Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (4%)
      Andy Robertson
      23 (23%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      13 (13%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (10%)
      Dominic Solanke
      10 (10%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      23 (23%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (4%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)
      Ben Woodburn
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: May 17, 2018 04:49:17 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20735 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: May 13, 2018 07:17:10 pm
      If we had started the season with Karius, VVD and Robbo established we would have conceded at least 10 less goals and probably more. No one can stress just how massive a gulf it was to not have VVD and have Mignolet and Moreno in Karius and Robbo's place. All three a considerable upgrade and stealthily included across the season without fanfare by Klopp.

It's easy to forget that we sold Coutinho in the middle of it all.

sold who?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #369: May 13, 2018 07:19:52 pm
      not sure. Think we did sell some midfielder that cried a lot and couldn't defend, so got changed into a low scoring foward.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #370: May 13, 2018 07:24:58 pm

Christ know how i am top of the prediction league
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #371: May 13, 2018 07:26:56 pm
      Robertson would have been my MOTM but went with Mo for his record breaker.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #372: May 13, 2018 07:27:18 pm
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #373: May 13, 2018 07:32:50 pm
      If we had started the season with Karius, VVD and Robbo established we would have conceded at least 10 less goals and probably more. No one can stress just how massive a gulf it was to not have VVD and have Mignolet and Moreno in Karius and Robbo's place. All three a considerable upgrade and stealthily included across the season without fanfare by Klopp.

It's easy to forget that we sold Coutinho in the middle of it all.

Six goals less between the time before they were in the side and after. I dare say more than a few of those draws would have been wins if we had.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #374: May 13, 2018 07:45:57 pm
      Robertson would have been my MOTM but went with Mo for his record breaker.

Same. Andy was the best player on the pitch today and it was hard not to vote my mans MOTM. However, Mo was damn good aswell and how do u not give it to him for the record.

I will never stop bringing up that my boy who is a Hull fan said to me that we were getting a steal on Robbo before the season started. Still, I don’t think even he could have predicted this....
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #375: May 13, 2018 07:55:19 pm
      Same. Andy was the best player on the pitch today and it was hard not to vote my mans MOTM. However, Mo was damn good aswell and how do u not give it to him for the record.

I will never stop bringing up that my boy who is a Hull fan said to me that we were getting a steal on Robbo before the season started. Still, I don’t think even he could have predicted this....
      Good eye for a player. What’s he doing supporting Hull though  :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #376: May 13, 2018 08:01:28 pm
      Should we let a comfortable result hide the fact that Kevin Friend was atrocious today? Certainly not. Struggle to recall a period of time comparable to the awful refereeing in the last few weeks and Friend very much continued that today.

You can't not let the dire, scummy levels of refereeing that defines English officiating go unnoticed. In fact I don't think I can remember a more appalling season of refereeing as this year. FA needs to get fu**ed.
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2018 01:43:28 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #377: May 13, 2018 08:03:15 pm
      I voted Virgil as my MOTM as I thought he was just immense, winning every header and some of his long range passes were top drawer. He's even venturing forward with the ball more which I like.
      His massive strides just outrun any Brighton forward runs.
      He's gonna be so crucial to us in Kiev.

Loved our constant pressure today and although a bit frustrating in those first 25 minutes the first goal was inevitable.
      Saying that we should've been 3-0 up by then with Mane's sitters and a defo shout for a pen Mo.
      Delighted for Andy Robertson with his debut goal.

So, boys and girls thats it for another Premier League season.
      A wee bit scary of the fact we ended 25 points behind the winners but hey ho we'll be up there next year mark my words.

Brilliant performance today from the lads and the perfect pick me up for the final.

:kop5cf8koxp6:

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #378: May 13, 2018 08:22:34 pm
      Well, that day worked out well :)

We were at the game from the very start, urgency and pressure on Brighton, we could've easily been 4 or 5 up by half time. So many chances - the one were Mane and Mo were both in on goal, and managed to let the keeper grab it, should've been another one :)
      Thought Mane played really well, looked pacy and sharp, and Mo was back to his normal self, looked confident and got his goal/assist. Bob had a fair few chances, but wasn't his day for finishing.

Great to see Jürgen try something a bit different with Solanke AND the 3 lads, made a difference and we created loads - lots of bodies forward. Might have worked in some of the previous games, but anyway, we did it today when we needed to.
      Good to then see Solanke get one and Robertson deserved his goal after a super season for him - WHAT a bargain and a find he's been.
      Hendo and Gini did well in the middle, Gini imho the pick of the two, looks confident at the minute.
      Solid day at the back, another clean sheet - and Dejan took his header well to make things comfortable at 2-0.

And then after the game, in the sunshine, Mo getting all his awards [his wee girl keeping the crowd entertained :)] - then the players walking round the pitch - top4 sorted - perfect end to the day :)
      Could have finished 3rd, hairs breath with Spuds, and we would have if we had no distractions like them.  Doesn't matter a whole lot - have Champions League football to look forward to again next year which was the main thing today.

Delighted for the players. Delighted for Jürgen.
      We can roll on into the CL final now and even if we loose, will have been a good season. But absolutely no reason why we can't win it :)

YNWA!!

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      Mrgavin
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Hyyvshhxng
      Reply #379: May 13, 2018 08:24:23 pm
      Robertson outstanding, 1 of the bargains of the season...

Mo salah's personal trophy cabinet must be under severe pressure..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #380: May 13, 2018 09:29:07 pm
      I went for young Trent I cant help myself. This lad is 19 years old and puts a cross in from way back better then anyone I can remember.
      Character wise he had a few stinkers but Jürgen kept with him and he just performs to a standard way above his years. Anyone remember young Andre Wisdom he had a stinker in the first half of the Derby and he was taken off at halftime and he never seemed to get over it.
      We now have two fullbacks that can defend and attack and they could be here for the next 10 years.
      The first Xl today are very close to being incredible what we need now is more depth we shouldn't have had to put out such a strong side as we did today I hope JH and Co take note
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #381: May 13, 2018 10:08:49 pm
      Nice cap to the season there. Proper effort to take care of business and it was never in doubt. I actually went with Mane for motm. I know He made a couple of bad decisions, but he honestly was unplayable and created a ton of space for his teammates and drove their defenders mad. Truth be told, you could have picked three or four guys and not been without cause. Really good performance, I think they did show some nerves early which contributed to the lack of sharpness in front of goal. But also easily one of the worst officiated games we've played in all year and that's truly, truly saying something. The FA has to do something about the level of officiating that's being presented...it's a joke and honestly a poor reflection on the greatest football league in the world. Happy for Mo, happy for Dejan, happy for Dom and happy for Robbo. Really fitting goal scorers today all things considered. And with Dom, what a way for him to end his season, hopefully will  propel him to improve and really push to be a factor next season. So sad that the season is over, but the bonus is surely that we have the biggest game of the season still yet to be played.

We are going to win it aren't we?

Number 6.......
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #382: May 13, 2018 10:50:22 pm
      Really impressive stuff, a week of rest seems to have done us wonders.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #383: May 13, 2018 10:58:22 pm
      Chris Hughton’s record against us must be truly truly woeful.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #384: May 13, 2018 10:59:50 pm
      Should we let a comfortable result hide the fact that Kevin Friend was atrocious today? Certainly not. Struggle to recall us being on the end of such awful refereeing in the last few weeks as we've had and Friend very much continued that today.

You can't not let the dire, scummy levels of refereeing that defines English officiating go unnoticed. In fact I don't think I can remember a more appalling season of refereeing as this year. FA needs to get fu**ed.
      I totally agree with you the REF was diabolical,they should take his whistle off him. (useless tw*t) However back to our glorious REDS who have done us proud this season,well done to Jürgen and the lads.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #385: May 13, 2018 11:38:20 pm
      Yeah, especially when the ref knew Mo was gonna be taking any penalties we got today so to secure the golden boot, yet down the M6 prince Harry was doin his best to claim it by knockin in couple.
      Makes you wonder doesn't it.. :f_tongueincheek:
      ah well the spuds might have their lanky prince but we've got a Golden King ! :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #386: May 13, 2018 11:45:08 pm
      A fantastic response to the disappointing loss to Chelsea and a great result leading up to the final of the CL.
      2 weeks of rest and training now and then it's our chance to get #6
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #387: May 14, 2018 01:38:30 am
      Collective Sigh Of Relief .

No injuries.

Lallana back and had a run out. Can could be OK.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #388: May 14, 2018 07:19:34 am
      Does 4th place mean we have to play a qualifier for CL?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #389: May 14, 2018 07:51:35 am
      Does 4th place mean we have to play a qualifier for CL?

Nope. Straight in
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #390: May 14, 2018 07:52:33 am
      I personally am our teams biggest critic at times. Yesterdays performance was good, very good. Many, many basic mistakes though, that said we could have easily gone in at the break 8-0,  I do not exaggerate.

Stand out performance for me was Andy Roberson who literally never put a foot wrong. Others note worthy of mention are Solanke 7/10 and certainly one for next season. Mane, seems to be suffering timing issues and maybe operating at 85% confidence. I have to say though his skill level and blistering pace from a standing start is eye watering.

Lady luck wasn't with us at times, but all in all a solid performance.

Quick Reply