Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155379 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #575: Feb 15, 2019 07:37:14 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #576: Feb 15, 2019 10:59:39 am
      When he wasn't playing well early on O don't think anyone suggested he wouldn't come good. Along with Naby and the other midfielders we now have the ability to do many things in a game against many different opponents
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #577: Feb 16, 2019 11:47:22 pm

ESPN: Summer signing Fabinho has helped with these tactical alterations. Just how much is he blossoming in a Liverpool shirt after a slow start?

Lijnders: "To adapt to the intensity of our play, that takes time. Not many can do it, and in certain positions it is easier than others. If you are a front player and you come in, and you are used to playing in an attacking way, then it is easier, depending on the specific attributes you have as a player. For him, to play in a midfield three as we did at the start of the season, we knew from the first second, we knew from the videos that it would take time. His impulse of defending forward is absolutely of the highest level. The question as a No. 6 is that you are moving more side to side than forwards. Then of course you have to adapt, and then we find a good solution to change to 4-4-2. And from that moment it helped so much, and then you saw the real Fabinho. Inside the 'organised chaos' that we want, that we like, he is like a lighthouse, he controls it and for me, you can still have the style of the gaffer and how we want to identify ourselves. But with a player like Fabinho in the middle, the ball always goes out round. That's how they say it in Portuguese. His timing, his vision, his calmness, it gives another dimension to our midfield player."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/3774888/liverpool-no-2-pep-lijnders-on-salahs-role-change-fabinho-and-defensive-solidity
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #578: Feb 17, 2019 12:03:10 am
      ESPN: Summer signing Fabinho has helped with these tactical alterations. Just how much is he blossoming in a Liverpool shirt after a slow start?

Lijnders: "To adapt to the intensity of our play, that takes time. Not many can do it, and in certain positions it is easier than others. If you are a front player and you come in, and you are used to playing in an attacking way, then it is easier, depending on the specific attributes you have as a player. For him, to play in a midfield three as we did at the start of the season, we knew from the first second, we knew from the videos that it would take time. His impulse of defending forward is absolutely of the highest level. The question as a No. 6 is that you are moving more side to side than forwards. Then of course you have to adapt, and then we find a good solution to change to 4-4-2. And from that moment it helped so much, and then you saw the real Fabinho. Inside the 'organised chaos' that we want, that we like, he is like a lighthouse, he controls it and for me, you can still have the style of the gaffer and how we want to identify ourselves. But with a player like Fabinho in the middle, the ball always goes out round. That's how they say it in Portuguese. His timing, his vision, his calmness, it gives another dimension to our midfield player."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/3774888/liverpool-no-2-pep-lijnders-on-salahs-role-change-fabinho-and-defensive-solidity

Typical how the source is reporting it different to how it’s actually being said. By putting he had a slow start is their way of getting a sly dig in there IMO, saying he was sh*t. Why is it deemed a slow start? It’s pretty much becoming the norm for players arriving at the club now that they won’t be going straight into the team, unless you’re Virgil and Alisson obviously. But of course, slow start probably gets them more clicks than if they had put “adapting” instead.

Yeah it’s been a long day :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #579: Feb 19, 2019 10:20:42 pm
      I reckon he could even put in a decent performance in goal.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #580: Feb 19, 2019 10:31:38 pm
      Virgil got his work cut out to get back in a first choice CB 😂

Fab was solid
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #581: Feb 19, 2019 10:35:57 pm
      Very professional performance from this man, could be our 3rd choice CB at this rate.

Loved how when a tackle needed to be made he was there to make it nice and cleanly.

Although, would love to have him back in midfield with Gini and Naby, so let's hope we don't see him play CB anytime soon.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #582: Feb 20, 2019 12:06:54 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #583: Feb 20, 2019 02:42:16 am
      Pretty cool that one of the league’s best CB’s is one of our best midfielders. :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #584: Feb 20, 2019 08:27:17 pm
      Easily our best midfielder at the moment.

Yes I'll go with that.
      Was my MOTM v Bayern.

Shows again the skill and talent of our recruiting policy bringing in another star being unearthed.

Compared to TPM and The Committee it is like going from the ridiculous to the sublime.

Any flops so far post BR ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #585: Feb 20, 2019 08:44:50 pm
      Very professional performance from this man, could be our 3rd choice CB at this rate.

Loved how when a tackle needed to be made he was there to make it nice and cleanly.

Although, would love to have him back in midfield with Gini and Naby, so let's hope we don't see him play CB anytime soon.

so you didn't see Henderson play last night then. and by the way Fab was my man of the match last night.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #586: Feb 21, 2019 12:13:04 pm
      Yes I'll go with that.
      Was my MOTM v Bayern.

Shows again the skill and talent of our recruiting policy bringing in another star being unearthed.

Compared to TPM and The Committee it is like going from the ridiculous to the sublime.

Any flops so far post BR ?

Karius!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #587: Feb 21, 2019 12:22:04 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #588: Feb 21, 2019 01:39:25 pm

Yes.   Fumble-ina.

Had high hopes for Solanke .
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #589: Feb 21, 2019 01:43:35 pm

Yes.   Fumble-ina.

Had high hopes for Solanke .

I still think he has huge potential and could go on to be a CL quality player.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #590: Feb 22, 2019 10:46:09 pm

Even if people want to label the lad a flop the club still flipped him for a tidy profit. Karius really is the only transfer you could class as a flip and given he only cost 6/7 million quid (a fee that is an absolute punt in modern footy) it is pretty remarkable. Our transfers & recruitment under Klopp have been simply stunning. There’s no other word for it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #591: Feb 22, 2019 11:54:19 pm

Hang on which one?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #592: Feb 23, 2019 12:09:16 am
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #593: Feb 23, 2019 12:09:59 am
      so you didn't see Henderson play last night then. and by the way Fab was my man of the match last night.

I did mate and I commented on how well I thought Hendo did.

My personal preference is a midfield three of Fabinho, Gini & Keita, no disrespect to Hendo but I think that three are all playing in their best position in midfield and we have the most to gain from it.

With Hendo in there, someone out of the the other 3 will be playing out of position and I just don't think it works unless Fabinho is holding with Gini & Keita on either side.

When Ox is back I think he can give Keita a good run for his money in the more forward role.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #594: Feb 24, 2019 08:48:25 pm
      The pick of the midfield today, he really is the first name on the sheet for midfield.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #595: Feb 24, 2019 09:04:26 pm
      I thought he did well today.

Little too quick to bang it out early and surrender the space but otherwise I thought he did reasonably well.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #596: Feb 25, 2019 05:26:25 am
      Brilliant today again, was clearly my MOTM.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #597: Feb 25, 2019 02:31:25 pm
      Good stats, but not really a reflection of his talent yet.
      More to come from this lad.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/11247/Fabinho/stats

Quick Reply