Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155427 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #368: Oct 26, 2018 12:27:41 pm
      They weren’t great - very poor at the back , clumsy on the ball in the middle

It was a nice opposition to play when you are searching for goals - clearly a 4th spot team you get in most groups

Obviously the weakest team in the group but I have no doubt they would give any team outside of the top 6 a game.

Certainly don’t agree with your analysis of them being clumsy on the ball.

First 20 mins they were causing us all sorts of issues.

I just think their tactics were a bit naive.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #369: Oct 26, 2018 05:51:21 pm
      A bit disrespectful for a team who qualified for the CL by knocking out Salzburg and holding Napoli to a draw, who incidentally completely dismantled us!

"held Napoli to a draw".
      A result that looks good on paper, then you realise that Napoli went away from home with the mentality of getting a point, or trying to nick a win.

Napoli didn't "dismantle" us at all, that's pure revisionism.

PSG beat them 6-1, and that's about right.

They are a poor team, and would do well not to get relegated from the prem.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #370: Oct 26, 2018 05:53:42 pm
      Obviously the weakest team in the group but I have no doubt they would give any team outside of the top 6 a game.

Certainly don’t agree with your analysis of them being clumsy on the ball.

First 20 mins they were causing us all sorts of issues.

I just think their tactics were a bit naive.

Watch the match again, look at how they line up, trying to completely overload our left, then watch how once we got a grip of that, we completely dominated them.

Any time a team uses a gimmicky tactic, like kicking off with 4 players on their right, you know they are piss poor and counting on what they think is a "surprise" tactic to try and nick a goal, then sit back for the rest of the match trying not to concede.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #371: Oct 26, 2018 06:11:12 pm
      "held Napoli to a draw".
      A result that looks good on paper, then you realise that Napoli went away from home with the mentality of getting a point, or trying to nick a win.

Napoli didn't "dismantle" us at all, that's pure revisionism.

PSG beat them 6-1, and that's about right.

They are a poor team, and would do well not to get relegated from the prem.

First time in a decade we didn’t register a shot on target in something like a decade.

Take off your red specs! We were lucky to escape with just a 1-0 loss.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #372: Oct 26, 2018 06:31:50 pm
      First time in a decade we didn’t register a shot on target in something like a decade.

Take off your red specs! We were lucky to escape with just a 1-0 loss.

Napoli parked the bus and got away with it because our front line was out of sorts.
      They didn't "dominate" us.

I have no idea why you want to dress up Belgrade as a decent side, although I have to say it appears agenda driven, given that you ignore the PSG result.
      They are not a good or even decent side.
      They are poor, and nothing you or anyone else can say will convince me otherwise.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #373: Oct 26, 2018 07:15:49 pm
      Napoli parked the bus and got away with it because our front line was out of sorts.
      They didn't "dominate" us.

I have no idea why you want to dress up Belgrade as a decent side, although I have to say it appears agenda driven, given that you ignore the PSG result.
      They are not a good or even decent side.
      They are poor, and nothing you or anyone else can say will convince me otherwise.

You are a funny old man or maybe your memory is starting to fade.

Napoli parked the bus? Are you talking about the Italian team we played a couple of weeks ago - FYI they had

57% Possession, 14 shots and 4 on target against our paltry 4 off target. But yeah they were parking the bus!!!

I can understand a Reds fan claiming we are the bestest and greatest team ever, that sort of stuff is best left to the youngsters.

As for an agenda your subconscious bias is quite apparent, "Fabinho was slow on the turn", "slow off the mark" apparently "goes to ground too often which will cost us at some point", "the opposition were sh*te".....................Not one mention of him putting in a performance befitting of a DM.

Maybe if you had not nailed your colours to the mast so strongly with your "midfield general" who controls and dictates play like a regista, something which only you and a couple of others on here can see, it might be easier to for you to see Fabinho in one game made more tackles than Henderson has all season, more forward runs with the ball, recycled the ball to the front players with a pace we have not seen all season
      We looked like a balanced midfield with a player who at the base of midfield is technically comfortable on the ball.

He's not bad for one brought in as cover for RB.   :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #374: Oct 26, 2018 08:16:44 pm
      You are a funny old man or maybe your memory is starting to fade.

Napoli parked the bus? Are you talking about the Italian team we played a couple of weeks ago - FYI they had

57% Possession, 14 shots and 4 on target against our paltry 4 off target. But yeah they were parking the bus!!!

I can understand a Reds fan claiming we are the bestest and greatest team ever, that sort of stuff is best left to the youngsters.

As for an agenda your subconscious bias is quite apparent, "Fabinho was slow on the turn", "slow off the mark" apparently "goes to ground too often which will cost us at some point", "the opposition were sh*te".....................Not one mention of him putting in a performance befitting of a DM.

Maybe if you had not nailed your colours to the mast so strongly with your "midfield general" who controls and dictates play like a regista, something which only you and a couple of others on here can see, it might be easier to for you to see Fabinho in one game made more tackles than Henderson has all season, more forward runs with the ball, recycled the ball to the front players with a pace we have not seen all season
      We looked like a balanced midfield with a player who at the base of midfield is technically comfortable on the ball.

He's not bad for one brought in as cover for RB.   :D

You can try and twist things whichever way you want fella, I don't really give a F**k.

Your agenda is clear.
      You're trying to big up a player based on spurious stats and bullshit arguments.

My observations on Fabinho are simply that; observations.

He IS slow on the turn, he DOES take time to get up to speed (like so many said about Can), and he DOES go to ground far too much and it WILL bite him in the arse at some point.
      I think the guy has plenty of potential, but also a lot to learn.
      Thinking he's the finished article and without fault is as deluded as thinking that Red Star are anything other than a mediocre (at best) team.

I understand you think that sliding tackles are wonderful and mean a player is terrific, but sadly that's not really the case.

Perhaps you could also post the positives I said about him?

Perhaps you could stop relying on one result to prove a point that doesn't really exist?

Perhaps you, in your desire to slag one player off at the expense of another could try to understand that it's not either or, and that some of us don't play that game, and can appreciate all our players whilst not spending our time slagging off this years forum scapegoat.
      Or is that too complicated for you?
      You know, to hold more than one thought in your head at a time.

or maybe, just maybe, you could treat my observations and opinions with the respect you demand for your own, instead of trying to insist that Red Star Belgrade are anything but a pretty sh*t side, although since you are now trying to paint him as primarily a back up for RB, I won't hold my breath for anything other than more bullshit.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #375: Oct 27, 2018 08:18:45 am
      I think Klopp has handled his introduction to the team brilliantly and I suspect we will continue to see him feature more prominently in Europe rather than the prem. He played very well in midweek and was one of our best players on the night. However, I do think people are getting a little bit carried away, the game reminded me of Can’s performance against Villarreal at Anfield in the Europa League a few seasons back. Everyone went crazy for him in here but Villarreal dropped off and let him run the game with all the time in the world. Unfortunately Can rarely replicated that sort of performance. Wedenesday was a bit like that once we got the goal. We’ll see what Fabinho is truly made of when we’re under the cosh for 20 minutes at a raucous Selhurst Park on a Monday night. I think it’s the traditional high tempo epl football that he is currently being eased into. He looks good so far though.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #376: Oct 27, 2018 08:40:42 am
      Do think we are too quick to bull someone up before they can show they can do it on a consistent scale. No doubt Fab has qualities Hendo hasn't and vice versa the key will be to utilize these in specific games to suit the individuals skills set
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #377: Oct 27, 2018 12:24:33 pm
      I think Klopp has handled his introduction to the team brilliantly and I suspect we will continue to see him feature more prominently in Europe rather than the prem. He played very well in midweek and was one of our best players on the night. However, I do think people are getting a little bit carried away, the game reminded me of Can’s performance against Villarreal at Anfield in the Europa League a few seasons back. Everyone went crazy for him in here but Villarreal dropped off and let him run the game with all the time in the world. Unfortunately Can rarely replicated that sort of performance. Wedenesday was a bit like that once we got the goal. We’ll see what Fabinho is truly made of when we’re under the cosh for 20 minutes at a raucous Selhurst Park on a Monday night. I think it’s the traditional high tempo epl football that he is currently being eased into. He looks good so far though.

Do think we are too quick to bull someone up before they can show they can do it on a consistent scale. No doubt Fab has qualities Hendo hasn't and vice versa the key will be to utilize these in specific games to suit the individuals skills set

I've said the same things about him since I first saw him, when people asked what I thought.
      It's still way too early to make a real judgement, but the couple of things I picked up on are pretty easily fixed.

For instance he gets done on the turn, because he's being just a little too aggressive and stepping forwards a little too quickly.
      If he takes a half step back instead, it fixes that pretty much immediately.
      Same with going to ground.

He looks like he could be a proper player for us, and lets face it, every player has something in their game they need to work on.
      The fact that he's only just turned 25 and should soon be in his prime years bodes well.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #378: Oct 27, 2018 12:58:35 pm
      From the two games I've seen with Fabinho in, I can say he's either kept up or excelled when comparing to our other players. Let's not compare him to Henderson, it's a bit unfair. It's like comparing a ford mondeo to a Ferrari... Both have their uses. Fabinho is the Ferrari here by the way.
      « Last Edit: Oct 27, 2018 01:59:04 pm by Ribapuru »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #379: Oct 27, 2018 02:26:52 pm
      Red Star conceded 10 goals in two games that alone qualifies them as sh*te.
      Really happy to see Fabhino start again he has something about him that makes you think he is going to be a complete monster given time.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #380: Oct 29, 2018 05:27:35 am
      A bit disrespectful for a team who qualified for the CL by knocking out Salzburg and holding Napoli to a draw, who incidentally completely dismantled us!

Napoli dismantled us? Must have watched a different game mate!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #381: Nov 03, 2018 11:32:19 pm
      Couldn't keep up with the intensity of the game tonight. I thought he had a poor game maybe because of the lack of fitness or he just can't keep up with the pace of Torreira, Ozil and Mkhitaryan. Some sloppy passes and almost got himself sent off.

Still early days but I have doubts if he will be able to cope with the intensity of this league. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #382: Nov 03, 2018 11:53:43 pm
      Couldn't keep up with the intensity of the game tonight. I thought he had a poor game maybe because of the lack of fitness or he just can't keep up with the pace of Torreira, Ozil and Mkhitaryan. Some sloppy passes and almost got himself sent off.

Still early days but I have doubts if he will be able to cope with the intensity of this league.

The way I look at it is; Lucas was slower, but made up for it with great positioning and game intelligence, both of which can be taught (one more than the other), so I still have high hopes for him.

I think he needs more time to adjust, and he needs to curb his tendency to dive in, but I reckon some of that is down to a desire to prove himself.
      If he calms down a bit, and listens to Klopp, he'll be fine and will play a pretty big part in our season.

I think he's probably a bit of an upgrade on Can, who he was bought to replace, but he didn't have a good day today.
      I'm sure he'll have plenty of good days in the future though.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #383: Nov 03, 2018 11:56:36 pm
      The way I look at it is; Lucas was slower, but made up for it with great positioning and game intelligence, both of which can be taught (one more than the other), so I still have high hopes for him.

I think he needs more time to adjust, and he needs to curb his tendency to dive in, but I reckon some of that is down to a desire to prove himself.
      If he calms down a bit, and listens to Klopp, he'll be fine and will play a pretty big part in our season.

I think he's probably a bit of an upgrade on Can, who he was bought to replace, but he didn't have a good day today.

Fair analysis and criticisms. It's also not as if he didn't have some decent moments as well, but agree with the above. Henderson and Keita supposed to be in full training Monday, but I doubt Klopp will use either of them vs. Red Star, so Fabinho probably is in from the start again midweek.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #384: Nov 03, 2018 11:57:23 pm

I hope so. against Red Star he looked really decent, but that's against Red star. I'm just worried about his fitness, so hopefully he just needs more time to get it up and running so he can cope with the intensity of the league and not turn into another Nuri Sahin.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #385: Nov 04, 2018 12:00:27 am
      I hope so. against Red Star he looked really decent, but that's against Red star. I'm just worried about his fitness, so hopefully he just needs more time to get it up and running so he can cope with the intensity of the league and not turn into another Nuri Sahin.

I don't think it's his fitness mate, I think it's his speed over short distances, from a standing start.
      He's not quick off the mark, and I think against top teams playing a high tempo, that's a real weakness.
      Positioning will help that, but so will learning the league, and knowing when to be aggressive and when to step back.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #386: Nov 04, 2018 12:04:21 am
      Fair analysis and criticisms. It's also not as if he didn't have some decent moments as well, but agree with the above. Henderson and Keita supposed to be in full training Monday, but I doubt Klopp will use either of them vs. Red Star, so Fabinho probably is in from the start again midweek.

Some think that if you like Henderson, you dislike Fabinho.
      Mostly because of the narrative they try to create where Fabinho is Hendersons replacement, rather than the replacement for Can that he really is.

I don't see what Fabinho has to do with Henderson, or vice versa.
      If one is better than the other, he'll play, and that strengthens the team, so it's all good.

Red Star away are going to really come at us at the start again, but I still think it would be a good game for Fabinho to play.
      He's had less than half a season here, so he's still getting used to the other lads.
      Game time will help with that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #387: Nov 04, 2018 12:08:46 am
      I don't think it's his fitness mate, I think it's his speed over short distances, from a standing start.
      He's not quick off the mark, and I think against top teams playing a high tempo, that's a real weakness.
      Positioning will help that, but so will learning the league, and knowing when to be aggressive and when to step back.

No issues with his speed off the mark, you don’t play full back if that is that is the case.

He was easily played past today with 1-2’s some of which because Emery the clever f**ker that he is overloaded in midfield with both full backs pushed up and on occasions because he wasn’t sure of exactly what he should be doing.

He will be fine as this game showed Klopp is occasionally done by opposition managers just as much as the players.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #388: Nov 04, 2018 12:15:50 am
      No issues with his speed off the mark, you don’t play full back if that is that is the case.

He was easily played past today with 1-2’s some of which because Emery the clever f**ker that he is overloaded in midfield with both full backs pushed up and on occasions because he wasn’t sure of exactly what he should be doing.

Have you seen him play full back?
      I have, and he's slow off the mark there as well, although it's less noticeable because, for Brazil, he tends to play as a tucked in fullback making almost a 3rd CB rather than one who is galloping forwards all the time like Robertson or TAA.
      Presumably, that's why he was switched to DM at Monaco.
      He's OK once he gets up to speed, but he's slow off the mark, and on the turn, so he needs to make up for that by being better at positioning.
      He'll get there though, I'm pretty sure of that, because he's a good footballer.

It was less that Emery overloaded midfield, and more that 2 of 3 CM and a couple of others had poor games.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #389: Nov 04, 2018 12:31:21 am
      Have you seen him play full back?
      I have, and he's slow off the mark there as well, although it's less noticeable because, for Brazil, he tends to play as a tucked in fullback making almost a 3rd CB rather than one who is galloping forwards all the time like Robertson or TAA.
      Presumably, that's why he was switched to DM at Monaco.
      He's OK once he gets up to speed, but he's slow off the mark, and on the turn, so he needs to make up for that by being better at positioning.
      He'll get there though, I'm pretty sure of that, because he's a good footballer.

It was less that Emery overloaded midfield, and more that 2 of 3 CM and a couple of others had poor games.

Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition and Emery did a number on us like he has previously.

But no doubt the midfield combination was poor today.

PS not really seen him as a full back but saw him as a DM for Monaco when they beat City in CL. Was no slouch on that occasion.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #390: Nov 04, 2018 04:38:50 am
      Don’t think he was as bad as some are making out he was, it was far from a stand out performance but he put in some good tackles and the slow off the mark thing is a bit of an exaggeration. Think his build just makes him look slower than he is.

Quick Reply