Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Roma fans attack Liverpool supporters at Anfield

Read 23492 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,827 posts | 701 
      Re: Roma fans attack Liverpool supporters at Anfield
      Reply #138: May 03, 2018 04:32:51 pm
      Apparently, the second attempt to release him from the coma, was scheduled for today, if the swelling he sustained has subsided enough. Don't know how accurate or reliable that is, but let's hope for the best.

As we know, coma's can be very long drawn out things, and information about them can take a very long time to come. He went to a football game, let's hope he makes it home.

Either way, the next game against Italian opposition, namely Napoli in Dublin, promises to be a very emotional occasion for everyone.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #139: May 03, 2018 05:23:54 pm
      Apparently, the second attempt to release him from the coma, was scheduled for today, if the swelling he sustained has subsided enough. Don't know how accurate or reliable that is, but let's hope for the best.

As we know, coma's can be very long drawn out things, and information about them can take a very long time to come. He went to a football game, let's hope he makes it home.

Either way, the next game against Italian opposition, namely Napoli in Dublin, promises to be a very emotional occasion for everyone.

Thanks for the news.

There was no trouble in Rome last night was there?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #140: May 03, 2018 05:46:40 pm
      No not Bogus, probably for after care, home improvements, loss of earnings, peace of mind for him and the family.

We have excellent emergency care here, but the long term care can be hit and miss, unsure of how things are in Ireland.

Would be charged if in Ireland but not at rates like you see in America if you go as a public patient. Private is more expensive obviously.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #141: May 03, 2018 05:53:54 pm
      Would be charged if in Ireland but not at rates like you see in America if you go as a public patient. Private is more expensive obviously.

Do you not have an NHS type of service in Ireland?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #142: May 03, 2018 06:33:02 pm
      Hoping for some good news about Sean.

Just had a thought.

What if we schedule a friendly for the Friday night the 18th or Saturday the 19th,  between our matches with Brighton and the final?

I know the FA Cup final is that weekend but you can stagger the times. Some rest before the final is good,  but not too much rest. Make it with liberal substitution rules so you can totally manage the minutes each player plays or doesn't. It could keep some of our starting XI sharp, but also get some needed match time for some players who have been out for a while like Lallana, Can (if he's back), Clyne, Moreno, Klavan, Woodburn, etc. Handpick the opponent who understands what the word "friendly" means.

And the reason I'm mentioning it here: Have the tickets listed at a greatly-reduced rate, ask for stewards and other stadium staff to donate their time and send all match proceeds to Sean Cox's medical fund?

I know it would be take some real urgency to get it done, but I think it's doable and genuinely worthwhile.

As much as the club and everybodyelse want and hopes for a full recovery of Sean Cox ,
      I doubt very much that they will arrange a friendly after the Brighton match. And we might need to beat Real to get back in the C/L next year. Good idea but not very likely.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #143: May 03, 2018 08:11:10 pm
      Hoping for some good news about Sean.

Just had a thought.

What if we schedule a friendly for the Friday night the 18th or Saturday the 19th,  between our matches with Brighton and the final?

I know the FA Cup final is that weekend but you can stagger the times. Some rest before the final is good,  but not too much rest. Make it with liberal substitution rules so you can totally manage the minutes each player plays or doesn't. It could keep some of our starting XI sharp, but also get some needed match time for some players who have been out for a while like Lallana, Can (if he's back), Clyne, Moreno, Klavan, Woodburn, etc. Handpick the opponent who understands what the word "friendly" means.

And the reason I'm mentioning it here: Have the tickets listed at a greatly-reduced rate, ask for stewards and other stadium staff to donate their time and send all match proceeds to Sean Cox's medical fund?

I know it would be take some real urgency to get it done, but I think it's doable and genuinely worthwhile.

We need a full weeks rest between Brighton and Champions League Final.
      We won't be rusty after a week, we will be refreshed. We also don't want to risk players.
      If you want to start a Sean Cox crowdfunding page, go ahead.. but make sure to check the legalities first.
      As for risking European success, that would be crazy, do you really think that is what Sean would want?
      Honestly, a friendly in a very congested league?.. I am having to refrain myself here.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #144: May 03, 2018 08:12:59 pm
      I am having to refrain myself here.

Thank Christ
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #145: May 03, 2018 09:34:36 pm
      Rib - You have a serious reading comprehension problem.

First - there are TWO weeks between Brighton and the Champions League final.
      Second - obviously nobody would be risked if there is any question about their fitness.
      Third - 45 minutes of football in the 13 days between the final league match and the Final would in most cases be a good thing, not a bad thing.
      Fourth - the opponent would be chosen carefully.
      Fifth - As I mentioned, there are some players in the squad who are badly in need of a game. Even if this kind of friendly wasn't done (realize it probably won't be), something likely will be arranged behind closed doors.

No more than 20,000 supporters will be able to go to Kiev, a friendly would also allow a lot of other fans to see the team play and send them on their way in style.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #146: May 04, 2018 11:39:01 am
      Rib - You have a serious reading comprehension problem.

First - there are TWO weeks between Brighton and the Champions League final.
      Second - obviously nobody would be risked if there is any question about their fitness.
      Third - 45 minutes of football in the 13 days between the final league match and the Final would in most cases be a good thing, not a bad thing.
      Fourth - the opponent would be chosen carefully.
      Fifth - As I mentioned, there are some players in the squad who are badly in need of a game. Even if this kind of friendly wasn't done (realize it probably won't be), something likely will be arranged behind closed doors.

No more than 20,000 supporters will be able to go to Kiev, a friendly would also allow a lot of other fans to see the team play and send them on their way in style.
      If there are a bunch of reserves involved and probably a cameo for people who need a warm up it would be okay I guess. I didn't realise there was such a gap between those games.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #147: May 04, 2018 12:51:09 pm
      If there are a bunch of reserves involved and probably a cameo for people who need a warm up it would be okay I guess. I didn't realise there was such a gap between those games.

If we draw or beat the chavs then it is in effect 3 weeks, assuming we play the reserves against Brighton in the final game.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,827 posts | 701 
      Reply #148: May 04, 2018 02:09:45 pm
      3 weeks is too long without a game, when you're used to playing at least once per week.

If we draw* against Chelsea, we'll have the goal difference, but we'll still need at least another point against Brighton, to officially confirm it. Plus, I want us to at least finish 3rd, and not scrape into it, like we did this season.

*where have I heard that before.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #149: May 04, 2018 05:51:32 pm
      3 weeks is too long without a game, when you're used to playing at least once per week.

If we draw* against Chelsea, we'll have the goal difference, but we'll still need at least another point against Brighton, to officially confirm it. Plus, I want us to at least finish 3rd, and not scrape into it, like we did this season.

*where have I heard that before.

Goal difference of 17 to Chavs even more if we beat them, no way in hell they are reaching that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #150: May 04, 2018 06:05:54 pm
      Friendly against Rangers then.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      Reply #151: May 04, 2018 07:20:23 pm

Celtic would be a much better option.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #152: May 04, 2018 10:18:04 pm
      Celtic would be a much better option.
      usually, but Gerrard is manager of Rangers.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      Reply #153: May 05, 2018 11:10:54 am
      usually, but Gerrard is manager of Rangers.

And Rangers are not fond of the Irish... that is why we'd be having the friendly isn't it? Or have I missed something?
      Redangel

• 8,083 posts | 963 
      Reply #154: May 08, 2018 12:21:37 pm
      Are there any updates re Sean’s condition, haven’t read anything for a while. Keeping him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #155: May 09, 2018 10:02:57 am
      Statement on behalf of the family of Sean Cox

date Icon 9th May 2018
      Liverpool Football Club is publishing the following statement on behalf of the family of Sean Cox.

As a family we have been overwhelmed and humbled by the support we have received since Sean was so badly hurt two weeks ago.

From the wonderful medical staff at the Walton Centre who continue to care for Sean to the highly dedicated officers of Merseyside Police who have assisted us from the moment we arrived, it has been a great comfort to know that we are in such good hands.

There are no words to describe the gratitude we feel to the ordinary people of Liverpool and Ireland who have taken Sean to their hearts in a way that underlines why those places have such a deserved reputation for generosity and solidarity.

Every day letters and cards arrive from this country, from Ireland and beyond. Every one of them wishes us well and the accompanying offers of support have reminded us, even in our darkest moments, that we are not walking alone.

Sean remains in a critical condition but he is a fighter and that, coupled with the medical and spiritual support he is receiving, gives us hope in our hearts and we long for the day when our husband, dad and brother returns home to Dunboyne so we can be together as a family once more.

In the meantime, we would ask that our privacy continues to be respected and when we have news we will share it at the appropriate time. Until then, all we can do is hope and pray for Sean in the knowledge that he is receiving the best possible care.

The Cox family

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #156: May 09, 2018 10:07:52 am
      Statement on behalf of the family of Sean Cox

date Icon 9th May 2018
      Liverpool Football Club is publishing the following statement on behalf of the family of Sean Cox.

As a family we have been overwhelmed and humbled by the support we have received since Sean was so badly hurt two weeks ago.

From the wonderful medical staff at the Walton Centre who continue to care for Sean to the highly dedicated officers of Merseyside Police who have assisted us from the moment we arrived, it has been a great comfort to know that we are in such good hands.

There are no words to describe the gratitude we feel to the ordinary people of Liverpool and Ireland who have taken Sean to their hearts in a way that underlines why those places have such a deserved reputation for generosity and solidarity.

Every day letters and cards arrive from this country, from Ireland and beyond. Every one of them wishes us well and the accompanying offers of support have reminded us, even in our darkest moments, that we are not walking alone.

Sean remains in a critical condition but he is a fighter and that, coupled with the medical and spiritual support he is receiving, gives us hope in our hearts and we long for the day when our husband, dad and brother returns home to Dunboyne so we can be together as a family once more.

In the meantime, we would ask that our privacy continues to be respected and when we have news we will share it at the appropriate time. Until then, all we can do is hope and pray for Sean in the knowledge that he is receiving the best possible care.

The Cox family

He has to wake up in time for the final, come on Sean fight through this! YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #157: Jul 27, 2018 04:13:47 pm
      https://twitter.com/caparsebiscuits/status/989428150491901952

Was a Scum editor. Now writes for the Express...and the Daily Star.

Quite frankly that's a CV that screams 'NONCE'

Karma's a c**t!! Sacked from the Express

https://twitter.com/charlhennessy1/status/1022794460885864448
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #158: Jul 28, 2018 12:15:54 pm

he is appealing his sacking he just cannot see what he did was just wrong and nothing to do with facts it was a personal opinion on the whole and journalists shouldn't do personal. He has a bit of a thing about Liverpool.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #159: Jul 28, 2018 01:57:14 pm
      he is appealing his sacking he just cannot see what he did was just wrong and nothing to do with facts it was a personal opinion on the whole and journalists shouldn't do personal. He has a bit of a thing about Liverpool.

He's been crying about 'Freedom of Speech' in the press gazette. Dinosaurs like that tw*t still  think it's the 80s were they can write their poison without any comeback.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #160: Aug 01, 2018 10:08:23 pm
      He's been crying about 'Freedom of Speech' in the press gazette. Dinosaurs like that tw*t still  think it's the 80s were they can write their poison without any comeback.

He's still referring to Hilsborough as a " thing". F***ing scumbag c**t.

Quick Reply