Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155399 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread (M)
      Reply #1058: Oct 15, 2022 02:50:52 pm
      Fab at his best can be a difference maker for sure.

I just feel it needs to be everyone tomorrow, including the bench and the crowd. We can't afford to carry anyone.

Even if they play badly they have matchwinners everywhere ... we need to be at our best. Because if we play like we have been ... and they do likewise it wont be pretty.

Looking forward to it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1059: Oct 16, 2022 09:39:55 pm
      Back to some decent form today. Thought he was excellent
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1060: Oct 19, 2022 09:31:58 pm
      Awful cameo so far off the pace, looks like he can’t play 2 games in a week anymore.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1061: Oct 21, 2022 12:46:02 am
      He was a disaster waiting to happen against West Ham.

He came on and within his first 5 minutes, he got turned 3 times.

He also turned the ball over with just loose sh*t kicks that went straight to the opposition, about 5 times.

Thought for sure he was gonna give away a penalty at one stage in the last few stages of the match!

I wanted him subbed after his 5 minutes.

Hadn't even noticed Declan Rice till Fab came on. Up until that stage, I was wondering what all the fuss was about Declan, still not sure to be fair, becuase Fab made him look half decent.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1062: Oct 21, 2022 01:55:31 am
      Awful cameo so far off the pace, looks like he can’t play 2 games in a week anymore.

He looks 50
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1063: Oct 22, 2022 05:13:44 pm
      Did not watch the game today, but the lad apparently had another shocker
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1064: Oct 22, 2022 05:16:39 pm

Apart from Ali and maybe Elliot, most players had a shocker.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1065: Oct 22, 2022 05:19:02 pm

Didn't look any different to his other games this season tbh
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1066: Oct 22, 2022 08:10:24 pm
      Fab today reminded me of Kenneth Cope in Randal and Hopkirk Deceased....He was there, but like a ghost unable to contribute anything.
      "He's behind you Jeff"
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1067: Oct 22, 2022 09:24:31 pm
      Fab today reminded me of Kenneth Cope in Randal and Hopkirk Deceased....He was there, but like a ghost unable to contribute anything.
      "He's behind you Jeff"

Just looked like a slow old man to me ... of all the senior players who have dropped off this season he has been the worst. The signs were there in preseason ... he was diabolical against Fulham and its pretty much stayed that way.

Another one that will cost a fortune to replace and his value currently isn't alot.

He's been so important to our success. It's sad. But his head isn't there in my opinion.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1068: Oct 23, 2022 12:13:07 am
      Just totally off the boil at the moment.

Looks a shadow of the player that was destroying midfields the last 2 seasons.

Looks slow and isn't anticipating the oppo's next move and cutting it out, like we are so accustomed too.

Need him back firing F***ing quick smart!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1069: Oct 23, 2022 06:11:02 am
      Has looked like he's running uphill in snow all season. Very worrying decline.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1070: Oct 23, 2022 11:00:02 am
      Fabinho’s form is troubling

Imo he has been as key as anyone over the last 4 years , he has been one of the best DM’s in world football but right now his form had gone.

Is he suffering from burnout ? Or is he mentally tired at the moment

But Happy Birthday and hope you can get that form back soon

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1584108223174676480?s=46&t=uFAGnJQXBhQO_F6lfOa1FA
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2022 11:09:03 am by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1071: Oct 23, 2022 11:24:54 am
      hope he doesnt go to the WC needs a break
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1072: Oct 23, 2022 12:27:49 pm
      hope he doesnt go to the WC needs a break

I am afraid he will . Got a feelng Bobby will sneak In as well
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1073: Oct 23, 2022 01:00:44 pm

There is a few a of them though  not just Fab. I'd also look at Mo, VVD, Trent.

All have had a shocking drop in form at points since the start of the season
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1074: Oct 23, 2022 01:08:46 pm
      There is a few a of them though  not just Fab. I'd also look at Mo, VVD, Trent.

All have had a shocking drop in form at points since the start of the season

Yes they have all had drops but have also shown the odd sign of form - Fab yet hasn’t shown anything
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1075: Oct 23, 2022 01:47:28 pm
      Fabinho’s form is troubling

Imo he has been as key as anyone over the last 4 years , he has been one of the best DM’s in world football but right now his form had gone.

Is he suffering from burnout ? Or is he mentally tired at the moment

But Happy Birthday and hope you can get that form back soon

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1584108223174676480?s=46&t=uFAGnJQXBhQO_F6lfOa1FA
      He's not just an important player, Lallana. Along with Alisson, VVD and Firmino they form the backbone of the team. The only one you can, to a certain extent, have a good game without him performing is Bobby. Any of the other three is off the boil and we'll struggle. Keep that going for a string of games and you get what were witnessing. I don't understand what's with him.

I can't decide if this is more me just imagining it or if its actually happening, but I feel like he is barely running, barely jumping, etc. The reason I say I could be imagining it is that he never struck me as the guy who sprints from point A to point B and is like a ball of energy. He always had that style of jogging, reading the game and then exploding into a tackle, an aerial duel, or an interception so it could be that now that those are not clicking it just looks like he's jogging with no aim (pretty frustrating to watch). 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1076: Oct 23, 2022 02:08:54 pm
      He's not just an important player, Lallana. Along with Alisson, VVD and Firmino they form the backbone of the team. The only one you can, to a certain extent, have a good game without him performing is Bobby. Any of the other three is off the boil and we'll struggle. Keep that going for a string of games and you get what were witnessing. I don't understand what's with him.

I can't decide if this is more me just imagining it or if its actually happening, but I feel like he is barely running, barely jumping, etc. The reason I say I could be imagining it is that he never struck me as the guy who sprints from point A to point B and is like a ball of energy. He always had that style of jogging, reading the game and then exploding into a tackle, an aerial duel, or an interception so it could be that now that those are not clicking it just looks like he's jogging with no aim (pretty frustrating to watch).

He looks like he running in quick sand - and about two yards off the pace. He was always strong when covering

I think it’s just a drop in form for him at tbe moment
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1077: Oct 23, 2022 03:04:23 pm
      He keeps getting out hustled in 50-50 situations. Sharpness doesn't seem to be there. The guy is only 29 so he should no way be over the hill yet (assuming no underlying injury issues). Got to think it is just a dip in form.

A lot of our key players are all having this dip in form right now obviously. Which makes me think it is mainly psychological (as does the fact that we are a lot worse away from home). I said earlier in the season that the huge effort we put in last season, getting so close to a quadruple but then missing out on both league and CL at the last gasp, has deep down maybe made some players feel how the f**k are we actually going to win the league this season, especially now City have stretched the gap in the squads further by signing Haaland. Looks to me like some of the belief and motivation has dipped. I suspect this is probably a bigger factor than either age or physical tiredness. Particularly against the smaller clubs and away from home, we just aren't as motivated or as driven as usual.

I suspect it will be temporary. We will summon up enough to get a top 4 spot, hopefully, when push comes to shove. And we may find that the CL gives us something we actually still believe we can win, and focuses our minds. But, this year, it looks to me like the players just haven't believed we can win the league, or at any rate can't summon up the will and reserves of mental energy to really make a go of it.

So, yeah, I think we will see Fab, and a few others, coming through this and eventually getting their form back by the second half of the season. (As long as we still have something to play for by then.)
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1078: Oct 23, 2022 03:09:33 pm
      So poor the last few games
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1079: Oct 23, 2022 03:15:33 pm
      Looks like a player of 39 not 29 this season.

Dreadful run of form.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1080: Oct 23, 2022 05:35:40 pm
      He keeps getting out hustled in 50-50 situations. Sharpness doesn't seem to be there. The guy is only 29 so he should no way be over the hill yet (assuming no underlying injury issues). Got to think it is just a dip in form.

A lot of our key players are all having this dip in form right now obviously. Which makes me think it is mainly psychological (as does the fact that we are a lot worse away from home). I said earlier in the season that the huge effort we put in last season, getting so close to a quadruple but then missing out on both league and CL at the last gasp, has deep down maybe made some players feel how the f**k are we actually going to win the league this season, especially now City have stretched the gap in the squads further by signing Haaland. Looks to me like some of the belief and motivation has dipped. I suspect this is probably a bigger factor than either age or physical tiredness. Particularly against the smaller clubs and away from home, we just aren't as motivated or as driven as usual.

I suspect it will be temporary. We will summon up enough to get a top 4 spot, hopefully, when push comes to shove. And we may find that the CL gives us something we actually still believe we can win, and focuses our minds. But, this year, it looks to me like the players just haven't believed we can win the league, or at any rate can't summon up the will and reserves of mental energy to really make a go of it.

So, yeah, I think we will see Fab, and a few others, coming through this and eventually getting their form back by the second half of the season. (As long as we still have something to play for by then.)

Excellent post indeed, let's hope Fab and a few of the others having a mental and physical dip come back stronger and better, the last few seasons have certainly taken their toll.

Quick Reply