Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155406 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #529: Jan 12, 2019 06:12:39 pm
      Yep warming up nicely.

Him Hendo and Gini would be my go to in the middle next couple games.

Yep, it creates more freedom for the 3 if they all know the other ones can step into the holding position.
      As long as they stay organised and communicate, it's all good, and Henderson being the gobby f**ker that he is, I'm not worried about communication.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #530: Jan 12, 2019 06:12:54 pm
      By staying patient, keeping a high tempo and trusting to their methods.

That is how it works.

No their deep midfielders have the ability to find the forward players in little pockets of space ahead of them, I have never seen them constantly pass the ball sidewards.

I didn’t see much method from our two CM’s today, and before Swab comes in with his usual that’s what a Klopp instructs them to do. I doubt Klopps tactics are to have two CM’s do virtually nothing in a attacking respect apart from knocking it sideways, not always but when the opportunity in on at least attempt.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #531: Jan 12, 2019 06:15:34 pm
      No their deep midfielders have the ability to find the forward players in little pockets of space ahead of them, I have never seen them constantly pass the ball sidewards.

I didn’t see much method from our two CM’s today, and before Swab comes in with his usual that’s what a Klopp instructs them to do. I doubt Klopps tactics are to have two CM’s do virtually nothing in a attacking respect apart from knocking it sideways, not always but when the opportunity in on at least attempt.

Not buying into your F***ing nonsense any more Billy.
      You're going on ignore.

Quite why you constantly feel the need to try and drag me into your sh*t, I don't know, but it ends now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #532: Jan 12, 2019 06:21:04 pm
      Not buying into your f**king nonsense any more Billy.
      You're going on ignore.

Quite why you constantly feel the need to try and drag me into your sh*t, I don't know, but it ends now.

Ooh the truth hurt never mind I can live with your ignore button  :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #533: Jan 12, 2019 06:22:04 pm

Dude I’m not debating the merits of the individual players - clearly they have more quality through their squad.

BUT

Their (Pep’s) whole philosophy is based on staying patient and trusting the method.

That is possibly the least controversial statement possible.

They don’t panic. When they do - they get beat e.g. Anfield twice last year.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #534: Jan 12, 2019 06:25:00 pm
      Dude I’m not debating the merits of the individual players - but their (Pep’s) whole philosophy is based on staying patient and trusting the method.

That is possibly the least controversial statement possible.

They don’t panic. When they do - they get beat e.g. Anfield twice last year.

Same as ours this season against bus parkers.

Keep the ball, knock it around, make them chase us, wait for the mistake, then hit them hard.
      We did it well today, even though it wasn't pretty to watch, and but for a couple of missed sitters, the scoreline would show that we did what we wanted for most of the match.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #535: Jan 12, 2019 06:29:34 pm
      Not buying into your f**king nonsense any more Billy.
      You're going on ignore.

its hard to see how we ever get the ball up to the front three or score a single goal because we have no creation in midfield yet that Muppet Klopp keeps picking them.... :mad:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #536: Jan 12, 2019 06:32:05 pm
      Waiting for the complaints when we win the league and Henderson lifts the Trophy He see's Mo in front of him but still passes it sideways to Gini.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #537: Jan 12, 2019 06:32:41 pm
      I wonder how Man City manage to get the ball forward when they are double or triple teamed?

Don't care...we aren't Man City, we are Liverpool.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #538: Jan 12, 2019 07:12:50 pm
      Wasn’t really anywhere to go forward in the first half.  Not sure if you are wanting them to constantly give the ball away trying incisive passes to guys that are double and triple teamed or what?

I disagree, just because Wijnaldum and Hendo were lackluster doesn't mean there wasn't really anywhere to go forward in the first half. There is always space ahead and different options to progress forward. Better players like Kroos, Modric, Coutinho, Pjanic, Fabregas etc would have have been a lot more productive on and off the ball imo. And not even creative (DLPM/AMC) players are nessassary imo.

Fabinho in midfield has shown how much more productive he is from deep than any of our current midfielders. I have no doubt he would have been more progressive and would have encouraged a more positive possession game. However, that doesn't necessary mean having him on will guarantee 5+ goals though, for all we know, we would have lost with Fab in the middle! But I have no doubt we would have been better on the ball than what was shown with Hendo and Wijnaldum in midfield.
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2019 07:25:18 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #539: Jan 12, 2019 08:21:06 pm
      You really couldn't ask for more from this guy as of the last 4-5 weeks or so. He's been fantastic and that he moved to centre back with minimal fuss with a performance executed without fault is even more impressive. Fantastic and it's hard to believe that for a good portion of the season he was on the fringes of the squad, needing a lot of work done to get up to speed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #540: Jan 12, 2019 10:39:43 pm
      Wonder if Souness is convinced by him now? What a load sh*t he was talking.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #541: Jan 12, 2019 10:58:02 pm
      Reads the game so well and has excellent technical ability.

I just think he’s so classy on the ball!

Another top signing by Klopp
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #542: Jan 12, 2019 11:06:01 pm
      He very good player he calm on ball he control very good pity that Gomez out injury he so much better if had him in midfield not have good at herserson but he but he look unfit and be crap last few games
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #543: Jan 15, 2019 01:51:29 pm
      You know,

We're going to look back at the end of the season and commend this man's versatility. Can see him playing right back for us at the weekend against Palace.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #544: Jan 15, 2019 01:59:16 pm
      You know,

We're going to look back at the end of the season and commend this man's versatility. Can see him playing right back for us at the weekend against Palace.

Testament to Klopp really, he could have thrown Fab in to the team to shut down all the talk about him being a flop, to please the fans who were questioning why he wasn’t playing. Now, he could well be one of our most important players alongside Alisson, Virgil, Robbo, Bobby and Mo. Give him a position to play and you can rely on him to make it look easy. I think the good forward play that Fab has done so far stands him in good stead to be able to fill in at RB, he can pick a pass that lad.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #545: Jan 15, 2019 03:35:41 pm
      Fabinho really made me humble concerning Keita. With Mourinho (and to some extent Pep) - both Fab and Keita - would be in a doghouse long time ago. But Jürgen can still make those "slow developers" into cornerstone players. Looking forward to see his magic on Keita. Jürgen can walk on water.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #546: Jan 15, 2019 03:40:37 pm
      Testament to Klopp really, he could have thrown Fab in to the team to shut down all the talk about him being a flop, to please the fans who were questioning why he wasn’t playing. Now, he could well be one of our most important players alongside Alisson, Virgil, Robbo, Bobby and Mo. Give him a position to play and you can rely on him to make it look easy. I think the good forward play that Fab has done so far stands him in good stead to be able to fill in at RB, he can pick a pass that lad.

Bang on.

His positional awareness is what impresses me the most. His timing also, doesn't get too close, waits and then puts in a surgical tackle. It will be very interesting to see him up and down the flank in Trent's absence (should Klopp decide not to go with Milner, Camacho, Hoever).

Arguably, no one's picked a ball like he has since a certain 'creative midfielder' left. Must be a Brazillian thing!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #547: Jan 18, 2019 12:06:28 am
      Will he be our RB for the next 4 weeks now that Matip is back? Don't think I'd be too comfortable with Zaha running at Milner down that side.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #548: Jan 19, 2019 07:09:35 pm
      How did it look? Any news?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #549: Jan 19, 2019 09:00:40 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #550: Jan 19, 2019 09:39:05 pm
      Any chance of copy and paste of the text? I don't feel like accepting the GDPR stuff.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #551: Jan 19, 2019 09:46:42 pm
      Any chance of copy and paste of the text? I don't feel like accepting the GDPR stuff.

It's more of a match report, will post it on the post match forums (Page 23).

Quick Reply