Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155391 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #713: May 18, 2019 11:51:01 am
      Couldn’t give a sh*t about the Brazil squad - if anything it gives his body a rest after a season adjusting to the physical demands of the English league.

Got better as the season went on and will be a huge player for us.

Can still be rash / careless with his passing - all the more frustrating with his passing ability - but his performance against Barca on a yellow shows a level of maturity we’d not seen before.

That said......a different ref could’ve seen us down to 10......but we weren’t and he was immense.

Great player, monster asset and just gonna get better.

It was noticeable when he got the yellow, that he took a deep breath and a moment to calm down.
      No losing the head as we saw so many times with Masch.
      He just composed himself and got on with the game, and once he'd done that I think he actually played better.
      Yet another example of a player brought in who has the right mentality.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #714: May 18, 2019 11:58:36 am
      It was noticeable when he got the yellow, that he took a deep breath and a moment to calm down.
      No losing the head as we saw so many times with Masch.
      He just composed himself and got on with the game, and once he'd done that I think he actually played better.
      Yet another example of a player brought in who has the right mentality.

Yep - have to say I was STILL worried once or twice from an accumulation point of view but maybe as much my anxiety as reality at the time :)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #715: May 18, 2019 12:12:29 pm
      Remember, Swab, I am using your mindset/logic.

Stopped reading here.
      The rankest, worst attempt at pop psychology I've ever come across.
      It's like you read half a chapter of a textbook called "Introduction to Psychology" and then thought you were Machiavelli.  :lmao:

Plus the obligatory lie, then an attempt at what you think is gaslighting
      I don't think I said I don't do twitter, but what I said was, I do not engage or seek out football debates. My only form of discussion is here and I tend to read another forum.

What am I repeating exactly? I don't have twitter nor do I scour it for football chat. Couple of forums and the odd article is all I read,

:lmao:

Then on top of this you simply don't have the brains to differentiate between an opinion and a definitive statement.

Let me help you;
      Here is an example of a definitive statement;
      "Klopp got his team selection wrong".
      This is someone stating a fact. It is a definitive statement, so it is reasonable to ask what information they have that makes this a true statement.

Of course the next bit after making a definitive statement is to then say "Well it's my opinion", but it wasn't posted as an opinion, it was posted as a fact.

An opinion is;
      "I think Klopp got the selection wrong". See the difference?

People post a definitive statement, and then hide behind "it's my opinion" when someone questions why they have said something is a factc.
      It's a way for internet arseholes to close down conversations they don't like; they make a definitive statement, then when questioned hide behind opinion, and the whole point of it is to close off discussion.

Let's take another one that I've seen a load of times;
      "Henderson is sh*t, end of"
      Not only is this a definitive statement, it s demonstrably false, by any measure

So not only are you lying yet again, this time about twitter, you cannot tell the difference between a definitive statement and an opinion.

Now back to the post you used to kick off and made a fool of yourself in the process.

Really?
      I can think of several area's where he needs to improve.

He had a decent first season, and will only get better, but he's more of a 7/10 for me.
      See, this is opinion not a statement of fact.

Are you understanding the difference yet, or do you need to be shown pictures.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019 12:19:53 pm by Swab »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #716: May 18, 2019 12:17:19 pm
      Yep - have to say I was STILL worried once or twice from an accumulation point of view but maybe as much my anxiety as reality at the time :)

Since my arse was twitching like F**k for much of the match, I can't really say I was any more nervous.

I was nervous about everything at various stages, combined with zen like calm at times.

I like Fabinho, I think he's pretty solid, but the way he got himself under control, and then used his aggression in such a controlled way, was very impressive to me.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #717: May 18, 2019 12:21:27 pm
      Since my arse was twitching like f**k for much of the match, I can't really say I was any more nervous.

I was nervous about everything at various stages, combined with zen like calm at times.

I like Fabinho, I think he's pretty solid, but the way he got himself under control, and then used his aggression in such a controlled way, was very impressive to me.

Agreed with Naby and Ox-C too we have arguably the most versatile midfield in Europe.

*bar a true no.10 which Jürgen has often said isn’t as prolific in creating chances as an effective press / possession turnover.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #718: May 18, 2019 12:31:33 pm
      Agreed with Naby and Ox-C too we have arguably the most versatile midfield in Europe.

*bar a true no.10 which Jürgen has often said isn’t as prolific in creating chances as an effective press / possession turnover.

Yep, it's why I always speak about the midfielders rotating.
      I don't think we're quite at the level Klopp wants us to be where the rotation is seamless, but I don't think we're far off.

It's interesting about a #10.
      I completely understand why people want one, but I also think it would take something away from our first team and system, with Firmino as a "nine and a half"; is the way Klopp put it I think.

With Fabinho, I like the way he moves from being an extra CB, into an attacking position without a pause, and knows that someone will just slot in behind him.
      So he kind of goes 4, 6, 8  :laugh:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #719: May 18, 2019 12:45:35 pm
      Yep, it's why I always speak about the midfielders rotating.
      I don't think we're quite at the level Klopp wants us to be where the rotation is seamless, but I don't think we're far off.

It's interesting about a #10.
      I completely understand why people want one, but I also think it would take something away from our first team and system, with Firmino as a "nine and a half"; is the way Klopp put it I think.

With Fabinho, I like the way he moves from being an extra CB, into an attacking position without a pause, and knows that someone will just slot in behind him.
      So he kind of goes 4, 6, 8  :laugh:

I’d like an alternative to Bobby or someone to play behind against the bus parkers but another Bobby is as rare as hen’s teeth.......
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #720: May 18, 2019 01:32:22 pm
      I’d like an alternative to Bobby or someone to play behind against the bus parkers but another Bobby is as rare as hen’s teeth.......

The one thing I'm sure of is that Klopp knows exactly what he wants and his team has already started the acquisition process.

The midfield is pretty much set now, for the next couple of years. Just need to replace leavers.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #721: May 18, 2019 03:29:46 pm
      Then on top of this you simply don't have the brains to differentiate between an opinion and a definitive statement.

Let me help you;
      Here is an example of a definitive statement;
      "Klopp got his team selection wrong".
      This is someone stating a fact. It is a definitive statement, so it is reasonable to ask what information they have that makes this a true statement.

Of course the next bit after making a definitive statement is to then say "Well it's my opinion", but it wasn't posted as an opinion, it was posted as a fact.

An opinion is;
      "I think Klopp got the selection wrong". See the difference?

People post a definitive statement, and then hide behind "it's my opinion" when someone questions why they have said something is a factc.
      It's a way for internet arseholes to close down conversations they don't like; they make a definitive statement, then when questioned hide behind opinion, and the whole point of it is to close off discussion.

Let's take another one that I've seen a load of times;
      "Henderson is sh*t, end of"
      Not only is this a definitive statement, it s demonstrably false, by any measure

So not only are you lying yet again, this time about twitter, you cannot tell the difference between a definitive statement and an opinion.

Now back to the post you used to kick off and made a fool of yourself in the process.

Oh F***ing hell, Swab, seriously. If someone posted, "Klopp got his team selection wrong", I, along with many normal sane person would assume it to be , "I think Klopp got the selection wrong". You take things so literal, you need to unplug that cork out of your ass! Not everyone puts, "I believe" or "in my opinion", people just assume you know it's their opinion. I don't think anyone (except for you) would be that arrogant to state it as a fact. You are just being difficult, nitpicking, trying to act superior and being an absolute c**t for all to see.

Amd what is your obsession with twitter and P.Neville? Wtf am I lying about twitter? Oh, and I am sorry, when I say I do not have twitter, I mean I do not have a twitter accoun.  Chill and don't take things so literal. And for someone who despises twitter, you seem to spend an awful lot of time there reading the football debates.

I think you need to chill with your definitive statement, no one gives a sh*t but you. It is getting out of control, but what is getting more out of control is your arrogant attitude, consistent attacks and acting as if you invented football. Remember, you are just some random guy with no football qualifications on the internet making wild guesses.

poor positioning, not great reading of the game

oh ffs, now it's Tarkowski and Zaha.

Neither are good enough.

Just take a leaf out of your own book and accept that you do not have the information Klopp or Hodgson has, nor have you coached the team in tactics, so therefore, you do not know if Fabinho's positional play or reading of the game are poor, nor do you know if Zaha or Tarkowski are not good enough.

Quote from: Quote from: Quote from: Quote from Swab on Mar 04, 2019 06:06:01 pm
      Until you have the same information Klopp does, have coached the team in tactics for a match, have access to the players medical records, and have seen them every day in training, you're just a bloke on the internet making a wild guess.

Klopp see's him every day in training, see's all his training and fitness stats, see's his personality and attitude.

It makes sense to Klopp, the bloke with all the info, and that's really all that matters.

Everyone else is just guessing.

You are just a random bloke on the internet with the same football qualifications as us making wild guesses!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #722: May 18, 2019 04:20:32 pm
      Oh F***ing hell, Swab, seriously. If someone posted, "Klopp got his team selection wrong", I, along with many normal sane person would assume it to be , "I think Klopp got the selection wrong". You take things so literal, you need to unplug that cork out of your ass! Not everyone puts, "I believe" or "in my opinion", people just assume you know it's their opinion. I don't think anyone (except for you) would be that arrogant to state it as a fact. You are just being difficult, nitpicking, trying to act superior and being an absolute c**t for all to see.

Amd what is your obsession with twitter and P.Neville? Wtf am I lying about twitter? Oh, and I am sorry, when I say I do not have twitter, I mean I do not have a twitter accoun.  Chill and don't take things so literal. And for someone who despises twitter, you seem to spend an awful lot of time there reading the football debates.

I think you need to chill with your definitive statement, no one gives a sh*t but you. It is getting out of control, but what is getting more out of control is your arrogant attitude, consistent attacks and acting as if you invented football. Remember, you are just some random guy with no football qualifications on the internet making wild guesses.

Just take a leaf out of your own book and accept that you do not have the information Klopp or Hodgson has, nor have you coached the team in tactics, so therefore, you do not know if Fabinho's positional play or reading of the game are poor, nor do you know if Zaha or Tarkowski are not good enough.

You are just a random bloke on the internet with the same football qualifications as us making wild guesses!

Pub test.

So you're sat around a table in a pub having watched a match.
      Bloke says "Klopp picked the wrong team today"
      A definitive statement, that people pick up on and immediately ask how he knows.
      What information does he have to state categorically that the "wrong team" was picked.
      The answer is the fella has no information and is just giving it billy big bollocks.
      Discussion and debate don't happen because the bloke can't back it up.
      Making a definitive statement, then calling it an "opinion" is something used by idiots to control and/or shut down debate and discussion.
      I've seen it happen so many times.
      In real life, people have little tolerance for your type of bullshit.

Same pub, same scene
      Bloke says "I reckon Klopp picked the wrong team today"
      This opens up discussion and debate, because it's an opinion.
      It is not someoone stating a fact that they can have no possible way of knowing.

It happens in every pub that people go to after a match, all over the country.
      People try to make out they know something, and they get ripped for it.

The pub test is something that should be applied in every forum post.

How do you know how I read a game?

In your own words,
      They have more information and experience than you. They get to go watch live games, probably a wider tv angle than us, more detailed stats and stuff to bounce off ex professionals. They certainly know more than you.

So, by your own standard I must have a sh*t ton of knowledge, having been to literally thousands of games, spread over more than 50 years.

Look the simple fact is that I was saying ages ago that our midfield is not a creative outlet; they are there (at least 2 of 3, depending on the opposition) to cover the fullbacks, recycle, defend high to win back possession, and support.
      It's so easily seen by the number of assists our fullbacks have.
      TAA with 12, Robertson with 11.
      They are 3rd and 5th in the list of premier league assists respectively.
      It's taken your favourite pundit 3 years to figure out the thing I explained all that time ago, and during that time, all you were doing was gobbing off and trying to take the piss, along with some of your little cohort of plusers.

So excuse me if I find your "opinion" to be as valuable as your "knowledge".

There are maybe 4 posters on here who really know what they are talking about (I don't include myself), and you're not one of them.

Now kindly F**k off, and stop derailing this thread with your puerile personal attacks.
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2019 04:40:53 pm by Swab »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #723: May 18, 2019 06:33:21 pm
      Pub test.

So you're sat around a table in a pub having watched a match.
      A definitive statement, that people pick up on and immediately ask how he knows.
      What information does he have to state categorically that the "wrong team" was picked.
      The answer is the fella has no information and is just giving it billy big bollocks.
      Discussion and debate don't happen because the bloke can't back it up.
      Making a definitive statement, then calling it an "opinion" is something used by idiots to control and/or shut down debate and discussion.
      I've seen it happen so many times.
      In real life, people have little tolerance for your type of bullshit.

Same pub, same scene
      This opens up discussion and debate, because it's an opinion.
      It is not someoone stating a fact that they can have no possible way of knowing.

It happens in every pub that people go to after a match, all over the country.
      People try to make out they know something, and they get ripped for it.

The pub test is something that should be applied in every forum post.

How do you know how I read a game?

In your own words,

How about this:

Both opens up discussion and debate.. or even ripped into. I have seen many friends, random people, posters and comments not use, "I reckon", "in my opinion" and start off with, "player A is sh*t/not good enough" or "manager was wrong to play those tactics" for it start discussions.

I actually don't think I have seen anyone pickup definitive statements online or in RL, then proceeding to immediately ask how that person knows and what information he/she has etc. You are actually the first, but ironically, you do the same sh*t, but when you do it, it's okay , when others do it, you call it out and try to make them look stupid.

So, by your own standard I must have a sh*t ton of knowledge, having been to literally thousands of games, spread over more than 50 years.

Wow, you still don't understand, do you? I was (and still do when replying to you) using your sh*t against you, Swab.

Anyway, It doesn't matter if it's a definitive statement or not, you can still throw out the same sh*t you throw at people and use the, "has more information than you, medical files, coaches the team, more experienced etc etc. Pretty much giving a taste of your own medicine. It's not very nice, is it?

Oh, and have you noticed, you are doing the exact same sh*t in the Fab forums as what people have been doing on the Hendo forums ( pointing our faults, critizing etc), yet you go mental at them with your famous 5 points and how you would never do such a thing to another player and rather understand why that player is playing like that. How ironic! Swab standards for all, yet none for you.

Look the simple fact is that I was saying ages ago that our midfield is not a creative outlet; they are there (at least 2 of 3, depending on the opposition) to cover the fullbacks, recycle, defend high to win back possession, and support.
      It's so easily seen by the number of assists our fullbacks have.
      TAA with 12, Robertson with 11.
      They are 3rd and 5th in the list of premier league assists respectively.
      It's taken your favourite pundit 3 years to figure out the thing I explained all that time ago, and during that time, all you were doing was gobbing off and trying to take the piss, along with some of your little cohort of plusers.

What is the point of this exactly? So random!

There are maybe 4 posters on here who really know what they are talking about (I don't include myself), and you're not one of them.

For me, there are hundreds of posters who throw out good or viable opinions, even the ones I disagree with.  But guess what? You are not one of them. You are just a hateful angry negative poster who wants to shut down anyone who critises Hendo or  people you disagree with. Sorry, that's how I see you, hope I haven't hurt your feelings like you have mine!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #724: May 18, 2019 06:40:43 pm
      So, again, decent first season, some things to work on still.

A very solid 7/10 for the season for me.
      Did well for the most part, more to come.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #725: May 18, 2019 08:03:13 pm
      Fab is gonna become the best DM in the world over the next 5 years (in my humble opinion of course). His reading of the game is great, he times a tackle beautifully, and he can pass with the best of them. Bizarre that he is not in the Brazil squad for the Copa America, but their loss is our gain. Great signing, great first season. And he's gonna get better.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #726: May 18, 2019 11:14:40 pm
      So, again, decent first season, some things to work on still.

A very solid 7/10 for the season for me.
      Did well for the most part, more to come.

In the context of first season in the prem, part of a team to gain 97 points, played centre back perfectly and bossed Messi.

I’m still standing by my 10/10 🤪😘
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #727: May 18, 2019 11:17:05 pm
      In the context of first season in the prem, part of a team to gain 97 points, played centre back perfectly and bossed Messi.

I’m still standing by my 10/10 🤪😘

That’s just daft. He wasn’t 10/10 unless you only count the good stuff.

Great player and a huge part of our future - but a flawless first season? Not even close.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #728: May 18, 2019 11:37:22 pm
      That’s just daft. He wasn’t 10/10 unless you only count the good stuff.

Great player and a huge part of our future - but a flawless first season? Not even close.

I found him to be perfect 👌
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #729: May 19, 2019 12:15:53 pm

Then you didn't watch him play, or you're just being daft for the sake of it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #730: May 19, 2019 01:16:38 pm
      Like all of Jurgens signings he had a quiet start and was introduced slowly into the team to find his way and feel comfortable with his new team mates. He was clearly off the pace of the Prem to start with but that performance against Barcelona just left you feeling you want to see more of what this lad can do because he is another perfect fit into the jigsaw puzzle of a great side. With Naby and OX fit for next season I cant wait to see what we are going to do next season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #731: May 19, 2019 01:24:28 pm
      Like all of Jurgens signings he had a quiet start and was introduced slowly into the team to find his way and feel comfortable with his new team mates. He was clearly off the pace of the Prem to start with but that performance against Barcelona just left you feeling you want to see more of what this lad can do because he is another perfect fit into the jigsaw puzzle of a great side. With Naby and OX fit for next season I cant wait to see what we are going to do next season.

Yep, he's only going to get better.

Against Barcaelona, I really liked the way he used his anger and aggression positively.
      You could see how wound up he was, but after the card he really channelled his aggression well, but also stayed calm.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #732: May 19, 2019 05:59:47 pm
      He played well and deserved to be in Brazil's squad but it is a good news for us.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #733: May 19, 2019 09:49:29 pm
      Obviously I think he should have been called up but Tite also kept out Lucas Moura, I wonder if he's decided to rest them as both are involved in the UCL final? I don't know. But I was expecting both to have been called up, given their recent form.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #734: May 19, 2019 09:54:21 pm
      Obviously I think he should have been called up but Tite also kept out Lucas Moura, I wonder if he's decided to rest them as both are involved in the UCL final? I don't know. But I was expecting both to have been called up, given their recent form.

If it was because of the final then surely he’d have left out Bobby and Alisson too?

I see Alves is in the team, could it be his last bit of international football and he’s just happened to take Fab’s space, seeing as Fab tends to play RB for Brazil?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #735: May 19, 2019 11:05:52 pm

Quick Reply