Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155487 times
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #322: Oct 03, 2018 11:57:46 am
      Obviously unaware of Hendo signing a new long term contract extension in recent weeks.

So we can get a few more quid of someone yea
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #323: Oct 13, 2018 02:14:56 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #324: Oct 13, 2018 05:46:02 pm

If he is played as RB for Brazil then surely he must be quite quick.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #325: Oct 13, 2018 08:39:37 pm
      If he is played as RB for Brazil then surely he must be quite quick.
      Could that mean that Klopp is ready to part with Clyne..??
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #326: Oct 20, 2018 08:51:30 pm
      I thought he looked lively and much sharper in the small cameo today.

He even showed a burst of pace going past a couple of Huddersfield midfielders.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #327: Oct 20, 2018 10:29:08 pm

I agree, he brought more composure to the midfield when he came on.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #328: Oct 20, 2018 11:00:43 pm

I think he'll be a vital piece as this season progresses. You can see the quality he's going to bring, he still needs to get used to playing with this team.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #329: Oct 21, 2018 12:42:13 am
      Thought Fabinho looked good. He just needs to get up to the speed of the game and get some more practice with team mates. He will be a real asset as he's a type of player we really need. I was watching him following Gini in the midfield making the shape was right. Very disciplined player I think.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #330: Oct 21, 2018 12:53:57 pm
      Fabinho looked slow and insecure. He's definitely not a hit like Mané or Salah who did cost the same category of money. Hopefully he'll at least reach the level of Henderson or Milner to serve as a role player. Keita and Shaq are the ones to look forward to in midfield.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #331: Oct 21, 2018 02:04:29 pm
      There is a huge opportunity for him to take that 6 role now that Hendo might be out for a game or 2, so hopefully he will take it and make that position his own.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #332: Oct 21, 2018 05:01:13 pm
      Fabinho looked slow and insecure. He's definitely not a hit like Mané or Salah who did cost the same category of money. Hopefully he'll at least reach the level of Henderson or Milner to serve as a role player. Keita and Shaq are the ones to look forward to in midfield.
      I'm not sure how to respond to this... Judging him in yesterday's game when everyone was sh*te!... He did as well as Hendo and Milner and they are used to the setup, during the international break Brazil had him as a fullback. Keita and Shaq aren't even DM and neither are Salah or Mane... It's ridiculous to compare Fabinho with attacking players.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #333: Oct 21, 2018 05:02:46 pm
      There is a huge opportunity for him to take that 6 role now that Hendo might be out for a game or 2, so hopefully he will take it and make that position his own.
      I think Gini will probably get the nod against Red Star, but if Hendo isn't okay then Fabinho should get the Cardiff game I think.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #334: Oct 21, 2018 10:07:54 pm
      It's ridiculous to compare Fabinho with attacking players.

I judge him generally without looking at his position. Mané and Salah did cost the same and came to play, right away. Shaq was much more inexpensive than Fabinho and is looking better overall, showing potential. Keita was more expensive but also showed huge potential so far. Fabinho just looks very ordinary, kind of Jordan Henderson or James Milner, just slower and less decisive. Of course I might have said the same about Ox, so I do not write Fabinho off here, but it begins to smell a little bit, because I thought he'd be a downright improvement to our midfield, just like Mané and Salah for our offense.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #335: Oct 21, 2018 10:27:21 pm
      I judge him generally without looking at his position. Mané and Salah did cost the same and came to play, right away. Shaq was much more inexpensive than Fabinho and is looking better overall, showing potential. Keita was more expensive but also showed huge potential so far. Fabinho just looks very ordinary, kind of Jordan Henderson or James Milner, just slower and less decisive. Of course I might have said the same about Ox, so I do not write Fabinho off here, but it begins to smell a little bit, because I thought he'd be a downright improvement to our midfield, just like Mané and Salah for our offense.

It’s a good job you were not around when we signed the likes of Rush and Keegan!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #336: Oct 22, 2018 04:53:32 am

Your whole point is obsolete through using the word offense.

It's attack you half-wit!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #337: Oct 22, 2018 07:38:18 am

He didn't look particularly slow when he burst past 2 or 3 of their players and went on a forward run with the ball.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #338: Oct 22, 2018 10:22:33 am
      People can make all the judgements they want but he’s not played enough for anyone to have a real formulated opinion yet
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #339: Oct 22, 2018 11:41:39 am

If you think every expensive footballer who joins a new club in a new league settles immediately and performs to their highest level then you have clearly only started watching football and are not yet educated enough to make opinions on the subject.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #340: Oct 22, 2018 12:27:26 pm
      Your whole point is obsolete through using the word offense.

It's attack you half-wit!!

Or blitzkrieg in his world
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #341: Oct 24, 2018 09:55:12 pm
      Delighted for him tonight finally got to show us what hes about
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047