Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 158421 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread (M)
      Reply #1173: Mar 10, 2023 01:35:03 am
      2 good games in a row for me.

Hope he keeps it up.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 527 
      Reply #1174: Apr 01, 2023 11:10:39 pm
      There was a game a couple of months ago that Rafa did analysis on and he said that a big problem for us is that Fabinho is playing too high up the park. Since then, I keep seeing this. For their second goal, he gives it away- ok, a mistake, but then instead of dropping back he goes forward chasing the ball, leaving us 3 against 4 at the back. Trent was very high as well, but that is more his brief and Fab has to be aware of that and be all the more prepared to cover.

Then he is just ball watching for their 3rd, not picking up their free man. Yes there are issues with fitness etc in our midfield, including him, but he is just not reading the game these days. When your DM is doing that, it's not surprising the number of chances we end up giving up. Our whole team is not defending well, and maybe it is not fair to pick out one player, but the DM role is so key to that and has been our single biggest problem area this season. He's gone from being one of the best DMs in the world to a liability. If (with Bajcetic out and Hendo and Milner struggling for 90 minutes worth of stamina) we have to play him, Jürgen has got to tell him to just sit in his DM position. Let Harvey and whoever else is in midfield do the pressing - just F***ing sit in front of the defence and stop aimlessly following the ball all over the F***ing park!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1175: Apr 15, 2023 07:25:16 pm
      Would you sale him this summer? He and Jones could garner a decent return and that money could be used on the re-build. Do you think he regains form next season and this one is just a blip?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #1176: Apr 15, 2023 07:26:46 pm
      Would you sale him this summer? He and Jones could garner a decent return and that money could be used on the re-build. Do you think he regains form next season and this one is just a blip?

Jones won’t be sold - but Fabinho could if a decent fee is offered
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #1177: Apr 15, 2023 08:12:32 pm

Klopp isn’t going to sell Fab I don’t think. He  will expect him to improve.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #1178: Apr 17, 2023 11:41:26 am
      I like Fabinho as a player, although commits too many fouls, seemingly a bit slow in tackles. Very good in midfield, but like many players, out of form this dreadful season.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1179: Apr 18, 2023 01:21:06 am
      He could be utilised in defense, back to his roots, always seems to be last choice lunging even when just receiving the ball he's like oo ahh and has to make a last ditch choice, with the pace in midfield of the league he seems out of sync so much, good game today or yesterday.
       Wasn't he a right back and cb, there you go, don't write him off just yet. There you go him at right back or CB when needed, Trent in Midfield We'd still need a tough midfielder brought in.
      We need a number 10 too for next season, maybe we already have him here because we've got plenty of forward players.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #1180: Apr 19, 2023 03:56:20 pm
      He could be utilised in defense, back to his roots, always seems to be last choice lunging even when just receiving the ball he's like oo ahh and has to make a last ditch choice, with the pace in midfield of the league he seems out of sync so much, good game today or yesterday.
       Wasn't he a right back and cb, there you go, don't write him off just yet. There you go him at right back or CB when needed, Trent in Midfield We'd still need a tough midfielder brought in.
      We need a number 10 too for next season, maybe we already have him here because we've got plenty of forward players.

yes he can play CB, RB and CDM
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #1181: Apr 22, 2023 08:40:27 pm

Hasn't got the legs for any of those positions
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #1182: Apr 23, 2023 03:42:07 pm
      Hasn't got the legs for any of those positions

Maybe he could do a job at CB. VVD has been very poor lately but Fabinho always did well there when called upon. However, he has been very very poor in midfield lately. He brings nothing to the table : too slow to defend, does not bring anything forward and no leadership... We need a good DM to perform well.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1183: Apr 23, 2023 03:49:49 pm
      Only thing I think Fab has going for him at the minute is he can still commit a cynical foul at the right time, but apart from that nada.

Don't think he makes it into our first team next season, so if we can get a good amount of money for him now we might aswell.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #1184: Apr 23, 2023 04:00:08 pm
      Don't think he makes it into our first team next season, so if we can get a good amount of money for him now we might aswell.

If we are in the Europa league next season it might be helpful to have a few experienced players in the squad, they could play quite a few games with younger players in cup competitions. A starting 11 could mainly focus on the League and more difficult cup games.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1185: Apr 23, 2023 04:04:18 pm
      If we are in the Europa league next season it might be helpful to have a few experienced players in the squad, they could play quite a few games with younger players in cup competitions. A starting 11 could mainly focus on the League and more difficult cup games.

Yeah very true, I am just thinking if we could work our magic and get around £30-40M for him, for me that would be a steal.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #1186: Apr 23, 2023 04:16:41 pm
      I think he has benefited from the tactical switch we've seen in the last few games. More bodies around him to help him with his job and so he has less ground to cover. I also have to say that the press improving greatly helps him because its downright unjust to ask of your destroyer, in the system we play, to sweep up when the press is so bad (I was guilty of that earlier this season). With how advanced we play that player will just find himself overwhelmed if the forwards and the other midfielders aren't properly pressing.

With that said, the two problems I see with him is that he suddenly lost lots of speed (both with and without the ball) and second is he can't manage to tackle as cleanly as he used to. You can observe the speed issue especially when the ball is passed to him in midfield. Very slow to figure out what he's gonna do with it. On more than one occasion yesterday I felt like we had a good chance to create something until the ball was passed to him and everything suddenly slowed down because not only did he receive the ball then looked around to try and figure out what the next move/pass should be, but he also jogged with the ball at a pretty slow speed.

I'm not sure if that's just exhaustion or what. I don't think he will leave in the summer, but I think it's possible competition for him will be brought in and if the same level of performances repeats over the course of next season then he might've lost his place in the starting 11 by then and will probably get sold.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #1187: Apr 23, 2023 09:13:25 pm
      Yeah very true, I am just thinking if we could work our magic and get around £30-40M for him, for me that would be a steal.

I agree with you, if we can get £30-40m but I'd be surprised we can get that much for him. He's 29 and the buying club would need to take on his wages; I assume he's on a big salary, especially for teams outside Champions league.
      The current transfer market is crazy but I'd be surprised if we got more than £20m. 

He's had 1 bad season, maybe he'll improve with a summer break, a pre-season of training and better players around him.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1188: Apr 26, 2023 02:58:54 pm
      I think he has benefited from the tactical switch we've seen in the last few games. More bodies around him to help him with his job and so he has less ground to cover. I also have to say that the press improving greatly helps him because its downright unjust to ask of your destroyer, in the system we play, to sweep up when the press is so bad (I was guilty of that earlier this season). With how advanced we play that player will just find himself overwhelmed if the forwards and the other midfielders aren't properly pressing.

With that said, the two problems I see with him is that he suddenly lost lots of speed (both with and without the ball) and second is he can't manage to tackle as cleanly as he used to. You can observe the speed issue especially when the ball is passed to him in midfield. Very slow to figure out what he's gonna do with it. On more than one occasion yesterday I felt like we had a good chance to create something until the ball was passed to him and everything suddenly slowed down because not only did he receive the ball then looked around to try and figure out what the next move/pass should be, but he also jogged with the ball at a pretty slow speed.

I'm not sure if that's just exhaustion or what. I don't think he will leave in the summer, but I think it's possible competition for him will be brought in and if the same level of performances repeats over the course of next season then he might've lost his place in the starting 11 by then and will probably get sold.

Good post, i definately think the poor press this season has absolutely contributed to his poor form. Maybe he has got a little slower but i think that seems to be true for much of the team. There has simply been less intensity and less energy without the ball and we haven't done as good a job with the ball this season as well.

If the clubcan't afford Bellingham i'd love to see them go for the cheaper Declan Rice. He is a cracking player imho, he's more mobile and quicker than Fab, has similar anticipation and instincts defensively but also offers plenty going forward too. He would suit our style of play and is evidently a great lad.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #1189: Apr 26, 2023 09:42:47 pm
      Dare I say he had a pretty good game today? Was in a lot of areas of the pitch, tackled without necessarily giving fouls away which has has been a problem for us in the past few games we played West Ham. He also moved the ball quicker once he had it. Solid 7 out of 10 (or 8 out of 10?) performance from him tonight.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #1190: Apr 26, 2023 09:43:37 pm
      Dare I say he had a pretty good game today? Was in a lot of areas of the pitch, tackled without necessarily giving fouls away which has has been a problem for us in the past few games we played West Ham. He also moved the ball quicker once he had it. Solid 7 out of 10 (or 8 out of 10?) performance from him tonight.

Yep thought he had a solid game
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #1191: Apr 26, 2023 09:45:17 pm
      Good post, i definately think the poor press this season has absolutely contributed to his poor form. Maybe he has got a little slower but i think that seems to be true for much of the team. There has simply been less intensity and less energy without the ball and we haven't done as good a job with the ball this season as well.

If the clubcan't afford Bellingham i'd love to see them go for the cheaper Declan Rice. He is a cracking player imho, he's more mobile and quicker than Fab, has similar anticipation and instincts defensively but also offers plenty going forward too. He would suit our style of play and is evidently a great lad.
      Rice is definitely a good player. The agility, pace and mobility you mention are definitely something that would help us in that midfield. The only problem is I see is West Ham asking for silly money although I think he is approaching the end of his contract so maybe its a good time to negotiate something.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1192: Apr 26, 2023 09:46:29 pm
      Rice is definitely a good player. The agility, pace and mobility you mention are definitely something that would help us in that midfield. The only problem is I see is West Ham asking for silly money although I think he is approaching the end of his contract so maybe its a good time to negotiate something.

Always 10/20 million on a player when there English…
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1193: Apr 27, 2023 01:21:35 am

Thought the same.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1194: Apr 27, 2023 09:10:42 am
      He is finding his feet again, come on Fab. When he clicks, the team clicks however Trent is making his life easier too.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1195: May 30, 2023 10:17:45 pm

Quick Reply