Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155486 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #414: Nov 11, 2018 11:37:17 pm
      Did he go to the same school as Lucas.....some of his tackles/fouls?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #415: Nov 11, 2018 11:40:54 pm
      Thought Fab played well today he was easily the best in midfield out of him, Gini and Hendo when he came on.

Thought he was ok nothing out the ordinary. It’s when he’s pressed and harried that he struggles. Next few games will be interesting - Watford (a) PSG (a) Everton (h) Burnley (a) Bournemouth (a) Napoli (h) Man U (h)
      Other than Burnley if he plays in either of the other ones we’ll get a clearer idea where he is
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #416: Nov 12, 2018 01:24:30 pm
      Thought he was ok nothing out the ordinary. It’s when he’s pressed and harried that he struggles. Next few games will be interesting - Watford (a) PSG (a) Everton (h) Burnley (a) Bournemouth (a) Napoli (h) Man U (h)
      Other than Burnley if he plays in either of the other ones we’ll get a clearer idea where he is

Agree.
      Some of that is the pace of the prem, I daresay some of it is lack of fitness or match sharpness.

I noticed yesterday, he's sitting off a bit more and not committing himself too early, although he still got done on the turn a couple of times.

I'm sure he'll be fine, he has the skills, might lack a bit of pace but he can make up for that with positioning, a decent passer, nothing to worry about in my book, just needs a bit more time.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #417: Nov 12, 2018 08:22:44 pm
      Thought that was his best performance. Was good In possession and looked to move the ball forward quickly played one quality ball through to Arnold which could have resulted in an assist.

Can see a lot of positives in that performance and believe he will be a quality signing once he gets up to speed.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #418: Dec 02, 2018 06:47:21 pm
      Thought he did OK today in a holding role.
      Like that he gets tackles in, doesn't mind a yellow card.
      Is improving from a slow start at the club, hopefully he continues to get better.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #419: Dec 02, 2018 06:57:02 pm
      He was ok but I think his movement and positioning left the back 4 exposed a number of times and players seem to ghost past him but his long legs allow him to get some great touches in

On the ball at times he is like a Rolls Royce other times like a Morris Minor

Going to be a good player when he settles
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #420: Dec 02, 2018 08:13:49 pm
      I thought he was a massive improvement over Henderson and Milner in terms of linking with the forwards, he offers so much more to the team.
      The entire midfield today was much more fluid and dynamic.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #421: Dec 02, 2018 08:17:41 pm
      Liked his game today, he gets in some wonderful tackles and tries to play the ball forward at every chance.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #422: Dec 02, 2018 08:20:35 pm
      Liked his game today, he gets in some wonderful tackles and tries to play the ball forward at every chance.

He had a good strong game to be fair
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #423: Dec 02, 2018 08:26:02 pm
      I like his short quick passes moving us forward than say Hendo , but on the other hand still looks very square on at times and either gets beat or makes a tackle. Definitely getting up to speed though and has all the attributes  to be a big player for us
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #424: Dec 02, 2018 08:40:30 pm
      There were a few occasions where he could have anticipated better and drop off to cover instead of jumping into a tackle or preparing to make a run forward, but overall, I thought he had a solid performance with some nice passes and tackles.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #425: Dec 02, 2018 08:46:14 pm
      I thought he was a massive improvement over Henderson and Milner in terms of linking with the forwards, he offers so much more to the team.
      The entire midfield today was much more fluid and dynamic.

not what Souness thinks though. In fact he thinks entirely the opposite to you but then again he knows what he is on about.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #426: Dec 02, 2018 08:46:49 pm
      Looking better and better, excellent sign of things to come.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #427: Dec 02, 2018 08:48:00 pm
      He was much improved on previous performances but still a bit shy of match form for obvious reasons.  Would be interesting to see how much better he was after a run of games.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #428: Dec 02, 2018 08:50:45 pm
      I thought that was his best game yet.

Yeh - he still looks a bit like he’s walking on eggshells at times and is going to ground a wee bit too willingly in the tackle.

He looks like a real option though for the first time.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #429: Dec 02, 2018 11:20:05 pm
      Good game.

Fab will be boss alongside Keita soon when they have bother adjusted.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #430: Dec 02, 2018 11:40:20 pm
      Personally I think he's our best number 6 already and he's going to improve.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #431: Dec 03, 2018 12:39:01 am
      Good solid game, much better.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #432: Dec 03, 2018 12:34:48 pm
      I thought that was his best game yet.

Yeh - he still looks a bit like he’s walking on eggshells at times and is going to ground a wee bit too willingly in the tackle.

He looks like a real option though for the first time.

Spot on for me with the bit in bold.

I find myself wondering why Klopp plays a double 6, with Wijnaldum as the (mostly) deeper player though.

Watching the match back earlier, they 2 6's and 2 CB's kept forming a box, for want of a better word, with the 2 6's further up than we usually see a lone 6.
      It wasn't all the time, but it was noticeable to me.

Like this         
                                                                   6                                                                    6

centre circle

CB                                                                      CB     
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #433: Dec 03, 2018 12:45:14 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #434: Dec 03, 2018 12:47:20 pm

I have always liked this lad which is why its been so frustrating to see Henderson start game after game in front of him. I really hope Jürgen gives him a sustained run of games now and hopefully Keita as well as there is only one way that they'll both properly settle and that is by playing games.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #435: Dec 03, 2018 12:49:26 pm
      Spot on for me with the bit in bold.

I find myself wondering why Klopp plays a double 6, with Wijnaldum as the (mostly) deeper player though.

Watching the match back earlier, they 2 6's and 2 CB's kept forming a box, for want of a better word, with the 2 6's further up than we usually see a lone 6.
      It wasn't all the time, but it was noticeable to me.

Like this         
                                                                   6                                                                    6

centre circle

CB                                                                      CB     

Yeh looks to me like a player who’s having to think all the time - he’s not ‘feeling’ the game in the Premier League......quite yet.

It’s really hard sometimes to read exactly what the intent  is from the positional set up.

For example that looks ok.....if we’re pushing up on the counter or the Fb are tucked in.

Sometimes they’re just reacting to the oppo overloading etc. Fascinating though.....
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #436: Dec 03, 2018 12:58:18 pm
      Yeh looks to me like a player who’s having to think all the time - he’s not ‘feeling’ the game in the Premier League......quite yet.

It’s really hard sometimes to read exactly what the intent  is from the positional set up.

For example that looks ok.....if we’re pushing up on the counter or the Fb are tucked in.

Sometimes they’re just reacting to the oppo overloading etc. Fascinating though.....

Again, the bit in bold says it perfectly for me.

The box shape was quite noticeable for a fair bit of the match.
      Sometimes it was like that, other times more of a parallelogram, but the same shape kept appearing, and it was most noticeable when we reset.

I was wondering if it was perhaps to create a kind of buffer zone between the 2 6's and the CB's which would give the CB more time to react, because our 6's were pushed further up.

Quick Reply