Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Coutinho to get CL medal (win or lose)

Read 3212 times
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 783 posts | 59 
      Coutinho to get CL medal (win or lose)
      May 25, 2018 10:29:16 am
      I put win or lose for fear if jynxing it :f_whistle:

After his goals and contribution during the group stage I think he deserves it

Winners get 40 medals and runners up get 30 medals,

Think it would be a touch of class from him if he was in Kyiv supporting (not like Barca fans would mind him cheering reals opposition) his old team mates

Thoughts?
      Kopite78
      Re: Coutinho to get CL medal (win or lose)
      Reply #1: May 25, 2018 10:50:47 am
      Personally wouldn't want him there

Let's not forget he didn't care ultimately if we even were in the competition by faking a back injury before the qualifying round

Jumped ship ahead of trying to stay here and help us win it

Honestly f**k him the little c**t

I still have a little but of sick in my mouth at the thought of his publicity stunt inviting the daily hail to watch him for 24 hours before his dream move.. sat 3 inches from a tv screen for a photo opportunity pretending to watch the derby in the cup

He could have derailed our chances with his back injury before hoffenheim so the thought he gets a medal?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2: May 25, 2018 10:58:00 am
      Personally wouldn't want him there

Let's not forget he didn't care ultimately if we even were in the competition by faking a back injury before the qualifying round

Jumped ship ahead of trying to stay here and help us win it

Honestly f**k him the little c**t

I still have a little but of sick in my mouth at the thought of his publicity stunt inviting the daily hail to watch him for 24 hours before his dream move.. sat 3 inches from a tv screen for a photo opportunity pretending to watch the derby in the cup

He could have derailed our chances with his back injury before hoffenheim so the thought he gets a medal?

Agree.

Wouldn't want him there and for me if you leave a club mid season you forfeit any right to medals won.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3: May 25, 2018 11:09:09 am
      What Kopite78 said..

I would be embarrassed to collect a winners medal without the effort the other players put in to get to the final..
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #4: May 25, 2018 11:10:36 am

Think it would be a touch of class from him if he was in Kyiv supporting (not like Barca fans would mind him cheering reals opposition) his old team mates

In what universe are you?
      The little crying bi*ch jeopardized our season twice. He has no f**king respect for his old teammates.
      I'd rather give the medal to Aly Cissokho.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5: May 25, 2018 11:15:11 am
      He's entitled to a medal, but if he has even a shred of dignity or class he'd refuse it but I kind of suspect a John Terry moment with him emerging from the crowds, Real Madrid end, in a full kit to collect his medal! ;-)
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #6: May 25, 2018 11:18:29 am
      He doesn’t deserve a medal. He threw his toys and faked and injury during the qualifier and showed he didn’t care one bit about the competition when he left mid season to Barcelona where he wouldn’t be able to play this year.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #7: May 25, 2018 11:20:37 am
      I put win or lose for fear if jynxing it :f_whistle:

After his goals and contribution during the group stage I think he deserves it

Winners get 40 medals and runners up get 30 medals,

Thoughts?
      Sorry mate I wouldn't want him anywhere near the ground ,our lads,or our supporters for that matter & as far as him showing class goes ,where was his class when he fu**ed off mid season ? I wouldn't give him the steam off my piss personally.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #8: May 25, 2018 11:26:48 am
      Just to clarify, I think it would be good if he was in the crowd, not near the team or potentially the trophy.

From the interview Klopp gave with that spanish guy. He said that he was pretty much set to leave in the summer bit they agreed for him to leave in the winter.

If Klopp doesn't have an issue with him and he did contribute to the team then I don't

Although I imagine it would be pretty hard watching your old team mates in the CL final when you could've been there if you'd waiting 6 months before moving
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #9: May 25, 2018 11:26:52 am
      Letter of the law says he's entitled one. However, if I was a Liverpool fan would be pretty fu**ed off about it. If he's any class about him he'll do the right thing and not except one or maybe even give it to a fan in the crowd on the nite.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #10: May 25, 2018 11:31:41 am
      He's entitled to a medal, but if he has even a shred of dignity or class he'd refuse it but I kind of suspect a John Terry moment with him emerging from the crowds, Real Madrid end, in a full kit to collect his medal! ;-)

He might be entitled to one but in my opinion he shouldn't be.

You shouldn't get a medal if you play a handful of games at the start of a competition then leave mid way through.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #11: May 25, 2018 11:40:10 am
      I'd sooner give a medal to Sturridge and the current squad,
      and then give the rest to youth players that were in the squad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: May 25, 2018 11:42:19 am
      Played his part for us earlier on in the competition, all be it reluctantly. But, despite how well he played, he still wanted no further part of our season and Champions League run.
      Was he vital in the games he played? Performance wise you could say yes, but I have no doubts we’d have still gotten through had he played no part.

He was happy to forgo the rest of our season and be cup tied for the competition so he’s forgone any right of a medal IMO. Where was he when we had massive games against City and Roma? Sat in Spain not giving us a second thought.

Would hate for him to get a medal, essentially taking part of the credit from all the hard work the actual team have put in, working their bollocks off and earning their right to be in the final.

A medal for faking injury, almost derailing our season a day before it started, then again in the winter. Nah, f**k him, hope he’s no where near the stadium or team on the night.
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2018 11:46:29 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #13: May 25, 2018 12:05:02 pm
      Wonderful. He's the real winner on Saturday. Not Liverpool. Winning a La Liga, champions league and possibly a world cup.

Make us look even more stupid by letting him walk out on us. Look at that face. That's a real winner's face! Even before kickoff. I'll stuff that piece of nickel into that big mouth of his and down his throat.

Why would you give a medal as recognition to someone who wanted to play no part in our success?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018 12:09:51 pm by ruthcity »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: May 25, 2018 12:10:33 pm
      Wonderful. He's the real winner on Saturday. Not Liverpool. Winning a La Liga, champions league and possibly a world cup.

Make us look even more stupid by letting him walk out on us. Look at that face. That's a real winner's face! Even before kickoff.

Yet La Liga was virtually won before Xmas. Medals for competitions he actually had little influence on, not bad for some eh.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #15: May 25, 2018 12:13:04 pm
      F**k him. If he hadn’t faked injury before our qualifier and had just kept his head down then fair enough.

Instead he disrupted and pulled all the tricks he could. F**k him, we have another Brazilian who will showing him the meaning of hard work in Kiev!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #16: May 25, 2018 12:25:30 pm
      Doubt very much he would go all the way to Kiev to acknowledge a team he disassociated himself from and pissed all over their expectations.
      If he does turn up he's an even bigger disappointment than we ever imagined.
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2018 01:14:53 pm by stuey »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17: May 25, 2018 12:27:18 pm
      If we had won the league he would qualify automatically,  let him have his medal, no big deal for me
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Should Coutinho to get CL medal? (win or lose)
      Reply #18: May 25, 2018 12:43:46 pm
      No.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19: May 25, 2018 01:37:19 pm
      Is it the rules stating that he gets a medal, or did the club or UEFA decide this just now?

Someone mentioned Klopp having no problem. There's a difference between speaking diplomatically in the press (knowing someone has already jumped ship emotionally and mentally) and "being OK" with the idea of him leaving. You think if Barca offered Coutinho  back to us at 25 percent of the sale price Klopp would take it? I don't. So much of our success is about team spirit, and Coutinho is about Coutinho. He can get bent.

In fact, Klopp played Barca like a drum, and I think their management are slowly realizing it. Too bad for you, ,suckers!

Send him the medal through post, wrapped in a white paper bag, with no note. Then forget about it. We have far more important things to celebrate and accomplish.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #20: May 25, 2018 01:46:13 pm
      Is it the rules stating that he gets a medal, or did the club or UEFA decide this just now?

Someone mentioned Klopp having no problem. There's a difference between speaking diplomatically in the press (knowing someone has already jumped ship emotionally and mentally) and "being OK" with the idea of him leaving. You think if Barca offered Coutinho  back to us at 25 percent of the sale price Klopp would take it? I don't. So much of our success is about team spirit, and Coutinho is about Coutinho. He can get bent.

In fact, Klopp played Barca like a drum, and I think their management are slowly realizing it. Too bad for you, ,suckers!

Send him the medal through post, wrapped in a white paper bag, with no note. Then forget about it. We have far more important things to celebrate and accomplish.
      Liverpool get a maximum amount of medals, I think it is 40.
      It is upto them who they give one to, but the player does need to qualify for one through meeting a criteria.
      Coutinho meets the criteria through appearances, but Liverpool don't have to give him a medal.
      From the chairmans recent comments, it is unlikely Coutinho will get one,

I think the thread title needs changing really to "Should Coutinho to get CL medal? (win or lose)"
      At this stage it is just speculation.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: May 25, 2018 02:16:36 pm

It will be a hollow medal for him, if he accept it.   :(

If I were him, I will refuse it as well. Or accept it and donate it to a charity in the name of Liverpool FC for them to auction it off.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #22: May 25, 2018 03:19:19 pm
      If we have any spare medals, there's only one candidate it should be given to. Not a player, not a coach, not a board member, not even on the staff.

No, that medal should be sent to Walton Hospital and presented to (the family of) Sean Cox. We're playing for him in Kiev, as much as everyone else. And he deserves it far more than anyone who abandoned ship mid course.

Quick Reply