals.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #1109: Jul 20, 2018 07:58:13 pm
      Good point, especially seeing as theyā€™d have been aware about the injury and any injuries since.

If he ends up somewhere else, especially another English team, will be disappointed, he could really add something to our side that we are lacking.

As someone said Liverpool invested a lot of time and expense trying to get this deal over the line it was suggested that Liverpool do not abandon players once they have pinpointed them as targets,  they sure as hell dont go as far as a photo shoot and a TV interview.

We all know now the issue with his knee has to be taken into account but the fact the WC was just around the corner put both selling and buying clubs in limbo the guys head would have been scrambled with all that was going on jeez  the punters reading the papers had a hard enough time .

I think it was prudent of Liverpool to say we will come back to it at a later stage and of course reassess our options , listening to quote after quote  from OL President made you wonder what the hell was going on,you could say he was drumming up business more likely that he knew had an unhappy player coming back his dream in tatters.

I think theres a deal still to be done Im hoping so, deferred payments and a few clauses to keep everyone sweet ,if he comes it would be another huge statement by the club in this window ,I think Jurgens a bit of a poker player you dont when when he's bluffing,he leaves others to add in the bits he leaves ,suggesting that our business is over for this window maybe it is ,then again.............     
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2018 08:03:35 pm by Cad1875 »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1110: Jul 20, 2018 08:25:43 pm
      I see his wages being a bigger problem with a loan rather than with a transfer. When a transfer happens doesn't a player negotiate new terms with the buying club? given that, if Sturridge were to give teams the heads up that he's willing to accept lower wages it would not be an issue. However, if he goes on a loan he goes under his current contracted wages, so the receiving team may be adverse at paying him. Last year a desperate WBA team accepted to pay all his wages, so it can happen.

Yes, but the fact of what happened after that will make it happening again less likely. I think Sturridge is now more likely to be with us this season.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1111: Jul 20, 2018 11:03:30 pm
      As someone said Liverpool invested a lot of time and expense trying to get this deal over the line it was suggested that Liverpool do not abandon players once they have pinpointed them as targets,  they sure as hell dont go as far as a photo shoot and a TV interview.

We all know now the issue with his knee has to be taken into account but the fact the WC was just around the corner put both selling and buying clubs in limbo the guys head would have been scrambled with all that was going on jeez  the punters reading the papers had a hard enough time .

I think it was prudent of Liverpool to say we will come back to it at a later stage and of course reassess our options , listening to quote after quote  from OL President made you wonder what the hell was going on,you could say he was drumming up business more likely that he knew had an unhappy player coming back his dream in tatters.

I think theres a deal still to be done Im hoping so, deferred payments and a few clauses to keep everyone sweet ,if he comes it would be another huge statement by the club in this window ,I think Jurgens a bit of a poker player you dont when when he's bluffing,he leaves others to add in the bits he leaves ,suggesting that our business is over for this window maybe it is ,then again.............     

The deal is dead. Alisson's price has put pale to it. Klopp has admitted that he doesn't expect any more transfer business either way this Summer, claiming he has everything he needs. Which we know is politic speak because if we didn't need a player like Fekir, we wouldn't have gone in for him in the first place. Deeply disappointed with this.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1112: Jul 20, 2018 11:14:56 pm
      Gotta agree
      Signing a much needed top keeper, a long sought after and proper defensive midfielder, a box to box midfielder and an option on either flanks doesnā€™t mean you have fixed the gapping hole in the squad of a #10.
      Itā€™s been a fantastic window so far but those signing donā€™t add up to having al we need, as the boss suggested.
      Think there are still some legs in the Fekir story.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #1113: Jul 20, 2018 11:17:47 pm
      The deal is dead. Alisson's price has put pale to it. Klopp has admitted that he doesn't expect any more transfer business either way this Summer, claiming he has everything he needs. Which we know is politic speak because if we didn't need a player like Fekir, we wouldn't have gone in for him in the first place. Deeply disappointed with this.

This has nothing to do with ā€œeither Allison or Fekirā€. Would you stop trying to promote that angle?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1114: Jul 21, 2018 02:34:00 am
      This has nothing to do with ā€œeither Allison or Fekirā€. Would you stop trying to promote that angle?

After one of the best windows in transfer history, the same bullshit is being spouted and our manager having his hands tied in the market.

We bought two midfielders for Ā£100m combined. If Fekir was that vital for Klopp, we wouldā€™ve got him before either of Keita or Fab. We could still get him. But F**k...people will never be happy.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1115: Jul 21, 2018 04:35:36 am
      After one of the best windows in transfer history, the same bullshit is being spouted and our manager having his hands tied in the market.

We bought two midfielders for Ā£100m combined. If Fekir was that vital for Klopp, we wouldā€™ve got him before either of Keita or Fab. We could still get him. But f**k...people will never be happy.

You speak the truth. We believe whatever we want to believe. And some people believe they just want to be unhappy.

Two other things, signing a player, no matter how good he was/is, that is now considered by medical  professionals to be an unacceptable risk for injury, that is not a good thing for a club to do. Signing a player who the manager doesn't believe will be the player he wants to be in a certain role (even if he plays the same position as the risky one), is not good practice for a club that wants to win titles.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1116: Jul 21, 2018 08:21:43 am
      Cant hide the fact that I'm a tad disappointed with Fekir 'possibly' not coming (although we got close to 3 weeks), "we" fans have GOT TO BE satisfied with the ruthless approach Edwards and JĆ¼rgen adopted this summer to address the glaring deficiencies we had in our squad.

"we need a GK", "we need a DM" .. were probably the most used words all of last season !! and guess what we got 2 Samba boys who are one of the best in their respective roles.

If Edwards & JĆ¼rgen believe we got to wait, we wait. If the boss believes we are good, we ARE good!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #1117: Jul 21, 2018 08:37:52 am
      I donā€™t recall us struggling without a ā€œnumber 10ā€ when a certain Brazilian left last season. If anything, we significantly improved.

I think people need to remember that our front 3 are not just strikers or wingers. All 3 are capable of dropping in to deeper positions and unlocking defences. All 3 have attributes similiar to a ā€œnumber 10ā€.

Furthermore, Keita is going to add something that we lacked last season - we seen glimpses of it with Ox - in that he is direct and will carry the ball forward. He also appears to have an eye for a pass.

In all honesty, I would say that the formation and style we play does not allow for a number 10. Klopp found a way of fitting Coutinho in because, letā€™s face it, he was far too good to sit on the bench.

I do wonder what the plan was with Fekir because I just donā€™t see that Klopp would go in to a game with him alongside Keita, Firmino, Mane and Salah. It just seems like a bit of an imbalance.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1118: Jul 21, 2018 08:59:12 am
      Can someone explain why we NEED a #10 when we actually played better after Coutinho left, including being better at breaking down defensive teams?
      Plus why do people think that Keita can't do that role for us and/or Shaqiri?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1119: Jul 21, 2018 09:46:28 am
      Can someone explain why we NEED a #10 when we actually played better after Coutinho left, including being better at breaking down defensive teams?

It's about having options to change things around and give us more variety to our play and strengthen the squad. If people honestly believe we don't need a coutinho/fekir style player at the club then they are sadly mistaken.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1120: Jul 21, 2018 09:47:59 am
      It's about having options to change things around and give us more variety to our play and strengthen the squad. If people honestly believe we don't need a coutinho/fekir style player at the club then they are sadly mistaken.

Those same ones will be complaining when we draw a blank against low block teams.

Kopite78
      Reply #1121: Jul 21, 2018 09:53:47 am

Depth
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #1122: Jul 21, 2018 09:57:44 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1123: Jul 21, 2018 10:12:38 am
      maybe we need to ease the wage bill and let a few go before he can come?. Either way this squad is so much stronger in quality and depth than last season and for many many seasons before
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1124: Jul 21, 2018 10:24:57 am
      maybe we need to ease the wage bill and let a few go before he can come?. Either way this squad is so much stronger in quality and depth than last season and for many many seasons before

We reached the CL final last season with a team screaming for reinforcements...just look at who Klopp added to that team..

Insatiable..

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1125: Jul 21, 2018 10:25:26 am
      Fekir would make this an unbelievable window, but as Walton says, we would need to start selling a few players to free up money for the fee and wages. Migs going would probably be a like for like in wages.
      Can't see Gruic having a future here, to be honest I don't know why he was bought in the first place! Strange transfer.
      DanMann

• 5,693 posts | 880 
      Reply #1126: Jul 21, 2018 10:47:08 am
      Lost interest in this. Can't see it happening, and looks to be one of those classic topics where we endlessly discuss in hope.. but ultimately in vain.

Quick Reply