Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 166294 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1358: Aug 05, 2018 06:05:23 pm
      In what context exactly?
      Birth signs?
      Favourite colours?

He is used by Lyon both as an attacking midfielder or an out and out forward, does not Salah play in a forward position?
      Barring differences in musical tastes also Fekir could slot in if Mo is assaulted again.

Back up... Would suggest a similar style player who is just not as good as we have, Fekir wears a football kit that's the only similarity to Mo, he has no pace doesn't play wide and can't beat a man with a trick apart from that yeah your right. However as a number 10 who can spot a pass Fekir is a decent player.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1359: Aug 05, 2018 06:16:38 pm
      Explain - Fekir is used as an attacking midfielder or full on striker by Lyon.
      Whatever disingenuous label you put on Salah he is one of the most gifted strikers I have seen in several decades.
      Fekir is not a striker. I’m not sure where you are getting that. And Mo is not an attacking Mid in any way shape or form.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1360: Aug 05, 2018 06:19:16 pm
      Those 2 statements are contradictory.

We have the money (for the tenth time), if we don't spend it, it's because Klopp doesn't want to.
      I don't know why that is so hard for you to understand.

I don't know what's so hard for you to understand either

Well I do but that's just you
      Kopite78
      Reply #1361: Aug 05, 2018 06:26:42 pm

It's basically an emphatic use of the word regardless

So it can be used where I did
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1362: Aug 05, 2018 06:27:50 pm
      Guys please...

when there's a sudden surge of posts in this topic, I view the thread in slight hope of a new development... you get me every time.

:'(
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1363: Aug 05, 2018 06:29:31 pm
      I don't know what's so hard for you to understand either

Well I do but that's just you

I think the name change made you even more stupid.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1364: Aug 05, 2018 06:33:53 pm
      I think the name change made you even more stupid.

😂

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1365: Aug 05, 2018 06:41:32 pm
      It's basically an emphatic use of the word regardless

So it can be used where I did
      The prefix and suffix cancel each other out. Not that it’s important, just an observation.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1366: Aug 05, 2018 09:44:51 pm
      Those 2 statements are contradictory.

We have the money (for the tenth time), if we don't spend it, it's because Klopp doesn't want to.
      I don't know why that is so hard for you to understand.

It's called a shtick

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1367: Aug 05, 2018 09:53:08 pm
      46 pages? Thought this was dead on page 20..  ;)

Have I missed anything?

Apparently 26 pages  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1368: Aug 05, 2018 09:57:43 pm
      Back up... Would suggest a similar style player who is just not as good as we have, Fekir wears a football kit that's the only similarity to Mo, he has no pace doesn't play wide and can't beat a man with a trick apart from that yeah your right. However as a number 10 who can spot a pass Fekir is a decent player.

Entirely your perception.
      "Back up" in the context of Mo Salah would be a player who had the qualities to replace our man's scoring achievements and threaten so preventing a total collapse as in the CL final.
      Salah does not play wide, has no reason to have any real pace but does possess an amazing gift for wrong footing the opposition and anticipating positional movement, hard act to follow but in the manager's opinion Fekir could possibly do a job for us.
      « Last Edit: Aug 06, 2018 10:27:29 am by stuey »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1369: Aug 05, 2018 11:19:51 pm
      Explain - Fekir is used as an attacking midfielder or full on striker by Lyon.
      Whatever disingenuous label you put on Salah he is one of the most gifted strikers I have seen in several decades.

Spot on stuey,if Salah had just been used as an out and out winger I doubt he would of scored so many goals last season.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1370: Aug 06, 2018 02:53:59 am
      You've gone from "we have no money left" in the owners thread, to "we have no money left" in this thread, to "we won't spend any more", all after being shown we actually do have the money.
      Saying "we have no money left" is a definitive statement, so not really an opinion.

But OK, that's not trying to spin a narrative.
       :laugh:

Enjoy the season  :laugh:

We all know we have the money. Whether the owners will spend it is a completely different story though.

Even after this summer where they've supposedly heavily backed Jürgen, our net spend under klopp is still considersbly low.

Really does baffle me all of this 'FSG will give klopp whatever he wants but if we don't sign anybody or spend any money then it's ALL because of klopp, not the owners'

Seriously, what planet are some of you on?
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #1371: Aug 06, 2018 08:47:06 am
      We all know we have the money. Whether the owners will spend it is a completely different story though.

Even after this summer where they've supposedly heavily backed Jürgen, our net spend under klopp is still considersbly low.

Really does baffle me all of this 'FSG will give klopp whatever he wants but if we don't sign anybody or spend any money then it's ALL because of klopp, not the owners'

Seriously, what planet are some of you on?

It's called opinions mate, and everyone has one right.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1372: Aug 06, 2018 10:02:40 am
      Spot on stuey,if Salah had just been used as an out and out winger I doubt he would of scored so many goals last season.

Really don't know which player he is confusing with Mo, maybe Ian Callaghan (my grandson's name) or Steve Heighway but it certainly is not Mo Salah teararsing down the wing.
      Wouldn't mind Cally or Stevie doing the business now Bill, certainly add a dimension to our game.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1373: Aug 06, 2018 10:25:50 am
      Really don't know which player he is confusing with Mo, maybe Ian Callaghan (my grandson's name) or Steve Heighway but it certainly is not Mo Salah teararsing down the wing.
      Wouldn't mind Cally or Stevie doing the business now Bill, certainly add a dimension to our game.

It could be Chris Lawler the very first wing back in the world thanks to the Maestro Bill Shankly.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1374: Aug 06, 2018 10:28:45 am
      It could be Chris Lawler the very first wing back in the world thanks to the Maestro Bill Shankly.

We can only dream mate.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1375: Aug 06, 2018 10:37:44 am

Replacing TAA or Robertson?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1376: Aug 06, 2018 10:43:34 am

The posts are player comparisons not player replacements,I happen to regard TAA and Robbo very highly.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1377: Aug 06, 2018 10:47:02 am
      The posts are player comparisons not player replacements,I happen to regard TAA and Robbo very highly.

I didn't mean it antagonistically, I genuinely don't know whether he was left or right sided ;-)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1378: Aug 06, 2018 11:06:33 am
      I didn't mean it antagonistically, I genuinely don't know whether he was left or right sided ;-)

Chris Lawler was a right back,he scored 41 goals for us and none from penalties.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1379: Aug 06, 2018 11:10:34 am
      Chris Lawler was a right back,he scored 41 goals for us and none from penalties.

Lets hope TAA can achieve the same

Quick Reply