Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pepe Reina - Napoli

Read 24549 times
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Re: Pepe Reina - Napoli
      Reply #46: Jun 05, 2018 08:37:54 am
      Bring him into the club as a goalkeeping coach👍
      Kopite78
      Reply #47: Jun 05, 2018 08:48:13 am
      Bring him into the club as a goalkeeping coach👍

Don't think he wants to retire from playing just yet
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #48: Jun 05, 2018 11:12:35 am
      And Reina is the third best Spanish keeper? I find that very very surprising.

Why? He has experience and is still a good keeper on the back of a good season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #49: Jun 05, 2018 11:23:20 am
      The funny thing about Pepe is - and I’ve kept a reasonably close eye on him since he left - that his form is definitely better than in his last couple of seasons here.

He was definitely distracted - albeit still better than Migs in my opinion - in his last couple of seasons.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #50: Jun 05, 2018 01:01:37 pm
      Is pepe better than what we have, probably yes. is or was he as good as some on here would say, for me no

Definitely a matter of opinion, for me he ranks with our best.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #51: Jun 05, 2018 02:15:43 pm
      The funny thing about Pepe is - and I’ve kept a reasonably close eye on him since he left - that his form is definitely better than in his last couple of seasons here.

He was definitely distracted - albeit still better than Migs in my opinion - in his last couple of seasons.

Came disillusioned when Rafa went I expect, he came out and said he’d hoped Pellegrini would be the one to replace him and was disappointed that it wasn’t. To be honest, who’s form wouldn’t take a hit playing under Woy and seeing your team go from the likes of Masch and Alonso to Poulsen and Adam etc. Then being ditched for Migs is a kick to the nuts.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #52: Jun 05, 2018 02:35:24 pm
      Came disillusioned when Rafa went I expect, he came out and said he’d hoped Pellegrini would be the one to replace him and was disappointed that it wasn’t. To be honest, who’s form wouldn’t take a hit playing under Woy and seeing your team go from the likes of Masch and Alonso to Poulsen and Adam etc. Then being ditched for Migs is a kick to the nuts.

I think we were all very disappointed when the Pellegrini link didn't materialise...including Kenny who was the one pushing for it to the extent that he met up with him at an airport, only to be overruled by Purslow and co because Hodgson was 'the man'. The mind still boggles as to how that decision was made. I can only think we fell victim to a parochial English mindset by way of Purslow who probably didn't want any more 'foreign nonsense'. Far better to hire a yes man who was just grateful to be hired than anything else.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #53: Jun 05, 2018 02:43:18 pm
      I think we were all very disappointed when the Pellegrini link didn't materialise...including Kenny who was the one pushing for it to the extent that he met up with him at an airport, only to be overruled by Purslow and co because Hodgson was 'the man'. The mind still boggles as to how that decision was made. I can only think we fell victim to a parochial English mindset by way of Purslow who probably didn't want any more 'foreign nonsense'. Far better to hire a yes man who was just grateful to be hired than anything else.

That we were.

I’ve often wondered if Kenny threw his hat in at time to try to force them to slow down........

I was in Tenerife (rarely early) when I heard the appointment and fell face-first into a vat of €1 lager...........
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #54: Jun 05, 2018 05:05:24 pm
      I'm sure I've read somewhere that Pepe is moving to AC Milan, could that be a rumor, too?
      If we're looking for a GK, I would prefer to have a younger and hopefully better GK than Pepe.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #55: Jun 05, 2018 06:49:41 pm
      I'm sure I've read somewhere that Pepe is moving to AC Milan, could that be a rumor, too?
      If we're looking for a GK, I would prefer to have a younger and hopefully better GK than Pepe.

It’s confirmed he’s going to Milan.

Quick Reply