Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155443 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread (M)
      Reply #1127: Feb 03, 2023 12:54:05 pm
      I think all of us well known our players need backup/competitive and lack of that are not hard to predict our players become fatigue/injury. Fabinho is clearly affected badly from playing too many games, I just read interesting stats from an article on TIA.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/02/at-29-fabinho-has-played-more-minutes-than-the-average-35-year-old/

I'll read the article later ... but it won't change my mind.

Christ fabinho played his last 2 games including the 11 minute shambles at Brighton on a week's rest.

He's shot. He needs moving on and the funds put toward a new midfielder who can do what the team requires.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1128: Feb 03, 2023 01:07:29 pm
      I think all of us well known our players need backup/competitive and lack of that are not hard to predict our players become fatigue/injury. Fabinho is clearly affected badly from playing too many games, I just read interesting stats from an article on TIA.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/02/at-29-fabinho-has-played-more-minutes-than-the-average-35-year-old/

BS. He had a month off for the world cup plus itā€™s not like heā€™s played every game since then. Heā€™s way off form obviously but ā€œoh heā€™s just overworkedā€ is just an excuse.

Heā€™s 29, still in peak years. Heā€™ll come back strong.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1129: Feb 03, 2023 04:02:37 pm
      I'll read the article later ... but it won't change my mind.

Christ fabinho played his last 2 games including the 11 minute shambles at Brighton on a week's rest.

He's shot. He needs moving on and the funds put toward a new midfielder who can do what the team requires.

IMO team performance is collective thing of every player on individual. And don't forget what happen to our players this season are inevitably at least partly result of overwork in previos seasons.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1130: Feb 03, 2023 04:09:13 pm
      BS. He had a month off for the world cup plus itā€™s not like heā€™s played every game since then. Heā€™s way off form obviously but ā€œoh heā€™s just overworkedā€ is just an excuse.

Heā€™s 29, still in peak years. Heā€™ll come back strong.

Overworked or not it's easy to see as JK really want that Tcuameni, for what?, to relief workload of Fab, and other midfielders.
      Players are human, not robot. Even robot also need many factors to work properly not just a fully charged batteries. 
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1131: Feb 04, 2023 12:44:55 am
      IMO team performance is collective thing of every player on individual. And don't forget what happen to our players this season are inevitably at least partly result of overwork in previos seasons.

Not having it mate. Sorry.

Fabinho had a week off ... came on fresh for the last 10 at Brighton and put in the worse display I've seen from a Liverpool midfielder that I can remember. He was out run and out manoeuvred by players who'd been on the pitch 80 plus.

He looked like an old man. F*ck all to do with last season .... he's not good enough and needs moving on. He'd been horrific for a year now. And whilst players go out of for 5 or 6 games. ... they don't go out of form for this long unless they're finished.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1132: Feb 04, 2023 03:04:20 am
      Not having it mate. Sorry.

Fabinho had a week off ... came on fresh for the last 10 at Brighton and put in the worse display I've seen from a Liverpool midfielder that I can remember. He was out run and out manoeuvred by players who'd been on the pitch 80 plus.

He looked like an old man. F*ck all to do with last season .... he's not good enough and needs moving on. He'd been horrific for a year now. And whilst players go out of for 5 or 6 games. ... they don't go out of form for this long unless they're finished.

Agreed re his performance mate and I'm not argue for he will be back to his best or he finished at top level player. I just say he played too much games since joint us and no proper backup/competition plus many other troubles at our team and the club surely affect badly to him and our players physical and mentally.
      Anyway I still feel good as at least JK and the club know how importance to find (even failed to get one) quality midfield players as we can see by a lot of rumors regarding the like of Tchouameni and Bellingham before this fraught season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1133: Feb 04, 2023 01:05:58 pm
      Iā€™ve never seen a footballer collapse like he has. Itā€™s absolutely bizarre. I mean heā€™s completely gone. And heā€™s 29?!

Torres when he came back from the world cup in 2010!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1134: Feb 04, 2023 02:12:12 pm

Partly injury related from what I remember. Canā€™t remember what the injury was, maybe his knee or ankle? But he suddenly lost that explosive difference and it killed his game.
      Many of us were gutted when he left for Chelsea but looking back, I think many will agree that we sold him at the right time and we would never have gotten that much for him had he left after that winter. At the time it looked like just a run of bad form he was in but it was just the start of his rapid decline.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1135: Feb 04, 2023 02:14:34 pm
      Fab just has to sort his head out for whatever reason he just isnt there at the moment. We need every single player now to perform if we are going to rescue this season and an on form Fab is a must
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1136: Feb 04, 2023 02:20:23 pm

Sanchez when he went to Utd from Arsenal but they can do that to most players 😂

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1137: Feb 04, 2023 02:24:44 pm
      Sanchez when he went to Utd from Arsenal but they can do that to most players 😂

Hahaha good shout that one!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1138: Feb 04, 2023 02:37:55 pm
      Partly injury related from what I remember. Canā€™t remember what the injury was, maybe his knee or ankle? But he suddenly lost that explosive difference and it killed his game.
      Many of us were gutted when he left for Chelsea but looking back, I think many will agree that we sold him at the right time and we would never have gotten that much for him had he left after that winter. At the time it looked like just a run of bad form he was in but it was just the start of his rapid decline.

It was his ankle - played through the summer tournament with it and it ruined him

I certainly arenā€™t going to write it Fabinho yet
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #1139: Feb 08, 2023 06:44:52 pm
      One of my favourite players in this era, a tragic decline.

I think we will find out one day what happened.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1140: Feb 09, 2023 03:25:48 pm

Burnt out like a few of them who've played consistently over the last few seasons
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1141: Feb 09, 2023 04:19:02 pm
      Could he transition to CB?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1142: Feb 09, 2023 04:51:05 pm

That went well last time it was tried!!
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1143: Feb 09, 2023 04:57:13 pm
      Burnt out like a few of them who've played consistently over the last few seasons

Bullshit. The guy is only 29yo. You look at a player like Casemiro who in his last 3 seasons at Real averaged more than 40 games a season between league and CL and has had no problem playing. Fabinho over the same time period averaged 10 fewer games and he's burned out?

Older players like Kroos and Modric have both averaged more games than Fabinho over the past few season and they're still playing every day as they fight for another title.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1144: Feb 09, 2023 05:26:29 pm
      Bullshit. The guy is only 29yo. You look at a player like Casemiro who in his last 3 seasons at Real averaged more than 40 games a season between league and CL and has had no problem playing. Fabinho over the same time period averaged 10 fewer games and he's burned out?

Older players like Kroos and Modric have both averaged more games than Fabinho over the past few season and they're still playing every day as they fight for another title.

All players are different physically. Some are exceptional athletes who can go years playing consistently at the highest level. Other players just physically can't.

Fabinho might just be one of those players who hit his physical peak early and can't sustain the level of performance intensity required anymore.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1145: Feb 09, 2023 05:41:40 pm
      All players are different physically. Some are exceptional athletes who can go years playing consistently at the highest level. Other players just physically can't.

Fabinho might just be one of those players who hit his physical peak early and can't sustain the level of performance intensity required anymore.

Or there are bigger underlying issues in our training methods/intensity and medical team that an athlete still in his peak years is somehow "burned out" while playing fewer games than others.

« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2023 06:23:27 pm by CT_LFC »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1146: Feb 09, 2023 07:10:00 pm

I think he might surprise folks and make a comeback. Had an amazing number of games under his legs the last couple years, has a new baby. Some folks adjust to parenthood differently. Maybe he's struggling with the demands of fatherhood and being a professional footballer?

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1147: Feb 09, 2023 07:20:11 pm
      I think he might surprise folks and make a comeback. Had an amazing number of games under his legs the last couple years, has a new baby. Some folks adjust to parenthood differently. Maybe he's struggling with the demands of fatherhood and being a professional footballer?
      Demands of fatherhood. He's a multi millionaire with a baby....Its not like he's worked on the docks for 40 odd years and brought 6 kids up.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1148: Feb 09, 2023 08:22:14 pm

Bit early for April's fool mate
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1149: Feb 09, 2023 08:22:59 pm
      That went well last time it was tried!!
      But it was with a depleted side.  Have we ever seen him partner with VVD? It also severely damaged our MF back then. Now that's not the case

Quick Reply