Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Huddersfield [Premier League] Fri 26th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Fabinho Player Thread

Read 23774 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,855 posts | 1661 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #525: Dec 30, 2018 10:23:53 pm
      maybe big players need big games to show just how good they are. He has made a couple of bad passes but all players make mistakes and it is something he can easily sort out.
      I think we need him for his reading of the game and his tackling which really does break up play.

His passing overall is excellent in my book. Not just a defensive passer but capable of playing killer balls
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,157 posts | 3382 
      Reply #526: Dec 30, 2018 10:27:49 pm
      His passing overall is excellent in my book. Not just a defensive passer but capable of playing killer balls

he has had  couple of howlers that City would thrive on but I just cant see him not playing now he completely dominates the centre circle and can see a pass too. We just need Naby up to speed then we will have such a choice of midfield players to face any team
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,255 posts | 2356 
      Reply #527: Dec 30, 2018 10:36:21 pm
      Players make mistakes. He had a couple of pearlers but you can’t get in the water without getting wet. More impressive is how he recovered.

Top talent beginning to shine.

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,734 posts | 478 
      Reply #528: Jan 08, 2019 02:44:58 pm
      Very quickly becoming one of my favourite players this lad.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,640 posts | 2001 
      Reply #529: Jan 08, 2019 02:52:34 pm
      Very quickly becoming one of my favourite players this lad.

Likewise.

Looked comfortable at CB, changed the dynamic in midfield when he came on against  City and is a pretty handy RB as well.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,324 posts | 2934 
      Reply #530: Jan 12, 2019 05:36:49 pm
      For a stand in CB he did extremely well bearing in mind Murray tried to drag him into a physical duel.

What a useful option to have but it was clear today that the sooner Fab gets back into midfield the better and especially so against the Bus Parker’s.

The lack of forward momentum from the two CM’s today was woeful.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,157 posts | 3382 
      Reply #531: Jan 12, 2019 05:40:35 pm
      same old crap about Henderson yet on LFC TV they are saying how good he was hmmm.
      Fab is doing nicely lots of games to go and I am sure he is going to have an increasing positive effect on this side
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,517 posts | 3293 
      Reply #532: Jan 12, 2019 05:43:23 pm
      For a stand in CB he did extremely well bearing in mind Murray tried to drag him into a physical duel.

What a useful option to have but it was clear today that the sooner Fab gets back into midfield the better and especially so against the Bus Parker’s.

The lack of forward momentum from the two CM’s today was woeful.

Wasn’t really anywhere to go forward in the first half.  Not sure if you are wanting them to constantly give the ball away trying incisive passes to guys that are double and triple teamed or what?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,324 posts | 2934 
      Reply #533: Jan 12, 2019 06:02:23 pm
      Wasn’t really anywhere to go forward in the first half.  Not sure if you are wanting them to constantly give the ball away trying incisive passes to guys that are double and triple teamed or what?

I wonder how Man City manage to get the ball forward when they are double or triple teamed?

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,255 posts | 2356 
      Reply #534: Jan 12, 2019 06:04:12 pm
      I wonder how Man City manage to get the ball forward when they are double or triple teamed?

By staying patient, keeping a high tempo and trusting to their methods.

That is how it works.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,220 posts | 2162 
      Reply #535: Jan 12, 2019 06:05:55 pm
      Good on him for the "accidental flailing arm" in our box, that got him a bit of payback.

He had plenty of time and space today, did OK in defense against a fairly poor attack, got a bit roughed up but it didn't bother him.

A good performance in an unfamiliar position.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,255 posts | 2356 
      Reply #536: Jan 12, 2019 06:06:51 pm
      Good on him for the "accidental flailing arm" in our box, that got him a bit of payback.

He had plenty of time and space today, did OK in defense against a fairly poor attack, got a bit roughed up but it didn't bother him.

A good performance in an unfamiliar position.

Yep warming up nicely.

Him Hendo and Gini would be my go to in the middle next couple games.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,220 posts | 2162 
      Reply #537: Jan 12, 2019 06:12:39 pm
      Yep warming up nicely.

Him Hendo and Gini would be my go to in the middle next couple games.

Yep, it creates more freedom for the 3 if they all know the other ones can step into the holding position.
      As long as they stay organised and communicate, it's all good, and Henderson being the gobby f**ker that he is, I'm not worried about communication.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,324 posts | 2934 
      Reply #538: Jan 12, 2019 06:12:54 pm
      By staying patient, keeping a high tempo and trusting to their methods.

That is how it works.

No their deep midfielders have the ability to find the forward players in little pockets of space ahead of them, I have never seen them constantly pass the ball sidewards.

I didn’t see much method from our two CM’s today, and before Swab comes in with his usual that’s what a Klopp instructs them to do. I doubt Klopps tactics are to have two CM’s do virtually nothing in a attacking respect apart from knocking it sideways, not always but when the opportunity in on at least attempt.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,220 posts | 2162 
      Reply #539: Jan 12, 2019 06:15:34 pm
      No their deep midfielders have the ability to find the forward players in little pockets of space ahead of them, I have never seen them constantly pass the ball sidewards.

I didn’t see much method from our two CM’s today, and before Swab comes in with his usual that’s what a Klopp instructs them to do. I doubt Klopps tactics are to have two CM’s do virtually nothing in a attacking respect apart from knocking it sideways, not always but when the opportunity in on at least attempt.

Not buying into your f**king nonsense any more Billy.
      You're going on ignore.

Quite why you constantly feel the need to try and drag me into your sh*t, I don't know, but it ends now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,324 posts | 2934 
      Reply #540: Jan 12, 2019 06:21:04 pm
      You're going on ignore.

Quite why you constantly feel the need to try and drag me into your sh*t, I don't know, but it ends now.

Ooh the truth hurt never mind I can live with your ignore button  :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,255 posts | 2356 
      Reply #541: Jan 12, 2019 06:22:04 pm

Dude I’m not debating the merits of the individual players - clearly they have more quality through their squad.

BUT

Their (Pep’s) whole philosophy is based on staying patient and trusting the method.

That is possibly the least controversial statement possible.

They don’t panic. When they do - they get beat e.g. Anfield twice last year.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,220 posts | 2162 
      Reply #542: Jan 12, 2019 06:25:00 pm
      Dude I’m not debating the merits of the individual players - but their (Pep’s) whole philosophy is based on staying patient and trusting the method.

That is possibly the least controversial statement possible.

They don’t panic. When they do - they get beat e.g. Anfield twice last year.

Same as ours this season against bus parkers.

Keep the ball, knock it around, make them chase us, wait for the mistake, then hit them hard.
      We did it well today, even though it wasn't pretty to watch, and but for a couple of missed sitters, the scoreline would show that we did what we wanted for most of the match.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,157 posts | 3382 
      Reply #543: Jan 12, 2019 06:29:34 pm
      You're going on ignore.

its hard to see how we ever get the ball up to the front three or score a single goal because we have no creation in midfield yet that Muppet Klopp keeps picking them.... :mad:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,157 posts | 3382 
      Reply #544: Jan 12, 2019 06:32:05 pm
      Waiting for the complaints when we win the league and Henderson lifts the Trophy He see's Mo in front of him but still passes it sideways to Gini.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,517 posts | 3293 
      Reply #545: Jan 12, 2019 06:32:41 pm

Don't care...we aren't Man City, we are Liverpool.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,655 posts | 1775 
      Reply #546: Jan 12, 2019 07:12:50 pm

I disagree, just because Wijnaldum and Hendo were lackluster doesn't mean there wasn't really anywhere to go forward in the first half. There is always space ahead and different options to progress forward. Better players like Kroos, Modric, Coutinho, Pjanic, Fabregas etc would have have been a lot more productive on and off the ball imo. And not even creative (DLPM/AMC) players are nessassary imo.

Fabinho in midfield has shown how much more productive he is from deep than any of our current midfielders. I have no doubt he would have been more progressive and would have encouraged a more positive possession game. However, that doesn't necessary mean having him on will guarantee 5+ goals though, for all we know, we would have lost with Fab in the middle! But I have no doubt we would have been better on the ball than what was shown with Hendo and Wijnaldum in midfield.
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2019 07:25:18 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,508 posts | 4902 
      • YNWA
      Reply #547: Jan 12, 2019 08:21:06 pm
      You really couldn't ask for more from this guy as of the last 4-5 weeks or so. He's been fantastic and that he moved to centre back with minimal fuss with a performance executed without fault is even more impressive. Fantastic and it's hard to believe that for a good portion of the season he was on the fringes of the squad, needing a lot of work done to get up to speed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,943 posts | 3338 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #548: Jan 12, 2019 10:39:43 pm
      Wonder if Souness is convinced by him now? What a load sh*t he was talking.
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,952 posts | 1106 
      Reply #549: Jan 12, 2019 10:58:02 pm
      Reads the game so well and has excellent technical ability.

I just think he’s so classy on the ball!

Another top signing by Klopp

Quick Reply