Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155426 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #690: May 17, 2019 05:04:12 pm
      Our gain tbh give him a rest come back next season where he’s left off .
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #691: May 17, 2019 05:09:12 pm
      If you had to rate his first season I would honestly give him 10/10.

He’s been excellent.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #692: May 17, 2019 05:43:09 pm
      Not in the Brazil team? All the better for us going into next season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #693: May 17, 2019 06:06:48 pm
      If you had to rate his first season I would honestly give him 10/10.

He’s been excellent.

Really?
      I can think of several area's where he needs to improve.

He had a decent first season, and will only get better, but he's more of a 7/10 for me.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #694: May 17, 2019 06:17:46 pm
      Really?
      I can think of several area's where he needs to improve.

He had a decent first season, and will only get better, but he's more of a 7/10 for me.

Let’s agree to disagree. I’ve hardly seen a game where he’s played poorly.

Superb tackling, tracking, heading and of course passing.

Automatic starter
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #695: May 17, 2019 06:22:51 pm
      Let’s agree to disagree. I’ve hardly seen a game where he’s played poorly.

Superb tackling, tracking, heading and of course passing.

Automatic starter

I'll counter that with a tendency to dive in, poor positioning, not great reading of the game, and a passing rate of only just over 80% completed.

I like him, and he'll get better, but 10/10 is pure hyperbole.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #696: May 17, 2019 06:37:13 pm
      I'll counter that with a tendency to dive in, poor positioning, not great reading of the game, and a passing rate of only just over 80% completed.

I like him, and he'll get better, but 10/10 is pure hyperbole.

Ok mate
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #697: May 17, 2019 06:40:14 pm

;D
      OK, you can't debate a point, that's fine.

If you want to check, these are the same concerns I had from the start, and also from the start, I've said they are easy to correct given time.

A good player, who needs to work on some aspects of his game, like every other player on the planet.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #698: May 17, 2019 06:41:52 pm
      Brazilian back 4 could inckude felipe luiz, thiago silva and dani alves. Overall an odd squad
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #699: May 17, 2019 07:00:40 pm

No need to debate, just use Swab's logic against him. Here is the top 5 (no particular order);

1. You just regurgitate the sh*t on social media and from pundits who are all clueless.
      2. Your opinion does not matter because you don't have all the information and medical reports Klopp has.
      3. Klopp is playing him for a reason, do you think you know better than Klopp?
      3. He is obviously following to Klopp's instructions.
      4. You are a *insert name* hater.
      5. F**k off you P.Neville lover.

Anyway, I think Fab has been superb and would probably give him 8.8/10! The 3 noticeable improvements he has given us when playing as our DM has been his aerial presence, distribution and tackling. I also think he reads the game from deep just fine (better than any of our midfielders), and I can understand why his positioning isn't as strong (still good enough) as it was when he played for Monaco. He is asked to play more front footed.
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2019 07:07:58 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #700: May 17, 2019 07:14:04 pm
      No need to debate, just use Swab's logic against him. Here is the top 5 (no particular order);

1. You just regurgitate the sh*t on social media and from pundits who are all clueless.
      2. Your opinion does not matter because you don't have all the information and medical reports Klopp has.

Anyway, I think Fab has been superb and would probably give him 8.8/10! The 3 noticeable improvements he has given us when playing as our DM has been his aerial presence, distribution and tackling. I also think he reads the game from deep just fine (better than any of our midfielders), and I can understand why his positioning isn't as strong (still good enough) as it was when he played for Monaco. He is asked to play more front footed.

:lmao:
      School's out for the weekend I see.
      Primary school that is.

Grow up.

I've said the same things since the first few times I saw him, and he's done nothing to change my mind about the area's he needs to improve, and with a pass completion of around 81%, that needs to improve as well, playing in a team that is based on possession high up the pitch.

As I said, a good player who has some things to work on.
      He'll get there, and had a solid enough first season.

I'll say again, 10/10 is pure hyperbole.
      10/10 means perfect, and neither he, nor any other players have been perfect.

A solid start, 7/10.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #701: May 17, 2019 07:22:47 pm
      :lmao:
      School's out for the weekend I see.
      Primary school that is.

Grow up.

I've said the same things since the first few times I saw him, and he's done nothing to change my mind about the area's he needs to improve, and with a pass completion of around 81%, that needs to improve as well, playing in a team that is based on possession high up the pitch.

As I said, a good player who has some things to work on.
      He'll get there, and had a solid enough first season.

I'll say again, 10/10 is pure hyperbole.
      10/10 means perfect, and neither he, nor any other players have been perfect.

A solid start, 7/10.

I have pretty much said the same sh*t about Hendo when playing as the 6 with your counters pretty much all 5 points that I listed, not nice , is it? So I am playing your game against you.

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe Klopp knows more than you and has all the information and medical reports that you don't have? Maybe Fabinho is in the team because he follows Klopp's instructions? Have you thought maybe he reads the game just fine and there is a reason why Klopp has him ahead of the likes of, Wijnaldum and Hendo in the 6 position now? Do you think you know better than Klopp? Remember, your opinion does not matter, you are just some random guy on the internet ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #702: May 17, 2019 07:38:08 pm
      I have pretty much said the same sh*t about Hendo when playing as the 6 with your counters pretty much all 5 points that I listed, not nice , is it? So I am playing your game against you.
      Nope.
      You're being very silly.
      Which, to be fair, appears to be your one talent.

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe Klopp knows more than you and has all the information and medical reports that you don't have?
      What has that got to do with Faibho's penchant for diving in, something he has been booked for?
      What has Klopp's information and Fabinho's medical records got to do with identifying his weak points?

Maybe Fabinho is in the team because he follows Klopp's instructions?
      Silliness.
      Of course all the players follow instructions, what I posted has nothing to do with instructions.

Have you thought maybe he reads the game just fine
      Yes, that's why players were running past him, when he stepped up too early and got bypassed becaused he'd gone too far right.

and there is a reason why Klopp has him ahead of the likes of, Wijnaldum and Hendo in the 6 position now?
      He plays deep, rotates, plays 8, goes left, rotates.
      Yet again you are stuck in the 80's mindset that a players starting position means he doesn't rotate.
      You've been told time and time again that Klopp rotates all positions except the back 4.
      Indeed, Klopp himelf has said it, but you ignore it in favour of copying posts from twitter.

Do you think you know better than Klopp? Remember, your opinion does not matter, you are just some random guy on the internet

Again, I've said the fella has weaknesses in his game.
      So does every other player, and it may come as a surprise to you, but that's why they get coached, and is probably why Fabinho didn't play very much when he first came.

After this utterly bizarre post of yours, I can only conclude that some sort of drugs must be involved, or that you are an internet masochist who gets off on making a total fool of yourself.
      On the second point, congratulations, you've succeeded, and are the new forum Rib.

Now unless you have something that adds to the debate rather than this bizarre diatribe you're indulging in, perhaps you should leave it there..
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #703: May 17, 2019 07:58:24 pm
      Not in the Brazil team? All the better for us going into next season.
      Yep. Brazil play 4-1-4-1 so is between Casemiro, Fabinho and Fernandinho to fight for two DM places and the coach apparently loves Fernandinho.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #704: May 17, 2019 08:52:59 pm
      What has that got to do with Faibho's penchant for diving in, something he has been booked for?
      What has Klopp's information and Fabinho's medical records got to do with identifying his weak points?

Well, he keeps doing it, so maybe, just maybe Klopp wants that in him to add a bit of grit? As for the medical reports, maybe he isn't 100% fit and the reason why he has been "poor" positionally and reading the game ;)

Silliness.
      Of course all the players follow instructions, what I posted has nothing to do with instructions.

You talk about his positioning being poor and his passing being only 80%, maybe Klopp instructed him to play more front footed which leaves him out of position and vulnerable at times? As for his passing, maybe Klopp wants him to be more adventurous and to initiate the attack more hence the reason why his passing is at 80%? I bet on my life Fab or any average player can get a high passing % by playing the ball safely for the majority of the match/season.

Yes, that's why players were running past him, when he stepped up too early and got bypassed becaused he'd gone too far right.

Ever thought that's what Klopp wants from him? To be more front footed and aggressive to add pressure or nick the ball away in dangerous transition moments? Maybe  Fabinho knows he has cover during these moments too, and maybe Klopp sees it too and the reason why he is our DM/6.

He plays deep, rotates, plays 8, goes left, rotates.
      Yet again you are stuck in the 80's mindset that a players starting position means he doesn't rotate.
      You've been told time and time again that Klopp rotates all positions except the back 4.
      Indeed, Klopp himelf has said it, but you ignore it in favour of copying posts from twitter.

So weird to mention this rotation stuff up , where did you come to the conclusion that I am stuck in the 80's mindset where no players rotate or is fluid under Klopp? Everyone knows Klopp (and majority of modern day managers) likes his players to be fluid and able to rotate if needs be, but they also have roles to play, that's why you will mainly see players playing more in the areas they are suppose to be.

Again, I've said the fella has weaknesses in his game.
      So does every other player, and it may come as a surprise to you, but that's why they get coached, and is probably why Fabinho didn't play very much when he first came.

Except for Hendo, right? Seriously, you went ape when I said Hendo had weaknesses and isn't as technical as certain players. That triggered you into thinking It was an attack and then you saying every player has similar technical ability at top level. You still think Hendo can play like Pjanic or Alonso if asked, right? Maybe like an Ox too or Fabinho? ;) Would love to see Kante play like Xavi someday when Sarri asks him to, he would be the ultimate midfielder!

After this utterly bizarre post of yours, I can only conclude that some sort of drugs must be involved, or that you are an internet masochist who gets off on making a total fool of yourself.
      On the second point, congratulations, you've succeeded, and are the new forum Rib.

Now unless you have something that adds to the debate rather than this bizarre diatribe you're indulging in, perhaps you should leave it there..

I am adding to the debate using the same logic as what you use on people when criticising professionals you are in love with. Here you go again, the Swab logic;

You are obviously wrong because Klopp is playing him ahead of Wijnaldum and Hendo, I can't believe you think you know better than Klopp!!!

Just remember, you are not superior to any of us when talking about football here, you are just like all of us (even Rib and myself), a random person on the internet whose opinion does not matter because you don't have the same information Klopp has, right? ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #705: May 17, 2019 09:05:14 pm
      Successful Passing stats for the season
      Hendo 85%
      Fab      84.5%

Bearing in mind Henderson’s penchant for the safe 5 yard back pass as the No6.
      Fab who plays more vertical passes stacks up pretty well in terms of passing.

In terms of tackling Fab wins easily with 2.2 tackles v 1.5 for Hendo per game.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #706: May 17, 2019 09:30:11 pm
      Well, he keeps doing it, so maybe, just maybe Klopp wants that in him to add a bit of grit? As for the medical reports, maybe he isn't 100% fit and the reason why he has been "poor" positionally and reading the game ;)
      Yes, Klopp is telling him to dive in and get booked.  :roll:
      Yes, he's "not fit" so plays most games, and the fact I said his positioning "could be improved", is down to him soo obviously struggling for fitness.
      Seriously, have a word with yourself.

You talk about his positioning being poor and his passing being only 80%, maybe Klopp instructed him to play more front footed which leaves him out of position and vulnerable at times? As for his passing, maybe Klopp wants him to be more adventurous and to initiate the attack more hence the reason why his passing is at 80%? I bet on my life Fab or any average player can get a high passing % by playing the ball safely for the majority of the match/season.
      I talk about him being able to improve his positioning.
      It's poor at times.
      It's not the best part of his game, deal with it.
      In the latter part of the season, it's been noticeable that his passing is more conservative, as he looks to rotate the ball more, keep possession and bring the fullbacks into play more than he was doing.
      This is the effect of coaching.

Ever thought that's what Klopp wants from him? To be more front footed and aggressive to add pressure or nick the ball away in dangerous transition moments? Maybe  Fabinho knows he has cover during these moments too, and maybe Klopp sees it too and the reason why he is our DM/6.

Ever thought that there's a time to be aggressive, and a time to take a step back?
      No, obviously not.
      This is something he needs to learn.
      It's a judgement call, and guess what improves it? Coaching.

So weird to mention this rotation stuff up , where did you come to the conclusion that I am stuck in the 80's mindset where no players rotate or is fluid under Klopp? Everyone knows Klopp (and majority of modern day managers) likes his players to be fluid and able to rotate if needs be, but they also have roles to play, that's why you will mainly see players playing more in the areas they are suppose to be.

Klopps philosophy is that any player should be able to slot into another role and peform it to the same level as the other players.
      This goes for the midfield, where the 3 rotate.
      It goes for the attack, where the 3 rotate.
      You seem to have a problem understanding this, like so much else.

Except for Hendo, right? Seriously, you went ape when I said Hendo had weaknesses and isn't as technical as certain players. That triggered you into thinking It was an attack and then you saying every player has similar technical ability at top level. You still think Hendo can play like Pjanic or Alonso if asked, right? Maybe like an Ox too or Fabinho? ;) Would love to see Kante play like Xavi someday when Sarri asks him to, he would be the ultimate midfielder!

Nope, Henderson has weaknesses in his game, same as every other player.
      The fact that you repeat sh*te like "he's not a technical player" shows once again that you just copy the twitter nerks.
      All elite players are "technical" players, and Henderson is an elite player, whether you like it or nont.

I am adding to the debate using the same logic as what you use on people when criticising professionals you are in love with. Here you go again, the Swab logic;
      No, you're just talking sh*te for the sake of it.
      I'm actually a bit embarrassed for you.
      Rib 2

You are obviously wrong because Klopp is playing him ahead of Wijnaldum and Hendo, I can't believe you think you know better than Klopp!!!
      I understand that rotation and players doing the same roles during a match is a difficult concept for you, but some of us find it quite easy to understand.
      See if google has a tool that will translate it to words of 1 syllable Rib 2.

Just remember, you are not superior to any of us when talking about football here, you are just like all of us (even Rib and myself), a random person on the internet whose opinion does not matter because you don't have the same information Klopp has, right?

Actually, on this forum, there are those who understand football, and those who try to blag it by repeating stuff they read on twitter.
      You fall into the 2nd category, so in the sense of understanding what is happening on the pitch, I'm ahead of you.
      Sometimes you just need to shut up and take notice of those who know better Rib 2

I also said people can have any opinion they want.
      The question is whether that opinion has any value.
      And like Rib, yours rarely has value, just twitter repetition.
      The fact you even think someone like Phil Neville knws anything at all, when he struggles to understand even the simplest systems tells me all I need to know.

Now, I'd like to get back on topic rather than be the subject of these ridiculous attacks.
      Rib and Ried aren't here to plus you now, so you might as well stop trying to wind me up.
      It's not going to work, and you just look more foolish with every stupid post.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #707: May 17, 2019 10:34:07 pm
      made a slow start to his career here but his performance against Barcelona was outrageously good.
      I think everyone expected him to eventually do well but now who knows this lad could well be world class for us next season or in fact in the CL final.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #708: May 17, 2019 10:43:27 pm
      Yes, Klopp is telling him to dive in and get booked. 
      Yes, he's "not fit" so plays most games, and the fact I said his positioning "could be improved", is down to him soo obviously struggling for fitness.
      Seriously, have a word with yourself.

Klopp is probably okay with him sliding in and adding more grit. Maybe if he wasn't, he would have told him? And if he didn't listen and carried on like how he has done over the season, maybe he would have dropped him?

Playing to Klopp's instructions unless you have 100% proof that Klopp isn't happy with it? ;)

I talk about him being able to improve his positioning.
      It's poor at times.
      It's not the best part of his game, deal with it.
      In the latter part of the season, it's been noticeable that his passing is more conservative, as he looks to rotate the ball more, keep possession and bring the fullbacks into play more than he was doing.
      This is the effect of coaching.

Just like when I talk about Hendo's distributing or tackling not being the best part of his game, yet you go on and on and on about how I am a hater, clueless, and that I think I know more than Klopp etc etc. How ironic!!!

And I don't think his distribution has been more conservative latter half, maybe some games he is, maybe some games he isn't depending on the opposition, just like Firmino would drop deeper some games or stay higher up in others.

Ever thought that there's a time to be aggressive, and a time to take a step back?
      No, obviously not.
      This is something he needs to learn.
      It's a judgement call, and guess what improves it? Coaching.

You ever thought maybe Klopp knows more than you and sees Fabinho is playing to his instructions (doing things right) and playing well? No, obviously not ;)

Maybe ask yourself this, why is Fabinho ahead of Hendo and Wijnaldum for the vast majority of matches when he has supposedly been poor in distributing, reading the game (from a pressing POV) and positioning? Maybe... just maybe he hasn't been as poor as you think?

Klopps philosophy is that any player should be able to slot into another role and peform it to the same level as the other players.
      This goes for the midfield, where the 3 rotate.
      It goes for the attack, where the 3 rotate.
      You seem to have a problem understanding this, like so much else.

I am sure every manager dreams of having players able to slot into another role and perform to the same level as the main player of that position, but it's nearly impossible. Man City are the closest team to do that, and they had to cheat to  get near to that level.

I still don't get your point and why you even bought that up, and I still do not understand what I have a problem with understanding about rotating and fluidity?

Nope, Henderson has weaknesses in his game, same as every other player.
      The fact that you repeat sh*te like "he's not a technical player" shows once again that you just copy the twitter nerks.
      All elite players are "technical" players, and Henderson is an elite player, whether you like it or nont.

He isn't considered a technical player, just like Kante isn't or Drinkwater, just like Jorginho, Verratti or Pjanic are not considered industrious players.

Just a simple question for you, do you think Hendo can play like Jorginho , Verratti or Pjanic if asked to?

Actually, on this forum, there are those who understand football, and those who try to blag it by repeating stuff they read on twitter.
      You fall into the 2nd category, so in the sense of understanding what is happening on the pitch, I'm ahead of you.
      Sometimes you just need to shut up and take notice of those who know better Rib 2

No, on this forum, Swab knows more, and if he disagrees, you will see these points thrown at you:

Not very nice when someone else is following your guidelines, is it?

I also said people can have any opinion they want.
      The question is whether that opinion has any value.
      And like Rib, yours rarely has value, just twitter repetition.
      The fact you even think someone like Phil Neville knws anything at all, when he struggles to understand even the simplest systems tells me all I need to know.

Now, I'd like to get back on topic rather than be the subject of these ridiculous attacks.
      Rib and Ried aren't here to plus you now, so you might as well stop trying to wind me up.
      It's not going to work, and you just look more foolish with every stupid post.

You attack people's opinion with pretty much the same 5 points I posted. And guess what, I think yours rarely has value too and is tumblr repetition ;)

And yet you still fail to understand why I use P.Neville against you:

Quote from: Quote from: Quote from Swab on Mar 04, 2019 06:06:01 pm
      Until you have the same information Klopp does, have coached the team in tactics for a match, have access to the players medical records, and have seen them every day in training, you're just a bloke on the internet making a wild guess.

Klopp see's him every day in training, see's all his training and fitness stats, see's his personality and attitude.

It makes sense to Klopp, the bloke with all the info, and that's really all that matters.

Everyone else is just guessing.

hmmmmm ;)

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #709: May 17, 2019 11:07:28 pm
      Klopp is probably okay with him sliding in and adding more grit. Maybe if he wasn't, he would have told him? And if he didn't listen and carried on like how he has done over the season, maybe he would have dropped him?

Playing to Klopp's instructions unless you have 100% proof that Klopp isn't happy with it? ;)

It's your assertion, it's up to you to prove it.
      Just like when I talk about Hendo's distributing or tackling not being the best part of his game, yet you go on and on and on about how I am a hater, clueless, and that I think I know more than Klopp etc etc. How ironic!!!

No, you ignore those parts of his game to pursue an agenda.
      A twitter agenda.

And I don't think his distribution has been more conservative latter half, maybe some games he is, maybe some games he isn't depending on the opposition, just like Firmino would drop deeper some games or stay higher up in others.

Yes, it has.
      A blind man can see he's weighing his options, and picking the safer pass.
      Just like Henderson.
      Maybe it really is an instruction, apart from when you see Henderson do it, then you say it's because he's not "technical".

You ever thought maybe Klopp knows more than you and sees Fabinho is playing to his instructions (doing things right) and playing well? No, obviously not

Ever think players get things wrong, and that's why they need coaching?
      No, obviously not.
      Maybe ask yourself this, why is Fabinho ahead of Hendo and Wijnaldum for the vast majority of matches when he has supposedly been poor in distributing, reading the game (from a pressing POV) and positioning? Maybe... just maybe he hasn't been as poor as you think?

Again with the bullshit, and showing a complete lack of understanding.
      First few games, Wijnaldum played deep.
      Then Fabinho came in, but had Wijnaldum as a "minder" in a double 6.
      Since then, Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson and Fabinho hve all played deepest.
      Why? So they can rotate during a game.
      Coaching.

I am sure every manager dreams of having players able to slot into another role and perform to the same level as the main player of that position, but it's nearly impossible. Man City are the closest team to do that, and they had to cheat to  get near to that level.

Nope, it's a matter of getting the right players, with the right mentality, and an ability to put into practice what the coach teaches them.
      Klopp said last week that Milner is still developing.
      Coaching.

I still don't get your point and why you even bought that up, and I still do not understand what I have a problem with understanding about rotating and fluidity?
      Every time you post it's easy to see you don't understand.

Trnfer thread "we need a wide player"
      Except we need a forward who caln play across the line.
      Yhis wide player bollocks is more twitter bollocks

He isn't considered a technical player, just like Kante isn't or Drinkwater, just like Jorginho, Verratti or Pjanic are not considered industrious players.

Isn't considered by who?
      You?
      Yeah, all the coaches who pick him do so because he has no technique.
      What a load of bollocks.
      Just a simple question for you, do you think Hendo can play like Jorginho , Verratti or Pjanic if asked to?

Henderson plays like Henderson.
      He can do a variety of roles, and do them well.
      You're just chucking out names you think sound good.
      As usual.
      No, on this forum, Swab knows more, and if he disagrees, you will see these points thrown at you:

Not very nice when someone else is following your guidelines, is it?

No, you're just talking sh*t.
      It's funny, but it's still sh*t.

You attack people's opinion with pretty much the same 5 points I posted. And guess what, I think yours rarely has value too and is tumblr repetition ;)
      Nope, I post my own opinion, and if someone is clearly talking sh*te, like you, then I say so.
      That's my opinion, or am I not allowed one?

And yet you still fail to understand why I use P.Neville against you:
      Nope, the first time you brought him up was to post utter nonsense about a "double pivot" which you clearly didn't understand, and still don't.

This is just another one of your blags like "I don't do twitter"
      Then you post a load of links to twitter after the Barca match.

Classic.   :lmao:

Edit - sorry about the typo's. my keyboard is playing up.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #710: May 18, 2019 12:27:02 am
      It's your assertion, it's up to you to prove it.

Remember, Swab, I am using your mindset/logic.

Klopp chooses Fabinho over Hendo and Wijnaldum as the 6 when  both are on the pitch . Fabinho is obviously doing something right and to a high level, otherwise he would not have trusted Fabinho and played either Wijnaldum or Hendo there, right? So you are wrong on all accounts, just like everyone who criticised Hendo was wrong because Klopp played him there week in, week out!

No, you ignore those parts of his game to pursue an agenda.
      A twitter agenda.

No agenda, just calling out your BS for everyone to see. And I rather read twitter than your tumblr!!

Yes, it has.
      A blind man can see he's weighing his options, and picking the safer pass.
      Just like Henderson.
      Maybe it really is an instruction, apart from when you see Henderson do it, then you say it's because he's not "technical".

A blind man can see Fabinho distributes the ball differently to Hendo with Fabinho positive.

Ever think players get things wrong, and that's why they need coaching?
      No, obviously not.

I think Fabinho gets it wrong, just like Hendo, Firmino, Salah, Mane etc. Remember,  I am just using your logic against you, that is all.

Again with the bullshit, and showing a complete lack of understanding.
      First few games, Wijnaldum played deep.
      Then Fabinho came in, but had Wijnaldum as a "minder" in a double 6.
      Since then, Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson and Fabinho hve all played deepest.
      Why? So they can rotate during a game.
      Coaching.

But who is considered the main 6 for the majority of matches now? ;) It is evidently clear for all to see.

Nope, it's a matter of getting the right players, with the right mentality, and an ability to put into practice what the coach teaches them.
      Klopp said last week that Milner is still developing.
      Coaching.

Seriously, where are we going with this? ;D.

Every time you post it's easy to see you don't understand.

Trnfer thread "we need a wide player"
      Except we need a forward who caln play across the line.
      Yhis wide player bollocks is more twitter bollocks

It's not bollocks though, is it? You assciocate players such as, Salah, Mane, Hazard, Neymar, Asensio, Sane, Sterling etc as wide players, where as your Aguero, Lewandowski, D.Costa etc as strikers, why? because they are playing to their main strengths.

Ideally, you want someone capable of playing across the line , but you won't find many players capable of playing to the same level across the front line. Not even Firmino can perform to Salah's level on the right or Manes on the left, just like you wouldn't see Mane performa to Firmino's level as the 9.

I think it's viable to question what needs more cover in our front line, a 9 or wide areas? And imo, I would say getting more of a high level natural wide player to cover/challenge Mane and Salah is more important.

Isn't considered by who?
      You?
      Yeah, all the coaches who pick him do so because he has no technique.
      What a load of bollocks.

I am sure it's considered by many many football fans and professionals. I bet you don't even think Barca are a more technical side than us, right? And who says he has no technique? Just face it, he just isn't as technical as some players, nor will he be considered a technical player.

Do you think Kante can be considered a technical player then?

Henderson plays like Henderson.
      He can do a variety of roles, and do them well.
      You're just chucking out names you think sound good.
      As usual.

Every player can play a variety of roles, but the question is, to what level? Hendo will never reach Pjanic or Verratti's ball playing levels because he isn't as technical, his main strengths are his physical attributes, therefore he is not considered a technical player, right?

Nope, the first time you brought him up was to post utter nonsense about a "double pivot" which you clearly didn't understand, and still don't.

This is just another one of your blags like "I don't do twitter"
      Then you post a load of links to twitter after the Barca match.

Classic.   :lmao:

I don't think I said I don't do twitter, but what I said was, I do not engage or seek out football debates. My only form of discussion is here and I tend to read another forum.

And excuse me, Swab, aren't you the one who pretty much confirmed we have been using a double pivot? Remember when you said a double pivot is where you have a DM and a box-box? Didn't you also say later on that Wijnaldum was more the DM and Fabinho the more offensive (pretty much a boxer) in a post match thread? I will have to find it someday!

Anyway, at least with Racer, he gave a respectable and sensible reason why he didn't think we used a double pivot, but yours... ;D.

And P.Nevile (the guy who has more experience and information than you, therefore he knows more than you, right?) showed we used a 4231 instead of a 433 . And even when I showed you the post match where Klopp said we used a double 6/double pivot, you still rejected it, so I had to bring in the genius of P.Neville to help you!!

Remind me again, what is the different between a double 6 and double pivot?

We are clearly wasting each other's time, so let's draw the line here and use your own logic against you and agree that you are wrong because Klopp picks Fabinho as the 6 over Hendo and Wijnaldum?
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2019 12:32:37 am by PurpleMonkey »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #711: May 18, 2019 10:51:18 am
      How he's not in the Brazil squad I'll never know.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #712: May 18, 2019 11:06:21 am
      Couldn’t give a sh*t about the Brazil squad - if anything it gives his body a rest after a season adjusting to the physical demands of the English league.

Got better as the season went on and will be a huge player for us.

Can still be rash / careless with his passing - all the more frustrating with his passing ability - but his performance against Barca on a yellow shows a level of maturity we’d not seen before.

That said......a different ref could’ve seen us down to 10......but we weren’t and he was immense.

Great player, monster asset and just gonna get better.

Quick Reply