Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 156963 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #897: Sep 27, 2020 11:47:29 am
      Looking at most of our central midfielders and their wit and ability infront of goal or to get a or some goals, if Klopp was clever enough and have seen enough enthusiasm to play as much as anywhere, should have turned you as that AM... I think you could have filled that Kagawa and Henrik role, absolutely well, mate! Looking how they were..., and how you can roll fast with the ball forward as well! It's just a totally unbalanced midfield and we don't know what to do, anymore!

Hahahaha you sure you're deffo not a plazzy manc?

You do a good job of comparing our players to their bags of sh*te including that shithouse Ronaldo.
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2020 11:54:32 am by HUYTON RED »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,545 posts | 3905 
      Reply #898: Sep 29, 2020 02:36:18 pm
      Must be a nightmare to play against - Klopp loves him.

Not only is he a superb defensive player he has that typical Brazilian technical flair that makes him unique and for me the best DM in the world.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2746 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #899: Sep 29, 2020 03:29:04 pm
      Most complete player in the world for me

Reads the game second to none
      Tackles as good as any
      Scores worldies
      Can play several positions  and play them to a top level
      Can pass as well as anyone

Just a gem
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #900: Sep 29, 2020 03:57:43 pm
      Must be a nightmare to play against - Klopp loves him.

Not only is he a superb defensive player he has that typical Brazilian technical flair that makes him unique and for me the best DM in the world after Kante.

A quick correction. I think Kante is the best out there.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,545 posts | 3905 
      Reply #901: Sep 29, 2020 04:33:12 pm
      A quick correction. I think Kante is the best out there.

Considering Kante doesn’t play in that position anymore - I’ll go with Fabs
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #902: Oct 21, 2020 10:43:32 pm
      Was fantastic again dropping into CB, I wonder if he could be converted into a full time ball playing CB?
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #903: Oct 21, 2020 10:47:18 pm
      Was fantastic again dropping into CB, I wonder if he could be converted into a full time ball playing CB?

If anything i think he should be better than 4th choice at CB but i love his versatility anyway. This type of performance is why Klopp was ok letting Lovren go and using him as backup
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #904: Oct 22, 2020 12:16:21 am
      Somebody had made a good suggestion that he is first choice alongside one of the other two, meaning we minimise the risk of them picking up injuries. The more I think of it the more it makes sense. Matip would be my choice alongside Fab.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,545 posts | 3905 
      Reply #905: Oct 22, 2020 08:22:09 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #906: Oct 22, 2020 08:55:20 am
      Somebody had made a good suggestion that he is first choice alongside one of the other two, meaning we minimise the risk of them picking up injuries. The more I think of it the more it makes sense. Matip would be my choice alongside Fab.

I'd actually look to make him the main CB alongside Virgil long term, especially now that we have Thiago who can play DM and Hendo is also good in that role. In the short term he's the first CB on the team sheet until further notice, especially against tough opposition.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #907: Oct 22, 2020 09:16:38 am

Would prefer Joe next to Fab only because his pace can be vital sometimes in tracking back. Matip is more solid defensively but not the quickest.

But it's a relief that Fab looks so composed at CB.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #908: Oct 22, 2020 09:26:47 am
      Would prefer Joe next to Fab only because his pace can be vital sometimes in tracking back. Matip is more solid defensively but not the quickest.

But it's a relief that Fab looks so composed at CB.

Yeah I think Joe had a welcome good game himself yesterday to be honest. Think playing next to Fab the line is a bit deeper naturally than it is with Virgil.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2746 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #909: Oct 22, 2020 09:52:39 am
      Hes in the world class bracket for mr. Not sure many of his equals in midfield would bevas comfy in the heart of the defence
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 28 
      Reply #910: Oct 22, 2020 03:50:42 pm
      Fab is fast becoming one of our best-ever value-for-money transfer deals.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,545 posts | 3905 
      Reply #911: Oct 22, 2020 06:40:55 pm

Couldn’t agree more - worth every penny and then some
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #912: Oct 22, 2020 06:50:19 pm

and pretty much out of nowhere, like Jota.

This team is simply world class at working the transfer market.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #913: Oct 23, 2020 03:28:20 am
      Class Act. MOTM
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,725 posts | 847 
      Reply #914: Oct 23, 2020 04:31:01 am
      I have thought about that before the injury and I think it is only viable if we go and buy another CDM because Hendo and Thiago can't do what Fab does in that CDM role. Sure both are good at pressing, but in terms of breaking up play and being dominant in the air as well as dropping back to help the CB's I don't think Thiago or Hendo match him.

Basically, its a very good idea considering how good he is at CB but we'd have pay big money for another world class CDM like him in what is a very shallow pool.

If you have the best CB in the world its easier to go and find quality that will be significantly enhanced by playing alongside him but guys as good as Fabinho in that one man role can be counted on one hand. It was a masterpiece of a move to snap him up from Monaco. On his level I can think of Kante, Fernandinho, Casemiro, Kimmich (although all of those have different styles) and the obvious up and coming one being Ndidi at Leicester.

I know there is other promising CDMs around the world (my favorite being Denis Zakaria from Borussia Monchengladbach), but my point is that it's probably easier to just go and buy another quality CB that will automatically go up a notch or two just by playing alongside VVD than searching for another CDM as good as Fab. However, with that said, it's not an impossible or crazy idea considering how impressive he is and how good we are at identifying good players and snapping them up quickly. 
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #915: Oct 23, 2020 05:39:07 pm
      He is a class player no doubt, made it look easy, like he had played CB all his life 😊
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #916: Oct 28, 2020 08:37:37 pm
      Any news on Fab
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #917: Oct 29, 2020 07:06:42 am

They think he should be back for after the international break, it’s a grade 1 or 2 tear so it could be worse.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #918: Oct 29, 2020 09:53:35 am
      They think he should be back for after the international break, it’s a grade 1 or 2 tear so it could be worse.

Are we the only team getting injuries at the moment, if so it's a bit weird with this punishing schedule for the top teams?

We need to negotiate West Ham, Atalanta and Man City with an incomplete defence so we have two options, pack the defence and counter attack or full throttle heavy metal, outscore the opposition.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #919: Oct 29, 2020 09:58:01 am
      Are we the only team getting injuries at the moment, if so it's a bit weird with this punishing schedule for the top teams?

We need to negotiate West Ham, Atalanta and Man City with an incomplete defence so we have two options, pack the defence and counter attack or full throttle heavy metal, outscore the opposition.

Ox and VVD are our only medium to long term injuries.

The rest should be back in the next week or two.

It's just VVD out feels almost like having three long term absentees in one such is the loss.

Quick Reply