Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 166399 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1380: Aug 06, 2018 12:51:41 pm
      Im sure there's money floating around the club if we wanted this deal to happen we could make it happen.

On the original terms obviously we dont see the value.

It's my opinion that once the Fekir deal died for whatever reason we looked at strengthening our weak goalkeeper instead. Just my opinion, could be wrong, could be right but no clever word play will change my mind on either side.

We've done exactly as I wanted and have wanted for years. Bought key players in problem areas. If we come up short this season the FSG can't be faulted really.

Realistically i can only see City getting in our way this year.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1381: Aug 06, 2018 01:30:46 pm
      Im sure there's money floating around the club if we wanted this deal to happen we could make it happen.

On the original terms obviously we dont see the value.

It's my opinion that once the Fekir deal died for whatever reason we looked at strengthening our weak goalkeeper instead. Just my opinion, could be wrong, could be right but no clever word play will change my mind on either side.

We've done exactly as I wanted and have wanted for years. Bought key players in problem areas. If we come up short this season the FSG can't be faulted really.

Realistically i can only see City getting in our way this year.

The Alisson transfer and Fekir were not connected, we negotiated the Alisson fee down from an initial £90m, that and the world cup are the only reasons it took so long.
      I personally think the Shaquiri transfer may have been a bit of a stop gap/backup signing to Fekir until our #2 or #3 target becomes available or perhaps Shaquiri was then #2 option, irrespective of transfer cost.
      In any case I think we look very good for this season and barring injury nightmares we should be able to push Citeh very hard.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #1382: Aug 06, 2018 09:01:23 pm
      Spot on stuey,if Salah had just been used as an out and out winger I doubt he would of scored so many goals last season.

He wasn't but he had the ability to play on the wing as all our forward line had hence their fluidity, Fekir has never played there not quick enough to play there hence cannot be classed as a back up, not rocket science.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1383: Aug 07, 2018 03:10:13 am
      It's called opinions mate, and everyone has one right.

It's not opinion though is it.

Since FSG have been here we've had three managers under their ownership (unfair to include owl before some smart arse pipes up) and our net spend has always been extremely low. At times it's even been negative.

So I can't help but laugh when people continually say things like 'If we don't sign anybody or spend the money then its all because of Klopp'.

As I previously asked, what planet are some of you on?

I don't remember FSG giving any of our managers an open cheque book ever so the above statement is a bizarre one to make. It makes zero sense.

If you offered klopp a world class number 10 and a world class centre half (two positions I feel we need to strengthen on if we are going to challenge city) then I'm pretty sure he would snap your hand off and take them so if we don't sign anybody else, or spend any more money, then I highly doubt its because of klopp and I'm fairly certain it's because we had no money left in the budget klopp was given at the start of the transfer window.

Was that budget enough? Well we've spent around 160m this window. Klopps net spend now stands at around 114m. That works out at around 38m a season. We also have half a dozen or so players who we're trying to ship out so those numbers will decrease too.

The club, during klopps management, has made an absolute fortune. So yes, we've spent some money this window, but it's been long overdue and there's no reason why our budget this summer couldn't have been higher. Much higher actually.

Im still left frustrated as a fan because I still don't think we have enough to win the league. I feel as if we're close but we're still missing those final pieces of the jig saw and there's no reason why we can't go out and get them.

I just hope we announce a major signing or two this week and only then will I start to credit our owners.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1384: Aug 07, 2018 05:50:39 am
      Im with you on your opinion of our owners
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1385: Aug 07, 2018 07:54:41 am
      23 goals last season. Is that really something we are going to pass up on without even so much as aiming for an alternative that would have been on the list of players? Obviously no guarantee he would hit that total for us but Klopp would have been looking at the number of goals and a midfielder getting that many is clearly a player that would add a lot. If there is an alternative then wouldn’t surprise me if it is Pulisic in a years time.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1386: Aug 07, 2018 09:08:11 am
      23 goals last season. Is that really something we are going to pass up on without even so much as aiming for an alternative that would have been on the list of players? Obviously no guarantee he would hit that total for us but Klopp would have been looking at the number of goals and a midfielder getting that many is clearly a player that would add a lot. If there is an alternative then wouldn’t surprise me if it is Pulisic in a years time.

I still want this lad but can't see it happening. I hopw I'm wrong but I think Lallana's days are numbered here. He is 30 and injury prone, Ox is out for the season and Fekir seems the ideal signing.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1387: Aug 07, 2018 09:23:02 am
      Looks like Chelsea are interested now.

Will be interesting to see what club he's at on Friday.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1388: Aug 07, 2018 11:41:50 am
      Looks like Chelsea are interested now.

Will be interesting to see what club he's at on Friday.

Can’t they identify their own targets this year? Doing a Spurs
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1389: Aug 07, 2018 12:23:12 pm
      This thread still rambling on? This is the new Clint Dempsey thread ;D
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1390: Aug 07, 2018 12:42:58 pm
      This thread still rambling on? This is the new Clint Dempsey thread ;D

That being said I would not at all be surprised if Spurs come in for him too - a top player who clearly wants to leave.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1391: Aug 07, 2018 01:11:41 pm
      That being said I would not at all be surprised if Spurs come in for him too - a top player who clearly wants to leave.

I'd be pissed off if he went to one of our competitors, well until his knee gave in that is. In all seriousness other clubs would be mental to go for him now, it is well known we wanted him and he wanted to come to us but that it broke down due to issues found in the medical, if that does not set alarm bells ringing for all clubs then I'd be very surprised. I feel bad for the lad though, his career is fu**ed for a little bit, but at least he gets CL with Lyon.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #1392: Aug 08, 2018 10:21:18 pm
      Good situation for Jürgen. Let Fekir prove his health till January, let's see if our midfield proves competitive. If Yes and No we can always pull a VVD-like move on him in the winter transfer window, otherwise we simply don't need him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1393: Aug 09, 2018 10:48:57 am
      Good situation for Jürgen. Let Fekir prove his health till January, let's see if our midfield proves competitive. If Yes and No we can always pull a VVD-like move on him in the winter transfer window, otherwise we simply don't need him.

How is going injury free until Jan going to make any difference? He was virtually ever present last season! It’s not the short term that’s apparently the issue.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1394: Aug 09, 2018 04:03:47 pm
      58 mins & we will discover if we 100% pulled out of the deal or we go back for Fekir in Jan..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1395: Aug 09, 2018 04:10:39 pm
      58 mins & we will discover if we 100% pulled out of the deal or we go back for Fekir in Jan..

Last minute panic sale by Lyon, perhaps the whole pulling out was just to get the price down and scare other clubs off, would be very Machiavellian :-)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1396: Aug 09, 2018 04:23:59 pm
      Last minute panic sale by Lyon, perhaps the whole pulling out was just to get the price down and scare other clubs off, would be very Machiavellian :-)

The fact that no other club has come in for him or any further info from respective clubs is telling..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1397: Aug 09, 2018 04:26:47 pm
      The fact that no other club has come in for him or any further info from respective clubs is telling..

I agree but what an amazing fake it would be from us if there actually wasn't anything wrong with Fekir but we just acted like there was to unsettle the player and push down the value, that would be genius/evil level transfer dealing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1398: Aug 09, 2018 04:35:15 pm

If we pulled out it was because of medical so we wouldn't be going back in January.

This one's over.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1399: Aug 09, 2018 05:01:58 pm
      Damn, we didn't sign Fekir!!! Maybe in January :D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1400: Aug 09, 2018 05:26:06 pm
      European league are still open for business only the EPL have closed today.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1401: Aug 09, 2018 05:27:09 pm
      It could be Chris Lawler the very first wing back in the world thanks to the Maestro Bill Shankly.

along with Tommy Lawrence the sweeper keeper seen it before mate haven't we.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1402: Aug 09, 2018 05:33:22 pm
      European league are still open for business only the EPL have closed today.

There weren't any European clubs showing interest though, only us and Chelsea (if you believe their journos).

This kid is tainted now. Any club is going to wonder why we pulled out and will likely be cautious as well. Sucks for him, that's for sure.

Quick Reply