Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (4%)
      Andy Robertson
      23 (23%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      13 (13%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (10%)
      Dominic Solanke
      10 (10%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      23 (23%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (4%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)
      Ben Woodburn
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: May 17, 2018 04:49:17 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20732 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: May 14, 2018 09:20:27 am
      couldnt have gone much better could it?
      i still think Mane is a brain away from being world class....

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #392: May 14, 2018 09:59:33 am
      Great performance and we could have scored a couple more.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #393: May 14, 2018 10:17:18 am
      Get the F**k in....so F***ing happy, bring on Kyiv.

P.S Anyone know the prize money difference between 2nd and 4th place and 3rd and 4th place in the league?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #394: May 14, 2018 10:37:03 am
      I personally am our teams biggest critic at times. Yesterdays performance was good, very good. Many, many basic mistakes though, that said we could have easily gone in at the break 8-0,  I do not exaggerate.

Stand out performance for me was Andy Roberson who literally never put a foot wrong. Others note worthy of mention are Solanke 7/10 and certainly one for next season. Mane, seems to be suffering timing issues and maybe operating at 85% confidence. I have to say though his skill level and blistering pace from a standing start is eye watering.

Lady luck wasn't with us at times, but all in all a solid performance.

What the hell are you talking about, "Lady luck was with us", what in the 2 blatant penalties not being awarded and in how the ball seemed to almost always fall to a Brighton player after ping ponging about in the box.

I can't think of any particular luck we had in that game, every single goal was earned. Brighton had I think 2 semi dangerous plays but if you compare that to all our chances then its irrelevant.

Oh and Solanke aside from his goal was very average, did you perhaps forget the time he was one-on one with the keeper and totally fu**ed it up. Yes he has some potential but 7/10 is silly.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #395: May 14, 2018 10:41:47 am
      Get the f**k in....so f**king happy, bring on Kyiv.

P.S Anyone know the prize money difference between 2nd and 4th place and 3rd and 4th place in the league?

I think its just a couple of million difference, but we make a hell of a lot more than that by being in the CL final.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #396: May 14, 2018 10:49:30 am
      What the hell are you talking about, "Lady luck was with us", what in the 2 blatant penalties not being awarded and in how the ball seemed to almost always fall to a Brighton player after ping ponging about in the box.

I can't think of any particular luck we had in that game, every single goal was earned. Brighton had I think 2 semi dangerous plays but if you compare that to all our chances then its irrelevant.

Oh and Solanke aside from his goal was very average, did you perhaps forget the time he was one-on one with the keeper and totally fu**ed it up. Yes he has some potential but 7/10 is silly.

A goal and an excellent assist doesn’t deserve a 7/10?!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #397: May 14, 2018 10:56:52 am

No, not when he made a lot of other errors in the game, unless we are giving everyone else 10/10.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #398: May 14, 2018 11:01:37 am
      Usual demolition job over Brighton, could not have asked for more suitable opposition, for the occasion.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #399: May 14, 2018 11:02:25 am

It's a strange one, when a striker gets a goal and an assist and yet still gets more criticism for what isn't in his game (he's only 20)
      than given credit for what he contributed. Sure his movement is nowhere near the front 3's but nobody else's is.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #400: May 14, 2018 11:07:06 am
      It's a strange one, when a striker gets a goal and an assist and yet still gets more criticism for what isn't in his game (he's only 20)
      than given credit for what he contributed. Sure his movement is nowhere near the front 3's but nobody else's is.

So one goal and an assist papers over a generally average performance and terrible season then? As I have said before I hope he comes good for us, but I still have my reservations. I am however very happy for him that he got his first goal for us.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #401: May 14, 2018 11:09:25 am

Didn't realise match ratings had to take into account a season.
      "Match" rating.
      Kopite78
      Reply #402: May 14, 2018 11:10:31 am
      So one goal and an assist papers over a generally average performance and terrible season then?

I don't think people are judging his rating from yesterday as a judgement on his whole season just on yesterday's game

Personally I'd give him a 7 yesterday. I thought he started nervously, but got into better than he has done any other game this year. Which is probably to do with who he was playing alongside yesterday.. He's played in a front 4 with our main best players up there with him.. he got into it and was pretty good for an hour before he tired in my opinion late on

7 seems fair for yesterday for him

In terms of the front four yesterday
      Solanke 7
      Mane 8
      Salah 8
      Bobby 8
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #403: May 14, 2018 11:17:23 am
      I don't think people are judging his rating from yesterday as a judgement on his whole season just on yesterday's game

Personally I'd give him a 7 yesterday. I thought he started nervously, but got into better than he has done any other game this year. Which is probably to do with who he was playing alongside yesterday.. He's played in a front 4 with our main best players up there with him.. he got into it and was pretty good for an hour before he tired in my opinion late on

7 seems fair for yesterday for him

In terms of the front four yesterday
      Solanke 7
      Mane 8
      Salah 8
      Bobby 8

OK fair enough I will agree he was better in the second half, more composed.
      Anyway F**k it we won, and won well and we now have momentum again going into the CL final with Real Madrid which is so important.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #404: May 14, 2018 11:17:45 am
      I think its just a couple of million difference, but we make a hell of a lot more than that by being in the CL final.

Cheers bud, thought the same myself, now let's go on and win Number 6!!!
      Kopite78
      Reply #405: May 14, 2018 11:21:23 am

Prize money is the following

City 38.8m
      Utd 36.9m
      Spurs 35m
      Liverpool 33m
      Chelsea 31.2m
      Arsenal 29.1m

What's interesting is we will have earned more than city's winnings in tv appearance money (around 45m)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #406: May 14, 2018 11:21:38 am
      Cheers bud, thought the same myself, now let's go on and win Number 6!!!

I tried to reply earlier but the forum bounced me.
      Not much in PL TV money, but the CL TV is 40, 30, 20, 10 %. (For the top 4. 0 for United from entering via EL win)
      LFC have gotten more though for wins and progression.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #407: May 14, 2018 11:26:05 am
      Stroll in the sun yesterday. Great performance - better finishing and reffing and it would have been god knows what.

Good to see Mo back to his best after 2 or 3 off games. Well done to Solanke - he had a good all round game as well as his goal and assist. I liked Jürgen playing another striker with Firmino - I think we should be doing it a bit more against bus parkers, which Brighton definitely were yesterday.

Good to see Lallana get a run out as well. Could still be handy for the last 20 minutes against Madrid.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #408: May 14, 2018 11:27:21 am

City 38.8m
      Utd 36.9m
      Spurs 35m
      Liverpool 33m
      Chelsea 31.2m
      Arsenal 29.1m

What's interesting is we will have earned more than city's winnings in tv appearance money (around 45m)

So just 2 million extra for those cu*ts finishing above us and 3.9m extra for those bigger cu*ts finishing in 2nd. That's F**k all and we have a Champions League Final to look forward too and the riches that come with it. F***ing Brilliant. Cheers mate.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #409: May 14, 2018 11:29:45 am
      That'll do nicely. Can't ask for more really, and more cruisey than last year I think.

Great to se Mo get his goal, pity he only got the one.

Made up for Solanke and wonder if that is the way forward next year for some games with a front four.  Robbo again excellent and great to see him score too.

Good rest and on to the big one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #410: May 14, 2018 12:25:57 pm

Between 1 and 2million for each of those positions I think, so in the grand scheme of money across the season, it’s virtually nothing, certainly nothing to make a real difference in the transfer market with anyway.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #411: May 14, 2018 12:49:14 pm
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #412: May 14, 2018 12:57:27 pm
      Could have been 8-0, back to our creative best.

Genuinely made up for Salah and his GB. Loved his response to whether he can do it again - "I will, I will, don't worry".

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #413: May 14, 2018 02:27:08 pm

City 38.8m
      Utd 36.9m
      Spurs 35m
      Liverpool 33m
      Chelsea 31.2m
      Arsenal 29.1m

As you are the man with the answers, do they still play the European Super Cup in Monaco?

Would be a nice August trip for supporters.

Quick Reply