Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155403 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #391: Nov 04, 2018 07:22:19 am
      I don't think it's his fitness mate, I think it's his speed over short distances, from a standing start.
      He's not quick off the mark, and I think against top teams playing a high tempo, that's a real weakness.
      Positioning will help that, but so will learning the league, and knowing when to be aggressive and when to step back.

Yep, and I’d say Lucas was much quicker over 5-10 yards. He was a real weak link yesterday. Both on and off the ball. He caught in possession a couple of tunes early and then was hearing footsteps for the rest of the game which affected his passing which was poor. Hendo gets criticised for backwards passes and bounce passes all the time but Fabinho did just that, often helping their press by giving a team mate a poor pass with arsenal players in close proximity. I wouldn’t play him in the next big EPL game and thought lallana should have been on at half-time. Let him grow in the European games and at home in the epl against the lesser sides.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #392: Nov 04, 2018 07:46:22 am
      Yep, and I’d say Lucas was much quicker over 5-10 yards. He was a real weak link yesterday. Both on and off the ball. He caught in possession a couple of tunes early and then was hearing footsteps for the rest of the game which affected his passing which was poor. Hendo gets criticised for backwards passes and bounce passes all the time but Fabinho did just that, often helping their press by giving a team mate a poor pass with arsenal players in close proximity. I wouldn’t play him in the next big EPL game and thought lallana should have been on at half-time. Let him grow in the European games and at home in the epl against the lesser sides.

I think some are being overly harsh on him, the entire midfield plus TAA and Bobby had poor games today. Add to that that Mo still hasn't found his scoring boots or mojo and we were actually lucky to escape with a point.
      In hindsight we should have played a more attacking midfield with Shaq helping the forwards, not Klopp’s finest hour tactically.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #393: Nov 04, 2018 09:17:49 am
      Give him time there's a lot more to come from Fabinho but he needs a pacy midfielder like Keita next to him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #394: Nov 04, 2018 10:04:13 am
      I think some are being overly harsh on him, the entire midfield plus TAA and Bobby had poor games today. Add to that that Mo still hasn't found his scoring boots or mojo and we were actually lucky to escape with a point.
      In hindsight we should have played a more attacking midfield with Shaq helping the forwards, not Klopp’s finest hour tactically.

how is Klopp responsible for a player giving the ball away with sloppy passing and losing it in soft tackles if this had been Henderson the usual mob would be baying for his blood.
      He is ok if he has space in front of him and the other team don't press him but he looked terrible yesterday.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #395: Nov 04, 2018 10:20:02 am
      Fab was left out to dry by Milner and Gini.
      By going with a 433 he had acres of space to cover without the compactness from the other 2 midfielders.
      Klopp hinted at this in his post match presser.

In hindsight we should have gone with the double pivot of a 4231.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1631 
      Reply #396: Nov 04, 2018 11:25:49 am
      Like I said previously people to quick to Judge when he played against two very poor midfields time to Judge him against better sides and he failed the test . Hendo would have played this game if fit no question
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #397: Nov 04, 2018 12:07:08 pm
      Like I said previously people to quick to Judge when he played against two very poor midfields time to Judge him against better sides and he failed the test . Hendo would have played this game if fit no question

I think "failed the test" is a bit harsh.

He wasn't awful.
      I think his game yesterday is best described as mediocre, for me.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #398: Nov 04, 2018 12:10:15 pm

Luck ? Overall arsenal controlled the game but remember we hit the post twice and had a good goal disallowed
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #399: Nov 04, 2018 12:43:59 pm
      how is Klopp responsible for a player giving the ball away with sloppy passing and losing it in soft tackles if this had been Henderson the usual mob would be baying for his blood.
      He is ok if he has space in front of him and the other team don't press him but he looked terrible yesterday.

When did I say Klopp was responsible for a players poor performance? What he is responsible for is replacing a player playing poorly and tweaking his system to counter the other team
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #400: Nov 04, 2018 12:46:07 pm
      Luck ? Overall arsenal controlled the game but remember we hit the post twice and had a good goal disallowed

Both teams came close to scoring on multiple occasions but Arsenal had more control in that game so yes based on the performance I'm happy with the point.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #401: Nov 04, 2018 01:11:24 pm
      Some players take longer to settle. The Robbo situation gives me plenty of hope for Fab to push on a ways still.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1631 
      Reply #402: Nov 04, 2018 01:39:40 pm
      I think "failed the test" is a bit harsh.

He wasn't awful.
      I think his game yesterday is best described as mediocre, for me.
      Maybe harsh but it's true not ready yet to play in a game of that magnitude. Not saying he won't make it but maybe to early at the moment
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #403: Nov 04, 2018 02:13:44 pm
      He wasn’t great but deffo not sh*t. I really rate him and will turn out to be a quality player for us
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #404: Nov 04, 2018 10:25:31 pm
      He wasn't that bad, I think his ability to hold the ball when under extreme pressure looks good. I think he'll be like Gini in that respect. He needs more time to get match fit. Playing time will definitely help the link up play aspect, he needs to get and understanding of his team mates. I did not think he was bad yesterday, I think at the start of the match we were pretty sloppy. I put that down to the fact we are playing Arsenal away with an eye on the CL on Tuesday. Fabinho will turn out to be top notch if he is fortunate to go without injury for a prolonged period.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #405: Nov 05, 2018 03:21:55 pm
      Fab was left out to dry by Milner and Gini.
      By going with a 433 he had acres of space to cover without the compactness from the other 2 midfielders.
      Klopp hinted at this in his post match presser.

In hindsight we should have gone with the double pivot of a 4231.

So it's Milner and Wijnaldums fault he had a poor-ish game?

The same 2 players who have no problems with "being compact" when Henderson plays?

I see other posters are trying to blame Klopp as well.

This is F***ing ridiculous.
      He had (at best) a mediocre game.
      He'll have more in the future, and good games as well, hopefully more of the latter, that's the nature of football.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #406: Nov 05, 2018 05:11:57 pm
      So it's Milner and Wijnaldums fault he had a poor-ish game?

The same 2 players who have no problems with "being compact" when Henderson plays?

I see other posters are trying to blame Klopp as well.

This is f**king ridiculous.
      He had (at best) a mediocre game.
      He'll have more in the future, and good games as well, hopefully more of the latter, that's the nature of football.

Midfield play as a unit so if it’s dysfunctional then the deepest player will be left exposed. Fairly obvious.

And as for the assertion that we are always compact when Henderson plays. Hmm enough examples just this season shows that is nonsense.

I didn’t say Fab was anything more than mediocre but the witch hunt was a bit ridiculous and if looked at objectively then imo he did ok defensively bearing in mind he had to plug so many holes because Gini went missing and Milner did his usual trick of moving out to the wing leaving too much space in midfield.
      Arsenal were very clever in pushing their full backs so we were always out manned in midfield.

On the ball I agree he was not great.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #407: Nov 05, 2018 05:41:09 pm
      Didn't have a great game. Neither did Milly or Gini.

Eh...it happens. Much too small of a sample size to be considered anything other than a blip. I'm sure they will all come back with a vengeance. Good news is we have a large squad so if a player does have a downturn, we've got someone to step up now where we didn't in year's past.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #408: Nov 05, 2018 05:56:21 pm
      Midfield play as a unit so if it’s dysfunctional then the deepest player will be left exposed. Fairly obvious.

And as for the assertion that we are always compact when Henderson plays. Hmm enough examples just this season shows that is nonsense.

I didn’t say Fab was anything more than mediocre but the witch hunt was a bit ridiculous and if looked at objectively then imo he did ok defensively bearing in mind he had to plug so many holes because Gini went missing and Milner did his usual trick of moving out to the wing leaving too much space in midfield.
      Arsenal were very clever in pushing their full backs so we were always out manned in midfield.

On the ball I agree he was not great.

We are much more compact when Henderson plays, for the simple reason that the 3 of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner have played together for much longer.
      Wijnaldum and Milner didn't "go missing", Fabinho followed the ball too much and was out of position, which I'm putting down to a bit of him being too keen, and not yet gelling with the other players.

There's no witch hunt against Fabinho, unlike the real with hunt against Henderson.

It's not a "trick" by Milner, that's part of his job in the system we play.
      I've explained before that width and creativity comes from the 2 FB's getting forwards, but of course people don't want to really understand how we play, they just want to moan.
      Milner played behind Robertson, Wijnaldum played behind (and slightly inside of) TAA, Milner and Robertson were supported by Mane, and Firmino dropped deep to provide cover in midfield for when Wijnaldum supported TAA. Fabinho's job was to hold the centre, in both the horizontal and vertical zones, and he failed to do it, and pushed forwards when he should have stayed back, failed to support the wider players, got bullied several times by Xhaka, and showed a worrying lack of pace.
      As things stand, I'd much rather see him play in front of Henderson in a staggered 3 (possession play) until he really gels with his teammates.
      Once he and the other lads get that understanding, I'm sure he'll be fine. It just takes a bit of time in systems as complex as Klopp's.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #409: Nov 05, 2018 06:29:08 pm
      We are much more compact when Henderson plays, for the simple reason that the 3 of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner have played together for much longer.
      Wijnaldum and Milner didn't "go missing", Fabinho followed the ball too much and was out of position, which I'm putting down to a bit of him being too keen, and not yet gelling with the other players.

There's no witch hunt against Fabinho, unlike the real with hunt against Henderson.

It's not a "trick" by Milner, that's part of his job in the system we play.
      I've explained before that width and creativity comes from the 2 FB's getting forwards, but of course people don't want to really understand how we play, they just want to moan.
      Milner played behind Robertson, Wijnaldum played behind (and slightly inside of) TAA, Milner and Robertson were supported by Mane, and Firmino dropped deep to provide cover in midfield for when Wijnaldum supported TAA. Fabinho's job was to hold the centre, in both the horizontal and vertical zones, and he failed to do it, and pushed forwards when he should have stayed back, failed to support the wider players, got bullied several times by Xhaka, and showed a worrying lack of pace.
      As things stand, I'd much rather see him play in front of Henderson in a staggered 3 (possession play) until he really gels with his teammates.
      Once he and the other lads get that understanding, I'm sure he'll be fine. It just takes a bit of time in systems as complex as Klopp's.

He was covering the holes that were being exposed by Arsenal.

Ask yourself how we’re Arsenal able to find so many free players in midfield at will.
      There is only Fabinho he can’t cover every opposition midfielder!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #410: Nov 05, 2018 06:46:20 pm
      He was covering the holes that were being exposed by Arsenal.

Ask yourself how we’re Arsenal able to find so many free players in midfield at will.
      There is only Fabinho he can’t cover every opposition midfielder!

He really wasn't.
      In fact he was covering very little, hence so many saying he had a poor game.

Trying to blame his poor game on other players really is scraping the barrel.

The other lads did reasonable jobs, Fabinho didn't.
      Even an out of sorts Wijnaldum kept the shape well, and did what was asked of him, he just didn't shine in the way he has this season.

Like I said, Fabinho will have better games; it's very early days for him, but trying to blame other players for his lack of speed, awareness, physical frailty, poor passing and being out of position is just silly.
      He'll get better at all those things, and what he can't control he can make up for by developing other attributes.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #411: Nov 07, 2018 09:33:30 am
      The lad is still adapting. Give him time you can already see he is a level above what we have, well I can anyway.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fabinho-admits-hes-still-adapting-15376470.amp
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #412: Nov 08, 2018 06:55:00 am

He was easily played past today with 1-2’s some of which because Emery the clever f**ker that he is overloaded in midfield with both full backs pushed up and on occasions because he wasn’t sure of exactly what he should be doing.

Emery did the number on Fabinho as he did on Moreno in the EL Final. 

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #413: Nov 11, 2018 07:34:42 pm
      Thought Fab played well today he was easily the best in midfield out of him, Gini and Hendo when he came on.

Quick Reply