Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155438 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread (M)
      Reply #1081: Oct 29, 2022 11:37:28 pm
      It’s a bit tragic but I don’t want to see him strolling around any more, just play Bajcetic for the rest of the season it will do him good to be a replacement to another DM we bring in next year.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1082: Oct 29, 2022 11:39:24 pm
      It’s a bit tragic but I don’t want to see him strolling around any more, just play Bajcetic for the rest of the season it will do him good to be a replacement to another DM we bring in next year.
      He looks totally shot
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1083: Oct 29, 2022 11:42:34 pm
      Agreed.

He’s playing at about 30% of his capacity.

Needs to get his mojo back and become the Best DM in the World like we have been accustomed too.

Miles off it at the moment!
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1084: Oct 29, 2022 11:46:41 pm

Not seen enough of Bajcetic to know if this is feasible. I really liked the look of Tyler Morton, and if he wasn't out on loan would surely be pushing for a start. Wonder if we have the option to cut his loan short at some point?
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1085: Oct 29, 2022 11:59:26 pm
      Not seen enough of Bajcetic to know if this is feasible. I really liked the look of Tyler Morton, and if he wasn't out on loan would surely be pushing for a start. Wonder if we have the option to cut his loan short at some point?

We need top drawer quality ... not a young lad out on loan. Nothing against Tyler.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1086: Oct 30, 2022 12:26:41 am
      We need top drawer quality ... not a young lad out on loan. Nothing against Tyler.

Right, but we can't do anything about that til at least the next transfer window. Point is Jürgen right now is bemoaning his lack of midfield options with the number of games we have to play, and we are obviously short of energy in that area. And Fab is out of form. So a young and, in my opinion, high quality and composed, DM would be pushing strongly for a place, if he was still available.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1087: Oct 30, 2022 01:22:04 am
      Agreed.

He’s playing at about 30% of his capacity.

Needs to get his mojo back and become the Best DM in the World like we have been accustomed too.

Miles off it at the moment!

He's lost a step. So has Bobby. So has Hendo. So has VVD. Klopps system is demanding and we've played hundreds intense matches throughout these past few years. Fab might be out of form, but he also isn't getting any younger or faster. I know he's only 29, but to me he looks in physical decline. He looks the same way Bobby did during the 20/21 season. A bit slower, a bit more labored, and not as smooth on the move.

Sadly we need to tell the hard truth on about 30/40% of the squad, and that's that they are declining or aren't good enough. Bad thing is FSG aren't going to do what we need them to do, and that's open their check book and write about 250mil worth of checks to rebuild the squad.

Annoying af that's what the new game is, but it doesn't make it any less true. Newcastles take over was less than a year ago and their already in the top 4. What do you think they look like in 3 years? City aren't going away. Klopp is an awesome coach, but he needs backing to keep up
      Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Reply #1088: Oct 30, 2022 04:13:14 am
      He's lost a step. So has Bobby. So has Hendo. So has VVD. Klopps system is demanding and we've played hundreds intense matches throughout these past few years. Fab might be out of form, but he also isn't getting any younger or faster. I know he's only 29, but to me he looks in physical decline. He looks the same way Bobby did during the 20/21 season. A bit slower, a bit more labored, and not as smooth on the move.

Sadly we need to tell the hard truth on about 30/40% of the squad, and that's that they are declining or aren't good enough. Bad thing is FSG aren't going to do what we need them to do, and that's open their check book and write about 250mil worth of checks to rebuild the squad.

Annoying af that's what the new game is, but it doesn't make it any less true. Newcastles take over was less than a year ago and their already in the top 4. What do you think they look like in 3 years? City aren't going away. Klopp is an awesome coach, but he needs backing to keep up

Bang on.

This system requires a rotation of players. A conveyor belt. Klopp's system is so demanding that it needs a player at his top game. No days off. It's more demanding than your average system.

The average midfielder is left to deputise his zone whilst not needing much mobilty off the ball other than shifting with the pattern of play then pressing within his zone whilst not dragging himself out of position. This gives a player longer longevity in his system. Our midfield requirement is off the ball you press and press until that ball leaves your side of the field. This gives us a shorter time span with this type of player. This is where I feel Fabinho is finished. He can't press. He doesn't have the legs for it anymore. The players around him can't press. They neither have the legs.

All our issues are stemming from this guys position.

Hendo offered nothing but energy before. Don't let those red tinted glasses fool you. He offered nothing else but energy and onfield leadership (second attribute is debatable also). Now he has no energy. Puts more pressure on this position.

Thiago was Gini before. Gini, a man that ran his ass off. Thiago has never had to run like this. He can't do it. He's not this type of player. The problem is Gini wasn't replaced. Thiago was always meant to be the extra added midfielder. It was meant to be a Gini replacement and a Thiago. That's how you build, you add. So replacing Gini, with a like for like, gives you the midfielder you need plus your golden egg in Thiago.

Fab is isolated and also has lost his legs for it. Fsg decided we never needed a backup to this position so it's Fab or nothing here unless we put a shoe in.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1089: Oct 30, 2022 05:33:54 pm
      Fab has been awful but the is no one who can replace him
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1090: Oct 30, 2022 06:19:08 pm
      I am no expert, but we have never really replaced Ginny, who at least kept fit . It is sad to see a player like Fabinho's form decline so rapidly.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1091: Oct 30, 2022 06:25:56 pm
      Fab has been awful but the is no one who can replace him
      At the level he is playing at right now, I don't see how Bajcetic could do worse. At least it will give Fab some time out and the kid some minutes. He's by far the worst player in the whole squad since the seasons started.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1092: Oct 30, 2022 06:27:15 pm
      What happened him is it burnout?

Looks like most of the squad have major burnout.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1093: Oct 30, 2022 06:31:01 pm
      I am no expert, but we have never really replaced Ginny, who at least kept fit . It is sad to see a player like Fabinho's form decline so rapidly.

I think him and gini together were a fecking good combo
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1094: Oct 30, 2022 07:41:11 pm
      Needs a midfield partner BADLY.

For whatever reason he cannot stick it out there by himself, Gini and a fitter Henderson no doubt would have been more mobile in coming back to support him but I just feel he cannot hack it anymore.

Still a good enough player in there to make the most out of, but not with him by himself.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1095: Oct 30, 2022 08:48:24 pm
      And his wife is a right wing Fascist.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1096: Oct 31, 2022 07:36:45 am
      And his wife is a right wing Fascist.

Also reportedly a terrible DM
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1097: Oct 31, 2022 09:35:14 am

Gini's departure and contract seem more strange now than ever. Gini had th elegs in midfield we are missing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1098: Oct 31, 2022 09:37:02 am
      Needs a midfield partner BADLY.

For whatever reason he cannot stick it out there by himself, Gini and a fitter Henderson no doubt would have been more mobile in coming back to support him but I just feel he cannot hack it anymore.

Still a good enough player in there to make the most out of, but not with him by himself.

I suspect Gini is one player who is regretting turning down the contract for the bigger wage elsewhere
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1099: Nov 12, 2022 08:38:15 pm
      Starting to look a bit like his old self today
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1100: Nov 15, 2022 12:26:47 am
      Starting to look a bit like his old self today

Agreed, there were bits of his play where you thought, is he back?

Looked like it to me, but now there is a 6 week break to stop any momentum, he may have been building.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1101: Nov 15, 2022 09:51:16 pm
      Rumours around today that LFC willing to accept offers.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #1102: Dec 02, 2022 07:26:22 pm
      Fabinho is playing some of the best football he's played in 2 years for Brazil this evening. Typical isn't it..
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1103: Dec 02, 2022 07:36:29 pm
      It would have to be Shaqiri who would score vs Serbia wouldn't it.

Quick Reply