Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155355 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #598: Feb 27, 2019 10:10:45 pm
      Remember posters saying he wasn’t quick enough, he certainly had a turn of pace getting back today.

Confirming his place as first choice DM.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #599: Feb 27, 2019 10:19:10 pm
      Uff... what a player..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #600: Feb 27, 2019 10:21:55 pm
      Absolute monster tonight.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #601: Feb 27, 2019 10:23:21 pm
      Definitely cementing his place in the spine of the team.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #602: Feb 27, 2019 10:25:32 pm
      I find the fact he struggled at first but then improved every time he played is a measure of the man. He must have worked so hard in training to get up to speed and to be fair he has been on it for a couple of months now. If we can get Kieta upto speed soon what a run in we are going to have.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #603: Mar 12, 2019 10:27:26 pm
      Flying under the radar a bit, but what a good signing he's turned out to be!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #604: Mar 13, 2019 10:43:40 pm
      Game probably changed for us when he came on, his positional awareness is unbelievable.

A bit sloppy with the ball in the first half but made sure they didn’t get a sniff.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #605: Mar 13, 2019 11:38:44 pm
      That tackle in the box on Kingsley at 2-1 impeccable.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #606: Mar 14, 2019 12:02:26 pm
      That tackle in the box on Kingsley at 2-1 impeccable.

Eh?
      Completely standard defensive play.
      Usher the guy away from goal, try and get a nick on the ball to take it away from him.
      I'd expect any DM or defender to do exactly the same.

He had a rough first half, constantly giving the ball away and not getting much right, and far too interested in gobbing off to the ref after getting a little shove than getting back into position.

A better 2nd half, with Wijnaldum and Milner dropping in with him at various time, he seemed to keep it basic, just knocking the ball around, which is exactly what we needed from that position last night.

A learning experience for him, and nice to see him keep it calm and simple 2nd half.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #607: Mar 14, 2019 12:23:34 pm
      Eh?
      Completely standard defensive play.
      Usher the guy away from goal, try and get a nick on the ball to take it away from him.
      I'd expect any DM or defender to do exactly the same.

He had a rough first half, constantly giving the ball away and not getting much right, and far too interested in gobbing off to the ref after getting a little shove than getting back into position.

A better 2nd half, with Wijnaldum and Milner dropping in with him at various time, he seemed to keep it basic, just knocking the ball around, which is exactly what we needed from that position last night.

A learning experience for him, and nice to see him keep it calm and simple 2nd half.

Yea cool story bro.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #608: Mar 14, 2019 02:19:30 pm
      Thought he had a really rough night.

Our weakest link by far - albeit in a terrific, grafting and ultimately pretty clinical performance from a great side.

BUT

He never stopped trying, produced one or two moments in the second half and will be the better for it.

He seems to have one in 4/5 games where the passing radar is way off - I wonder if it’s a fatigue thing as he adapts to a massivelymore demanding league physically.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #609: Mar 14, 2019 03:19:43 pm
      Thought he had a really rough night.

Our weakest link by far - albeit in a terrific, grafting and ultimately pretty clinical performance from a great side.

BUT

He never stopped trying, produced one or two moments in the second half and will be the better for it.

He seems to have one in 4/5 games where the passing radar is way off - I wonder if it’s a fatigue thing as he adapts to a massivelymore demanding league physically.

I like the fact that he didn't let it get to him, but I think last night we saw in 30 mins of football, all the things he needs to work on.

Second half, he was competent, played with more composure, kept things simple, and was pretty much an extra CB a lot of the time.
      That little pocket of space, with Wijnaldum or Milner dropping in front of him worked wonders for him.

He won't have many worse games than last night, he's too good for that, and utlimately, if he learns from it, that can only be good for him, and for the team.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #610: Mar 14, 2019 03:32:05 pm
      His passing was off last night esp. when he first came on, and looked tired as klopp had said.

But he made some brilliat tackles and dug in.

Hes been brilliant over a long period now, so the odd rough 15-20 mins is allowed.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #611: Mar 14, 2019 05:49:04 pm
      All these Hendonites picking on Fabinho. It's pretty hilarious how pathetic it is, Fabinho on a bad day is about Henderson's average day.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #612: Mar 14, 2019 06:11:06 pm
      All these Hendonites picking on Fabinho. It's pretty hilarious how pathetic it is, Fabinho on a bad day is about Henderson's average day.

Thought he took some time to to settle into the game when he came on, but understandable in a game of that magnitude , however, he was okay with a couple of iffy moments. Second half he was superb overall making some key tackles and blocks throughout!

Not his best game, but still an important cog and he was still very good on the night!!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #613: Mar 14, 2019 06:30:37 pm
      Thought he took some time to to settle into the game when he came on, but understandable in a game of that magnitude , however, he was okay with a couple of iffy moments. Second half he was superb overall making some key tackles and blocks throughout!

Not his best game, but still an important cog and he was still very good on the night!!

We all see it differently PM.

I think he’s a wonderful player - one whom I’d play more than not BUT I thought he was poor last night.

However - it’s a Red’s classic European result so in the longer term that matters not a jot.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #614: Mar 14, 2019 06:37:14 pm

Pathetic to use fabinho to slag off Henderson
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #615: Mar 14, 2019 06:44:48 pm
      Thought he was shocking until half time and then a different player second half, making some absolutely crucial tackles.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #616: Mar 14, 2019 06:50:18 pm
      72% pass completion.

2 tackles, 1 interception, 1 clearance.

Won 2 headers.

2 fouls, yellow card.

Poor.
      Anyone who thinks that was anything other than a poor game for the lad is living in cloud cuckoo land, although he improved somewhat in the 2nd half.

However, it's not really a big deal either.
      It's football, and these guys aren't robots.
      The bottom line is that we won.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #617: Mar 14, 2019 10:08:50 pm
      His passing was off last night esp. when he first came on, and looked tired as klopp had said.

But he made some brilliat tackles and dug in.

Pretty much the same as most on the night. Nobody had a good game in terms of possession, for both sides that is too. Just look at Virgil, for all the praise he’s getting (and rightly so) people forget that his passing was just as bad for large parts. One point in the first half he tried to play a long diagonal out to Salah but it was about 15yards ahead of Salah and went out for a throw, was a terrible attempt of a pass.

Think even Fabinho would admit it wasn’t his best game but for all he got wrong, I think he redeemed himself with that tackle in our box.

Both teams were incredibly sloppy, giving away cheap fouls etc but the fact we still cane out 3-1 winners, away to one of Europe’s best teams whilst playing so sloppy I think is a testament to just how far we have come.

The way Fabinho has come in for a fair amount of stick is harsh, it’s not like Robbo who cost us a goal, it’s not like he mistimed his tackles and gave away a penalty. It wasn’t a vintage performance from him and it wasn’t a sh*t performance from him, it was a performance that fitted the mould of the game - sloppy and average.

Expect to see much better from him and he’s proven he can deliver so I’m not worried.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #618: Mar 14, 2019 10:13:58 pm
      Pathetic to use fabinho to slag off Henderson

you had me at pathetic mate. Who would look to post negativity when we have had a great night I know the answer but don't want to get banned. Let me put it this way at this point in the season you are either with Jürgen and the lads or against them.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #619: Mar 14, 2019 11:12:15 pm
      I was surprised to see Hendo in the starting lineup ahead of Fab but it all worked out in the end.

Thought Fab would have started and then Hendo come on later if we wanted to hold onto whatever we had. Boss knows best though.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #620: Mar 15, 2019 12:01:09 pm
      I was surprised to see Hendo in the starting lineup ahead of Fab but it all worked out in the end.

Thought Fab would have started and then Hendo come on later if we wanted to hold onto whatever we had. Boss knows best though.

Klopp likes the 3 of Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum for the big games, it seems.
      That might change as Fabinho get's properly settled though.

Quick Reply