Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Loris Karius
      16 (11.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      34 (24.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      3 (2.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      69 (50.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Voting closed: May 30, 2018 09:39:22 pm

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 51535 times
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Re: Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #989: Jun 04, 2018 11:17:42 am
      Just been reminded that Gerry Byrne played almost all of the 1965 FA Cup Final with  broken collar bone...that's when men where men and if you lost your shirt in that team it was hard to get it back. Shankly said that team was the best team ever...I find that hard to disagree it was incredible.

Just to remind you that substitutes weren't allowed then, so if Gerry had gone off it would have put his team at a great disadvantage. Doesn't diminish how much pain he must have been in playing on. He was responsible for the cross from which Roger Hunt scored the first goal.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #990: Jun 04, 2018 12:43:18 pm

anything ,absolutely anything that make UEFA look bad is a good thing. It is not a Petition of scousers (although that is  how the media report it) its is probably more to do with him missing the build up to the World Cup. I can actually see UEFA completely ignoring this which proves a point in itself.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,827 posts | 701 
      Reply #991: Jun 04, 2018 02:44:23 pm
      Quote from redkop63
      I still believe at least the spine of the team should made up of British players and I am not a British citizen by saying that. We need to go back to our roots. British players tend to move abroad less and tend to settle down easier than foreign players thus less distractions. That itself stabilises the club and provides sustain challenge. In the 70s and 80s we used to have only a handful of foreign players and we did remarkably well. Its tiring to have a replay of the Suarez, Torres, Masc etc fisaco time and again when we were on the rise and got deflated time and again. And I'm damn happy that Robertson is doing very well this season, typical Liverpool player - hard running, tackling, no nonsense, 100% commitment on the field. Hopefully, Robertson would be an eye opener to Klopp. I may get flamed here but that's how i sees it.

Keegan went to Hamburg. Souness went to Sampdoria. Rush went to Juventus. Aldridge went to Sociedad.

Local players in the 70's and 80's moved on when they got the chance. The club is now run, coached, managed, supported, and mostly played by foreigners, while half the league is owned by sheikhs,  oligarchs, and billionaires. So the club has to open itself to the outside world and get the best players we can just to compete, let alone win. The idea that we go back and run it like a corner shop across the road is not viable in this day and age, if we're serious about winning trophies.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #992: Jun 04, 2018 11:40:51 pm
      Keegan went to Hamburg. Souness went to Sampdoria. Rush went to Juventus. Aldridge went to Sociedad.

Local players in the 70's and 80's moved on when they got the chance. The club is now run, coached, managed, supported, and mostly played by foreigners, while half the league is owned by sheikhs,  oligarchs, and billionaires. So the club has to open itself to the outside world and get the best players we can just to compete, let alone win. The idea that we go back and run it like a corner shop across the road is not viable in this day and age, if we're serious about winning trophies.

And Rush came home after 1 season.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #993: Jun 05, 2018 08:03:52 am
      And Rush came home after 1 season.

Well... because he flopped in Italy
      Kopite78
      Reply #994: Jun 05, 2018 08:20:24 am
      Well... because he flopped in Italy

Not really

He didn't settle at all. Was homesick.

If you look at his record over there 14 Goals in 39
      So he played alot and scored a decent amount

In terms of goals you have to put it into context of Italy at the time.. goalscorers didn't really get the numbers they do now.
      Maradona for example that season got 17 in 41 and was always around that goal number every year at napoli

He just never settled
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #995: Jun 05, 2018 08:36:19 am
      but seriously, at Madrid do you think they feel a wee bit guilty over the manner in which they won, or like most sportsmen and most people in general, do they have the morals of a F***ing weasel, winning is ALL that matters
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #996: Jun 05, 2018 09:24:15 am
      Not really

In terms of goals you have to put it into context of Italy at the time.. goalscorers didn't really get the numbers they do now.
      Maradona for example that season got 17 in 41 and was always around that goal number every year at napoli

He just never settled

Ditto,good memory .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #997: Jun 05, 2018 09:44:35 am
      Rushies famous quote about Italy was  like playing in a foreign Country wasn't actually him he blames Kenny for that.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #998: Jun 05, 2018 12:06:30 pm
      I'll tell you what. Jordan Henderson has got away with murder here. I'm still furious with his performance in this match.

I say it every week that our front three often bail him out. People don't notice his poor performances because mane salah and Bobby are all scoring goals and we're winning games.

Flip it the other way and now Karius has bailed him out because his two mistakes have been strongly highlighted for the reasons why we lost the final.

No, I'm not having it, that performance from our so called captain was a pathetic one. He's a coward. He's a shithouse.

I know he has his fans on here who are probably going to jump down my throat and reel off some of his stats stating he has a 67% pass completion rate this season and some other bollocks but I don't give a F**k. He's sh*te and I don't want him in my clubs midfield and i certainly don't want him being captain of my club.  Biggest game of his career and our biggest game of the last decade and where was he?!

I can't believe nobody is talking about what a shocking performance it was from OUR CAPTAIN. There's not been a word said about it. He proves time and time again he just isn't at this level. He's not good enough.

What does he actually F***ing do? Can somebody tell me? Does he score? No. Does he assist? No. Does he tackle? No. Does he intercept? No. Does he offer protection to our cbs? No. Does he support the front three? No. What does he F***ing do other than run around and make ground?

Furious with his performance and I've had enough of him. Like I said, he's got away with murder. It's an absolute joke he's been our #1 midfielder and our captain since Gerrard retired.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #999: Jun 05, 2018 12:15:26 pm
      Not really

He just never settled

Read Rushies book recently, he certainly couldn't settle because most of the dressing room treated him like a fish up a tree, he virtually took his chances with not much help so his scoring record is pretty damn good considering, Ian Rush didn't fail at Juventus, Juventus failed Ian Rush !

YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1000: Jun 05, 2018 12:25:09 pm
      I'll tell you what. Jordan Henderson has got away with murder here. I'm still furious with his performance in this match.

I say it every week that our front three often bail him out. People don't notice his poor performances because mane salah and Bobby are all scoring goals and we're winning games.

Flip it the other way and now Karius has bailed him out because his two mistakes have been strongly highlighted for the reasons why we lost the final.

No, I'm not having it, that performance from our so called captain was a pathetic one. He's a coward. He's a shithouse.

I know he has his fans on here who are probably going to jump down my throat and reel off some of his stats stating he has a 67% pass completion rate this season and some other bollocks but I don't give a f**k. He's sh*te and I don't want him in my clubs midfield and i certainly don't want him being captain of my club.  Biggest game of his career and our biggest game of the last decade and where was he?!

I can't believe nobody is talking about what a shocking performance it was from OUR CAPTAIN. There's not been a word said about it. He proves time and time again he just isn't at this level. He's not good enough.

What does he actually f**king do? Can somebody tell me? Does he score? No. Does he assist? No. Does he tackle? No. Does he intercept? No. Does he offer protection to our cbs? No. Does he support the front three? No. What does he f**king do other than run around and make ground?

Furious with his performance and I've had enough of him. Like I said, he's got away with murder. It's an absolute joke he's been our #1 midfielder and our captain since Gerrard retired.

Coward and shithouse ? Try looking in the mirror sunshine. Don't rate him then fine but F**k off with this coward bollocks, you probably sh*t your pants when your phone rings, classic keyboard warrior, no doubt sat there hoping we would lose so you could vent your spleen.you are the absolute joke, you are utterly embarrassing
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1001: Jun 05, 2018 12:42:37 pm
      Coward and shithouse ? Try looking in the mirror sunshine. Don't rate him then fine but f**k off with this coward bollocks, you probably sh*t your pants when your phone rings, classic keyboard warrior, no doubt sat there hoping we would lose so you could vent your spleen.you are the absolute joke, you are utterly embarrassing

What? That post is just utter drivel. What are you going on about phone calls for? The only embarrassment here is you talking utter sh*te not for the first time.

He went missing in the biggest game of his career. I could name several other big games he was nowhere to be seen.

Can you name me one game, any game at all, Jordan Henderson has walked off being the best player on the pitch? I'll wait.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1002: Jun 05, 2018 12:50:19 pm
      Jordan Henderson Captain of LFC.

Keyboard warriors know more about football than JĆ¼rgen Klopp .....  :roll:
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018 01:16:48 pm by HScRed1 »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1003: Jun 05, 2018 01:03:57 pm
      Wonder what will happen next season if presumably we start with Fabinho and Keita and then Henderson is relegated to the bench. Will you come back and say 'keyboard warriors know more than JĆ¼rgen' then.

If you disagree with JĆ¼rgen then apparently it means you have no clue on football. If you criticise the captain of the club after he has given, probably the worst performance from a Liverpool captain in a final I've ever seen, then it means you're a keyboard warrior and you were desperate for Liverpool to lose.

Some absolute tarts follow this club. Probably the same divvys who signed up for the petition for a replay.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1004: Jun 05, 2018 01:15:33 pm
      Wonder what will happen next season if presumably we start with Fabinho and Keita and then Henderson is relegated to the bench. Will you come back and say 'keyboard warriors know more than JĆ¼rgen' then.

If you disagree with JĆ¼rgen then apparently it means you have no clue on football. If you criticise the captain of the club after he has given, probably the worst performance from a Liverpool captain in a final I've ever seen, then it means you're a keyboard warrior and you were desperate for Liverpool to lose.

Some absolute tarts follow this club. Probably the same divvys who signed up for the petition for a replay.

Fans who follow the club donā€™t accuse our players of being shithouses and cowards.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1005: Jun 05, 2018 01:34:51 pm
      Fans who follow the club donā€™t accuse our players of being shithouses and cowards.

Think I've had this discussion on this board with another member who found the term shithouse insulting, but it's a common word used here in Liverpool.  I'm sure somebody like Huyton red can confirm that for me and I'd guess he says it daily.

If one of our players backed out of a challenge for example, I'd say something along the lines of 'go through him you Shithouse'

If you disagree with hendersons performance then fine but in my opinion it was a coward like display, a proper shithouse performance, and I don't remember him doing anything of note in the final just like the dozens and dozens of other games he's played for us. The focus has all been on Karius but our 'captain' has gotten away with murder.

But because I've pointed that out then in your opinion I'm a wum or a key board warrior or I don't have a clue about football and I don't follow the club etc.

If you want to get childish and petty pal then I'd bet my right bollock I've been to more games before I turned 10 years of age than you have in your entire life. But keep telling me that I'm not a fan and I don't have a clue. 'Fans of this club bla bla bla'. Who are you to tell me what fans of this club do or don't? In fact, I've bet I've been more AWAY games this season alone then you've ever been in your life! So do you think I give a F**k about what you think? Do you think I give a F**k about your approval? No. Do I F**k mate.

I'm not saying you're not a fan, I'm saying I'm not having you saying to other people that they're not a fan when you know absolutely F**k all about them.

But back to Henderson, by all means tell me all the games where he has bossed the midfield and walked off man of the match, being the best player on the pitch. List me all the games where Henderson has had the opposition in his back pocket. I'm intrigued to know. Tell me how great he was in the final, tell me I'm wrong go on.

If the day comes when we sell Henderson then I can't wait to see all the big spending clubs like Barca, real, city, all fight over him in a bidding war while we sit back rubbing our hands together. Or maybe, just maybe, he will end up at West Ham for 10mil.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1006: Jun 05, 2018 02:03:57 pm
      No idea how you going to more games makes you a ā€œproper fanā€.
      But each to there own.

Shankly once said there is a holy trinity between the supporters, fans and manager - which I would imagine means we as Reds donā€™t call our players shithouses, donā€™t need you joining rival for fans for that.

You sound like one of those rabid idiots you get of 505 or usually on Twitter after we lose.

Now if you want to debate how well Henderson played, thatā€™s a different matter, why donā€™t you let us know what he did wrong playing as a DM.

How do you think Henderson could have had the RM team in his back pocket.

FWIW I donā€™t think he had a particularly bad game, but I didnā€™t expect him to run the midfield as I have already excepted his limitations in the role he plays.
      Maybe if you did the same you wouldnā€™t be expecting him to suddenly turn into Modric.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1007: Jun 05, 2018 02:11:49 pm
      No idea how you going to more games makes you a ā€œproper fanā€.
      But each to there own.

Shankly once said there is a holy trinity between the supporters, fans and manager - which I would imagine means we as Reds donā€™t call our players shithouses, donā€™t need you joining rival for fans for that.

You sound like one of those rabid idiots you get of 505 or usually on Twitter after we lose.

Now if you want to debate how well Henderson played, thatā€™s a different matter, why donā€™t you let us know what he did wrong playing as a DM.

How do you think Henderson could have had the RM team in his back pocket.

FWIW I donā€™t think he had a particularly bad game, but I didnā€™t expect him to run the midfield as I have already excepted his limitations in the role he plays.
      Maybe if you did the same you wouldnā€™t be expecting him to suddenly turn into Modric.

I don't think I'm superior. Just not having you or anybody else say im a keyboard warrior.

If I was you mate I'd stay clear of going to any Liverpool away games. From the sounds of it you would be easily offended and spend the majority of the game telling reds off.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1008: Jun 05, 2018 03:41:25 pm
      What? That post is just utter drivel. What are you going on about phone calls for? The only embarrassment here is you talking utter sh*te not for the first time.

He went missing in the biggest game of his career. I could name several other big games he was nowhere to be seen.

Can you name me one game, any game at all, Jordan Henderson has walked off being the best player on the pitch? I'll wait.

He was outstanding against roma but the thunder was stolen by the front 3, just because he wasn't motm doesn't mean he wasn't excellent so your criteria is absolutely laughable.  He isn't the best midfielder we have ever had but to question his commitment is totally out of order
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1009: Jun 05, 2018 03:52:31 pm
      He was outstanding against roma but the thunder was stolen by the front 3, just because he wasn't motm doesn't mean he wasn't excellent so your criteria is absolutely laughable.  He isn't the best midfielder we have ever had but to question his commitment is totally out of order

Your definition of outstanding obviously differs from mine and even if you're right and I'm wrong, Roma aren't an elite team anyway. If they were in the Prem they wouldn't finish in the top 6.

We need to be looking further ahead now at challenging for the title and winning some silverware. Remember when we used to win trophies? Jesus Christ it's like some of you have forgotten. The likes of Henderson just aren't that level, and never will be that level, as the final proved once again.

He speaks well in his pressers and he looks the part but he's a very average footballer to say the least and it's about time people like you stop getting your knickers in a twist over it and accept it. Start demanding (and more importantly WANTING) better for this football club.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1010: Jun 05, 2018 03:57:41 pm
      Your definition of outstanding obviously differs from mine and even if you're right and I'm wrong, Roma aren't an elite team anyway. If they were in the Prem they wouldn't finish in the top 6.

We need to be looking further ahead now at challenging for the title and winning some silverware. Remember when we used to win trophies? Jesus Christ it's like some of you have forgotten. The likes of Henderson just aren't that level, and never will be that level, as the final proved once again.

He speaks well in his pressers and he looks the part but he's a very average footballer to say the least and it's about time people like you stop getting your knickers in a twist over it and accept it. Start demanding (and more importantly WANTING) better for this football club.

As you and I have debated in the past mate.......it is possible that he ISNā€™T THE problem to all that he is to you.

However.......

We should ALL want constant improvement in every position / area and we will definitely have a stronger middle than this season.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1011: Jun 05, 2018 04:02:02 pm

Has the sun got to you mate, that's Riba territory newspeak bullshit right there, may i suggest a ice cold flannel and a lie down in a darkened room ? 🤣

YNWA

Got this particular bullshitter on blank mate and have done since I joined the forum.

Quick Reply