Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155447 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #437: Dec 03, 2018 01:02:51 pm
      The two defensive mids were employed and much higher to compensate for including Shaq into the team, so we were effectively playing with two midfielders with Bobby dropping deep to help out.

They were higher up to try and condense the pitch which partially worked but we were still opened up a bit too easy at times.

Didnā€™t look like he was overly thinking about what he should be doing.
      In which case the same could be said for Gini who had less of an effect on the game than Fab.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #438: Dec 03, 2018 01:43:06 pm
      Yeh looks to me like a player whoā€™s having to think all the time - heā€™s not ā€˜feelingā€™ the game in the Premier League......quite yet.

Itā€™s really hard sometimes to read exactly what the intent  is from the positional set up.

For example that looks ok.....if weā€™re pushing up on the counter or the Fb are tucked in.

Sometimes theyā€™re just reacting to the oppo overloading etc. Fascinating though.....

Well for someone not "feeling" the game Fabinho sure did well to be statistically the best midfielder on the pitch!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #439: Dec 03, 2018 01:56:55 pm
      Well for someone not "feeling" the game Fabinho sure did well to be statistically the best midfielder on the pitch!
      It's no coincidence those who defend Henderson so much keep finding fake faults with Fabinho.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #440: Dec 03, 2018 02:07:33 pm
      The two defensive mids were employed and much higher to compensate for including Shaq into the team, so we were effectively playing with two midfielders with Bobby dropping deep to help out.

They were higher up to try and condense the pitch which partially worked but we were still opened up a bit too easy at times.

Didnā€™t look like he was overly thinking about what he should be doing.
      In which case the same could be said for Gini who had less of an effect on the game than Fab.

Itā€™s not a criticism mate I think heā€™s gonna be a monster when he settles in fully and Iā€™m a huge fan.

Top signing.

Just my observation to date.

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #441: Dec 03, 2018 02:09:11 pm
      I have always liked this lad which is why its been so frustrating to see Henderson start game after game in front of him.

What are you on about. Fab was clearly off the pace for months and didn't deserve to start. Nothing to do with Hendo.
      He's starting to improve now and will hopefully start contending for a regular place soon.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #442: Dec 03, 2018 02:09:15 pm
      Itā€™s not a criticism mate I think heā€™s gonna be a monster when he settles in fully and Iā€™m a huge fan.

Top signing.

Absolutely.

A couple of things to iron out, but nothing major.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #443: Dec 03, 2018 02:33:07 pm

Top signing.

No I didnā€™t think it was criticism from yourself or Swab just my interpretation of their positions and possibly why Klopp went with it.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #444: Dec 08, 2018 03:10:40 pm
      Continues to improve. Mo will get all the attention, but Fab went about his work well and is starting to show why we've brought him in.  Has a niggly edge that I like to see in a team.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #445: Dec 08, 2018 03:21:03 pm
      looks so much better now he is settling in to the club . He has definitely got the pace of the game now and doesn't look like he is going to lose the ball at all now can only see him getting stronger with every game now.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #446: Dec 09, 2018 07:21:50 am
      looks so much better now he is settling in to the club . He has definitely got the pace of the game now and doesn't look like he is going to lose the ball at all now can only see him getting stronger with every game now.

Yep he seems to be adjusting to the pace of things now. Klopp is once again proving to be a master of integrating players into the time at the right speed. He did it with Robbo and Ox last season and weā€™re seeing it again with Shaqiri and Fabinho this season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #447: Dec 09, 2018 07:52:23 am
      Yep he seems to be adjusting to the pace of things now. Klopp is once again proving to be a master of integrating players into the time at the right speed. He did it with Robbo and Ox last season and weā€™re seeing it again with Shaqiri and Fabinho this season.

But but but everyone was suggesting something else , they were demanding he be put into the team because he cost Ā£50plus etc etc etc

I donā€™t think some people still havenā€™t figured out that Klopp knows what he is doing
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #448: Dec 09, 2018 08:26:45 am
      But but but everyone was suggesting something else , they were demanding he be put into the team because he cost Ā£50plus etc etc etc

I donā€™t think some people still havenā€™t figured out that Klopp knows what he is doing

You can't put it better! Klopp knows best. And do not forget the language barrier.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #449: Dec 09, 2018 09:57:35 am
      I am also guilty of being too impatient with Fab. Yesterday he took a new high. For the first time he looked comfortable and able to play with the flow of the game. He's adjusting more and more to the PL. Bad news for Henderson though.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #450: Dec 09, 2018 10:17:31 am
      don't be surprised to see Henderson in the middle of Kieta and Fab if Henderson is picked on Tuesday it say JĆ¼rgen still has him in his best XI when available.
      Unlike the haters if Jordan doesn't play again and we win the league I won't be sad for Jordan I will be delighted for everyone who loves liverpool
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #451: Dec 09, 2018 10:21:06 am
      You can see him growing game by game.

Heā€™s still a way off ā€œbossingā€ it - at least the way I think he will eventually - but heā€™s developing well now and is a realistic option in the big games.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #452: Dec 09, 2018 10:23:40 pm
      I think he looks classy - could become our Fernandinho/Gilberto for years to come
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #453: Dec 09, 2018 10:42:14 pm
      I think he looks classy - could become our Fernandinho/Gilberto for years to come

Gilberto. What a fine player he was.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #454: Dec 12, 2018 06:07:25 pm
      As much as I want to see Fabinho play midfield, I think the best option for us would be to have him come off the bench and play CB a few times (when we are leading) and slowly embed him into that role to act as cover or used in rotation, at least until we have 3 fit center backs.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #455: Dec 12, 2018 07:11:25 pm
      Can play centre half yeah?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #456: Dec 12, 2018 07:24:51 pm

Certainly has the attributes, whether he can or can not remains to be seen.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #457: Dec 12, 2018 07:26:49 pm
      Wonder if he might go to a 5 and play Gini there in a 3 like he did against Brighton away last year.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #458: Dec 12, 2018 07:30:57 pm
      He will be our back-up defender and I would also training Henderson there as well.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #459: Dec 16, 2018 05:55:12 pm
      F**k me what a player.

Quick Reply