Trending Topics

Next match: Dortmund v LFC [Friendly] Fri 19th Jul @ 1:00 am
      University of Notre Dame, Indiana, USA

Today is the 16th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W6 D0 L1

England select 2018 World Cup squad

Read 4141 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,463 posts | 617 
      Re: England select 2018 World Cup squad
      Reply #75: Jun 07, 2018 09:45:53 pm
      Had nothing better to do tonite so thought id give England 90 mins which i haven't done for some time now. Their still f**king sh*te.  :f_doh:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,826 posts | 3639 
      Reply #76: Jun 07, 2018 10:24:14 pm
      England are playing today? I didn't have a clue. Next you'll be telling me it's a World Cup year.

it completely passed me by too. I used to love England games now we all kind of know how the story will end so its not worth the effort.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,310 posts | 121 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #77: Jun 07, 2018 10:33:19 pm
      That's grand Rip but I'm not sure where you read that I said otherwise?

Just replied that they were playing.

Keep up the good work mate. :gt-happyup:

Edit: Just to add it now I'm not sure they're that good but each to their own mate.

Costa Rica is not a good side you're not wrong, just an average team, nothing more, last world cup was a once in a lifetime thing.

Didn't event wanted to watch the game, but heard that England didn't suffer and was an easy win.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,470 posts | 3654 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #78: Jun 08, 2018 12:59:19 am
      Didn't event wanted to watch the game, but heard that England didn't suffer and was an easy win.

I turned it off before half time, was boring me to sleep. Don't think any of the midfield 3; Hendo, Delph and Loftus-Cheek managed a single forward pass between them until about 15mins in!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #79: Jun 08, 2018 03:21:33 am
      Had nothing better to do tonite so thought id give England 90 mins which i haven't done for some time now. Their still f**king sh*te.  :f_doh:
      England put in a good performance. 2-0 is a good score. Personally I don't like United, but I wouldn't try to call them sh*te after they dominated a game. Just because England aren't in the top 10 doesn't mean they're sh*te.
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2018 03:31:03 am by Ribapuru »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,463 posts | 617 
      Reply #80: Jun 08, 2018 10:19:18 am
      England put in a good performance. 2-0 is a good score. Personally I don't like United, but I wouldn't try to call them sh*te after they dominated a game. Just because England aren't in the top 10 doesn't mean they're sh*te.

Dominated part timers  :lmao:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #81: Jun 08, 2018 11:44:24 am
      Here you are everyone. Keith showing his excellent football knowledge. Team ranked 22nd in the world and last world cups semi finalists are described as part timers. Trying to put Costa Rica in the same group as Luxembourg and San Marino. Next he's going to accuse Iceland of being sh*te after winning their group to get in some extra digs. WUM. No other word for it. You said that comment with the pure intention to fish for me to reply. Fully expecting my response to be deleted again like always.
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2018 11:48:35 am by Ribapuru »
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,480 posts | 169 
      Reply #82: Jun 08, 2018 02:35:34 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,463 posts | 617 
      Reply #83: Jun 08, 2018 02:37:39 pm
      Here you are everyone. Keith showing his excellent football knowledge. Team ranked 22nd in the world and last world cups semi finalists are described as part timers. Trying to put Costa Rica in the same group as Luxembourg and San Marino. Next he's going to accuse Iceland of being sh*te after winning their group to get in some extra digs. WUM. No other word for it. You said that comment with the pure intention to fish for me to reply. Fully expecting my response to be deleted again like always.

Me a WUM  :lmao: Wasn't me who said Klopp was sh*te for the majority of the season and had doubts whether he was good enough for Liverpool  ;)  :f_whistle:
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 1973 
      Reply #84: Jun 08, 2018 02:50:04 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #85: Jun 08, 2018 02:57:14 pm
      Me a WUM  :lmao: Wasn't me who said Klopp was sh*te for the majority of the season and had doubts whether he was good enough for Liverpool  ;)  :f_whistle:
      That's got nothing to do with this. You're just trying to change the subject after posting garbage. For your information, when I said those comments I wasn't the only one. At that time our first 11 had Klaven, Mignolet and Moreno in it whilst Robbo was just bench warming. Klopp actually could have done a lot better in the first half the season. The fans were getting divided on Klopp. In the second half he made changes after a lot of pundits and fans kept pointing out what a sh*t show our defence and goalkeeper was. He's solved it now so it's a none issue and in the past. Your garbage is in the present.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 1973 
      Reply #86: Jun 08, 2018 03:00:29 pm
      That's got nothing to do with this. You're just trying to change the subject after posting garbage. For your information, when I said those comments I wasn't the only one. At that time our first 11 had Klaven, Mignolet and Moreno in it whilst Robbo was just bench warming. Klopp actually could have done a lot better in the first half the season. The fans were getting divided on Klopp. In the second half he made changes after a lot of pundits and fans kept pointing out what a sh*t show our defence and goalkeeper was. He's solved it now so it's a none issue and in the past. Your garbage is in the present.

Absolute bollocks that the fans were getting divided on Klopp

Utter tripe
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,463 posts | 617 
      Reply #87: Jun 08, 2018 03:20:28 pm

You had a silly pop at my spelling mistake, I retaliated so who instigated it? Not rocket science even for you la. Look at yourself in the mirror then you'll see who the real WUM is.  ;)

Fans divided on Klopp? Who the f**k are you kidding  :spam: I've read/heard some sh*te before but this takes the biscuit  :lmao: Klopp loved by the Liverpool fans, even I loved the guy so some WUM I am a lad.  :)

You were without doubt the biggest WUM on your own fans that I've ever read on this site. F**k sake lad grow up and next time you want to pick on me make sure it's more than a spelling mistake.  :f_doh:
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,480 posts | 169 
      Reply #88: Jun 08, 2018 07:28:18 pm
      😮

What in the f**king world is that?

Lol not the foggiest! England fans deserve a good hiding if their singing that throughout the soviet union!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,652 posts | 5028 
      • YNWA
      Reply #89: Jun 09, 2018 12:50:09 am
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #90: Jun 09, 2018 04:49:53 am
      You had a silly pop at my spelling mistake, I retaliated so who instigated it? Not rocket science even for you la. Look at yourself in the mirror then you'll see who the real WUM is.  ;)

Fans divided on Klopp? Who the f**k are you kidding  :spam: I've read/heard some sh*te before but this takes the biscuit  :lmao: Klopp loved by the Liverpool fans, even I loved the guy so some WUM I am a lad.  :)

You were without doubt the biggest WUM on your own fans that I've ever read on this site. F**k sake lad grow up and next time you want to pick on me make sure it's more than a spelling mistake.  :f_doh:
      You came on here just to speak negatively about a good performance, call a decent side part timers, speak shoddy grammar and actually there was a divide over certain issues regarding Klopp. You and Kopite78 can pretend like it never happened, but I remember it clearly. Klopp is well respected by all now, but before Mignolet alone was causing an issue. People were asking, why hasn't Mignolet been dropped? Can we trust Klopp to get a good goalkeeper? Oh.. you seem to forget we had early exits in domestic cups, we've won nothing yet under Klopp. The champions league progress quelled the doubters... but if you and Kopite78 can't admit there was a section of extremely fed up fans that even started questioning Klopp in the first half of the season, you're just deluding yourselves.

Why on earth you brought this up in this thread is mind boggling. There's another thread for Klopp.
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2018 04:54:26 am by Ribapuru »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,463 posts | 617 
      Reply #91: Jun 09, 2018 09:11:52 am
      You came on here just to speak negatively about a good performance, call a decent side part timers, speak shoddy grammar and actually there was a divide over certain issues regarding Klopp. You and Kopite78 can pretend like it never happened, but I remember it clearly. Klopp is well respected by all now, but before Mignolet alone was causing an issue. People were asking, why hasn't Mignolet been dropped? Can we trust Klopp to get a good goalkeeper? Oh.. you seem to forget we had early exits in domestic cups, we've won nothing yet under Klopp. The champions league progress quelled the doubters... but if you and Kopite78 can't admit there was a section of extremely fed up fans that even started questioning Klopp in the first half of the season, you're just deluding yourselves.

Why on earth you brought this up in this thread is mind boggling. There's another thread for Klopp.

Like so many threads they can, and do diverse frequently. It was you who started the nitpicking ( Being a WUM ) and so got a response out of me. If you can't take it, don't give it. That is now the end of the matter. Grow up and move on.... I have. ENOUGH SAID!

THE END...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,626 posts | 4171 
      Reply #92: Jun 09, 2018 10:38:55 am
      Was half watching the England friendly v Costa Rica. 

Rashford and Loftus-Cheek, as well as Trent obviously, looked in the best shape.

I've been a bit surprised however that we haven't seen Southgate's first team starting both games.  You really shouldn't be titting about with your lineup this close to a tournament in my opinion.

I'd probably take a point on Rashford instead of Sterling.  Think Sterling's too wasteful in front of goal not to mention the risks with him being a diving tw*t.

Still think there is a role for Vardy and when it comes to the Belgium game, where England will probably be expected to counter attack more I think he would be a good goal threat against them.

England should easily qualify out of that group.  If they didn't then Southgate would have to get sacked.  If they get through the group they've got a 50/50 chance of beating either Poland or Colombia in the knockout - not the worst route to the Quarter Finals - where they will definitely be packing for home.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #93: Jun 09, 2018 10:42:54 am
      Like so many threads they can, and do diverse frequently. It was you who started the nitpicking ( Being a WUM ) and so got a response out of me. If you can't take it, don't give it. That is now the end of the matter. Grow up and move on.... I have. ENOUGH SAID!

THE END...
      no, if your grammar was sh*te i wouldn't really care usually. I just didn't like your England bashing after a good performance. If they played sh*te I get it and would accept your comments more. Everyone else is in agreement they played well. Then you try to discredit the result by discrediting Costa Rica by calling the them part timers. Costa Rica are actually an okay side. You put THE END because you think you got the last word in.

THE END.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,463 posts | 617 
      Reply #94: Jun 09, 2018 10:52:47 am
      no, if your grammar was sh*te i wouldn't really care usually. I just didn't like your England bashing after a good performance. If they played sh*te I get it and would accept your comments more. Everyone else is in agreement they played well. Then you try to discredit the result by discrediting Costa Rica by calling the them part timers. Costa Rica are actually an okay side. You put THE END because you think you got the last word in.

THE END.

Get your grammar in order!!! What the f**k does Costa Rica by calling the them part timers mean? Practise what you preach la
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #95: Jun 09, 2018 11:12:31 am
      Get your grammar in order!!! What the f**k does Costa Rica by calling the them part timers mean? Practise what you preach la
      It's obvious what that means to most people, don't continue this with WUMing behaviour please.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,463 posts | 617 
      Reply #96: Jun 09, 2018 11:27:17 am
      It's obvious what that means to most people, don't continue this with WUMing behaviour please.

I only speak queens English so pardon me...
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,831 posts | 1957 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #97: Jun 09, 2018 03:31:40 pm
                                 Butland
                       Cahill     Dier      Maguirre
      Walker                                               Young
                          Henderson   
                                             Alli
      Sterling                                          Rashford
                                 Kane

I would play like that and when we're attacking Dier can move up and when we are defending, he can drop back to out box.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #98: Jun 09, 2018 04:16:32 pm
                                 Butland
                       Cahill     Dier      Maguirre
      Walker                                               Young
                          Henderson   
                                             Alli
      Sterling                                          Rashford
                                 Kane

I would play like that and when we're attacking Dier can move up and when we are defending, he can drop back to out box.
      not sure about that. Dier and Hendo on at the same time will cause them to get in each others way to the extent it could cause problems. We've not done that in the past for a reason. Dier and Henderson are more interchangeable in my opinion, which we will need if we get to knockout stages.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,831 posts | 1957 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #99: Jun 10, 2018 07:52:44 am
      not sure about that. Dier and Hendo on at the same time will cause them to get in each others way to the extent it could cause problems. We've not done that in the past for a reason. Dier and Henderson are more interchangeable in my opinion, which we will need if we get to knockout stages.

I would remove Dier, move Cahill centrally and Walker and play Tripper or Trent.

Quick Reply