Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 166330 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1334: Aug 04, 2018 01:39:58 pm
      I still think a deal might be done but it would have to be structured a lot differently and probably lower than before we knew the true state of his knee. There doesn't seem to be much interest from other clubs which either means his knee really is fu**ed or that no one else is interested at the price Lyon are asking.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1335: Aug 04, 2018 01:44:09 pm

eh, F**k it, I can't be arsed  :laugh:
      He's not here, so sod him  :laugh:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1336: Aug 04, 2018 01:47:13 pm
      eh, f**k it, I can't be arsed  :laugh:
      He's not here, so sod him  :laugh:

Exactly. He's not here, he's not coming here (at least this summer) so F**k it. Amazed it's had as much discussion as it has had!

p.s - welcome back ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1337: Aug 04, 2018 01:51:29 pm
      Exactly. He's not here, he's not coming here (at least this summer) so F**k it. Amazed it's had as much discussion as it has had!

p.s - welcome back ;)

Kind of hard to get a proper picture of what went on by reading this thread, but it seems both clubs have kept quiet, and the noise is coming from journo's, as usual.

People seem to love a mystery  :laugh:

Best thing I've done in years is miss most of silly season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1338: Aug 04, 2018 01:54:15 pm
      Exactly. He's not here, he's not coming here (at least this summer) so f**k it. Amazed it's had as much discussion as it has had!

p.s - welcome back ;)

Official statement would have put it to bed which no party has released, which keeps the discussion door open for another 5 days... 😎
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1339: Aug 04, 2018 02:02:25 pm
      That would suggest our medical staff or powers to be don't have a clue... We know the lad had a issue with knee injuries in the past..so let's do a medical first before we do all that promo stuff..

Or is that too easy?.

That’s how I would have handled it, but as far as all the info I’ve seen, that wasn’t the case.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1340: Aug 04, 2018 02:36:24 pm
      Except he passed the medical.

Structuring a deal differently is one thing and would make sense. Walking away from a player who could make a huge impact in our team, on the back of getting 23 goals and plenty of assists as a midfielder last season, doesn’t make as much sense.
      Will find out in little under a week, wouldn’t recommend Fekir getting his hopes up though on it happening. We seemed to be pushing a lot to get this deal to happen so that’s why I don’t understand why we would suddenly walk away so bluntly.

On the plus side, at least if this did go right down to the wire, everything is already in place.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1341: Aug 04, 2018 02:42:04 pm
      Except he passed the medical.

Structuring a deal differently is one thing and would make sense. Walking away from a player who could make a huge impact in our team, on the back of getting 23 goals and plenty of assists as a midfielder last season, doesn’t make as much sense.
      Will find out in little under a week, wouldn’t recommend Fekir getting his hopes up though on it happening. We seemed to be pushing a lot to get this deal to happen so that’s why I don’t understand why we would suddenly walk away so bluntly.

On the plus side, at least if this did go right down to the wire, everything is already in place.
      They didn’t have an issue with the knee as it stands now, what they had an issue with the way I understand it is with the type of surgery that was used to repair it. It wasn’t the best repair work and could leave the knee susceptible to future degradation.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1342: Aug 04, 2018 03:46:34 pm
      He never failed a medical..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1343: Aug 04, 2018 03:52:37 pm

Well what happened then?
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1344: Aug 04, 2018 04:55:09 pm

Me knowing "what went wrong" isnt likely because I mentioned one of the few actual quotes of this saga..?

His agent actually quoted that he didn't fail the medical?

I've no idea about the complexities at all. In times like this with copious amounts of media bullshit and, our now tight lipped club, I simply watch for actual quotes to give mild insight..

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1345: Aug 04, 2018 05:30:03 pm
      They didn’t have an issue with the knee as it stands now, what they had an issue with the way I understand it is with the type of surgery that was used to repair it. It wasn’t the best repair work and could leave the knee susceptible to future degradation.

Would something like that not just be down to interpretation though? Just because his knee was operated on in a different way to how they’d usually expect it to be, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not been done just as effectively. The fact he’s come back so strong from it I think is a positive sign, I can’t think of many players from the Premier League having a similar injury and coming back this well.
      Look how we send Lallana off to Qatar, America and Christ knows where for his injuries in the last year and what happens...injured again, same with Sturridge, Gomez, Matip etc. Every player has a risk of injury, shouldn’t be put off just because a player was treated in a different way to how we would want it done.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1346: Aug 04, 2018 05:31:50 pm
      46 pages? Thought this was dead on page 20..  ;)

Have I missed anything?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1347: Aug 04, 2018 06:00:38 pm
      46 pages? Thought this was dead on page 20..  ;)

Have I missed anything?

No.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1348: Aug 05, 2018 02:07:59 pm
      Wait....so Klopp can't have Fekir because he's not allowed to spend the money?

I don't think that's even remotely true.

Klopp wanted VVD....Southampton slapped us on the wrist and told us to buzz off. Klopp could have bought someone else instead he waited till the winter and went back in and made him the most expensive defender ever.

Klopp wanted Kieta. RB wouldn't sell....so instead of getting someone else he waits and makes a deal for a transfer a year away because he doesn't want an alternative to Keita.

Fekir had a knee injury and seemingly is healed and good to go. Except when our doctors took a look at the knee, they realized that the operation to fix the injury was not performed correctly and the likelihood that further injury may occur is higher than you'd like for a player that costs that much. So he looks at the other options out there (not sure who they even are to be honest, other than Pulisic) and decides he's going to go with who he's got (Dybala isn't going anywhere).

I don't think it's that far fetched. I wanted us to get Fekir as much as anyone and I'd be wiling to say screw it, just spend the money, but it's not my money so it's easy for me to say that. I don't think Klopp is playing games when he says he's ok with our team. It's not how I'd do things, but he's the boss and he's the one whose head will be on the block. If it were me, I'd go in for Dybala or Pulisic and I'd also go grab another CB as well.

I think the only reason we'd be waiting on outgoings is for the total bodies, not the financials. We simply can't bring anyone else in unless we shift out some dead weight (Origi, Marko, Ings, etc....).

So you are confident the manager does not want back up for Mo!?
      Any top flight manager to say nothing of the millions who saw the game would conclude that LFC were facing a mountain to climb when Salah was grievously bodily harmed and taken off.

Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #1349: Aug 05, 2018 02:20:15 pm
      So you are confident the manager does not want back up for Mo!?
      Any top flight manager to say nothing of the millions who saw the game would conclude that LFC were facing a mountain to climb when Salah was grievously bodily harmed and taken off.

Back up to Mo? They are 2 completely different players.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1350: Aug 05, 2018 02:59:30 pm

In what context exactly?
      Birth signs?
      Favourite colours?

He is used by Lyon both as an attacking midfielder or an out and out forward, does not Salah play in a forward position?
      Barring differences in musical tastes also Fekir could slot in if Mo is assaulted again.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1351: Aug 05, 2018 03:00:37 pm

The only backup equivalent to Mo would be someone like Messi or Ronaldo, ie mega mega bucks.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1352: Aug 05, 2018 04:12:11 pm
      Oh, I read very well thanks.
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Money is spent..  no more available

Not saying we don't have anymore just we won't spend anymore

So clearly not
      Kopite78
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1354: Aug 05, 2018 05:50:02 pm
      In what context exactly?
      Birth signs?
      Favourite colours?

He is used by Lyon both as an attacking midfielder or an out and out forward, does not Salah play in a forward position?
      Barring differences in musical tastes also Fekir could slot in if Mo is assaulted again.

Fekir and Mo are not like for like. One’s a mid, one’s a winger.

Shaq is more a backup to Mo.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1355: Aug 05, 2018 05:57:39 pm
      Money is spent..  no more available

Not saying we don't have anymore just we won't spend anymore

So clearly not

Those 2 statements are contradictory.

We have the money (for the tenth time), if we don't spend it, it's because Klopp doesn't want to.
      I don't know why that is so hard for you to understand.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1356: Aug 05, 2018 05:59:31 pm
      Fekir and Mo are not like for like. One’s a mid, one’s a winger.

Shaq is more a backup to Mo.

Explain - Fekir is used as an attacking midfielder or full on striker by Lyon.
      Whatever disingenuous label you put on Salah he is one of the most gifted strikers I have seen in several decades.

Quick Reply