Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155590 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #828: Nov 29, 2019 01:04:48 pm
      Paul Joyce saying ligament damage - up to 8 weeks.

FFS
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #829: Nov 29, 2019 01:07:55 pm
      Paul Joyce saying ligament damage - up to 8 weeks.

FFS

Out til New Year.
      On the official site.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,098 posts | 1637 
      Reply #830: Nov 29, 2019 01:13:31 pm
      Obviously not great news but feel Gini and Hendo can cover sufficiently . We will miss him especially when we are under pressure in games but think we can cope until 11th Jan when its Spurs then week after United. Keita needs to stand up and be counted and Ox will get more minutes the squad will be tested and that's what you need to compete on all fronts
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #831: Nov 29, 2019 01:14:55 pm
      FFS INDEED.

:-(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #832: Nov 29, 2019 01:19:13 pm
      Obviously not great news but feel Gini and Hendo can cover sufficiently . We will miss him especially when we are under pressure in games but think we can cope until 11th Jan when its Spurs then week after United. Keita needs to stand up and be counted and Ox will get more minutes the squad will be tested and that's what you need to compete on all fronts

Agree with this as well. Might encourage us to revert to a more attacking formation now he has gone with Chamberlain playing a key role. Apply some of the form we showed pre Fabinho during the second half of 17/18.

This is what you have to deal with and it happens. And it's why 8 point leads at this stage of the season are insurance policies.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #833: Nov 29, 2019 01:33:18 pm
      Terrible news.

Time for Keita to step up as he’ll be getting a lot of minutes with either Hendo or Gini having to play in the defensive role.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #834: Nov 29, 2019 01:34:04 pm
      Massive blow but we have to deal with it.

Wijnaldum has played there and played well.

We can do this
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #835: Nov 29, 2019 01:47:34 pm
      Big blow but opportunity knocks
      rossyred

• 9,098 posts | 1637 
      Reply #836: Nov 29, 2019 02:17:10 pm
      Although undeniably  well stocked in Midfield my only concern would be the injury/illness prone players in there Lallana,Keita and Ox and with the amount of games to play that would be my biggest worry not their ability to stand up more their ability to stay fit
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #837: Nov 29, 2019 03:41:51 pm
      Good News.

8 weeks is not season-ending like in Ox' case. He'll be back in February and then reaching 100% beginning of March when CL starts again. Another reason why I am optimistic is that Jürgen will be forced to trust Lallana, Keita or Ox for a bigger midfield role and I feel they can make this team even better than it is with Fab. Remember when Gomez got hurt and Jürgen was forced to throw in a dude named "Matip"? We all thought it would be a step back but indeed it was a step forward. Matip turned out to make this team better than it was with Gomez. Often injuries turn out be a blessing in disguise.

p.s. Also Robbo only got his chance when Moreno got injured. Another example of gettin better by injuries.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #838: Nov 29, 2019 03:59:33 pm
      Good News.

8 weeks is not season-ending like in Ox' case. He'll be back in February and then reaching 100% beginning of March when CL starts again. Another reason why I am optimistic is that Jürgen will be forced to trust Lallana, Keita or Ox for a bigger midfield role and I feel they can make this team even better than it is with Fab. Remember when Gomez got hurt and Jürgen was forced to throw in a dude named "Matip"? We all thought it would be a step back but indeed it was a step forward. Matip turned out to make this team better than it was with Gomez. Often injuries turn out be a blessing in disguise.

p.s. Also Robbo only got his chance when Moreno got injured. Another example of gettin better by injuries.

Good news? He's been our best player this season so far this season - But that aside, on what f**king planet is ANY Liverpool player being injured "good news"? Have a f**king word!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #839: Nov 29, 2019 04:04:23 pm
      Good news? He's been our best player this season so far this season - But that aside, on what f**king planet is ANY Liverpool player being injured "good news"? Have a f**king word!

You know damn well he meant good news that its not longer, why are you acting like a wum?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #840: Nov 29, 2019 04:14:29 pm
      You know damn well he meant good news that its not longer, why are you acting like a wum?

Well if that's the case then I stand completely corrected but judging by the entire post and talk of us being "even better" without him out I'm not quite sure. Also all of the initial estimates were that he'd be out for around 4 weeks, so I'm quite baffled as to how being ruled out for twice as long equates to "good news"
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #841: Nov 29, 2019 04:18:36 pm
      Of course I meant: good news that it's not longer and let's look at a positive side despite the bad news.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #842: Nov 29, 2019 04:20:56 pm
      Of course I meant: good news that it's not longer and let's look at a positive side despite the bad news.

Fair enough, just didn't seem that way with the wording & the fact that he's sidelined for 2-4 weeks more than was initially expected
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #843: Nov 29, 2019 06:17:29 pm
      Just think, if Lovren used his head and didn’t dive into the challenge like a bull in a china shop then this Fabinho injury wouldn’t be an issue.

Luckily the run of games, whilst high in number of games, isn’t the toughest of opponents to be facing so it could be much worse but it’s still not ideal.

Hendo and Gini are going to have to find consistency in their performances now and this is a great chance for Keita and Ox to really step up. We lost Alisson and exceeded expectations with Adrian so who’s to say it won’t happen again with Fab and his replacement.

It was going to be a tough period of games anyway and he wouldn’t have played every single one of them. Blessing in disguise to take a slight edge off it is that he wouldn’t have been playing this week anyway. Plus, we might get lucky and he might recover sooner than expected like I think Kane did with a similar injury last season.
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2019 06:24:03 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #844: Nov 29, 2019 10:50:38 pm
      Well if that's the case then I stand completely corrected but judging by the entire post and talk of us being "even better" without him out I'm not quite sure. Also all of the initial estimates were that he'd be out for around 4 weeks, so I'm quite baffled as to how being ruled out for twice as long equates to "good news"

007 is a total WUM. No serious poster would call this good news, you are correct. And look who defends him....

I wouldn't be surprised if Fab isn't back in a match until Feb. 1. Other teams have had to cope with big injuries (like Sane and Laporte) and now we do (again, as with Alisson like KK mentioned). We can cope
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2019 12:29:52 am by Robby The Z »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #845: Nov 30, 2019 01:29:27 am
      ;D yea let’s blame Lovren! FFS give your head a wobble ...embarrassing.
      rossyred

• 9,098 posts | 1637 
      Reply #846: Nov 30, 2019 09:14:04 am
      Just think, if Lovren used his head and didn’t dive into the challenge like a bull in a china shop then this Fabinho injury wouldn’t be an issue.

Luckily the run of games, whilst high in number of games, isn’t the toughest of opponents to be facing so it could be much worse but it’s still not ideal.

Hendo and Gini are going to have to find consistency in their performances now and this is a great chance for Keita and Ox to really step up. We lost Alisson and exceeded expectations with Adrian so who’s to say it won’t happen again with Fab and his replacement.

It was going to be a tough period of games anyway and he wouldn’t have played every single one of them. Blessing in disguise to take a slight edge off it is that he wouldn’t have been playing this week anyway. Plus, we might get lucky and he might recover sooner than expected like I think Kane did with a similar injury last season.

How can you drag Lovren into this FFS its football people make challenges it is just unlucky end of
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #847: Nov 30, 2019 09:54:37 am
      wouldn't be surprised if Fab isn't back in a match until Feb. 1.

See Klopp said in his interview that he wouldn’t have played all the games between now and March so hopefully that’s not an indication he could be out until then.
      Guess like any injury, just a case of seeing how the body heals and if there are any setbacks or not.

How can you drag Lovren into this FFS its football people make challenges it is just unlucky end of

Lovren made a wrong decision, and as a result an unfortunate event happened. Simple as that so stop crying because I’m hardly calling for Lovren to be sent to the gallows.
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2019 10:03:18 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      rossyred

• 9,098 posts | 1637 
      Reply #848: Nov 30, 2019 12:46:00 pm
      See Klopp said in his interview that he wouldn’t have played all the games between now and March so hopefully that’s not an indication he could be out until then.
      Guess like any injury, just a case of seeing how the body heals and if there are any setbacks or not.

Lovren made a wrong decision, and as a result an unfortunate event happened. Simple as that so stop crying because I’m hardly calling for Lovren to be sent to the gallows.

No ones crying just pointing out that you have had a shocker calling out Lovren which you clearly have
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #849: Nov 30, 2019 12:51:19 pm
      No ones crying just pointing out that you have had a shocker calling out Lovren which you clearly have

If you say so  :gt-happyup:
      Don’t need to keep replying to me then do you :gt-happyup:

If you think Lovren made the right decision making that challenge then that’s your take on it, couldn’t give a toss either way if I’m honest.
      rossyred

• 9,098 posts | 1637 
      Reply #850: Nov 30, 2019 12:55:29 pm
       :lmao:2
      If you say so  :gt-happyup:
      Don’t need to keep replying to me then do you :gt-happyup:

If you think Lovren made the right decision making that challenge then that’s your take on it, couldn’t give a toss either way if I’m honest.
      😂

Quick Reply