Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155387 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #184: Jun 29, 2018 03:12:33 pm
      This may have been posted here at the time of the signing, but reading it just now has me fired up about our new-look midfield:

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/fabinho-perfect-counterweight-naby-keita
      « Last Edit: Jun 29, 2018 05:20:47 pm by JD »
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #185: Jul 01, 2018 08:45:45 am
      This may have been posted here at the time of the signing, but reading it just now has me fired up about our new-look midfield:

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/fabinho-perfect-counterweight-naby-keita

Yeah dude, our midfield has so much more range and dynamism now with these two midfield signings, which as the writer highlighted, was a big issue for us in both the CL final and against those teams we drew with in the PL that we ought to have beaten.

I'm actually more pumped by the Fabinho signing than Keita because I feel he has the traits to be our Kante/Fernandinho which we've sorely been lacking, with his transition play probably even better than Kante's.

It's really promising, regardless of whether we play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 (if we also end up signing a really creative #10). But I feel our pressing system is better than Man City's, so if we catch up with more suitable talent in that midfield department, watch out!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #186: Jul 03, 2018 07:05:18 pm
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fabinhos-wife-rebeca-tavares-reveals-14860550

I am excited about Fabinho coming in, but I don't think this is a particularly good idea. She's excited about it I understand, but if things don't start well (like players needing time to settle in UK sometimes don't), she really doesn't want to have her neck stuck out on Twitter.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #187: Jul 03, 2018 07:11:21 pm
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fabinhos-wife-rebeca-tavares-reveals-14860550

I am excited about Fabinho coming in, but I don't think this is a particularly good idea. She's excited about it I understand, but if things don't start well (like players needing time to settle in UK sometimes don't), she really doesn't want to have her neck stuck out on Twitter.

Especially with a lot of the weirdos and nutters on twitter
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #188: Jul 03, 2018 07:20:42 pm

Exactly. And if that ends up making her unhappy...it'll be hard for him to be happy. Wish somebody would encourage her to lay low for a bit, but she seems to enjoy the spotlight based on some of the videos she's already done with his signing and moving in.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #189: Jul 04, 2018 02:17:21 pm

Hopefully Ribapuru can restrain himself if Fabinho turns out to be the next Poulsen.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #190: Jul 05, 2018 08:47:37 am
      Roberto Fabinho says he was "never close" to joining Man u and LFC were his only choice, he added ''when Liverpool want you you just pack your bags''.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fabinho-when-liverpool-want-you-you-just-pack-your-bags-and-go
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2018 08:58:06 am by stuey »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #191: Jul 05, 2018 09:37:20 am
      Roberto Fabinho says he was "never close" to joining Man u and LFC were his only choice, he added ''when Liverpool want you you just pack your bags''.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fabinho-when-liverpool-want-you-you-just-pack-your-bags-and-go

I always said that  lad had a good brain in his head.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #192: Jul 05, 2018 09:40:16 pm
      Still not been assigned a number, I wonder if he's waiting for a player to soon depart to take his number? My money would be on Sturridge' 15.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #193: Jul 07, 2018 12:06:03 am
      Still not been assigned a number, I wonder if he's waiting for a player to soon depart to take his number? My money would be on Sturridge' 15.

Maybe.

Positionally he should take #6, Lovren #5 and then Gini could take something in the teens, but I guess that would be a little insulting to Gini who of course will still play a role in the squad/team this season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #194: Jul 07, 2018 12:26:33 am
      Maybe.

Positionally he should take #6, Lovren #5 and then Gini could take something in the teens, but I guess that would be a little insulting to Gini who of course will still play a role in the squad/team this season.

Doesn't work like that though. As long as he doesn't take a ridiculous number like Balotelli 45 and Markovic 50.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #195: Jul 07, 2018 12:31:02 am
      Doesn't work like that though. As long as he doesn't take a ridiculous number like Balotelli 45 and Markovic 50.

Should take 23.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #196: Jul 07, 2018 12:34:09 am

Thought he would have done actually.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #197: Jul 07, 2018 12:34:24 am

Yup.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #198: Jul 07, 2018 12:35:20 am

btw, in that training video today only one outfield player didn't take part in the 10v10 (besides Matip and Lallana who were out) - you guess it - Lazar.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #199: Jul 07, 2018 12:36:15 am
      Thought he would have done actually.

Carra should call around and tell him how he played CM, RB & CB.
      And it's available with Can f**ing off.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #200: Jul 07, 2018 01:02:42 am
      Guess we will get a good indication of what number vs Chester.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #201: Jul 07, 2018 11:15:10 am
      Can't wait to see this guy. If he turns out like what people have said about him then he's going to be some player for us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #202: Jul 07, 2018 11:32:39 am
      Will wear 3 for today’s game, still no number assigned for the season though so I think he’s definitely waiting for a player to leave.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #203: Jul 07, 2018 01:08:23 pm

Most scousers on twitter are already laughing their heads off at her tweets. I'd put her in charge of the club's official twitter account :laugh:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #204: Jul 07, 2018 02:19:59 pm
      He’s been a huge success in my fifa campaign so expecting big things.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #205: Jul 09, 2018 12:08:15 am
      I've only watched 45 minutes of this lad in his first pre season game he's not up to speed on fitness or Klopp's style of play and the opposition was pants but in my opinion he already looks an upgrade on Can.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #206: Jul 09, 2018 08:29:39 pm
      Meet Liverpool’s new “apple of the eyes”, Rebeca Tavares
      Fabinho’s wife Rebeca Tavares, conquered reds fans less than two months after the brazilian’s announcement

The sign of Fabinho left the world of Football surprised. Nobody in the press had not even a gossip about if midfielder would come to Anfield in the beggining of the transfer window. The sign was really celebrated by Liverpool’s fans, who saw in the brazilian a great replacement for Emre Can’s transfer to Juventus, projecting a strong midfield with Fabinho, Keita, Henderson and Milner fighting for two positions.

Not one red fan could expect what was to come from Fabinho: his wife, a phenomenon called Rebeca Tavares. Dating since 2013 and married since 2015, Rebeca and Fabinho share, besides the couple’s life, the passion for football.

That’s the main reason why Rebeca became an idol for many Liverpool fans. Since the announcement of Fabinho, she was showing knowlegde and happiness about moving to England. Many pictures were posted in Melwood. As if wasn’t enough, even after signing the contract and returning to Brazil on holidays, Rebeca kept posting the hashtags YNWA and Liverpool on her social networks. She went viral, especially because the happiness demonstrations seemed spontaneous.

“Anybody that enjoy football already know Liverpool fans, their warmth, the atmosphere. And wherever I go, I like to live football. Here, the fans breath Liverpool. Now I can really enjoy everything football has to offer”, tells Rebeca, on an exclusive interview for Linha Esportiva.

Besides football, Rebeca is also passionate about the social networks. She’s a huge enthusiast of the interaction with the fans. Therefore, many of her posts went viral.  She liked fans’ pictures, including one which Sergio Ramos, villain of the Reds after injurying Mo Salah on the Champions League final, was crying after being knocked out of the World Cup. Instagram Stories containing memes. Friendly conversations with fans on Instagram.  She is still surprised with the repercussion she gained on social networks, accumulating thousands of followers since Fabinho joined Liverpool.”Everything was surprising. I stay layed in bed with Fabinho, interacting with them, watching, laughing. It’s really fun. I don’t count the number of followers, it doesn’t really matter to me, but I know I got many since we arrived at Liverpool”, she says

And the beauty’s passion for football isn’t only for being a fan. She also loves to play, as she signed for woman’s Monaco team while Fabinho played in the Ligue 1. Without knowing about this, the Reds were on fire when she published a wonder goal scored by her in a friendly match in Brazil – and recorded by the husband.  “Since I was little, I always carried a football on my backpack. I always played, on the streets, in school. And then I scored this goal, saw that Fabinho had recorded and thought “well, let’s post it”. But I wasn’t expecting that few minutes later it would be a hit on Twitter or on Instagram. I’m speechless. This warm welcome from the Liverpool fans is wonderful.”

In order to improve the interaction, Rebeca reactivated  her Twitter account. In just a few days, she had more than 30 thousand followers, dying to know more about the “Liverpool’s new queen”.

Fabinho, who also has a veryfied account, still hasn’t followed her on Twitter back then. And she was fast to respond the fans about the situation, with, obviously, a great sense of humour.

She got so many fans for herself that one of them bought Liverpool’s new shirt with the number 10 in the back… and the name of R. Tavares! “I was impressed with all the affection demonstrations, but that was the most surprising. I was laughing out loud and told Fabinho “no way, this can’t be happening. I’m so glad they really liked me”.  I was trully happy. They feel real hard the club’s collors and I thank God for putting us in this amazing place”, Rebeca told.

Rebeca also demonstrates charisma by speaking English. On Instagram stories, she speaks really well. In the typing conversations on Twitter, shows fluency on the language. She guarantees: “English always was my favourite language. Since I was 12, 13, I try to speak. When I married Fabinho and went to live in Monaco, I couldn’t speak French and I was always trying to speak English.”

Rebeca and Fabinho joins a roster who demonstrates on social networks real character and unit. Dinners, friendly words from the teammates, one rooting for each ohet on Instagram Stories.. “This was one of the main reasons why we came here. It’s a family club and Fabinho and I are very close, we do all the things together. Liverpool gives us this atmosphere, this environment. Many players already came to us and told that as soon as the roster is complete (many of the players are playing the World Cup or on vacation) we will do lots of things together, really including us on the “Liverpool family”, tells Rebeca.

Like we know, Internet is a place with a many of “trolls” and “haters”. What if Liverpool, or Fabinho himself, goes through a difficult phase.. Would that change Rebeca’s way of seeing Twitter and Instagram? “My intention is to keep interacting with them forever, during the whole season. Being wife of a public person doesn’t make me any different ou unreachable. I am prepared for “haters”, I know this day will come. When we are exposing ourselves, those things can happen. But I am going to ignore the bad people and pay attention on the people who really deserve”.

YNWA, Rebeca! You already have a whole crowd walking by your side.

http://www.linhaesportiva.com.br/meet-liverpools-new-apple-of-the-eyes-rebeca-tavares/

Happy wife = happy Fabinho!

Quick Reply