Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155354 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #943: Mar 26, 2021 01:01:27 pm
      Just came here to say this: probably the most underrated player in the whole squad (and in the league for that matter), especially when he is playing in midfield. Along with VVD and Alisson I'd say this is the most transformative signing we did in a very long while.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #944: Mar 26, 2021 06:26:04 pm
      Just came here to say this: probably the most underrated player in the whole squad (and in the league for that matter), especially when he is playing in midfield. Along with VVD and Alisson I'd say this is the most transformative signing we did in a very long while.

I agree. One of the best in his position. Kante is at his level but with other attributes for a DM.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #945: Apr 03, 2021 10:11:17 pm
      He is some player best in the league in his position.
      As dominant as Kante but can also pass the ball.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #946: Apr 03, 2021 11:56:41 pm
      Forgot to mention him in the game thread.

Immense.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #947: Apr 04, 2021 12:26:24 pm
      What a performance against Arsenal
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #948: Apr 04, 2021 11:27:04 pm
      Pound for pound our most important player, in my opinion
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #949: Apr 05, 2021 12:49:42 am
      Beastly!

How good is he back in midfield?

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #951: May 21, 2021 04:32:36 am
      Reds player of the year for me
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #952: May 21, 2021 06:55:56 am
      Mine too. Although I think Alisson or Salah.
       would deserve it too. Alisson should tremendous courage and his goal could potentially save us a lt of trouble.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #953: May 21, 2021 01:58:02 pm
      Mine too. Although I think Alisson or Salah.
       would deserve it too. Alisson should tremendous courage and his goal could potentially save us a lt of trouble.

Alisson doesn't deserve POTY because of a header. He has been subpar for long stretches of the season and should be nowhere near the conversation for that "award".

Fabinho has been our best player and it's not even close. Boss in midfield and boss in CB.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #954: May 21, 2021 02:31:50 pm
      Alisson doesn't deserve POTY because of a header. He has been subpar for long stretches of the season and should be nowhere near the conversation for that "award".

Fabinho has been our best player and it's not even close. Boss in midfield and boss in CB.
      Salahs literally carried us it would be an embarrassment if he doesn’t win.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #955: May 21, 2021 05:08:07 pm

Agree with that

Don’t agree with that

However Fabinho has been very good this year
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #956: May 21, 2021 05:49:44 pm

Not even close.

Since the 7-0 Palace game on Dec 19th, when our season started to collapse, all the way til the Arsenal game on Apr 3rd Salah scored from open play in 2 out of those 15 games. Count them....one.....two..... That is it. And since he does not contribute much of anything else other than scoring, it really held us back.

Anyone other than Fabinho, who as someone already posted, his move to midfield coincides with our pickup in form, winning the POTY would be a robbery. But i get Salah is the "sexy" name because we model our tactics to maximize his scoring, but that doesn't mean he carried us, especially when during those 3 months / 15 games where we were shut out 9x and were begging for someone to score a goal he was invisible, and he is the primary beneficiary, bar none, of our style of play offensively.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #957: May 21, 2021 07:54:17 pm
      I think I'd go for Fab as my POTY. Been saying it for months.

He's gone off the boil for me in the last few games to the point I think he's offered very little to no protection to the 2 young lads at CB, but I reckon he's just tired after playing a very exacting season in different roles in the side.

For me there is very little difference in him playing centre back or centre mid, he's very good at both.

"Centre back" or "defensive midfielder" are to an extent just labels. Marcel Desailly was brilliant in both positions. Some players are so good that they can slot in in either role and be great at it. People would have laughed at the idea Desailly couldn't play both positions.

A lot of Reds seem to just think Fab's a DM and that's it but that's a disservice to Fab's talents for me. Maybe he is slightly better in one than the other, and ultimately all that matters is what Klopp thinks and where he wants to play him, but I think this idea that Fab has to play DM and then we pick the rest of the team from there is too simplistic. Fab is basically a destructive 6. We could use Thiago as a constructive 6 instead. That's where he excelled at Bayern. No reason he can't do it for us.

Yes taking say Curtis or Ox out of midfield and sticking them in at CB is a genuine case of square peg in a round hole, but Fabinho is a roundish peg in a round hole; maybe even a round peg in a round hole. Certainly for his country I reckon he'd be brilliant at CB.

Not suggesting he should be included in the 4 centre backs in the squad, but he's good enough that I'd rather he was shifted into the back 4 on Sunday for one more game. I love Rhys to bits, cult hero, and Phillips played out of his skin against Burnley, but with so much riding on Sunday the thought of them two at CB again is going to make Sunday a hard watch unless we storm 3 goals in the first half hour. If Milner's back then I won't be surprised to see Millie come into the side and Rhys drop to the bench. Klopp's going to want experience and cool heads and leadership and that makes Milner the first name on the team sheet. Hard to see him getting left out unless he's not fit enough to start.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #958: May 22, 2021 08:45:33 am
      Wow and yet here I was thinking his last game against West Brom, he was terrible. Kept getting caught on the ball, turning it over, gave no protection to Rhys at all considering we all knew what their game plan was going to be.

Fab's been good but Mo is my POTY for sure.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #959: Aug 03, 2021 05:09:16 pm
      New contract sorted. Good news!

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #960: Aug 03, 2021 05:10:27 pm
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #961: Aug 03, 2021 05:49:51 pm
      Great news. Now off to the next one in linr for a renewal.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #962: Aug 03, 2021 05:59:45 pm
      Great new.

One of the best DM in the game tied down to another contract.

Along with Trent that's great to hear.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #963: Aug 03, 2021 06:39:29 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #965: Aug 03, 2021 07:49:43 pm
      Phenomenal news. Who was it who called him the 'lighthouse'? Pep Lijnders I think. Anyway, the perfect description for this player. A true beacon for the team.

Quick Reply